Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abdur RahimYour feedback matters!
My mother eats lots of black soil but do not intake it as she spits after chewing it. Does the eating of soil has any problem as she is age of 38, whats it advantages and disadvantages please suggest.
Hi doctor, I am 26 years old female, my skin is oily and little sensitive. My Skin is very uneven and look very dull after applying Photostable sunscreen. I don't want to use any steroid based cream due to side effects I am already having facial hair. I completed 3 sessions of laser treatment for upper lips this particular area look so dark and prominent on face. Can you suggest me good night cream to skin lightening without increasing my facial hair growth. So I can use for long term. I will value your advice. Note- I maintain good diet and health.
Laser hair removal refers to a process in which a special laser light is shone upon hair follicles. Pigments in the hair follicles soak up the light and this stops the hair from growing. There are several advantages as well and risks associated with laser hair removal treatment. Here is everything you need to know about laser hair removal.
- Precision: One of the biggest advantages of laser hair removal is the fact that you can pick and choose and remove only the hair, which you want to remove, which is not the case with waxing.
- Speed: Laser hair removal is relatively quick as an area, roughly equal to the size of one coin can be treated within a second. Therefore, small areas which need to be treated can be treated in under a minute while the whole back can have all the hair on it treated in about an hour.
- Reliability: Laser hair removal is very predictable and reliable due to the fact that hair will permanently be gone if this treatment is opted for.
What not to do?
Laser hair removal like any other treatment requires trained professionals as well as some precautions. Here are some precautions you should take before laser hair removal treatment.
- Limit plucking, electrolysis and waxing : All of these treatments remove the root of the hair. This is not good as the laser hair removal treatment is meant to be performed on the root of the hair. These should not be done for six weeks before treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure: Exposure to the sun creates complications and should be avoided for up to six weeks before treatment and also six weeks after treatment.
There are also several risks of laser hair removal, which are pretty common and about which you should be aware of. These include.
- Blisters and sunburns: Even though blisters are rare, sunburns are pretty common. You can wear makeup on your face to cover up the side burns unless it has blisters.
- Changes in the color of the skin: Sunscreen can be worn to treat this problem.
On my hands hairs are so dark and long it looks so ugly. .I want to solve this problem. .but how I don't know. Few days ago my frd suggested me to do laser therapy to remove hairs. But I want hairs but smaller and thinner hair on my hands. Plzzz suggest 100% useful method.
How to cure acne scars? I have used all prescribes clyndamycin gels and alike products as suggested by the doctors. But nothing worked. How to reduce the scars. Home remedies didn't work as well.
I have fissure problem in anal canal. Almost 10 month ago I meet a doctor and taken medicine as prescribed and warm bath and got relief. Now again I facing same problem with too much pain and some blood during stool passing. Please give me appropriate suggestion. Thank you.
Having a lot of antioxidant drinks like lime juice n honey, mint water and orange juice keep your skin hydrated and nourished in summer.
Wash your face 3 to 4 times a day to prevent oily skin and acne.
Use loose cotton clothes, bathe twice and use antifungal dusting powders to prevent fungal infections.
Allow your feet to breathe. Do not wear shoes and socks for more than eight hours to prevent athletes foot.
Mild and natural peels like glycolic at a dermatologist clinic will keep your skin rejuvenated