Doctor in DR Devaji Rao S
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Vascular Trauma Treatment
Arterial Thrombosis Treatment
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Submit a review for DR Devaji Rao SYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
My urine is getting yellow from one week. Face and lips are dry. There is a decrease in sleep too. Stretching in the foot muscles.
How to do Self-Breast Examination?
The best time to do your Breast self-examination is while having a shower. Soap your hands and body, then use the flat of your fingers and move them over the breasts step by step as indicated below:-
Step 1: Look at your breasts in the mirror with your shoulders straight and your arms on your hips. Observe the size, shape and colour of the breasts. Look for any deviation from normal – any visible distortion or swelling should be immediately brought to the doctor’s attention. Also, look for the following changes:-
- Dimpling or small depression on the breast
- Change in nipple position or inversion of nipple (nipple being inward instead of sticking out)
- Redness, soreness, rash, or swelling
Step 2: Raise your arms and look for the same changes. Sometimes, the changes in size and shape are more evident in this position.
Step 3: Look for any signs of fluid coming out of one or both nipples (this could be a watery, milky, a yellow or bloody discharge). Gently squeeze the nipples to check for discharge and observe the colour of the discharge.
Step 4: Lie down and feel your breasts using your right hand to feel your left breast and then your left hand to feel your right breast.
- Use a firm, smooth touch with the finger pads of your hand (ring finger, middle finger and index finger), keeping the fingers flat and together.
- Use circular motion (each motion measuring about the size of a coin) to palpate* the breasts.
- Cover the entire breast from top to bottom, side to side – from your collarbone to the top of your abdomen, and from your armpit to your cleavage.
- Follow a pattern (either horizontal – side to side or vertical – up and down) to be sure that you cover the whole breast.
- Squeeze the nipples and observe if there is any discharge.
Step 5: Repeat step 4 in standing and sitting position.
Important Things To Know About Prostatitis
Prostatitis is the inflammation of the prostate gland and it affects a lot of men. It accounts for in excess of 2 million clinic and hospital visits every year in the US alone, but only 10 percent of cases are due to bacterial infection and respond to regular antibiotic therapy. However, the causative factors, disease process, and optimum treatment for the remaining 90 percent of prostatitis cases, remain unclear. It has only recently begun to be studied more carefully.
What causes prostatitis?
As mentioned earlier, a small percentage of prostatitis cases are caused by bacteria. Guys who are afflicted by chronic prostatitis typically experience pain even when there is no evidence of inflammation. In many cases of prostatitis, the causative factor is never determined, but experts think that it is because muscles around the pelvic and bladder areas don't perform optimally. Some experts are also of the opinion that chronic prostatitis can be caused by an injury to the prostate or surrounding areas or a disorder of the nervous and immune system.
Who has increased risk for prostatitis?
Prostatitis could affect men from different age groups. An estimated 50 % of all males experience prostatitis-like symptoms at some point in their lives. Prostatitis can be triggered by bladder or urethral infection or a pelvic trauma, just like an injury from cycling or equestrian sports. You could also have a higher risk of suffering from prostatitis if you are not taking in enough fluids or if you are having unprotected intercourse. Long term use of a urinary catheter might also elevate one's risk of having this problem. Stress is also believed to contribute to elevated prostatitis risk as are certain inherited qualities.
What are the complications?
Two of the most significant complications of bacterial prostatitis are abnormalities in semen and infertility. Also, although there is no direct evidence that prostatitis can bring about cancer, it can increase PSA levels. In addition, it may result in chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
What are the treatment options for prostatitis?
For the most part, the treatment will depend on cause. An antibiotic is utilized to treat prostatitis caused by an infection. Pain drugs could also be used and for severe cases, surgical removal of infected portions of the prostate may be recommended. Non-bacterial prostatitis is treated with the use of a multidisciplinary approach which incorporates exercise, progressive relaxation and counseling.