Doctor in VeeCare Sundar Hospital - Poonamallee
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for VeeCare Sundar Hospital - PoonamalleeYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 20 years old female. Recently I have so many stress and behave so sensitive. And I use to cry without reasons at times. I do not know the way to control my stress. So please suggest me to control my stress.
How I remove stiffness in back and chest tightness, my upper part is tighten. Its all due to anxiety some doctor diagnoses anxiety some somatic depression and some chemical imbalance, how I come out of it?
Recently I take opinion from psychiatrist and he told me that I was suffering from social anxiety and told me for cognitive behaviour therapy as I don't want to retake medicine on daily basis as these medicines are very addictive. And he prescribed me betacap 40 for occasional use to reduce physical symptoms of anxiety (heart palpitations, sweating,ghabrahat, nervousness)but 40 mg not works great so can I take double dose if required?
Hello, How to recover from repetitive thoughts? I think it is OCD. I want to live peacefully. Kindly suggest.
Hi Sir, Is there any kitchen spice which can treat a mental depression problem? Could you kindly advice me in this regard.
I am 21, Male,student PCM, 12th class. I am not able to concentrate on study for more than 10 -15 minutes max. I am always low at maths and problem solving. I always felt irritated. I am becoming very very lazy. The internet and social networks are disturbing me and I even want to quit, I can't quit or reduce social network time. I surf the internet a lot. I what he's movies online a lot. Please help.
The age at which kids learn language and start talking can vary.Knowing what's "normal" and what's not in speech and language development can help parents figure out if there's cause for concern or if their child is right on schedule.
Hi Sir, What know about crux of bipolar disorder 2. should I get married with bipolar person her age is 30 and suffering from. Last 8 years presently on medicine namely Arip 15 mg. I m very confused what to do already engagement done now. Please Advise best solution as it's matter of life.
Anxiety has become a common phenomenon in the recent years. The constant pressure of being the best has taken a toll on people of all ages. It is a widespread misconception that anxiety only affects the mind, but the truth is that the body is equally affected. People often ignore this condition which worsens the condition and also leads to several other severe problems.
There is no medication required to treat anxiety in the initial stages. Simple changes in diet and lifestyle help treat anxiety if the condition is not severe. Following are some of the ways to treat anxiety without medication-
- Exercise: Exercise is considered to be one of the best ways to fight anxiety. Exercising helps release endorphins and serotonin, which are the 'feel-good chemicals' that improve emotional well-being. Research also suggests that exercise increases the body temperature that may alter the neural circuits which changes the cognitive function. One does not need to do a heavy work out or strength training; a simple brisk walk for around 30 minutes or basic yoga for some time during the day helps treat anxiety.
- Limit the intake of caffeine: Caffeine is a natural nervous system stimulant. It triggers the “fight or flight” response in the body. The energy produced by caffeine can lead to an anxiety attack. Hence, it is suggested to avoid or limit the intake of caffeine.
- Avoid overthinking: Overthinking is one of the most common causes of anxiety. If one is not able to communicate what he/she thinks, then it affects the mental health. It is not necessary to talk to a certain person; one can also express these emotions or feelings through writing, art, and another medium. It is suggested to not keep the emotions in the mind and let it flow in any form he/she wishes to, though one may not find a solution for the same.
- Get adequate sleep: One needs to understand that sleep is important for the body, as it helps in proper functioning of the body. Therefore, it is important that the body gets the required sleep so that it can function at its optimum the next day. The ideal rest time is 8-10 hours.
- Do not avoid food: Hunger increases the blood sugar level, which in turn results in the release of the stress hormone called cortisol. This can disturb the emotional state and make one prone to anxiety. It is suggested to avoid food rich in fats and sugar if one is hungry for a long period of time.
Anxiety can prove to be the worst enemy if it is not treated properly and at the right time. Although medications help treat the condition, anxiety medications have some serious side effects too. Therefore, it is advised to treat the condition in the early stages and avoid these medications. Also, following a healthy diet and making some changes in the lifestyle help fight the condition better. To know what works best for you, it is best to visit a psychiatrist at the earliest to avoid unnecessary complications.