Dr. my fasting sugar is 118 but after breakfast it goes to 210 I am having amaryl 1 mg before bf and xmat 500 after bf regards aknarayan.
Respected. Doctor Ji My weight is 60 Kgs. 34 years old I want to know that my sugar level is 120 in Blood before meal am I Diabetic?
Which are the fruits for which it is a BIG NO for type II diabetics patient with over all good sugar control [ HBA1C ranging from 6.4 to 6.7 for last 4 years].
Hi Mere Blood me ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) jyada hone pe kya karna chahiye? Patient age 50 years and weight 75 kg. Old patient of diabetes and hypertension. ESR: 40 mm.Blood sugar fasting: 188, after bf 266.
In your article foods that can reduce your blood sugar level, you have mentioned nuts. NUTS means all nuts or any particular nuts like pits, badam. N r ramachandran.
Hi Mere Blood me ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) jyada hone pe kya karna chahiye? Patient age 50 years and weight 75 kg. Old patient of diabetes and hypertension.
Madam I am diabetic from last 10 years now I am 30 years old I am insulin dependent. During the day my sugar levels are almost good. But my fasting sugar levels are so much raised. My diet does not have any irregular item I eat as my diet plan but I don't know why sugar levels are raising. Please advise me what to do.
I am 39 years old male, One week before I have tested my sugar level, results came, Fasting - 114 and after food - 157, pls suggest me how it is?
Dear Sir, My Father is patient of diabetes from past 25 years and he is well known about diet. But from pat some years in spite of medication and precaution his diabetes level being up as when he was using istamet 50/500 two times his diabetes PP level wa around 240 so he consult a diabetes specialist and he prescribed a medicine Gph-2 (Glimepiride 2 Mg and Metformin-500 dose 1-1/2 once in a day before breakfast but now after 20 days medication his pp is 375 which is two high when he consult once more and explained about this he changed the medicine and prescribed Dioglip-h ONE TIME with same composition of GPH-2.
My fasting blood sugar is 294 Post prandial blood sugar 398 This the first time my blood sugar level is at this level. So now am I diabetic. And what to do noe.
Hello respected doctors Aged 55 diabetic and have thyroid problem My sugar levels are before food 98+and after food 110+and hb1ac 5.8 Had an angioplasty and one stunt had put my problem is lost weight after procedure my weight was 70 kgs but now it has dropped to 63 kgs recently done all blood tests and abdomen and pelvic scanning all are normal then why I am lost so much of weight and even after 4 months I have not gained any weight it is worrying me please give me the solution.
Dear doctor, mera insulin ke bare mein jana he. Normal amount status insulin kitna hota he. Aur kam zada kaisa pata karun.
Hello, M obese nd having thyroid (high TSH) from last 6 years nd is currently taking Thyronorm 100 Can yu please suggest me any homeopathy medicine? Nd can that be taken along with Thyronorm?
Hi, im 29 and weight is 53. 8 kg because of period problem gynecologist asked me to take to check my TSH, prolactin, FBS, insulin fasting but my TSH range is 8.89 so doctor asked me to take thyronorm 25 mcg tablet before breakfast, after taking tablet for two days from two days not getting sleep, and headache and feeling hungry throughout the day after having food, shivering no energy, should I take that tablet or stop please help me my doctor did not ask to check T3 and T4 level this is first time having this tablet.
Which type of fruits a diabetic patient can have? How to control sugar level without any medications? Please provide me a diabetic diet chart that we can follow.
Diabetes or diabetes mellitus is a collection of disorders that affect the way blood sugar is used by your body. A healthy blood sugar level is very important as it provides energy for the necessary bodily functions. Diabetes results in increased glucose levels in the blood. Diabetes is classified into two types:
Type 1 Diabetes: In this type, the immune system of the body destroys cells that produce insulin, thus resulting in lesser insulin production.
Type 2 Diabetes: In Type 2 diabetes, the body is not able to use the insulin as a result of increased resistance to insulin and definite deficiency in insulin, thus resulting in high blood glucose levels.
The symptoms of diabetes are:
Rapid weight loss.
You may feel thirsty frequently.
Excessive and frequent bouts of hunger.
Presence of ketones (byproduct of muscle and fat breakdown) in the urine.
Sores take a longer time to heal.
You become vulnerable to various infections because of the weakening of the immune system.
The causes for Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes are different. In case of type 1 diabetes, the immune system of the body kills cells in the pancreas that produce insulin. This results in shortage of insulin in the body, resulting in high blood sugar levels.
In Type 2 Diabetes, the cells in the body turn resistant to insulin. The exact cause of this is not known, but genetic factors, being overweight, inactivite and other environmental factors can trigger this disorder.
The treatment options for diabetes are:
Exercise: Exercise is an effective remedy to lower your blood sugar levels as it helps in transporting sugar into the cells for energy. You can include cardiovascular activities such as running and swimming in your workout regimen.
Insulin Therapy: Insulin therapy involves injecting insulin into the body to reduce blood sugar levels. It can be injected by using an insulin pen or an insulin pump.
Oral Medications: Oral medications may be prescribed to stimulate the pancreas to boost insulin production. Certain medications can also inhibit excess glucose release from the liver.
Pancreas Transplant: In some cases, pancreas transplant is advised to replace the faulty pancreas with a good one that produces insulin in sufficient quantity. Although, it's a rare possibility and does not correct already caused damage to eyes, kidney or nerves.
- Diet: Diet is another important aspect of the treatment plan that plays an important role in controlling diabetes. Avoid foods that contain simple sugars as they tend to raise your blood sugar levels. Rather, include complex carbohydrates in your diet such as beans, vegetables and whole grains. Special emphasis should be put on green vegetables.
My father body weight is decreasing. .I check with doctors whether there is diabetes or sugar. But nothing is going to come in report. So please help Me in this.
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that results in high blood sugar levels in the body. It basically means that the body is either insensitive to insulin or the insulin production levels in the body go down. The various symptoms of diabetes are blurred vision, weight loss and hunger.
Some other symptoms of diabetes are:
- Excessive urine output
- Wounds that take time to heal
- Yeast infections
- You may experience fatigue on a regular basis
- Frequent Mood Changes
Diabetes is also known as a Lifestyle disease. From the food you eat to the amount of activity, they are all connected to diabetes prevention. The various modifications that you may carry out to prevent diabetes are:
- Exercise: You should exercise on a regular basis as it increases your overall wellbeing. It helps you to lose weight and allows you to maintain optimal blood sugar levels. It can also improve your body's sensitivity to insulin to prevent blood sugar problems. Exercise helps in increasing endorphin levels in the body which are responsible for keeping you happy & satiated, thereby avoiding depression and over-eating.
- Eat more whole grains: Unlike simple carbohydrates, whole grains are complex carbohydrates that raise your blood sugar steadily instead of spiking it suddenly. Avoid refined grains as most of the important nutrients are stripped from refined grains. A Well-balanced diet with adequate amounts of PUFA/MUFA help in increasing the insulin sensitivity, reducing cholesterol and heart problems, etc.
- Eat a lot of fiber: If you have type 2 diabetes, you should be, including high-fiber foods in your diet is a healthy way to control high blood sugar. Fiber does not raise blood glucose levels. Because it is not broken down by the body, the fiber in an apple or a slice of whole grain bread has no effect on blood glucose levels because it isn't digested. The grams of fiber can actually be subtracted from the total grams of carb you are eating if you are using carbohydrate counting for meal planning. Fiber helps you in feeling satiated, thus prevents you from overeating. It also improves your blood sugar levels and decreases your chances of getting affected by heart disease.
- Lose weight: You should aim to maintain a healthy weight level as it also decreases the risk of diabetes. It also helps in improving your cardiovascular health. Follow a regimen, which is based on a balanced diet and moderate amount of exercise. Losing weight is the best way to keep diabetes away. Weight is something that we can keep under control. The waist size of men and women should not be more than 150 cm and 90 cm respectively. Always maintain your ideal body weight as per your BMI (Body Mass Index). Globally, obesity is one of the leading causes of diabetes.
- Avoid sugary drinks: With ten teaspoons of sugar in every 12-ounce can or bottle, sweet drinks can send your blood sugar soaring and boost your risk for weight gain, high blood pressure, stroke, and heart disease. One sugary drink a day adds 150 empty calories and 40 to 50 grams of blood-sugar-raising carbohydrates to your diet, and can lead to a weight gain of 15 pounds per year. Switching to healthier drinks can save hundreds of calories and a lot of carbohydrates.
- Avoid Stress: When you are stressed, your blood sugar levels rise. Stress hormones like epinephrine and cortisol kick in since one of their major functions is to raise blood sugar to help boost energy when it's needed most. You can't fight danger when your blood sugar is low, so it rises to help meet the challenge. Both physical and emotional stress can prompt an increase in these hormones, resulting in an increase in blood sugars and diabetes. Ensuring a stress-free life is very important if you want to stay away from diabetes. Avoid stress by going out for garden-walks, indulging in social causes/activities, yoga, meditation, etc.