Doctor in HOMOEO CARE N CURE
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for HOMOEO CARE N CUREYour feedback matters!
It is very common for women to gain weight post menopause. A range of factors are responsible for this, such as slow metabolism, degradation of the muscle tissue and hormonal fluctuations, resistance to insulin, inadequate sleep to name a few. To make things worse, the fat on the thighs and hips gets transferred to a lower portion of the abdomen. This not only makes the whole body posture ugly, but increases the risk of heart diseases and diabetes. It is therefore very important to lose weight and maintain the right BMI.
Here are a few tips that can help do just that:
- Calorie count: Contrary to the popular belief, a drastic restriction in diet can do more harm than good. A less calorie count results in muscle loss and restricts the ability to digest protein. A better strategy, therefore, is to watch out for portion size rather cutting down on the diet. Frequent eating in small quantities can help in ensuring that the body retains its metabolic rate and weight gain is restricted at the same time.
- A healthy diet: A healthy diet necessarily need not restrict to fruits and vegetables. It essentially means cutting down on junk and processed food. In this regard a low carb diet greatly helps in losing weight, so is the case with a vegetarian and Mediterranean diet. However, be it any diet, the important thing is to ensure that it is freshly prepared and consumed at the right quantity.
- Exercise: Exercise is perhaps the single most important factor after or during a menopause. It not only helps to lose weight but helps to improve the mood, improve bone density and helps the body to tackle muscle loss. Cardio and aerobic training are known to be extremely effective for the purpose of losing weight. A recent research report suggests that performing repetitive exercise can be more effective than performing a variety of exercises. The trick is to keep the exercise schedule going every single day.
- Getting adequate rest: In order to maintain a healthy weight, getting adequate sleep is extremely important. People who tend to sleep little have a higher concentration of ghrelin hormone. The latter is known as the hunger hormone of the body that is responsible for the urge of eating. Less sleep also decreases the level of leptin hormone that gives a sense of fulfilment to an individual. Many women reportedly suffer from sleep inefficiency and suffer from night sweats, hot slashes, and stress. If such behaviour continues for long, medical help is necessary.
- Stay away from stress: Stress relief plays a pivotal role in ensuring that a person does not put on weight during the menopause. Apart from contributing to weight gain, stress can result in lead to heart diseases, elevated cortisol, and abdominal fat.
Low or reduced libido has been a point of concern for many years and if left neglected it can negatively impact your love life. Read on to know how you can boost your libido with these ornamental tips.
- Have a positive mental attitude and keep your stress level low: If you feel good and self confident you may feel more sexual and attractive to your partner.
- Consider, but do not overly rely on supplements that claim to increase your libido.Take a bite out of a forbidden fruit: Figs, bananas and avocados, for example, are considered libido-boosting foods, known as aphrodisiacs. And they are provide certain vitamins smooths the blood flow..
- Be a poser: Yoga does more than just get you limber, it may boost your libido, too. Yoga may also improve your orgasms by increasing blood flow down there.
- Indulge in all things chocolate: Throughout history, chocolate has been a symbol of desire. Not just because of its delicious taste, but because of its power to improve sexual pleasure.
- Find out which scenarios spark magic for you and your partner: You do not need to recreate every detail from those scenes. With a little imagination, improvisational role-playing, you can incorporate one or two key elements from the scene, such as a costume or a prop - and create a scenario that is likely to liven the mood.
- Take your daily herbs: Ginkgo biloba, an extract derived from the leaf of the Chinese ginkgo tree, is another herb found to treat antidepressant-induced sexual dysfunction.
- Seek the help of a sex therapist, if necessary: If you are experiencing sexual problems that prevent you from desiring, initiating, or enjoying sex, consider whether these issues may be psychological in origin.
- Be patient: If you have a partner who is being treated for lost interest in and enjoyment in sex, or for issues relating to sexual performance, be patient and realize that treatment can take several months or more to be effective.
- Take a whiff: Whiffing can also work for you. But the scent of your man postworkout might do just that. Sniffing his sweat can increase your level of the stress hormone cortisol, which may boost arousal.
Chlamydia is a type of STI. STIs are sexually transmitted infections or diseases. It is extremely common due to the ease with which it spreads. Also, the fact that there are often no symptoms associated with chlamydia makes it even harder to diagnose and deal with. As many as 75% of infections in women and 50% of infections in men have no symptoms associated with the chlamydia whatsoever. However, there may be a few observable symptoms such as:
Symptoms in men
1. There is a little discharge from the penis which tends to be clear or cloudy
2. Urination becomes painful
3. The opening of the penis begins to burn and itch
4. Your testicles begin to swell and pain
Symptoms in women
1. Similar to men, women have a discharge from the vagina which has a bad odor
2. Between periods, bleeding may occur
3. Periods become painful
4. Fever and abnormal pain
5. Sex becomes painful
6. Similar to men, urinating becomes painful
7. Around the vagina, there is an itching or burning sensation
There are several steps taken for the treatment of chlamydia. The steps are as follows:
1. Antibiotic prescription
The first step is the prescription of antibiotics to the person with the infection. These antibiotics tend to be oral in nature. Usually, azithromycin or doxycycline is prescribed.
2. Checking and treating the partner of the patient
Once the doctor has diagnosed chlamydia, he will immediately check your partner to make sure that he or she is not infected and if he or she is then the doctor will treat your partner as well.
3. Treatment for severe infections
This infection mostly occurs in women. The treatments given to women with severe infections include intravenous antibiotics, pain medicine and hospitalization.
4. Follow up visits
These are usually scheduled three months later to make sure that there is no re-infection or further complication related to sexual infections.
Torn cartilages are quite a common form of injury occurring in the human body. While one can’t always be too cautious of injuries, one can still try to be conscious of their muscles and do not move about in an abrupt manner to cause injury to themselves. Further, even though torn cartilages are very common, they are quite painful and most often they occur in the knee. Here are some tips to ensure that your torn cartilage heals well and you are exposed to less pain during the healing period:
Rest: You must take rest. While it is advised to take bed rest, humanly it is impossible to spend all day in bed. Thus one can move about a little but avoid walking and straining their legs and knee too much. At times crutches can be taken while taking a few steps in the room.
Ice Therapy: Putting ice bags in the affected area helps in relaxing the muscles and reducing the pain quite a lot. Though previously people adhered to putting hot water bags, the scenario is slowly changing to ice therapy.
Compress: When you are suffering from a torn cartilage, the doctor often puts a bandage on the knee to compress the area. This is done so that the muscles are brought together and they can heal on their own with time and rest.
Elevate the Knee: Often it is seen that during such cases, the knee or the hands are rested in an elevated platform. This platform is created with the help of a pillow mostly. This lets the cartilage get time to rest and heal on its own.
Avoid Strenuous Activities: This includes jumping, running, jogging, kicking etc, when it comes to the legs and writing, lifting weight etc. when it comes to the hands. These activities require a lot of strength and power and most of all the use of the cartilages. Since the cartilages are torn and in their healing mode, it is best to avoid such activities for a certain amount of time to not put pressure on the cartilages and damage them further.
Painkillers: It has been already mentioned that the healing period can be painful. Thus, the doctor may prescribe some painkillers to ease the pain during this time.
Thus, these are some of the easiest ways to deal with a torn cartilage. The recovery period may be painful, but it happens to many people and is completely healable in nature.
Fungal skin diseases are brought about by various sorts of fungi and are the main reasons behind an irritated skin. Fungi attack and develop in dead keratin, a protein that makes up your skin, hair and nails. The various sorts of fungal diseases are caused by various groups of fungi. Some common fungal skin infections include ringworm, intertrigo, nail infections, Athlete’s foot, etc.
The likelihood of fungal infections increase in the following cases:
- If you are overweight
- Not drying your skin completely after a shower or wash
- Walking barefoot in shower and wet locations
- In case of a pregnancy
- If you have a weak immune system
- If you suffer from diabetes
- If you come into contact with a person or animal with fungal infections.
- Due to a recent course of antibiotics
Fungal rashes can at times be mistaken for other skin conditions, for example, psoriasis and eczema. Fungal skin diseases can bring about a number of skin rashes; some of them being red, textured and itchy. The organism can influence only one region, or a few zones of your body. In the event that you get a fungal disease of your scalp, you might lose some hair. There are steps which can be performed in order to protect yourself from getting a parasitic skin contamination:
- Dry your skin properly after a shower
- Try not to share hairbrushes, towels or combs since they might be carrying fungi
- In case a family member has been infected with scalp ringworm, hats, pillows, combs or scissors should be soaked using water and bleach
- Allow your shoes sufficient time to dry out by alternating them every two or three days
- In order to keep moisture away from the skin, wear loose clothes that are made of cotton or other breathable materials.
- Socks, bed linen and clothes should be washed regularly to prevent the growth of any fungi
- In communal and wet areas like saunas, swimming pools, showers, etc., wear clean plastic shoes or flip-flops.
- If you have diabetes, try to keep your blood sugar under control
Gout: a brief idea: In the simplest of words gout can be defined as the inflammation of joints due to continuous accretion of urate crystals. An excess of uric acid can make a person suffer from gout. There could be a higher percentage of uric acid in a person's blood due to two chief reasons; an inept excretory system that fails to rid your body of surplus acid and also greater production of the acid. Arthritis is of three kinds; gout is one of those three. Homeopathy is known for its efficacy in treating gout.
Homeopathic remedies for gout:
- Urtica urens can cure gout: This homeopathic medicine is prescribed by a professional practitioner if the person is susceptible to cold. Urtica urens can work on a patient if he or she is allergic to snow, air, touch and water. Hive like eruptions on your ankles, wrists, and shoulders can be treated through regular consumption of this medication.
- Ledum can relieve you of pain: A painful, swollen area that develops on the small joints such as the joints of your toe fingers can be cured with the use of Ledum. The sensation of shooting pain in your limbs or feet can also be dealt with Ledum. Apart from that swollen small joints can be given momentary respite by falling back upon the cold compression therapy. Patients are advised to take this medicine if they exhibit intolerance to external warmth.
- Lycopodium is effective on sore joints: Chalky deposits of urate can be found in a person's knees. This results in chronic gout. Chronic gout has symptoms like limited urination. The urine may or may not have red sediments. People have also been reported with symptoms like extreme backache. Lycopodium successfully cures cases of unceasing gout.
- Try out benzoic acid for a big toe: If your gout is accompanied by stinking yellow urine you probably need Benzoic acid. Gout could be so severe that it might result in a stiff limb. In certain cases it makes a person limp. The thumb of your feet might get swollen making you have a big toe. A big toe usually kills you with tearing pain.
- Arnica deals with bruises: Arnica is your go to solution in case of a throbbing, stinging pain in any part of the body. This medication is a cherished answer to aches in every household. When gout is tender and it hinders free movement, this medicine comes to your aid. The medicine also heals bruised eruptions.
Anorectal diseases, affect the rectum or the muscles surrounding the analregion. Some of these conditions can be difficult to live with, as the symptoms interfere with everyday life. Here is a look at two of the most common anorectal diseases, their symptoms, and their treatment.
Anal fistula is an unnatural tunnel formation between the anus and a portion of the surrounding skin. It is usually caused due to an infection or blockage in the anal cavity. Here are some common symptoms associated with anal fistulas-
- Sharp pain originating near the fistula
- Redness of the skin around the affected region
- Anal swelling
- Pain during bowel movements
If you have anal fistula, you need to seek immediate treatment. Here are some forms of treatment used to manage the condition-
- No medication is able to treat the condition and surgery is the only available option.
- If the fistula is not too close to the anus, doctors will simply cut open the tunnel formed inside and let the body heal on its own.
- A plug may be inserted to close off the tunnel
- In some cases, a tube like instrument is inserted into the fistula tunnel to drain out the waste material prior to the surgical procedure.
A small tear or cut in the lining of the anus is known as an anal fissure. Often, such a tear causes discomfort and bleeding during bowel movement. Its symptoms include-
- A tear near the anus, which is visible to the naked eye
- Sharp pain during bowel movement
- Burning or itching sensation in the anal region
- Bright red stools.
Here is a look at the treatment options open to you, if you suffer from anal fissure-
- Laxatives and stool softeners
- Changing the diet to include more fibrous foods
- Submerge your anus and affected region in warm water. This is known as a sitz bath.
- Nitroglycerin ointment is applied to the tear to increase blood flow to the area.
Consult a surgeon immediately if you notice signs of either of these disorders near your anal region. The doctor will advise you regarding the treatment.
My mother aged 65 years has severe arthritis of both knees, should she get both knees replaced in one sitting?
You should do both knees in one sitting if the severity is same in both the knees and the patient is unable to differentiate the painful knee. In case the patient says one knee is more painful than address one knee at a lime. Your own knee is always the best till it lasts.
What are the advantages of doing both the knees in one sitting?
- Exposure to the risk of anaesthesia reduced to only once
- Aids simultaneous rehabilitation especially in severely deformed knees
- Bilateralprocedure reduces cost
- Earlier return to baseline function and convenience for the patient and relatives
- Shorter cumulative hospital stays
What are the risks associated with bilateral Total Knee Replacement (TKR) and are there any studies to support the same?
The risks of cardiac and infection related complications for bilateral TKR are lower than the combined risk of two unilateral TKRs. A population-based comparison of the incidence of adverse outcomes after simultaneous-bilateral and staged-Bilateral Total Knee Arthroplasty published in The Journal of Bone And Joint Surgery.
Result: Records were available for 11.445 simultaneous-bilateral arthroplasty Procedures and 23.715 staged-bilateral procedures.
Conclusions: Simultaneous-bilateral total knee arthroplasty was associated with clinically important reduction in the incidence of infection and malfunction within one year after arthroplasty.
What is the latest Technology available which could help improve surgical outcomes?
Custom Fit Knee Resurfacing: A knee with your name on it i.e. customized specifically based on your dimensions.
Understanding Custom Fit Knee Resurfacing: You are unique and so is your individual anatomy and thus lack of accuracy leads to discomfort and even further corrective surgeries That is why Custom Fit Knee replacement surgery, which utilizes MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) technology to create personalized positioning guides for total Knee replacement is recommended.
Practical Benefits Of Custom Fit Knee Replacement
- MRI of the affected knee is done based on which we can make a customized jig for better fitting of the implant for the patients
- No intra medullary instruments so minimal chances of fat embolism
- Minimally Invasive (just a 4-5 inch incision)
- Improves the speed of the operation theater time (40% reduced surgical time)
- Increases implant inventory efficiency (know sizing)
- Faster recovery of the patient
- Perfect patient alignment thus better mobilization
What is the role of body exhaust 'space' suits in Bilateral TKR?
- 'Space' suits maintain a more sterile environment and offer more mobility to the surgeons.
- Space suits are used to help reduce contamination from the operating teams from entering the wounds.
- The impure air exhaled by the operating team is pushed down by the rotating fan in the helmet of space suits and absorbed by the laminar air flow in the 0.T.
Asthma is a condition marked by the swelling and narrowing of the airways thus, producing excess mucus. This triggers coughing, breathing difficulties and wheezing. Asthma can be a minor inconvenience for some, while for others, it can often result in a deadly asthma attack.
It isn’t definite as to what causes asthma in some and not in others, but a combination of genetic and environmental factors is a probable reason. Factors that trigger asthma is varied, and is subjective. Some common causes of asthma include:
- Airborne matters, such as cockroach waste particles, pet dander, mould spores, dust mites or pollen
- Respiratory infections
- Physical activity
- Cold air
- Irritants (such as smoking) and air pollutants
- Some medications, such as naproxen, ibuprofen, beta blockers and aspirin
- Stress and strong emotions
- Preservatives and sulphites added to some beverages and food, such as wine, beer, processed potatoes, dried fruit and shrimp
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (Stomach acids retreat into the throat)
- Breathing difficulties
- Chest pain or tightness
- Trouble sleeping due to breathing problems, wheezing or coughing
- A wheezing or whistling sound at exhaling
- Wheezing or coughing attacks that are aggravated by respiratory virus, such as flu or cold
Complications associated with asthma include:
- Symptoms and signs that interfere with recreational activities or school work
- Sick days from work or school when asthma flares up
- Persistent contractions of the bronchial tube that can lead to problems in breathing
- Hospitalisation and visits to the emergency room during critical asthma attacks
- Long-term consumption of certain medications to fix severe asthma can cause side effects
Long-term control and prevention are the main goals of asthma treatment. Treatment generally applies learning about the things that trigger your asthma, taking necessary steps to dodge them and checking your breathing to ascertain that your regular medications are effectively controlling your asthma. Inhaled corticosteroids, long-acting beta agonists, theophylline are some common long-term treatments to control asthma.
Medicines are prescribed based on your symptoms, age, triggers and what best keeps your asthma regulated. Also, you and your doctor need to work together to come up with a plan to counter your asthma. For example, if you think your symptoms are getting better, consult with your doctor to reduce your medication doses.
Allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (ABPA) is a allergic manifestation to the fungus Aspergillus sp. Patient with underlying Bronchial Asthma or Cystic Fibrosis are more susceptible to this. The patient may be having severe symptoms of asthma which respond poorly to inhaled medications.
This fungus is very commonly found in the surroundings and is referred to as mold. It is found at various places like soil, water, air and even on decaying matter. This fungus has the characteristic feature of spore formation and these spores are inhaled commonly from the air, without causing any disease or discomfort.
The fungus enters the body and produces colonies by inhabiting the airways. But the presence of Aspergillosis in the lungs does not always indicate an infection. In people with weakened immunity, this fungus enters the lungs and produces an acute infection that spreads along the respiratory tract. An allergic response given by the immune system to the Aspergillus fungi causes the allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis.
Symptoms of this disease are as follows:
1. Frequent cough
2. Brown colored mucus while coughing
3. Hemoptysis (blood in cough)
4. Difficulty in breathing
5. Wheezing sounds from the chest
6. Lethargy and weakness
7. Tightness of the chest In case of an asthmatic patient, if asthma is in a poorly controlled state, this condition is most likely to develop.
People suffering from asthma can contract ABPA when the medications are unable to control asthma. ABPA can also occur with cystic fibrosis which is a condition that has a genetic basis.
Diagnosis of this condition is difficult. It is usually diagnosed on the basis of the symptoms experienced by the patient. Certain specific tests like lung function tests (spirometry) can be carried out to evaluate the breathing capacity of the lungs.
An evaluation of the levels of the immunoglobulin IgE is also required. In conditions that are related to allergic responses from the immune system, it is observed that the levels of IgE are raised than above normal.
However, in ABPA the levels of the immunoglobulin IgE rise to a very high count. Monitoring of the IgE levels is done regularly during the management of ABPA. Chest x- rays do not help in the diagnosis of this disease. While treating ABPA, the evaluation of the immunoglobulin levels is done regularly. To relieve inflammation corticosteroids can be given.
Treatment of ABPA is Oral corticosteroids and in case of steroid dependence or persistent symptoms consider adding antifungal. Also, to treat the fungal infection, anti-fungal medications are prescribed. Repeated episodes of ABPA require more targeted treatment. Itraconazole is the anti-fungal drug which is effective in treating the fungal infection.