Doctor in Tharaks Diabetes & Diagnostic Centre
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Tharaks Diabetes & Diagnostic CentreYour feedback matters!
The thyroid gland plays a major role in most of the metabolic processes that occur in the body. This is due to the hormones it produces. Disorders in thyroid can go from a little, innocuous goiter (enlarged gland) that needs no treatment, to fetal growth. The most widely recognized thyroid issues include irregular generation of thyroid hormones. Hyperthyroidism is a condition that occurs due to presence of excess thyroid hormones. Inversely, hypothyroidism is caused due to insufficient hormone production. It is common that people with this condition will exhibit symptoms associated with slow metabolism.
There are two genuinely regular reasons for hypothyroidism.
- The first is a result of past (or current) irritation of the thyroid organ, which leaves a vast amount of the cells of the thyroid harmed (or dead) and unequipped for providing an adequate amount of hormones. The most widely recognized reason for the failure of thyroid organs is called autoimmune thyroiditis (also known as Hashimoto's thyroiditis), a type of thyroid irritation brought about by the patient's own immune system.
- The second significant cause is the general class of medical treatments.
The treatment of numerous thyroid conditions requires surgical removal of a segment or the greater part of the thyroid gland. In the event that the aggregate mass of thyroid delivering cells left inside the body are insufficient to address the issues of the body, the patient will experience hypothyroidism. It is to be noted that this is regularly the objective of the surgery for thyroid cancer.
Symptoms of hypothyroidism include
It is totally treatable in numerous patients basically by taking a little pill once per day. However, it is usually more complicated. The medication comes in different varieties, which implies that a fitting dose can quite often be found for every patient and be re-assessed annually. A few patients will notice a slight decrease in indications in 1 to 2 weeks, yet the full metabolic reaction to thyroid hormone treatment is regularly deferred for a month or two preceding the patient feels totally typical. It is imperative that the right measure of thyroid hormone is used. After around a month's treatment, hormone levels are measured in the blood to set up whether the dosage of thyroid hormone, which the patient is taking is proper.
If you are looking for an effective treatment procedure for infertility, you should consider homeopathy. Infertility refers to the inability to conceive after having sex. The biological inability of a man or a woman to conceive and have a full term pregnancy can also be referred to as infertility. Homeopathy is the most natural cure for infertility and there are several types of homeopathic medicines which treat infertility in both men and women.
Homeopathic Medicines for Infertility in Men
The top homeopathic medicines used for treating infertility in men are as follows:
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with erectile dysfunction
Agnus Castus is used when a man’s sexual desire and physical ability are reduced. The genitals stay relaxed, cold and flaccid. Caladium is used when infertility or impotency results because of mental depression. The genitals stay relaxed and weak erections are likely. Selenium is used for erectile dysfunction featured by slow and weak erections. Involuntary semen discharge may also be indicated as a symptom.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with low sperm count
The homeopathic medicine X-Ray is very effective in treating low sperm count in men. Sperm count gets increased, enhancing both the quantity and quality of sperm.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility in men with orchitis
Conium is used for treating infertility in men, which occurs due to orchitis. The testicles get swollen, enlarged and hardened. Conium also helps patients with a history of suppressed sexual desire.
Homeopathic Medicines For Infertility In Women
The top homeopathic medicines for treating infertility in women are as follows:
Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of acid vaginal charges
Borax and Natrum Phos are effective homeopathic medicines used for treating infertility in women, which occurs because of acid vaginal charges. These medicines are prescribed when the vaginal discharges are destructive, acrid and sperm killing in nature. Borax is used when the discharge is like egg white, copious and warm. Natrum Phos is used in the case of acrid, creamy and honey coloured discharge.
Homeopathic medicines for infertility because of prolonged and profuse periods
Calcarea Carb and Aletris Farionosa are ideal homeopathic medicines which are used in case of prolonged and profuse menstrual periods, and in the case of periods appearing before the usual time. Experiencing early menses is likely. The patient may experience anemia, leucorrhea, fatigue, tiredness and weakness along with menorrhagia.
Homeopathic treatment does not utilize the use of any kind of chemicals, and hence there are no side effects on the body. You should consult a homeopathic practitioner before starting to take homeopathic medicines for infertility.
Diabetes is very restrictive - living with the disease however does not imply that you stop enjoying. By bringing about certain changes in your lifestyle, you can still live your life to the fullest. For better management of your disease, these are some of the changes that you can make to improve your blood sugar levels and keep your condition under control.
1. Stay fit with physical activity: The first lifestyle change you can make is to increase your level of physical activity. This can help you in burning extra calories, thereby keeping your blood sugar levels in check. Spending 30 minutes a day exercising is ideal. If you’re not fond of exercising or don’t have the time for it, even performing simple activities like walking, vacuuming or doing your laundry can help to lower glucose levels while burning calories.
2. Maintain a healthy BMI: Likewise, try to lose those extra kilos that may be weighing you down and increasing your sugar levels. You don’t have to lose all the weight in one go, you can do so little by little. To lose weight gradually and consequently achieve a healthy BMI, you must have more of fruit and vegetables and less of sugary items and processed food along with exercising regularly.
3. Make the right food choices: When it comes to food, you should consume whole grain foods instead of refined carbohydrate alternatives. Make every meal a balanced one with starches, fats and proteins included in the right amount. Furthermore, avoid beverages that come with high sucrose or fructose content, as they don’t offer much in terms of nutrition, and instead just add to your calorie count. Some of the foods you can include in your diet are bitter gourd, cinnamon, green tea, amla, jamun etc.
4. Have a fixed quantity of food: Apart from knowing the right foods to eat and the balance that you need to maintain between the different types, it is also important to know about portion sizes and carbohydrate count. This is because among the different food classes, it’s chiefly carbohydrates that influence your blood glucose levels. So, you need to keep track of the amount of carbohydrates that you’ve consumed in order to arrive at the right insulin dosage.
In addition to keeping count of your carbohydrate consumption, understanding the right portion sizes for the different types of food is also extremely vital for better management of your ailment. Measuring cups and spoons should be employed to arrive at the right quantities of food.
5. Eat your meals at fixed timings: As a diabetic, you should not go longer than 5 hours without eating as it can cause your blood sugar levels to fall dramatically, making you feel weak and faint. Instead you should have your meals at fixed hours, spacing them out at regular intervals. This will ensure your blood sugar levels are always at an optimum point.
6. Control your stress: Stress is a risk factor for Type 2 diabetes. When you’re under stress, your body produces stress hormones (cortisol) that can cause your blood sugar levels (and even blood pressure)to rise. So, preventing or controlling stress becomes necessary to keep your diabetes under control.
Diabetes might not be the end of the road for you. While it is a chronic disorder, there are a number of steps you can take to minimize its effects. Before that you should know what diabetes is and its various types.
What is diabetes?
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder where the sugar in your blood is not metabolized by the body. This leads to a situation wherein sugar accumulates in your blood; this condition is known as high blood sugar. Now this can happen in two ways:
Type 1 Diabetes: In this type, the beta cells of the pancreas that produce insulin (hormone that metabolizes sugar) are destroyed by the immune system of the body. This leads to reduction in insulin levels, causing blood sugar to shoot up.
Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 diabetes is a condition wherein the body cannot effectively utilize the insulin to metabolize sugar. This again leads to accumulation of sugar in the blood.
Now that you know the various types of diabetes, it is time to focus on the preventive measures. The various tips for high blood sugar level are:
Steer Clear of Sugar: Think of sugar as your enemy, as it is something that you have to stay away from. Sugar will only add to the high blood sugar content that you are already diagnosed with.
Welcome whole grains with open arms: Refined grains are a big no; that means no more of those delicious white bread sandwiches. Instead, opt for whole grains such as brown bread, brown rice and oats. Refined grains come under simple carbohydrates that cause your blood sugar levels to shoot up.
Avoid over consumption of fruits: While fruits are healthy, they do contain fructose which is again, a form of sugar. So, yes eat them but limit their consumption to one serving a day.
High time you realize nothing substitutes exercise: Regular exercise can help you burn calories and also keep your blood sugar levels low. It allows you to maintain healthy weight levels and improves your overall wellbeing.
Take no stress: Stress has been shown to increase blood sugar, so if you are feeling stressed and can’t seem to get out of with, take steps to deal with it. Practice relaxation techniques such as meditation that can help you reduce stress and improve focus.
I am 21 year old suffering from hyperthyroidism with TSH 56.8 while T3, T4 are normal. The dose I am taking is THYROXINE SODIUM TABLETS IP THYROX - 150. Currently I am feeling much tiredness. Can you please suggest me about diet and treatment.
There are many reasons leading to infertility, but one of the main causes is the inability of the sperm to travel all the way up to the uterus to fertilize an egg. This is caused by defective sperms and could be due to poor sperm quality, poor motility, etc. There are multiple reasons for this, and even smoking, obesity, diabetes, hypertension, etc. could be reasons.
Many technical advancements in fertility treatments are being done, and they try to keep the natural process of fertilization intact, at the same time improving the chances of success. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI, often used as a standalone term iksee) improves the rate of fertilization in that the sperm is directly injected into the egg. The environment of this artificial fertilization is completely controlled, and the fertilized egg is then placed into the womb for further growth. It is one of the recent methods of improving fertility, a part of ART (assisted reproductive technology).
- Poor sperm perms motility
- Semen where sperm concentration is low
- Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
- Poor sperm quality, with sluggish sperms
- Ejaculation issues, such as retrograde ejaculation (semen is ejected into the bladder)
- Useful in couples who have failed IVF
- Low AMP reserve
- Low egg quality
- Tubal blockage
What to expect?
The following outlines some of the steps for both male and female before and during the procedure.
Before the procedure - males:
- The first step is the sperm collection; a screening is first done
- Sperms collection happens through either masturbation or directly from the testicles via a small incision
- Sperms could be collected fresh or collected and frozen for later use
Before the procedure – women:
- In the normal menstrual cycle, only a single egg is released. However, prior to ICSI, the woman is given ovulation drugs, which are high-dose hormone injections prior to ovulation. This ensures multiple eggs are released, which are then retrieved for fertilization in the external environment.
- Blood and urine are monitored regularly to identify the ovulation time, and eggs are collected within 24 to 36 hours of release
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Treatment
The process of IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) is a laboratory procedure where the egg is fertilized with the sperm in a laboratory dish and is implanted into the woman’s uterus. Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is an assisted reproductive technique wherein a single sperm is injected into the cytoplasm of the oocyte with the help of special micro-manipulators.
Is there anybody who is happy with their body? Definitely not! Almost everyone wants to lose weight. While some want to reduce their overall weight, others are concerned about their thighs, arms, buttocks, and/or belly and get rid
of the fat accumulated in these areas. The last couple of decades have seen a drastic change in the lifestyle of people.
With more processed and refined items finding their way into each of our meals and physical activity drastically declining, the new epidemic is obesity. No germs causing it, but our foods. Extensive research is being done to identify newer methods to manage obesity. The complicating issue is also that once lost, the chance of fat re-accumulation always exists. One such new technique is the ultrasonic lipolysis. This technique involves the use of ultrasound waves to kill the fat cells (lipo - fat, lysis - kill). This is a noninvasive method wherein localized fat deposits are reduced, especially in areas like the abdomen, hips, thighs, upper arm, and buttocks. This is an advanced technique available to patients who want to achieve weight loss
and body contouring.
How it works: The fat that is consumed through foods is digested but then accumulates under the skin. The accumulated fat is seen as fat globules or bubbles. These bubbles are difficult to break but attract more fat bubble formation and therefore fat accumulation continues over a period of time. After a detailed case history and examination, a customized programme is
drawn that could be of 3 to 5 sessions spread over a period of one to two weeks.
During each session, heat waves of different wavelengths are applied to the area of fat deposition through fiber-optic lasers. The sound energy gets converted into mechanical energy which helps in bursting of the fat molecules. By a process known as emulsification, the larger fat cells are broken into smaller ones, almost to a liquid form, thereby reducing fat deposits.
Benefits of this include:
3. Improves body contour
4. Reduces body circumference
5. Muscle toning and firming
6. Localized body shaping
Earlier, liposuction was used which would remove the fat leaving sagging skin behind. New research has shown that a combination of lipolysis and liposuction can produce the best results. There is no sagging of the skin in these patients,
and as an added advantage, there is also skin firming indirectly when lipolysis is done.
Studies have shown that obesity is linked to increased morbidity with higher incidence of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and paralysis. It is therefore, extremely essential that both women and men do all that is possible to reduce weight and fight obesity.
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection i.e. ICSI is different from conventional IVF i.e. In Vitro Fertilization because a single sperm is selected by the embryologist to be injected by a needle into the egg rather than a dish with many sperms placed near the egg so that the fastest swimming sperm enters it. Once the sperm is injected directly into the egg, it fertilizes, after which the embryo is transferred into the womb or uterus.
Your doctor might recommend ICSI treatment for you if you have an extremely low sperm count resulting in infertility or other medical sperm conditions such as poor motility or poor morphology. It may also be suggested if prior attempts at IVF procedures have failed in fertilizing the egg or the fertilization rate is extremely low. You must also consider ICSI treatment if you resort to embryo testing or if the sperm needs to be collected from the epididymis or testicles surgically.
However, you must keep in mind that if your partner has a genetic problem resulting in low sperm count, it could be passed on to your child, if you decide to use your husband's sperm for this process.
Success Rates of ICSI:
The success rate of ICSI treatment depends on your age and your fertility problem. Your eggs are healthier when you are young and as you age, chances are that they will become less healthy.
1. 35 per cent if you are under 35 years of age
2. 29 per cent if you are between 35 to 37 years of age
3. 21 per cent if you are between 38 to 39 years of age
4. 14 per cent if you are between 40 to 42 years of age
5. 6 per cent if you are between 43 to 44 years of age
6. 5 per cent if you are above 44 years of age
Advantages of ICSI Treatment:
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection gives you a chance to conceive a child genetically when most other options are exhausted. Males may be unable to ejaculate on the day the eggs are collected due to anxiety. ICSI proves to be advantageous because sperm may also be surgically extracted for this process. It is extremely helpful for those couples who suffer from unexplained infertility. However, one of the most important factors is that ICSI treatment does not affect your child's physical or mental health.