Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Painful Teething
Treatment of Stained Teeth
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Toothache
Treatment of Cavities
Root Canal Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Bleeding Gums
Submit a review for PM HospitalYour feedback matters!
My left lower gum is swelled and its teeth is severely decayed. When I visited a dentist, before me a patient was screaming inside the room when Dr. was treating him, it scared the shit of me almost ,i just left the clinic asap and just avoided visiting clinic because of fear and also by the financial crisis I am going through, I need a solution regarding fear and cost worry of an dental implant.
I noticed a pin drop of blood in my stool today. I was constipated. This happened to me a month back and it cleared itself after 2 - 3 days. I had my blood work done and all my values were normal. Should I consult a gastro or is it just a fissure?
What foods can be given to child who is 5 years and 11 years old to increase the hemoglobin level and increase in calcium.
My teeth got a yellow colour. Daily I am brush my teeth but that yellow colour not go. What I will for my teeth.
Lifestyle Diseases have been on the rise and to manage these conditions, a combination of medications and therapies become essential.
Occupational Therapy focuses on the way of living rather on medicines to enable the people to lead a life they want to. It is more of a rehabilitation program or therapy to make the patients of rheumatoid arthritis more adaptable to the life changes and to perform their activities on their own.
What is included in occupational therapy?
Occupational therapy involves self-care procedures in which the patient is treated and trained to learn to do things by themselves like using the washroom, eating, and dressing up, etc. People with rheumatoid arthritis tend to lose balance and have less control over their movements and OT helps in rebuilding that strength required for performing the daily activities.
It also involves leisure time for the patients, and it allows them to choose how they want to spend their free time. An occupational therapist helps them understand their interests and to grow that interest as well.
In rheumatoid arthritis, doing some work is necessary to keep your bones and the joints active so that they don’t swell up or get inflamed which is common with this disease. Moreover, OT involves both physical and mental work to keep you active throughout the day.
Besides helping the patient to achieve physical stability, OT helps them to gain mental strength as well. There are sessions which assist them to determine their life goals and things they want to do in their life. Life's hard with rheumatoid arthritis, but with proper occupational therapy and Physical therapy combined, it can become much easier.
OT also involves different changes or interventions to perform and achieve the life goals of the person.
The Essential Role of an Occupational Therapist
The role of an occupational therapist is vital for the patient who has rheumatoid arthritis. As mentioned above that OT involves nothing but doing all the daily life activities which a person is afraid to do because of the joint and bone disorder in rheumatoid arthritis, the occupational therapist help them perform this action more scientifically. They can examine the household of the patient and make necessary changes like replacing small door knobs/handles/levers with the larger ones, small switches with the bigger ones. They can also rearrange the kitchen items to make it easier for the patients to use them and also suggesting the patients to use comfortable chairs or bedding to reduce pain and other symptoms.
The therapist keeps an eye on every change or improvement of the patient and makes necessary adjustments and intervention in the activities to achieve the life goal as soon as possible.
Occupational therapy is highly based on evidence from the past, and it is deeply rooted to the basics of scientific management of rheumatoid arthritis. A time-tested and approved therapy, Occupational therapy makes the life of an RA patient less-painful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
I am having anterior tilt issue. In my lower back. Having difficulty in standing after sitting and difficulty while walking.
Sir namaste, sir I have back pain last 4 years my duty nature was sitting 12 hrs some time good seat will come some times uncomfort seat will come that is why I suffered back pain give me suggestions my age is 33 and my weight 105.
Hello Good morning Doctor. My father is 60 years old he has pain in his shoulder blade since 1 year. His right hand third finger was injured in machine and little cut from finger end part he did not care but now finger is recovered and he says he feels pain in right shoulder after the injury of his finger while cutting grass in machine and his finger injured under the belly of machine .when he takes tablet pain killer he feels better when he stop tablet and do work he feels shoulder blade pain, he is a farmer since last 1 year he feels pain internal side of he shoulder what should he do?
With age, most bones of the body undergo degenerative changes leading to reduced movement. The cartilage that is present in the joints allowing free movement is gradually lost due to wear and tear. This loss of cartilage makes the movement painful. This can also be caused by obesity and trauma, but age is the most common cause. The reduced movement leads to weight gain, which further aggravates the osteoarthritis.
Hips are one of the most commonly affected areas of osteoarthritis. Especially with overweight people, hips are quite often affected. In most people, early diagnosis can help in arresting progress and even reverse changes. This will help avoid chronic use of pain medications and major surgical treatments for managing the osteoarthritis.
Some of the most effective ways of managing osteoarthritis include the following:
- Weight loss: Reducing weight is one the most important cornerstones of managing osteoarthritis. People who reduce weight will see a drastic improvement in their symptoms.
- Pain medications: Pain is one of the main reasons that people seek medical help and that is when the diagnosis is made. Therefore, for immediate relief, pain control is essential. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are often used to control pain. In parallel, other measures for long-term control of osteoarthritis should be undertaken.
- Cold therapy: Using cold packs in the area of pain can provide great relief from pain attacks.
- Electrotherapy: Use of mild amounts of electricity can stimulate the nerve endings, reduce pain, and help in pain control.
- Dry Needling: Dry needling is an effective and efficient technique for the treatment of arthritis pain. Dry needling or intramuscular stimulation (IMS) is extremely effective for relaxing overactive muscles, which contain trigger points. In simple terms, the treatment involves needling of a muscle's trigger points without injecting any substance.
- Soft tissue massage: The soft tissues around the affected hip joint are regularly massaged, augmented by the use of a topical agent, which can help relieve the pain. The circulation is also improved, which can help in long-term symptom management including improved immune functions.
- Regular exercise: A well-planned routine exercise regimen will help control pain, improve movement, reduce fatigue, improve endurance, and improve the overall quality of life. All affected tissues should be covered in the exercise bones, muscles and cartilage.
Using a combination of these techniques, the physiotherapy will aim to achieve the following.
- Pain relief and protection: The first thing to manage is the pain, which brings the patient to the doctor. Once that is controlled, then long-term management needs to be planned.
- Restoring hip movement and strength: Once the pain settles down, then the muscle strength, tension, endurance, and range of motion need to be worked upon. This restoration will be done in phases, and with each phase, greater range of motion will be achieved with lesser discomfort to the patient.
Physiotherapy uses various techniques to minimise symptoms and in some people, even complete reversal of changes is possible.
Ever wondered why you needed to share your family’s health history at a doctor’s clinic? Specific questions regarding health issues of your immediate family or close blood relatives give your doctor an insight into various health risks you might have now or in future. Those are medical conditions inherited by parents or grandparents through genes. Genes are passed from parents to children in DNA of eggs or sperms. Even a single mutation (fault) in gene can influence body systems and may lead to disorders. If any of the parents have a faulty gene, there are 50:50 chances of the child inheriting it.
Hereditary heart diseases are also a result of mutation in one or more genes and tend to run in families. Genes control almost all aspects of cardiovascular system including strengthening blood vessels, pumping capacity or communication of cells in the heart. A single genetic variation is enough to alter cardiovascular processes increasing the risk of developing a heart disease, attack or a stroke. Some of the most common hereditary cardiac disorders include; Arrhythmias, congenital heart diseases and cardiomyopathy. A family history of heart attack or stroke is also an established high-risk factor for the family members. High blood cholesterol, medically known as familial hypercholesterolemia also tends to run in families.
Unfortunately, many of these conditions cannot be prevented since they are acquired through genes. But there are many ways in which these could be managed before they become complicated or fatal.
Let’s look at some ways by which we can deal with hereditary heart diseases and increase a patient’s chances of survival:
Early Diagnosis And Treatment: When one person in the family is diagnosed with a heart disease, it is strongly advisable for other family members to go in for screening. An early diagnosis can help in better treatment and management of the disease and impacts positively on patients’ life. Medical screening of siblings is highly recommended in case a person suffers a sudden cardiac death especially at a young age.
Watch out for these symptoms at a young age: Abnormal heart rhythm, asthma that does not get better with inhaler, seizures that do not improve with medication, extreme fatigue or shortness of breath are warning signals and need immediate medical attention.
Genetic Testing: Family members may opt for genetic testing to check if they carried genes of an inherited disorder.
Genetic Counselling: Genetic counselling deals with problems like anxieties and fear of attacks, confusion over disease and emotional difficulties in accepting the situation.
We may not be able to change the family history but we can surely change our environment, lifestyle and habits. Eating healthy and following an active lifestyle does help in prevention and management of such diseases.
Dandruff or seborrhea refers to the flaky condition of your skin or scalp caused primarily due to fungus. It is a very common problem for young adults and middle aged people but can happen to any person regardless of age. Dandruff itself being an embarrassing problem, can also sometimes lead to other skin problems.
The following are a few skin problems that can crop up due to dandruff-
- Can cause pimples: If dandruff or the white flakes fall on your T-zone region very often, then it may lead to the break out of pimples on your skin.
- May result in pigmentation: The pimples which can happen due to dandruff can further lead to the problem of pigmentation. This condition leads to the appearance of unwanted black spots all over your face.
- Trigger eczema: Dandruff makes skin problems like eczema and psoriasis even worse. Eczema and psoriasis which causes itching of the skin can get severe due to dandruff.
- Rashes are also a possibility: Facial rashes can also develop due to dandruff. Often areas around the eyebrows, nose and ears get affected. Sometimes, in case of men, beard rashes also pop up.
- Chest rashes: Dandruff often falls all over your body.This can lead to the problem of chest rashes. This condition results in the appearance of red spots all around your chest region.
Dandruff can be a very distressing problem. If your skin type is oily, dandruff can make conditions far worse. Dandruff is such a problem that cannot be completely cured but can only be controlled. So, it is highly advisable to take preventive measures as soon as it is detected to avoid further problems.