Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. A.SundaramYour feedback matters!
Recently during a health check up my Sugar level were 250 (fasting) and 390 (PP). I had done a HbA1c test during sep 2014, their the reading was 5.6. Whats should I do ?
My fasting blood sugar is 115 and blood pressure is high 140 and low is 90. Kindly tell me blood sugar and blood pressure are Normal or abnormal for my health. If abnormal what to do so for get normal.
I am 61 years old male & diabetic for the past 21 years. I am regularly taking insulin as per the doctor's advise. Now I am suffering from pain in the leg ligaments & stiffness of legs for the past 6 months. Pain killers, Calcitrol, cholecalciferol and other regular medicines are taking daily. Please advise me.
I am suffering from type ii diabetes. I walk for half an hour everyday. Is it enough or should I undertake some more exercises like yoga, etc.
What is the problem in flue and what causes hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment?
Ma nephey is 9 yr old. He is suffering with hypothyroidism when he is on prescribed medication the condition leading to hypothyroidism. So is there particular treatment available or not?
I get pain started from foot and goes upto knees twice a week. Someone suggested me get uric acid checked up so it came around 11%so I started taking homeopathic medicine named berbaris Pentagon it helped but still pain happens kindly suggest me best remedies.
The new epidemic that has taken the world by storm is obesity. The proportion of obese people is increasing and the age of onset of obesity is decreasing gradually. There is an optimal weight for a given height of a person. Obesity is when a person's weight is 20% more than the optimal weight. It brings with it a host of other health conditions, as it impairs the body’s overall functioning.
- Diabetes 2: In a normal person, food gets broken down into glucose to provide the required energy for the body using insulin. The body’s inability to produce sufficient insulin to convert the excessive amount of sugar in the body leads to diabetes. Growing to be a leading cause of early death, diabetes brings with it a host of complications affecting almost all systems and parts of the body including stroke, kidney disease, blindness, and death. Diabetes and obesity have a direct correlation and can be prevented and managed by eating a balanced diet, losing weight, exercising, and having a healthy lifestyle.
- Heart problems: An increased BMI also ups the risk for coronary heart disease (CHD), where the blood vessels are narrowed due to constant accumulation of fat in their inner walls. This gradually reduces the blood flow through these and may when complete cut-off happens, it could result in heart attack or stroke, affecting the heart or the brain. There could also be cases where the heart fails to pump sufficient blood to the rest of the body, affecting their effective functioning. Obese people also have a higher blood pressure than people who maintain a good BMI.
- Breathing problems: One of the main causes of labored breathing is excessive weight. The condition called sleep apnea which is sudden bouts of absence of breathing during sleep is very high in obesity. It can cause snoring, daytime sleepiness, increase the risk of heart disease and stroke. In people with sleep apnea, weight loss is one of the first and most recommended therapies. Asthma and general breathing disorders are also higher in obese people.
- Abnormal body cholesterol: Obese people also tend to have abnormally higher levels of body fat, especially the bad cholesterol, which again leads to coronary disease. It is a vicious cycle with one leading to the other and aggravating the other.
- Osteoarthritis: Added weight leads to pressure on the hips, knees and lower back. There is added wear and tear and pain, which further limits movement.
- Cancer: Some cancers, of the colon, endometrium, kidney, pancreas, gallbladder, breast and esophagus are more prevalent in obese people.
These are just some, there are more. The best way to avoid all these is to watch your weight. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.