Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Kavithalayaa Counselling CentreYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. The lab in the Kavithalayaa Counselling Centre was very clean and well managed. I am so much benefitted with hertreatment, that i am perfectly fine now. It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my difficulty sleeping. I searched therB. Elayaraja Raja online and saw herreviews. My case was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely. Everything was just spick and span in the Kavithalayaa Counselling Centre.
I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to my B. Elayaraja Raja perfect advice. I had lost hope, but the depression treatment given by B. Elayaraja Raja has helped me regain my confidence. One of my neighbour's recommended therB. Elayaraja Raja. I consulted a number of specialists but the way he treated me was the bestI was admitted to the Kavithalayaa Counselling Centre in case of emergency, but not once did any of the nurses panicked.
First of all i would like to say thanks to dr B. Elayaraja Raja the way he handles the situation and listens to the patient problems and advices. And the natural ways to come out of problems rather than being dependant on medicines. Good listener, very much humble, kind hearted, soft spoken and many more qualities he possess. I consulted him for Anxiety at Kavithalayaa Counselling Centre in Chennai.
Really worth it. Great ambience. Mr.Elayaraja works by guiding in managing problems. I ve been to other Psychotherapist but no satisfying betterment. Im so grateful to found him as fast as I could. His techniques are so unique and hes totally professional in approach. Im a doctor and the main reason for my current status are my family and Mr. Elayaraja. Thank you sir.
A couple weeks back, I had an appointment with dr B. Elayaraja Raja at Kavithalayaa Counselling Centre located in Chennai. I was suffering from PTSD after an accident. Therefore, I was having difficulty in sleeping and concentrating in day-to-day activities. His extraordinary approach to treatment is what helped me get better.
dr B. Elayaraja Raja gives Excellent service & guidance. information explained in words which I understand. Very nice person & very satisfied with service of my counselling of anger management. Visit him at his clinic Kavithalayaa Counselling Centre in Chennai.
Depression is a genuine condition that affects the brain. Anyone experiencing depression will let you know, that it is not “just in your head”. Depression is more than simply feeling down. It is a serious sickness brought about by changes in the brain’s science.
A lot of factors add to it including hereditary qualities changes in hormone levels, certain restorative conditions, stress, sorrow or troublesome life conditions. Depression can be caused by many factors. In spite of the fact that researchers think that depression is a brain issue; the verbal confrontation tells us about correct causes. Many factors may add to the problem of depression, including hereditary qualities, changes in hormone levels, certain therapeutic diseases, stress, pain, or substance abuse. Any of these factors alone or together can tell the particular changes in the brain’s science that lead to the numerous signs of depression.
Some of the treatments for depression are as follows:
- Workout: General exercise can be as important as taking medications for depression. Not just exercise helps serotonin, endorphins, and other great happiness chemicals, it triggers the development of new brain cells just like antidepressants do.
- The right kind of food: Eating right is critical for both your physical and psychological well-being. Eating little but around six meals a day can help you keep your energy up and minimise state of mood swings. While you might be attracted to sugary foods for the brisk help they give, complex starches are a better decision.
- Rest: Rest strongly affects the state of mind. When you do not get enough rest, your depressive side effects will be more terrible. Lack of sleep leads to irritation, gloom, pity, and tiredness. Make sure that you are getting enough rest every night. Not many individuals do well if they sleep for less than seven hours a night.
- Social support: Solid informal organisations decrease detachment, which is a key hazard figure for depression. Stay in touch with loved ones, or think about joining a class or a group therapy. Volunteering is a magnificent approach to get social support and help other people while additionally helping yourself.
- Stress decrease: Roll out improvements throughout your life to overcome and diminish stress. An excessive amount of stress leads to depression and puts you at risk for future breakdowns.
- Relaxing techniques: Relaxing systems may decrease stress and support sentiments of satisfaction and prosperity. Attempt yoga, deep breathing, dynamic muscle relaxation and meditation.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture, the method of using fine needles on particular points on the body for remedial reasons, is progressively being explored as a treatment for depression, with some examinations demonstrating promising outcomes. In case that you choose to attempt acupuncture, ensure that you locate an authorised specialist.
What can I do which make me okay happy etc? Now days my life is going on very bad moments I am suffering with lots of stress and tension? ?what?
Honestly. Myself nd my husband went to hospital yesterday for hospital for me Bcoz I am depressed. They injected me an injection suddenly. I am feeling really feared that it's wrong injection or injection filled with air. He don't likes me. It's small clinic. Shall have any chance to live a life.
Hello doctor, I am 21 years male. I feel very depressed on every morning only. Becoz of constipation only since 2 yrs. I have done so many things. Like taking warm water 8-10 glass daily and in morning also, chewing food more and more, also done exercises. I mainly use lactitol monohydrate and ishabghula husk granules at night. But I want to get rid of constipation without any powder or medicines. Pls help.
Anger and temperamental issues are a very common part of a person’s identity. It is there from birth and is thought to mirror the hereditary qualities. It can be permanently present or could be triggered in certain situations. Some people have a hot temperament than others. However, there are a few ways with which temperamental issues can be dealt with effectively. These are as follows:
- Individual or group therapy sessions can be useful. A commonly utilised sort of treatment, psychological behavioural treatment treats people or groups with discontinuous unstable issues.
- Distinguish which circumstances or practices may trigger a forceful reaction
- Figure out how to overcome anger and control wrong reactions utilising procedures, for example, relaxing preparing, re-thinking circumstances (psychological rebuilding) and learning adapting attitudes.
Distinctive types of medications may help in the treatment of temperamentally unstable issues. These medicines may incorporate certain antidepressants (particularly specific serotonin reuptake inhibitors or SSRIs), anticonvulsant mind-set stabilisers or different medications if necessary.
Controlling your outrage
Some portion of your treatment may include:
- Unlearning issue conduct.
- Adapting admirably to anger.
- Rehearsing the systems you learn in treatment to help you perceive what triggers your fits and outrage and how to react in ways that work for you rather than against you.
- Building up an arrangement. Work with your specialist to build up an arrangement of activity for when you feel yourself getting irate. For instance, in case that you think you may lose control; try to expel yourself from that circumstance. Go for a walk or call a trusted friend to attempt to quiet down.
- Dodging liquor and other substance use. These substances can build forcefulness and the danger of harmful temperamental outrages.
Consider taking these actions before a crisis emerges:
- Call someone at home or someone you trust for help and guidance.
- Keep all guns away or covered up. Try not to give the abuser the key or use the gun.
- Gather a crisis pack that includes things you will require when you leave, for example, additional garments, keys, individual papers, medicines and cash. Conceal it or leave the pack with a trusted friend or neighbour. Try to go away from the situation so hat you do not do something regrettable.
- Educate a trusted neighbour or friend regarding your condition so that he or she can call for help if needed.
- Know where you will go and how you will arrive back in case that you feel angry, regardless of the possibility that it implies you need to leave during the night. You might need to work on escaping your home securely.
- Decide on a code word or visual flag that implies you require the police and tell it to your friends, family or your children. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Emotional problems make direct tasks and simple errands harder. High feeling, bubbling disappointment and hurt emotions motivate the person. Certain people become very protective. Protectiveness causes us to pry on others. Others might want to disconnect completely and resolve issues in a different manner. A great many people manage their emotional issues by opposing, quelling and overlooking them. At this point, your brain feels uneasy and you end up making rash decisions. However, there are ways to deal with emotional problems. These are as follows:
- Be aware: Try to stay active and be aware of solid feelings and sentiments. Work on improving them as they show up and quickly misidentify with them. Advise yourself that you are not your feelings and that they are only temporary.
- Use labeling: Utilize naming. Research has demonstrated that naming and surveying a feeling changes the feeling into a subject of examination and consequently diminishes its power on you. So in case you are feeling furious, essentially let yourself know that this is you being angry and you will in all probability see that the force of the inclination instantly drops.
- Get curious: Rather than opposing the emotions and sentiments, get inquisitive about them. Focus on how they affect you. Where in the body do they show? How do the diverse muscles in your body feel? How is your breath? Hold your emotions and sentiments in present mindfulness and simply let them do their thing without judging or sticking to them. Utilise the possibility of your brain as the sky and your emotions and sentiments as clouds that are passing by.
- Face-to-face interaction: Up close and personal social interaction with somebody who thinks about you is the best approach to quiet your nervous system and calm anxiety. It additionally relieves stress-busting hormones, so you will feel better regardless of the possibility that you cannot change the upsetting circumstance itself. The key is to collaborate with somebody who is a decent audience or someone you can consistently talk with face to face, or who will hear you out without a prior motivation for how you need to think or feel.
- Exercise and meditation: The brain and the body are inherently connected. When you improve your physical well-being, you will consequently encounter more prominent mental and enthusiastic betterment. Physical movement likewise discharges endorphins, intense chemicals that lift your state of mind and make you happy. Normal exercise or action can majorly affect mental and enthusiastic medical issues, mitigate stress, enhance memory, and help you to rest better.
In case that you continue facing this frequently, you will soon find that your relationship with your mind will begin to change. You will build up an intense metacognition (the capacity to face your reasoning) which helps you to handle your emotions and feelings in a great manner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I am facing a problem of finger shivering. My hands shake a lot. My fingers do shiver while holding a cup of tea or while doing some task. This problem of mine is also making me in depression. My hands shake a lot. I do smoke and I have also been taking canabbies before but have stopped them permanently. I want to know that why do my finger shiver and what is the solution for it. Pl give me a response for my this disease as earliest as possible for you. Thank you.
I want to consult a Sexologist. I can't do, I have tried several times but I loose my stamina too much early & sometimes it's going down when I just started. Please help me, I am not married right now but I want to live a happy family life & my bachelor's life. Please help me, please.
My daughter is 19 years old. She is having treatment for psychosis. Is their any natural remedy for it?
Really confused about my unwanted thoughts versus academics. Could you provide a psychologist's contact number to get an advice.
I am suffering from body pain & frequent fevers from The last 5- months, from the time I had shifted from my home town . For Neet 2017 preparation. L think due to it I am going in depression bez I can't concentrate on my studies. I have consulted to doctors in Kota, n had homeopathy medicine too but no long time result is seen. My blood test for malaria, typhoid,CBC count has shown normal result and urine test to has shown normal in result, please help me.
I am 24 years female. Suffering from anxiety problems. I have these weird feeling of heartbeat and pumping sounds coming from head whenever I lay down. I have been prescribed to have zaptra and nuhenz once daily. Is it good to have these medications in this age. Can it lead to any complications if yes, then how many days should I limit these medications to avoid any complications. I have been prescribed to go for ct scan of brain if the situation doesn't improve. But I have a fear if CT scan shows any problems. Please help me in the right direction.
'No' appears to be a very simple and straightforward word. However, it can be shockingly hard to say. People most of the time agree to things that they really do not want. Since they would preferably feel overburdened and low rather than disappoint somebody, saying "no" feels easier to maintain connections with people.
The repercussions of this absence of disagreement is critical. By overcommitting ourselves, we are actually consuming the majority of our positive energy and using it somewhere where you might not want to. This takes away from our common character and quality. It leaves us tired and we meet each day like it is simply one more battle. We also give up our own requirements for space, stillness, relaxation and imagination and are bound to our state.
To stay away from this, we must know about our own necessities and priorities for both mental and physical well-being and joy. For this, one may have to know when saying "yes" will fulfill your requirement for rest, relaxation or self-awareness. When one does this, their unfounded dread of not being socially acceptable from saying "no" will go away gradually.
Here are three reasons why saying "no" can prove to be beneficial:
- You will have additional time: The extra time made by saying "no" will, at any rate, prevent that forced clock from ticking. It will make you feel like you are in control. This can truly lighten up your mood and lift your anxiety and bolster your health. Rather than saying yes to going out for lunch or a party that you feel obligated to go to, but might not want to, simply try to say no. You will automatically feel happier when you are sitting at home, relaxing rather than forcefully socialising.
- You will be less remorseful: At first, you may be reluctant to state "no" because of a paranoid fear of passing up a major opportunity or the fear of missing out. As a general rule, nonetheless, in case that you need to state "no," odds are you have much better explanations for you not being there. If you do go for it, you might regret it afterwards thinking that you could have done something better with your time rather than having completely wasted it.
- Your associates will respect you for it: No one wants that they should be taken for granted. However, in case that you continue saying "yes" to each demand or opportunity, that is precisely how individuals will come to see you. The more you say "yes," the more individuals will generally expect things of you. This could prompt to a drop in your status and position and loss of control over others.
Why do people/student torture animals- what drives them?
Can we analaysis and find solution: let try to stop this any more in our life
As we all aware that two animals cruelty incidents happened in tamilnadu, one with the dog and another with an monkey.
Case a, 12 yrs old kid hitting cat with broomstick, their parents brought for an counseling that he has not coutesy for animal and he was killing without any guilt.
Case b, 23 yrs adult was burning a rat alive with kerosine and feeling happy to see that rat die with burn.
And there are many cases which were not recorded and submitted for case discussion.
What typically possesses them to inflict such acts of intentional animal torture and cruelty?
These are because of psychological disorders (such as anti-social/psychopathic personality disorders and engage in deliberate acts of zoosadism), and/or because they have sexually paraphilic disorders (such as crush fetishism in which small animals are crushed for sexual pleasure).
This may be common behaviour among murderers and rapists - those with psychopathic traits characterized by impulsivity, selfishness, and lack of remorse.
Animal torture and cruelty is one of the three adolescent behaviours in what is often referred to the homicidal triad , the other two being persistent bedwetting and obsessive fire-setting. The combination of two or more of these three behaviours increases the risk of homicidal behaviour in adult life.
The behaviours in the homicidal triad are often associated with parental abuse, parental brutality (and witnessing domestic violence), and/or parental neglect.
What we can do:
The best way to prevent it is teaching by example. Parents and teachers are the key and plays very important role.
Pro-social behaviour (action/behaviours intended to help others) by parents and other role models towards animals, such as rescuing spiders in the bath, feeding birds/ants, treating pets as a member of the family,
Schools and colleges can have some pet home in the campus.
These activities or act has the potential to make a positive lasting impression on children.
It's a start, lets all have at least one pet in the home make your son/ daughter to take care of them (pet therapy).
Elayaraja m. Sc, m. Phil, pgdgc, pgdha
Kavithalyaa counseling centre, ambattur, chennai-53.