In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
Donor Insemination Surrogacy
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI)
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
Sperm Donor Program
Embryo Donor Program
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)
Caesarean Section (C Section)
Oophorectomy / Ovariectomy / Ovarian Ablation
Natural Cycle IVF
Ultrasonography - Pelvic
Well Woman Healthcheck
Infertility Evaluation / Treatment
Maternal Care/ Checkup
High-Risk Pregnancy Care
In Vitro Fertilization (Test Tube Baby)
Patient Review Highlights
Thanks to the Srushti Fertility Hospital for my intra-uterine insemination (iui). The overall atmosphere in the Srushti Fertility Centre & Women's Hospital is very soothing. The complete process was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to go there.
Srushti Fertility Hospital has all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. Even though my problem was very big, the entire experience of undergoing insemination was very relaxing. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before.
Childbirth comes within an age bracket. Women feel this more so than men. Career demands or other personal choices can delay the time to get pregnant. Thus, freezing your eggs can prove to be beneficial, if you delay childbirth to focus on your career or education, or if you have certain medical conditions such as cancer.
- Egg Retrieval: Before the eggs are harvested, there is a lot you have to do. The first month is spent taking blood tests and ultrasounds. In the second month, you will have to take medicines before your procedure for egg retrieval. Ultrasounds and blood tests are also conducted at this stage to monitor the growth of the eggs. Around the time of your ovulation, the eggs will be harvested. You will be lightly sedated during the procedure. After the procedure, you might feel bloated and experience cramping. At least 15 eggs are retrieved for optimum chances. The medicines prescribed are all hormone injections which you can self-administer.
- Freezing and Storage: The largest human cell is the egg. It is comprised mainly of water. When the eggs are frozen, crystals can form which can destroy it. So an anti-freeze replaces the water after the eggs are dehydrated. This prevents crystal formation. Eggs are frozen using vitrification. In this process, the eggs are either slowly or flash frozen. Eggs can be frozen for as long as 10 years. This does not hamper the quality.
- Risks: There is no guarantee that freezing eggs will lead to having a baby. Sometimes, eggs do not survive the freezing or the thaw.
- Advantages: For women who are suffering from cancer, freezing their eggs might be the best option. They might want to preserve their fertility before their cancer treatment starts. This is useful since radiation and chemotherapy can harm your chances of getting pregnant.
The obvious advantage of freezing your eggs would be the fact that it gives you time. It lets you decide and keeps you one step ahead of your biological clock.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF) are two commonly used methods of fertility treatment, which increase a couple’s chance of becoming pregnant.
IUI- IUI is a procedure during which processed and concentrated motile sperm are inserted directly into a woman’s uterus. This procedure is timed according to a woman’s ovulation, and may be performed one to two times in the days immediately following the detection of ovulation. After ovulation a woman’s egg is picked up by the fallopian tube and waits there for the sperm. Since the IUI procedure deposits higher concentrations of good quality sperm close to where the egg is waiting, the chances that the egg and sperm will find one another are increased.
IVF- IVF is the most successful method of fertility treatment utilized today to help couples to conceive. The basic components of the IVF process include stimulation of the ovaries to produce multiple eggs at a time, removal of the eggs from the ovary (egg retrieval), fertilization of the eggs in the laboratory, and subsequent placement of the resulting embryos into the uterus (embryo transfer). The chance of pregnancy from IVF depends primarily on the age of the woman, the cause of infertility, and factors related to the quality of the IVF laboratory.
IUI Treatment: There is a marked difference between IVF and IUI pregnancy rates. IUI has a success rate between 5% and 20%, but it can even be as low as 1-2 %, depending on the woman’s age and fertility levels. The chances of conceiving through IUI is higher if fertility drugs are administered along with the treatment.
IVF Treatment: IVF has a high success rate – between 20% and 35% and it can even go as high as 40%. This may not seem like a lot, but it is very high, considering that an average young and fertile couple has only a 15-20% chance to conceive in a month. It is important to understand what IVF and IUI success rates mean and the factors that affect it before deciding on a fertility treatment. You can also use any reliable online IUI vs IVF comparison tool to determine your approximate success rates with each of these treatments, depending on your age, lifestyle, and medical history.
You should use online sources of information to understand more about fertility problems, how age affects fertility levels, and whether freezing your eggs is a good option for you. However, discuss all these issues with your doctor to ensure that you have the right information and that you have understood it correctly. Fertility specialists provide you with personalized fertility plans based on your health which is why you should always talk to them before you make any decision.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The available eggs in the ovaries at a time are collectively called an ovarian reserve. Low reserve happens when the production of eggs reduces. This affects the chances of pregnancy. The general cause of low reserves can be aging ovaries. In such cases, the ovary may be healthy and functioning even if the reserve is low. Production of eggs lower as a woman ages. A woman starts with 250,00 to 500,000 eggs at puberty and ends up with 1000 eggs at menopause.
Low reserves are caused by
- Production of eggs decreases: Chromosomal abnormalities like Turner syndrome (lack of two X chromosomes) and genetic anomalies like Fragile X can decrease egg production.
- Ovarian tissue damage: Rough torsion, endometriosis triggered ovarian cysts, malignant or benign tumours, surgical removal of ovary or any other part of it, chemotherapy or radiation, pelvic adhesions, immunological problems or high BMI (Body Mass Index) can destroy the ovarian tissues.
If a woman has low ovarian reserves, then she will be put on the either of the following protocols:
- Short GnRHa Flare: Gonadotrophin releasing-hormone-agonist (GnRHa) like Lupron, Nafarelin, Synarel or Buserelin is administered. This therapy is initiated at the onset of menstruation. The goal of the treatment is to stimulate the release of the follicular stimulating hormone (FSH) which augments the ovarian follicular growth.
- Combined Clomiphene or Gonadotrophin/Letrozole Stimulation: Older women are mostly administered this protocol. But it is strongly advised not to, as this protocol can potentially harm the egg or the embryo.
- Mid-follicular GnRH-antagonist protocol: Once the GnRHa-agonist protocol is commenced, the GnRH-antagonist is given several days later. Once the follicles reach the size of 12mm, GnRHa antagonists like Ganirelix, Orgalutran, Cetrotide and Cetrorelix are added. These drugs stop the pituitary from secreting the luteinizing hormone (FSH leads to secretion of this hormone).
- Long GnRHa Pituitary Down Regulation Protocol: This is the usual approach to deal with low ovarian reserves.
- Agonist/Antagonist Conversion Protocol: This protocol inhibits FSH production. This protocol generally yields good results. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Doctors believe that all women are born with a certain quantity of eggs as well as chances of conception. Also, all bodies are unique with individual strengths and weaknesses. Fertility tests can help in unravelling a number of issues as well as the health of your reproductive system as a whole. It is important to address various lifestyle issues in order to retain your fertility and ensure that you have a hassle free conception. Read on to know more about the ways in which you can preserve your fertility.
- Oral health: There are a number of medical studies that go as far as suggesting that the state of the woman’s oral health is a significant factor when it comes to the proper functioning of her reproductive system. Many women who have required treatment for infertility are said to have suffered from oral health problems like inflammation and gum disease. One needs to avoid these issues so as to have more reproductive success. So, it is important to brush and floss on a regular basis in order to have better oral and reproductive health.
- Food: When we are talking about oral health, how can food intake be too far behind? In order to maintain good oral health, it is important to take care of your eating habits. One should steer clear of excessive sugary food intake as well as junk food intake which end up harming the gums as well as the overall system of the patient. Also, you must avoid eating processed carbohydrates like white bread and white rice. It is also a good idea to get your proteins from plant sources rather than animal sources. Furthermore, it is also a good option to strike trans fat off the list and to pick unsaturated fats instead. This kind of a diet is known as low glycemic diet which keeps the sugar levels stable. This helps in boosting all body functions in general, including one’s fertility.
- Smoking: As per a number of medical studies, about 13 per cent of the infertility cases are linked with excessive smoking. Tobacco has an adverse effect on the state of your fertility, and it usually makes the eggs deteriorate at a much faster rate. It can also cause early miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy, which is a dangerous condition where the egg gets lodged in the fallopian tube. Smoking can also bring about early menopause.
- Vitamin supplements: Many doctors suggest that once a woman has entered her child bearing years, it is important to start taking multivitamins as these contain folic acid. Folic acid is an important nutrient that helps in foetal growth and stimulates ovulation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Pregnancy can be easy and smooth, while on the other hand, it might be time consuming, marred with conception difficulties all along the way. Pregnancy may seem exciting to some, whereas it can be stressful for others. Regardless of whether it is the first child you are planning or have had a successful pregnancy previously; there are some tips you need to keep in mind in order to improve fertility and give birth to a healthy child.
Some fertility boosting factors are:
These fantastic swimmers are at the very root of male fertility. Some important components which need to be taken into consideration are sperm count, sperm motility (the ability of the sperm to swim around the female reproductive tract) and morphology (shape and size of a sperm). In order to have all these parameters in check and working fine, one needs to abstain from smoking and limit alcohol consumption among many other lifestyle modifications.
Having unprotected vaginal intercourse during the woman’s fertile days in a month helps improve chances of conception.
Fertility becomes a challenge when you are either overweight or underweight. The weight of a woman affects ovulation (The release of eggs from the ovaries) and causes hormonal imbalance; factors which make it very difficult to conceive. Keep your weight levels in check and that could prove primarily essential in bettering your fertility.
Staying well nourished boosts your odds of conceiving! Make sure to include enough protein, iron, zinc, vitamin C, and vitamin D in your diet, because deficiencies in these nutrients have been linked to lengthened menstrual cycles (and therefore less frequent ovulation) and a higher risk of early miscarriage. Consult gynaecologist if you should take a daily multivitamin supplement. And be sure to eat protein-rich foods, such as meat, fish, low-fat dairy products, eggs, and beans.
Beware of STDs or Sexually Transmitted Diseases. One is the most prone to STDs of any kind if he/she happens to engage in unprotected sexual intercourse; having a number of sexual partners just ups the chances of getting afflicted by STD. Protected vaginal intercourse helps prevent STDs, thus enhancing fertility and subsequently, chances of conception.
According to several studies, the lubricant one chooses surprisingly plays a significant role in determining fertility. Not all lubricants boost fertility and sperm motility (sperm count). Baby oil or egg whites are a few good examples of such lubricants.
While a limited amount of caffeine consumption is good, overdoing it might spoil and hamper fertility. Limit caffeine intake and keep it within a level of 200-250mg a day.
Smoking, besides playing havoc with every organ in the body, affects the reproductive organs and thus fertility. In men, it leads to reduced sperm count and in women, it causes DNA damage. Stub the bud right now and never get back to it.
Certain toxic chemicals can lead to female and male infertility. So it is advisable that you stay away from chemicals such as pesticides, organic solvents and lead, the primary toxins which pose a severe threat to fertility.
- Exercising regularly can never go wrong. It gives you the strength and stamina, boosting your overall health. However, vigorous exercises, especially when you are trying to conceive, will do you no good. It might adversely lead to the suppression of certain hormones such as progesterone (pregnancy stimulating hormone) and might affect ovulation, hence affecting fertility. Aim at a regular 20 minutes session of light exercises; mild cardiovascular exercises such as walking can work wonders, especially in such circumstances.