Doctor in BLISS MEDICAL CARE
Submit a review for BLISS MEDICAL CAREYour feedback matters!
Patients with joint problems find it difficult to perform daily activities effectively, such as Walking or Climbing stairs. They may also feel pain while sitting or lying down. For such patients, Knee Replacement can be a helpful option. Knee Replacement Surgery is one of the safest and most effective methods for people with knee problems to provide relief from pain, correct leg deformity, and perform normal activities effectively.
Sir. Weight to hai hi nhi body me. Bohot weak ho gyi hai. Sirf 45 kg weight hai. Legs me swelling bhi hai.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. It reduces knee pain caused by various illnesses including arthritis, inflammation of the cartilage and wearing of the patella among others.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Alfalfa: Alfalfa is medically known as Medicago Sativa. Alfalfa is excellent for making sure that your joint pain reduces, when taken in liquid form four times a day.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the painusually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Bishop's weed: The medical name for Bishop's weed is Trachyspermum Ammi. The oil extracted from this herb is usually applied to the knees to reduce the intensity of such knee pains.
- Celery: The medical name for celery is Apium Graveolens. Celery is not only an effective treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and associated pains in the knees, but it is also helpful in treating gout. It is usually agreed upon that this particular treatment is usually long lasting because of its alkaline nature.
- Dandelion: Dandelion's biological name is Taraxacum Officinale. It is rich in magnesium and is crucial for the correct mineralization of the bones. This mineralization allows the bones to become stronger and also prevents knee pain.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
Surgery for joint preservation is used to repair damaged articular cartilage because of osteoarthritis and malalignment. High Tibial Osteotomy is a medical or surgical method to realign the knee joint. This surgery especially helps people with knee arthritis to avoid knee replacement surgery, either partial or total, by maintaining injured joint tissues.
People suffering from degenerative arthritis or osteoarthritis encounter a high crushing of the articular cartilage and menisci that can result in their tearing. Unbalanced forces lead to unwarranted pressure on the knee resulting in mal-alignment.
High Tibial Osteotomy as an Alternative to Knee Replacement:
High Tibial Osteotomy is usually performed on younger people suffering from mal-alignment or arthritis. The plastic and metal parts used in the total knee transplant surgery have a life expectancy of 15-20 years that might result in another knee transplant surgery for a younger patient. That is why high Tibial Osteotomy is referred to the younger patients until knee replacement becomes unavoidable.
Through High Tibial Osteotomy, the knee is re-aligned to take the pressure off the injured side of the knee. One will have to go through some medical tests before the surgery to know the actual condition of the injury. If the mal-alignment of the knee is not treated, it can make difficult for the patients to perform their daily tasks even walking.
Who Are Eligible for High Tibial Osteotomy?
HTO or High Tibial Osteotomy of the knee is more appropriate for young, active people. Patients who do not feel pain under their knee cap and only on a single part of the knee are permitted for knee osteotomy. They should be able to bend and straighten their knees completely. One should consult their doctor before confirming the type of surgery they will be going for as not everyone is suitable for High Tibial Osteotomy depending upon the severity and overall health of the patient.
Types of Osteotomy Surgeries:
Closed Osteotomy Surgery: The most commonly osteotomy procedure used is a closed wedge osteotomy where the wedge bone is replaced through guide wires. The bones are then closed to fill the gap with the removal of the wedge.
Open Osteotomy Surgery: In this type of osteotomy surgery, the bone wedge is opened to add a bone graft to block up the space with the removal of the wedge.
An effective osteotomy postpones the need for knee replacement surgery.
No physical restrictions have been posted for the surgery.
Unpredictable pain post surgery
Longer healing time than partial or total knee replacement surgery
Difficulty in bearing weight on the operated knee
Physical joint exercises
Protective weight bearing exercises
Use of crutches or walkers as assistive devices
Radiography to correct maintenance of bone
High Tibial Osteotomy Surgery is performed to avoid Total or Partial Knee Replacement Surgery. This type of surgery is mostly performed on young patients. For most sufferers, this alternative has proven to be working to relieve pain. However, it is always advisable to consult a doctor before opting for this surgery.