Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. A.SundaramYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from hypothyroid and mental disorders. It affected my body parts and my brain. What should I do to overcome the problems of hypothyroid and depression?
Hi doctors, when my father went for blood test the result is normal no high sugar levels but my father contains high sugar levels in urine, right now he is of 240 points, is it is severe issue? if so please help us in maintaining sugar levels in his body? please also tell us which type of food and fruits I can give to my dad.
Thyroid is a gland which is located in the neck right beneath the Adam’s apple. The hormone produced by it is called thyroxin and this hormone is responsible for controlling the body’s metabolic rate. This gland works as a thermostat for the human body as it controls other hormones which are responsible for burning and using calories.
How does it affect your life?
- Hypothyroidism, also known as the ‘underactive thyroid disease’, is a disorder which causes the thyroid to secrete insufficient hormone, thus causing the body’s metabolic rate to slow down, and in turn affecting the heart rate and body temperature.
- The people who suffer from hypothyroidism often experience weight gain and sensitivity to cold. Weight gain in case of hypothyroidism occurs despite having a low appetite. This is because the calories consumed are not burnt and used appropriately.
- Fatigue is another major issue associated with hypothyroidism. Individuals suffering from hypothyroidism usually become tired after the first half of the day.
- An underactive thyroid also causes drowsiness and depression. These may initially not seem to be major problems but in the long run, both the quality of life and overall health are usually negatively affected by it.
- Thyroid related issues have become more common nowadays. Research shows that an unhealthy lifestyle is one of the major reasons behind this. Sedentary lifestyle involving little physical movement coupled with consumption of an unbalanced diet has led to surge in the number of such cases.
Doctors prescribe medications in case of hypothyroidism. But apart from medicines, simple modifications in lifestyle can go a long way in addressing this disorder. Research shows that consuming a healthy diet rich in iodine and comprising of sea food and green leafy vegetables, can increase the production of thyroxin in the body. Regular exercises must also be coupled along with following a proper diet.
I am 72 bloodsugar 134 (fasting) came dn to 102 after medicine. Now can I take fruits, sweets along with med. My bp is130/80. Once doc measured as180/80. Gave medicine. Now it has come 116/65.
I have thyroid problem. I want to conceive. I am working lady. I get fully exhausted by evening. I have no energy left for intercourse. The same routine exist every day. Please help. How should I go.
Hi Doctor, I am Male 45. Currently, I am taking medications MACOX PLUS 600 mg, MACROZIDE 750 mg and ECOS 1000 mg for Tuberculosis from 1 month. I am feeling very feverish daily (around 100 degrees) from past 22 days. When I asked my doctor about this, he said it is common. But I am getting scared. Request you to please give your advice and suggest some medications for this if required. Thank you.
As an diabetic patient which food I can eat which a normal person can eat I am just having roti and veritable because I don't know what else I can eat which will be good in test please help.
I am 42 years old diabetic with controlled sugar level. I HV developed white vitiligo type patches on my callus and inner side of the foreskin started two years ago. Tried tab flucan 150 weekly three weeks and miconazole 2% gel. No significant change seen. please advice.
I am diabetic. Need some suggestions to get control my sugar levels. I go for walk regular. Maintain v well myself. But even though sugar level fluctuates. I need some suggestion of food diet to main the levels.
I am 22 years old, I have a doubt, I have thyroid problem or anything else, I don't know. Some symptoms make this feeling. Because, suddenly weight raising 4 to 5 Kg and decreasing skin tone and skin color. I have pimple and dandruff.
Hi I am sugar patient type 2 for last 09 years. I have 2 year olds child. If any possible to come in my child.
Sugar is present in all your beverages, smoothies, cookies, desserts, food items and more. But the not so sweet truth is that too much sugar in your diet can turn your life topsy-turvy. It increases your risk of obesity, diabetes, heart diseases, deters the immune system and even harms the brain function. So, in order to break the addictiveness of sugar that can rob you of your health, all you need is a clear path to detox from sugar.
Here are some pointers on how to detox your body off excess sugar:
- Turn away from sugar: Sugar is more addictive than cocaine. So you need to develop a strong will power to eliminate sugar completely, as you would do if you are trying to come out of alcoholism or other intoxications. You should not just avoid table sugar, but also keep away from all the sneaky sugars available in processed food and beverages. Ideally, a time period of 10 days is suggested to give up on any kind of sugar.
- Stack up on proteins: Eat meals that contain lots of good protein and fat. Since they are difficult to digest and take more time to absorb, it will make you feel full for a long time and sustain your energy levels. The key to balancing blood sugar and insulin levels, without much cravings can be achieved through a high protein diet.
- Eat the right carbs: Avoid refined carbs and starchy foods like potatoes, white bread, pasta and baked goods. Instead opt for natural carbohydrates present in vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, leafy greens, eggplant, and artichokes. It is also good to avoid grains and beans during your detox period.
- No artificial sweeteners: You might be tempted to replace sugar with artificial sweeteners, but this is not really beneficial. Artificial sweeteners are just temporary solutions when weaning from sugar and we do not know about its long term benefits. In the long run, it might be just as addictive as sugar. If at all you crave for something sweet, go for natural fruits.
- Consume whole foods: Foods that don’t come in boxes, cans or bottles. Whole foods like vegetables, fruits, lean meat, nuts, fish, seeds and healthy fats will help a great deal to curb cravings and also keep you satiated.
- Sleep well: Last but not the least, get quality sleep time to beat cravings for sugar and suppress hunger hormones. Sleep your way to fight against the desire to overeat and improve your energy levels. A good night’s sleep will do wonders for your overall well-being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.