Doctor in G R Clinic
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for G R ClinicYour feedback matters!
I have throat pain from last two weeks and feel very week. Pain is not very heavy but when I take water food any thing then its little pain. Please suggest best.
I am suffering from snoring problem for 1 month, sir what we should be do please explain any medicine.
I am 22 year male. I have been suffering from throat infection for many years. When ever I go to the doctors they give me pills and it would take around 2-3 weeks to recover. But again it would repeat whenever I get cold. Is there any permanent solution or any better tablets you could suggest.
I am a 21 year old man and having pain in lower left side of the throat and sometimes in the left ear. 2 months back I was suffering from cold cough. At that time I was unable to talk. I used home remedies like gargle with hot water, and found relief. Now again this pain has started from last 1 week. What should I do?
I scratched my ear with my nail 2 days ago and now I am having pain in my ear. I am travelling and having a flight tomorrow. I am worried pain might increase in flight. Can I use otogesic ear drops?
ENT, Sir I have problem with ear wax problem. How to keep ear clean. I am afraid that my hearing ability may come down. Please advise me safe way of maintenance of good health of ears.
A nosebleed also called epistaxis medically is normally not dangerous, but if you are old nosebleeds come with a number of risks. Treating a bloody nose incorrectly can only make it more dangerous, because of prolonged bleeding. Before we explain the ways to stop nosebleeds, let’s take a look at its causes:
Nosebleeds usually start from just inside the entrance of the nostril. But, why? Because the blood vessels here are quite fragile and are also prone to rupture easily. This is the reason why children suffer from nosebleeds so easily. Other common reasons are
- A blocked nose due to colds
- Picking one's nose roughly
- Blowing one's nose
- Use of cocaine
A nosebleed usually lasts for about 10-20 minutes and is usually easy to treat. But in some conditions, this bleeding can be profuse and last longer like in cases of
Bleeding can sometimes also happen in areas further back in the nose due mostly to injuries and disorders of the nose.
Usually, nosebleeds can be stopped using simple first aid.
- Sitting up straight helps, especially along with tipping your head forward. It is vital that you don’t tip your head backwards as this can allow the blood to go down your throat and cause vomiting. And this can make your nosebleed worse. So, take care to spit out the blood in your mouth and not to swallow it.
- To stop a nosebleed, pinch the soft, cartilaginous part of your nose using your thumb and forefinger. Spraying your nose with a medicated nasal spray before pinching it can help the bleeding to stop faster. Apply pressure for 10 minutes to get results. Check if your nosebleed has stopped after 10 minutes if it’s not; apply pressure for another 10 minutes. Nosebleeds usually stop after 10 to 20 minutes of pressure.
- Use an ice pack to your nose and cheeks. This will constrict the blood vessels in the nose and stop the nosebleed.
- Use a saline- or water-based nasal gel inside your nose to stop bleeding.
- Remember not to blow your nose or insert anything into your nose for at least 12 hours after your nosebleed is over.
- If the bleeding doesn’t stop even after 20 minutes of applying direct pressure, it’s prudent to rush to a doctor. He will treat your nose to stop the bleeding.
- In a few rare cases, the bleeding is so severe that a blood transfusion is needed, and surgery may be needed to stop it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!