Treatment of Mellitus
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Egg Donation Procedure
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Submit a review for M.V. Centre for DiabetesYour feedback matters!
Diabetes is an abnormal condition where the sugar-levels in humans are higher than usual. Ayurveda can be used efficiently in treating this condition. In Ayurvedic terms, Madhumeha is the allopathic treatment of diabetes. In Indian terms, diabetes is known to the common man as Prameha, which is said to be divided into 3 major types – Kapha, Pitta and Vata. Lack of exercise and intake of food having excess of snigdha, ushna and guru types are said to be the chief cause of prameha.
Along with drugs and medications, Ayurveda stresses on the importance of a balanced diet and exercise. The management modules that can be categorized are:
- Vyaayam (Exercise)
- Panchakarma (Procedures for Bio-purification)
- Pathya (Regulation in diet)
- The use of therapy (Medications)
The individual’s constitution highly affects the ayurvedic treatment of prameha. Some of them are:
- Obstruction in srothus
- Ahara and Vihara
- Dosha predominance of disease
- Hereditary factors
- The prakrithi of the patient
- Manasika Prakrithi
- Dooshya vitiation
Management of diabetes can be done using a variety of herbs. Some of them are:
- Eugenia jambolana (Jamun beej churna)
- Pterocarpus marsupium (Vijaysar churna)
- Ficus bengalensis (Nyagrodha twaka churna - banyan tree bark)
- Momordica chirantia Karvellaka (Karella – Bitter Gourd)
- Kirat tikata (Chirayata)
- Embelica officinalis (Amla)
It is possible that certain patients are unable to respond to insulin or hypoglemic medicines. In this case, an ayurvedic physician may prescribe some ayurvedic drugs such as:
- Dhatri Nisha
- Chandraprabha vati
- Vasant kusumakar rasa
Diabetes is not just a lack of insulin. It is most probable cause is plain poor maintenance of your body. It 's cure will need to include all of these things discussed. By doing all, diet, herbs, exercise and stress management, you can certainly take care of your Diabetes.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans.
I am suffering with diabetes type 2 since 12 years inspite of medication my fasting and pp hover around 200 & 235. I'm using Glycomet gp2 500 mg, morning and evening, and in afternoon I am using Istamet 500 mg. Request alternative medicine to control the same.
My father is 53 yrs. He has a diabetic cum heart patient since 2013. He eat medicine daily ,yet his fasting sugar level is increase a little bit and now its affect to kidney .He use insulin also. What is the proper food for him? Is there any restriction of fruit and vegetables?
My sugar level in fasting is 146 mg/dl. I am worried about yesterday consumed the whole packet of biscuits. And one time eaten rice n potato. Whether it will increase my sugar level. Please guide accordingly.
Hi my thyroid level is 4.57 as doctor's are suggesting to take thyroid tablet of 15 mcg daily for 1 month since im trying for pregnancy thyroid level shut be below 3point. My doubt is after stopping the tablet there's any chance of my thyroid level goes high again.
Diabetes is a chronic condition where glucose level of your body rises too high. There are two types of diabetes type 1 and type 2. In case of type 1 diabetes, the body fails to produce insulin and people suffering from this condition have to depend on insulin injections for the rest of their life. In case of type 2 diabetes the body produces less amount of insulin which is not enough for the proper functioning of the body. This type of diabetes can be kept under control by following a healthy diet and practicing exercise regularly.
Why diabetic wounds can cause severe problems?
Diabetes can cause a number of complications that makes it harder for certain wounds to heal. These include:
- Nerve damage: Until a cut or blister worsens and becomes inflamed, in case of neuropathy, you will not experience the pain. Diabetics often suffer from neuropathy, making it difficult for wounds to heal.
- Weak immune system: A minor wound may even get severe and become infected if your immune system fails to exercise its natural defenses.
- Narrow arteries: Blocked arteries may cause severe wounds which becomes difficult to heal. Clogged arteries make it difficult for the blood to flow to the affected area which slows the process of wound healing.
Treating a diabetic wound
You can follow the methods mentioned below to avoid getting infected:
- Taking care of the wound immediately. If the wound is not cleaned and taken care of, letting bacteria to build up, it can lead to infection.
- Avoid using soaps and hydrogen peroxide to irritate the injury. Use antibiotic lotions to prevent infection and use a sterile bandage to keep the affected area covered.
- Consult your doctor before any minor problems turn to larger ones
- Since the bottom of the foot is a common place for developing blisters and calluses in case of diabetic people, try to keep pressure off the wound as it slowly heals If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
Emotional Health, Counselling and Fertility Treatment
Few couples are prepared for the diagnosis of infertility, and for most, this will be one of the greatest challenges they face together. Fertility treatment can affect a couples work, family, relationship, social life and self-esteem.
Although everyone is different, there are some common questions that come up for many couples. Have you wondered about any of the following:
- How to deal with your friends who are getting pregnant and having babies?
- Who to tell and what to tell?
- How to fend off unwanted questions and/or comments?
- How to relieve tension?
- How to keep your relationship strong?
- How to deal with the workplace and frequent absences?
- How to find strength and strategies to keep going cycle after cycle?
It is strongly recommended that anyone undergoing fertility treatment attend at least one counselling session at the start of treatment. At our Centre, you have the opportunity to use a complimentary counselling session once during every stimulated cycle. You will find out more about the emotional processes involved in fertility treatment, realistic expectations of outcomes, both physical and emotional, and how to prepare for and manage the rollercoaster of emotions.
It is very common to fear that getting counselling means that there is something wrong with you or that it confirms a weakness and inability to handle treatment. But this is not the real scenario infertility helps you manage emotions, cope better with day to day stresses, whether these are related to treatment or not, and ultimately prevent long-term problems, such as depression or anxiety.
Overall, our goal is to help you gain a greater sense of control and reclaim life amidst treatment. It is therefore our role as Counsellors to help you identify which strategies would suit you the best. We become support person, educator, counsellor, therapist, mediator, and life coach.
Are you aware that shaking hands can be an early sign of thyroid disease?
Yes, that's right! Even in patients who have a low thyroid function, shaking of hands can appear when the dose of thyroxine becomes too high - and it can be a reliable indicator to titrate the dose (which means, if an increase in dose of thyroxine makes the hands start shaking, then the dose should be reduced). In hyperthyroidism (or excessive thryoxine hormone synthesis states in the body), one of the cardinal symptoms is shaking of the hands.
So how do you know for sure it is due to thyroid hormone excess? And how do you differentiate this from other kinds of tremor?
Sir Im diabetic can I eat fig fruit, milk, almonds, im alone in my house so I cannot prepare diabetic food (ex-roti, etc) how can I control please help me.
High protein diet causes some side effects like gout. That means problem in uric acid metabolism. Is there any relationship in between sexual intercourse and uric acid metabolism? Can sexual intercourse cause problem to the metabolism of uric acid? Can excessive uric acid and salt in blood cause blood clot or hinder blood circulation?
My father is diabetic since last 30 years & high blood pressure issue since last 20 years. Now from last 3-4 months he is suffering from kidney infection s.creatinine not going below 2.60. Please advise what kind of treatment we should follow to control s.creatinine.
I am hypothyroid since before pregnancy. Right now I am 19 weeks pregnant. At 7 week pregnancy checked my thyroid and it came 7.7 so my endocrinologist prescribed mon to fri 100 and sat sun 200 mcg od thyronorm after taking this dose my tsh was 0.4 which was good so Dr. Asked me to continue same and after one month my tsh came low o.1 so Dr. Decreased dose n made it mon to sat 100 and only on sunday 200. After taking this dose last week my tsh came high 6.63 so he agn started same dose mon to fri 100 and sat sun 200. Now my gynaec say to take 125 mcg daily and endocrinologist says to take mon to fri 100 and sat sun 200. Whom shud I follow? I am worried that wudnt be 125 mcg daily low as thyronorm needed more as pregnancy progresses? I just want my baby to be healthy so v.tense and concerned.
I am type 2 diabetic and taking oral hypoglycemic drugs since 9months my weight reduced from 75 kgs to 69 kgs. Is this is effect of drugs.
I am 40 years old suffering from hypo thyroid since last 20 years and taking eltroxin 50. How long I have to take the medicine?
Hi. I am 42 year old man suffering from diabetes from 6 month now my blood sugar is around 120-130 .But still I can't stop myself from eating sweet things. Can I get my old days back .I am using diet sugar of "natural" brand for my daily needs of sugar. My hunger of sweet things is not controlling. Can I use this diet sugar as much as I want? And if not is there any thing that can help me? Please!
Hi, I am a diabetic n under insulin control. I already take too much control on my diet need to dat wat sud I eat to make my semen thicker as presently I think it is watery type n creates problem in erection.
An easy to make recipe which taken regularly helps manage blood sugar levels. The antioxidant property of amla helps boost immunity and metabolism.