Treatment of Lumpectomy
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Prostate Laser Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Kidney Stones Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Vascular Trauma Treatment
Arterial Thrombosis Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Sri Venkateswara C M HospitalYour feedback matters!
Every woman strives to achieve flawless, glowing skin. Today, men are far behind and thus a good complexion is envied and sought after by everyone. Skin condition is affected by a number of factors including diet, sun exposure, age etc. Though skin conditions like acne, freckles, sun spots etc are not life threatening it can lower your self confidence and the quality of your life.
Homeopathy is very effective in treating skin conditions like these as well as to improve the overall state of your skin. The best part about following a homeopathic treatment route is that it is associated with negligible side effects. Also, unlike topical skin creams that only address the visible symptoms, homeopathy addresses the root cause of the problem and thus ensures that it does not recur frequently.
Some common homeopathic remedies that can give your skin a glow are:
- Sulphur: This is an effective way to clear dull and dirty skin and can be used to treat number of skin ailments. It nourishes the skin from deep within and helps clear pimples and scars that may have formed as a result of them. Sulphur is also used to treat dry and scaly skin.
- Berberis aquifolium: This is an excellent homeopathic remedy for clear skin. It is used to treat patchiness, acne, scars etc and can lighten complexion and make it glow.
- Psorinum: This homeopathic remedy is ideal for people with oily, greasy skin and a dark complexion. It helps clear pimples and reduce the oiliness of the skin. By deep cleansing the pores on the skin, it adds a glow to your face and keeps it clear. Psorinum can also help lighten complexion and give your skin an even tone.
- Bovista: Often excessive use of cosmetic products does more harm than good to our skin. In such cases, bovista is the ideal remedy. This helps clear pimples, patchiness and other skin problems triggered by excessive cosmetic application. Additionally, it brightens the skin and makes it glow.
- Sepia: Menstrual irregularities or hormonal imbalance at the time of pregnancy can lead to a condition known as chloasma. This can be seen in the form of discolouration of the face and brown spots. Sepia is a very effective remedy to treat this condition. It clears the spots and discolouration and gives the skin a healthy glow.
When prescribing a homeopathic remedy for a skin condition, along with the visible symptoms, a doctor must also consider the lifestyle of the patent and their overall mental and physical health. Thus, what suits one person may not suit another and it is always best to consult a homeopathic doctor instead of self medicating.
Causes and treatment for Hyperpigmentation and Melasma
I'm fair and my skin gets tan in summer so Whether sunscreen lotion of SPF25 is okay for the body. Thanks in advance.
Red wine is a ladies' drink; if you are averse to alcohol, especially to its usual, piquant taste, you must have been suggested with the lightness of red wine by officious onlookers. That surely isn't a remote possibility when you are a lady and of age. Cautious introspection backed with years of medical or scientific research tells millions how wine, when consumed in moderation, helps improve a woman's physical health: the facet of mental health can be taken for granted as inebriation of most kinds results in mood elevation. It is therefore a ladies drink indeed.
While being perturbed about the health of your skin, the sagging cheek muscles, a double chin or wrinkles that start showing once women are in their thirties, you must have rarely conjured the image of a vineyard to relax and repair. A vineyard can actually be your key source to youthful skin. Take a look at the following points to believe the same:
- Red wine can act as an anti-aging intervention in case of both men and women. A glass of wine every day can keep a woman's skin young and taut while two glasses of the same drink can let a man enjoy the look of a young adult.
- Free radicals are active causes of aging. Red wine is rich in antioxidants and thus can do away with such radicals. Many use grapes and grape juice for a glowing skin. Grape juice is way less effective as compared to wine as the latter contains the seed and skin of the fruit during fermentation. The fruit as a whole has polyphenols such as resveratrol that can successfully counter free radicals.
- If you are a health freak and insist on going by a Mediterranean diet, wine is part of your regular diet. You will experience the benefits in a few weeks' time.
- When consumed in a measured and controlled manner, red wine can reduce the chance of contracting breast cancer. Wine sharpens your mind while you age; your cognitive faculties therefore do not rust.
- Red wine can make your skin glow from within, unlike any other wine, as white wines have only a little amount of antioxidants.
- Your skin feels young and rejuvenated on drinking red wine as the drink aids arterial functions of the body. Thus proper blood circulation is ensured.
I have black scars on my and body. Now it's around 6 years I have this marks. I used so many medicine such as doxycycline, isotretinoin etc. It becomes normal when I intake this medicines. When I stop this it appears back. I have even tried Ayurveda and homeopath but nothing helps me. Doctor is there any solution for my condition.
What cream can cure cracks in foot? And now it is the starting stage. She wants to get soft feet .what treatment or cream she can use?
Having a cosmetic surgery is quite a big deal. It is an expensive surgery, which causes alteration of your body features. Although cosmetic surgeries are usually effective and provide satisfactory results, you should keep several things in mind before a cosmetic surgery. You should know all important facts about cosmetic surgeries, their procedure and results before undertaking one.
Here are the things you should consider and keep in mind:
- Cosmetic surgeries are permanent: You would like the idea of perfecting several features of your body using a cosmetic surgery. However, you must keep in mind that such a surgery is permanent and your features would be altered forever. You should not undergo a cosmetic surgery half-heartedly and must think over and over before finalizing.
- You should know why you are having a surgery: You need to have proper reasons why you want to undergo a cosmetic surgery. You should consider the exact reason why you feel that a cosmetic surgery is required. There are several physical and emotional changes which occur after a surgery and you should be prepared for the same.
- You should know the results you want: Before having a cosmetic surgery, you should know exactly how the results would appear. Having a rough idea will not do and you should know beforehand how you are going to look post-surgery. You must make the doctor understand your requirements and desired results perfectly so that he or she can give the best results. You may use pictures and illustrations to explain your objectives to the surgeon.
- You should know about the outcomes: Knowing about all the possible outcomes of the cosmetic surgery, which you have opted for is very important. For this, you need to surf the internet and do some research. Read from trustworthy medical care websites and also consult people who have had a cosmetic surgery before. You should also keep in mind the consequences which may arise if you do not like the results of a cosmetic surgery and be prepared mentally, in case some complications occur.
- You should choose the best surgeon: Choosing a capable and efficient surgeon is an important thing to do, before thinking of having a cosmetic surgery. You should consider the location, experience and approach, while choosing the right surgeon. You should also make sure that the surgeon is qualified and registered to practice.
A cosmetic surgery is a serious surgery, which will change the way you look in certain ways, depending upon the type of cosmetic surgery you have chosen. Before deciding on having a cosmetic surgery, you should consider the above-mentioned factors and then only go for it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic plastic surgeon.
Hi I am priya. 23 years old. I am having scars ,pores in my face for past 4 years. Skin is very sensitive. Pigmentation also. What is the best soap for my skin & natural remedy. Please suggest. Day by day my skin colour also changed to black.
Benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH is a condition where the prostate gland gets enlarged. This is mostly common in men who are ageing. When the prostate gland gets enlarged, the flow of urine through the urethra gets blocked, and hence, several problems related to urination may occur. BPH occurs as a result of hormonal imbalance. If untreated, BPH can lead to severe bladder and urinary health conditions.
There are several symptoms and signs of benign prostatic hyperplasia. Here are 7 common symptoms:
- A frequent need for urination: Men affected by BPH feel an increased need to urinate frequently. This gets enhanced during the night and is called nocturia. The patient may even need to urinate more than eight times a day. Due to the enlarged prostate gland, more pressure is put on the urethra, which leads to uncontrollable urination.
- Urinating difficulties: The act of urination becomes difficult. Because of enhanced pressure on the urethra, the flow of urine to the penis from the bladder gets blocked. This makes a urine stream hard to start. The urine stream gets weak and interrupted, and more difficulty may be experienced during the end of urination.
- Pain during urination and ejaculation: Due to pressure on the urinary tract and reproductive system, pain can accompany urination and ejaculation. Some patients tend to push urine out, which results in pain. The pain may also occur because of infection during BPH.
- Blood in urine and an unusual color/smell: Urine may take a dark color and have an unusual smell due to urinary retention. Unpleasant urine smell signifies urinary tract infections. Blood in the urine may also result because of dilated veins present on the surface of the enlarged prostate.
- Urinary retention: When a patient is unable to pass any urine, it is called urinary retention. Such a condition requires immediate treatment, and you need to consult a doctor immediately.
- Urinary tract infections: Bacteria may start growing in the bladder when the bladder is not fully emptied of urine. This bacterial infection causes darkening of the urine, and emission of a foul odor.
- Bladder stones: Bladder stones may develop because of the inability of the bladder to empty itself completely. This is a major symptom of BPH. Hard lumps of minerals or bladder stones are formed when the urine present in the bladder gets highly concentrated, which causes the crystallization of minerals. Bladder stones may cause infections, result in blood in urine, cause bladder irritation and may also block urine flow.
So you see that benign prostatic hyperplasia involves the enlargement of the prostate gland, and results in several problems related to urination and different symptoms. Hence, immediate treatment is advisable.
Dr. mam/ sir, I am asking about a problem of my face that pls guide me a cream or medicine that can hlp me to get farer skin as my skin colour is getting dull but I haven't got any solutions till now. So pls help me.
Melanoma, also referred to as malignant melanoma, is a type of cancer. It evolves from the color or pigment containing cells known as melanocytes. Melanomas normally happen in the skin, yet may once in a while it may happen in the mouth, guts, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back. Sometime a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability. This may also prompt breakdown of the skin.
Some general facts on melanoma are mentioned below:
1. More than one million new instances of skin cancer or melanoma are analyzed every year.
2. There has been a 2000% increase in rate of melanoma since the year 1930. One out of fifty get affected by this cancer.
3. This is common in young women and causes many deaths.
4. Women below the age of forty are at more risk of getting melanoma than any other kind of cancer such as breast cancer.
5. There has been a high rise in the rate of melanoma from 1970 to 2008. There has been an 800% increase in young women and 400% increase in case of similar aged men.
6. Early recognition makes melanoma treatable. It is screened for growth very minimally.
Melanomia may be caused primarily due to these causes:
- The most primary cause of melanoma is ultraviolet light (UV) in people with a low level of skin pigment. The UV light might be from either the sun or from different sources, for example, tanning devices. Around 25% of cases occur from or in the form of moles.
- Those with numerous moles, presence of the disease in family members and who have poor immunity are at more noteworthy risk to get melanoma. Various uncommon hereditary defects, such as xeroderma pigmentosum increase the risk of melanoma.
- The individuals who work on airplanes seem to have an expanded danger, due to more contact with UV rays.
- Ultraviolet UVB light of wavelengths between 315 - 280 nm from the sun react with the skin cell DNA and result in a kind of direct DNA harm called cyclobutane pyrimidine dimers (CPDs).
In order to stay away or avoid melanoma, you should:
- Spend less time in direct sunlight and should seek shade.
- Avoid the sun at peak hours.
- Examine your skin at times for some kind of change.
- Keep away from tanning salons.
Melanoma is a dangerous form of cancer and causes a lot of deaths. You should stay away from anything that causes melanoma.
When the natural moisture content of your skin begins to dry up, you experience dry skin. Although it is a temporary skin condition which occurs mainly during the winter or in a generally dry climate, for some people, it could be a problem for a lifetime.
Naturally dry skin tendencies v/s drying of other skin types
Naturally, the water content of a healthy skin is around 10 to 20 percent. This natural moisture level can dwindle due to many factors and the skin may show signs of drying. Thus you may end up getting dry, flaky, itchy and lifeless skin. People with naturally dry skin experience 75 percent more water loss than normal skin. Since the skin loses water and sebum (the oil secretion from the sebaceous glands within the skin), the topmost layer of the skin begins to dry. As a result, the top layer starts peeling away. These skin peels are called flakes.
- You can experience dry skin due to excessively cold weather, which in most cases is accompanied by a lack of humidity.
- Again, if your skin is exposed to too much heat or skin drying conditions like sauna baths or prolonged hot showers, you experience dry skin.
- Applying skin cleansing materials or chemicals can also make the skin dry.
- Some internal disorders like illness or infection can make your skin dry.
When you have a perennially dry skin, you should moisturize it daily to keep it hydrated. You should consult a dermatologist for picking out the right skin cream for your skin. The appropriate moisturizer, if you have very dry skin should be oil or petroleum based. When you purchase the prescribed moisturizer or lotion, make sure you buy something which contains vitamin E, Shea Butter and Avocado Oil. Since these moisturizing agents aren’t water based , they can lock in the skin moisturizer effectively.
Advantages of moisturising regularly
- Dry skin is prone to wrinkle formation – When you moisturize daily, the collagen levels of your skin are restored, which can then effectively fight wrinkling and aging of your skin.
- Prevents flakiness – Since the upper layer of your skin starts peeling off, your skin may appear dull, lifeless and flaky. The condition worsens when there is a cold weather outside. Moisturizing your skin daily will make your skin get a natural glow and stop flaking form occurring in the first place.
- Reduces itchiness: Moreover, daily moisturizing will make your skin less itchy.
- Moisturising reduces the negative effects of makeup: Not moisturizing dry skin will make it look less hydrated. Applying makeup on your dry skin directly is the worst thing you can do. This may spoil your makeup and make it look creasy and broken. Thus, you should keep your skin hydrated by applying moisturiser regularly.
Who wouldn't want a seamless, spot free skin without having to undergo the trouble of enduring the endless assails by ointments, creams, oils and what not. Rashes, burns, abscesses, injuries, wounds, keloids and other skin traumas make the skin unsightly and rather troublesome. While skin eruptions like acnes and pimples are related to the hormonal balances in the body and the blood circulation, there are other skin blotches, which are caused due to external factors. For the formers, blood purifying medicines or palliative creams often abate the same significantly.
However, for the latter group of scars, specific treatments need to be meted out. A large variety of treatments are available for this purpose, however it is wise to first infer the nature and the source of the scar before adopting a given curative method. One practice that one needs to be mindful of is that the scars must be allowed to heal before being treated with any remedial procedures. While a large number of products and medical procedures are available for minimizing the scars, one needs to be discrete while choosing a particular product. Some of the common tactics of reducing or removing scars have been enlisted below:
- Silicone based ointments: Silicone is laden with skin healing properties and is extremely effective as an antioxidant. Thus silicone based ointments, gels or serums can prove advantageous for mitigating scars. One must use it for a prolonged period of time while at the same time taking adequate care to protect the scar from sunrays using SPF based sunscreen.
- Laser treatments: On certain occasions, one may need more than gels or creams to cure the scars. In that regard, there are a large array of surgical procedures available for grappling with specific types of skin ailments. These are most effective on indented scars. Dermal fillers, fraxels and fat grafting are skin treatment methodologies which can effectively remove scars and rejuvenate the skin.
- Letting the wounds breathe: Since a lot of wounds have an occlusive texture, piling them up with creams, oils and capsules often block the wounds and deter their healing process. Therefore, it helps to use a gentle cleanser to clean the affected area and letting air to circulate freely.