Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. AbiramiYour feedback matters!
How can I improve my height and my wight I'm just 18 years and my wight is just 55 wat can I do ho W can I improve my wight and hight.
Swimming is the better exercise. However after swimming in Club maintained swimming pool regularly, my skin is becoming dark. Not just mine, I have noticed this with other members as well, who swim regularly.
Hi I am suffering with breast pain. Small lumps are formed around nipple and liquid secretions are coming from nipple with pain. Sometimes it's severe and sometimes symptoms get decreased automatically without any treatment. But it's very painful. I have this problem from 4 years. Can you tell me what is this disease exactly. Any treatment is there for this. Is this common problem or serious problem? Please advice me on this.
How can we whitening our teeth please say any home remedy to white my teeth Because my teeth are light yellow even I brush twice a day please help me.
I want to increase my weight and height Please give your suggestions. Because my personality is like a. 15 year old and sinky boy. My friend always make me as a funny boy. I m vegetarian.
I am 17 year old male. I am suffering backpain from last 2 weeks I consult to a doctor but his medicines do not proved to be very helpful.
Hi Dr. I am 32years women my body co lour is fair but my face color is charged dark as I was on filed job. But there is no change in face co lour as using olay natural fair cream. Face giv any tips for my face is dry. Pls suggest me some solution for this.
Dear sir I am 20 years old. I have stomach problems. I have pain some times and I can't get fresh clearly. So please help me. Thank you.
I am 56 years old (male). I am suffering from loss of appetite for past 2 years. Last year I consulted a physician for treatment of blood in stool. After a treatment of around 4 months my ailment was cured. But recently I am experiencing the same problem. Blood is coming with stool 4 to 5 times in a day. Please advise.
The word surgery has always been associated with the use of scalpel. However, a new form of surgery called laser surgery has developed, which instead of using the orthodox method uses laser to cure the infirmity. In this form of surgery, laser tuned to specific wavelengths, is emitted on the concerned area with the purpose of vaporizing the tissues that have high water content for the purpose of rectification. It is commonly used in:
- Dermatology and plastic surgery
- Eye Surgery
- Endovascular surgery
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Oral and Dental Surgery
Though the technique involves risks, it has over the years gained immense popularity due to multiple reasons. Few among them are:
- Provides immediate results: This is one of the main reasons why laser surgery is preferred to conventional methods. Commonly used in the eye, laser surgeries result in significant improvement in vision, allowing the concerned person to do away with the dependence on spectacles.
- Precision involved: Using the laser instead of the scalpel allows the method to be more precise and effective than the traditional method. Minimum damage is done to the tissue as there are smaller cuts involved.
- Less time: Due to the technique used, the time involved in laser surgeries is reasonably less, providing more time for recuperation than what is generally allowed in the traditional methods.
- Provides more career options and opportunities: Laser surgery, owing to its technique, offers corrective measures which the traditional method does not. This aspect of the surgery allows the patients to consider and explore other professions which were previously not possible. Professions like air force and the army have stringent rules regarding vision of the candidates. Laser surgery which provides an individual the freedom to operate without glasses and contact lenses also allows him or her to consider such professions.
Related Tip: "How Safe is Laser Surgery for Facial Hair Removal??"
Fluoride is a chemical naturally present in water and in some foods and is essential for healthy bone growth. A few decades ago, fluoride was discovered to have anti-cariogenic (against tooth decay) properties and slowly gained popularity. While most believe that fluoride can do wonders for your teeth and help you get rid of all problems, it is not true. There is only so much that fluoride can do and there are also undesirable effects from it.
Read on to know some myths about fluoride versus the actual facts.
Myth: Drinking fluoridated water can lead to fluorosis, which produces brown, pitted teeth, which are weak and aesthetically unappealing.
Fact: People develop fluorosis only when the water contains excessive amounts of fluorine. The currently defined permissible level is about 0.7 parts per million. At this level, fluoride provides the maximum protection against caries, at the same time not leading to fluorosis. In some cases, mild fluorosis can be seen, which only produces white speckles on the tooth and not brown pits. These teeth have a higher resistance to decay than people drinking non-fluoridated water.
Myth: Fluoride is a forced medication
Fact: Fluoride is a chemical with special benefits to the bones and teeth. In cases where the water does not contain sufficient quantities of fluoride or where the person is prone for decay, adding fluoride will provide the extra level of protection against caries.
Myth: Adding fluoride to the drinking water leads to various other medical conditions (heart disease, cancer, etc.)
Fact: Various studies have shown that this is not true. In fact, fluoride has been endorsed as safe to use and does not contribute to any diseases like heart disease, cancer, autism, or kidney problems.
Myth: Fluoride is not safe for children.
Fact: Children need a good amount of fluoride in their tooth forming years. This produces teeth that are more resistant to decay and are stronger generally. If the regular supply of water does not contain sufficient fluoride, then the child can be given supplements in the form of fluoridated toothpastes and gel applications at the clinic to provide the anti-cariogenic benefit.
Myth: If there is enough water in the fluoride, then there is no worry of tooth decay.
Fact: Fluoride only makes the teeth resistant to easy decay, it does not protect from decay completely. Proper oral hygiene habits (brushing, flossing, rinsing, dental visits) are essential to ensure that there is no plaque accumulation and food deposits to prevent caries. Fluoride is not a replacement for these practices.
Like with anything else, even excessive fluoride is not good for health, therefore the recommended level is 0.7 ppm. Ensure fluoride supplements are used only after a discussion with your dentist.
Due to exam I have to sit on study table for long periods Thus suffering from back pain, neck pain and in right hand please help me.
I live in delhi my problem is lack of thoughts of my mind. Just like obsession. Dats why I saying to you lack of mindfullness my frnd suggest to go fr a aiims. Aftr dat I went but not fruit full for me. Now a days feelng dipresesd help me sir.
I am suffering from hair fall problem from last 2 months. My hair roots are became weak. How can I control hairfall? And how can I make strong hair roots? I am 20years male.
If you have noticed your child to be restless and anxious all the time, it might look cute as the child is highly energetic, but it could be a cause for concern at the same time. It is not normal and the child could be having ADHD that is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. As the name suggests, it is a disorder with deficiency of attention and in which the child is always hyperactive.
ADHD is a disorder in which the symptoms usually show up before the age of seven. It is characterized by a group of behavioral symptoms that include inattentiveness, hyperactivity and impulsiveness. The impact of these symptoms is felt extensively where his overall self-esteem is affected, be it at home, preschool or school, academics or extracurricular activities and in interpersonal relationships.
The most common symptoms, which are almost diagnostic of ADHD are:
- Inability to hold attention: The child's attention span is very short and it is very difficult to keep them engaged on one particular thing.
- Increased restlessness: The child would be extremely restless and gets distracted easily.
- Fidgeting: The child would be seen constantly fidgeting with his fingers.
The following are the less common ones:
- Learning disability is rare, but can happen. However, the good news is that it does not affect the child's intelligence.
- Sleep disorders
- Difficulty in following directions
- Poor executive functioning skills
- Disorganization, which can lead to poor motor coordination and impaired movements
- ADHD kids tend to forget things very easily and need help with coordinating movements
- The child suffering from ADHD could easily tire and/or feel lethargic with very low energy levels. This can lead to the child procrastinating things and not wanting to do things on priority basis
- These children also have difficulties with fine motor and cognitive skills and so there is delay in their overall participation in games.
While these are the pressing symptoms of ADHD, occupational therapy can play a significant role in managing the child in the following ways. As a first step, the caregiver should have a detailed discussion with the school staff and any other people with whom the child interacts significantly.
This will help identify areas that need support from an Occupational Therapy, which are the following:
- Support with gross and/or fine motor skills
- Support with improving handwriting
- Support with engaging in playing sports and games
- Support in engaging in social activities
- Improving sensory processing difficulties
- Improving visual perception
- Support in adapting to the environment
- Teaching strategies to participate in various social and academic activities
So, while an ADHD child is definitely a cause for concern, proper support from family can help manage the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.