Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Parenting Issues & Doubts
Behaviour & Thought Problems
Abnormal Behavior Treatment
Counselling and Stress Management
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Drug Abuse and Addiction
Finding a Health Buddy: Look closely in your circle of friends, or even at your acquaintances who live nearby or in the same locality or building as yours. Do you see anyone who is motivated when it comes to healthcare and fitness? Do you see anyone who watches what he or she eats and who also regularly likes to suggest outdoor pursuits when the group has to get together? This friend may be the one who will become the perfect health buddy. Also, if you find someone who is in the same boat as you, but aware of the issues, you can suggest becoming a health buddy because you can both motivate each other.
Routine: Make a routine with your new health buddy and start meeting each other at regular timings and for a good amount of time. Seek each other out at parties and stay with each other to help avoid eating what you are not supposed to. Message each other your progress every day and report what you eat when you go out without this buddy.
Avoiding and Dismissing: When someone is knocking at your door at five in the morning, it is usually difficult to avoid or dismiss the impending action due to social and emotional reasons. So, when your gym buddy arrives to pick you up, or when you know you have to meet this person at a certain time, you would not want to keep this friend waiting or dismiss the thought of going to the gym with a press of the snooze button.
Distractions: Your health buddy with give you positive distractions by way of conversations and other such things so that you do not realise how quickly the gym session or walking time has passed by. Also, with the help of this person, you will probably not get bored which tends to make us eat junk.
So get yourself a healthy buddy this Friendship Day and make a commitment towards health and fitness!
Mentioned below are 5 signs to figure out if you are addicted to sugar:
1. Despite being full or not hungry, you consume certain foods due to cravings
2. You worry about consuming certain foods and cutting down on them
3. You overeat and then feel fatigued or sluggish
4. Despite negative consequences that affect your health and cause social problems, you continue eating or overeating certain foods
5. You try to eliminate any negative emotion by consuming the foods you crave and experience pleasure.
If you suffer from the aforementioned problems, you should seriously consider sugar detox or food rehab. Sugar and foods containing high levels of sugar causes behavioral changes, nutrient deficiency or imbalance, impairs your body and immunity system leading to an increased risk of illnesses and diseases. Sugar is also known to feed cancer cells and obesity. Fungi, which are living organisms, thrive on sugar and feed on it to reproduce and function properly leading to most infections. However, it is never too late to break your sugar habit.
Mentioned below are 5 ways to fight your sugar addiction:
1. Substitute sweets with whole foods
2. Ditch artificial sweeteners
3. Clean your house
4. Create a backup plan
5. Manage your magnesium levels
Although, sugar withdrawal symptoms vary from individual to individual, they usually last for about 3 to 4 weeks. Withdrawing from sugar can be extremely difficult and causes the following symptoms in you, which will sorely tempt you into giving in to your cravings:
1. Feeling lightheaded
2. Craving for sugar
3. Binge eating
7. Irritability and moodiness
8. Fatigue and tiredness
9. Muscular aches
10. Flu symptoms
My bf is a marijuana addict from past 3 years. M with him since last 2 years n I was unaware of the fact that he was an addict. I feel cheated now I did all possible ways to let him leave this habit. But no matter what he's ready to leave me for that time but not marijuana he promises leave for a day or two. But still continues. Last time he left was the longest period for 2 months then he has again started. Pls help me suggest some quick medicines to stop the addiction.
Anxiety is something you face a lot due to different reasons. It also leads to mutiple problems, including low confidence, giving you an uneasy or uneasy feeling and more importantly affects your general well being and ability to work. If you feel you suffer from anxiety, here are some ways to reduce it.
- Accept the anxiety: Anxiety is only a temporary phase which everyone faces. If you keep worrying and try to fight it, you will become even more anxious and your health will become even worse. The only way to deal with the anxiety mentally is to accept that this is a temporary phase and that it will pass away soon.
- Self-soothing techniques: There are many physiological things for you to do as well which will allow you to relieve anxiety. Diaphragmatic breathing is a very good way to achieve this. Sometimes reassuring yourself is more valuable than you think. Practice saying comforting things to yourself and the stress and anxiety will automatically reduce. Muscle relaxation is yet another method which will allow you to decrease your anxiety.
- Monitor your diet: Your diet is crucial in reducing your anxiety as caffeine and alcohol are two of the leading causes of anxiety in your body. However, abruptly stopping your intake of caffeine and alcohol also leads to withdrawal symptoms. Therefore balancing out intake of alcohol and caffeine is crucial.
- Exercise regularly: You probably know that exercise is very important for maintaining good health. However, what you probably do not know is that exercise is perhaps more effective than even medication in relieving your anxiety. Therefore, it is imperative for you to get moving.
- Get adequate sleep: Everyone feels bad when they do not sleep enough. However, did you know that lack of sleep is a major cause of anxiety. The more you sleep, the less anxious you will feel.