Doctor in Adithya Hospital
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Adithya HospitalYour feedback matters!
I had gone hydrocele surgery on 13 Mar 2018. On 26 mar 2018 one of the dissolvable stitches broke out and the large collection which came out. After consulting doctor the dressing of the wound was continued In between I had occasional fever also but blood and urine infection test results were negative. Further with dressing collection reduced and the wound was reduced. The main problem is this that after having heavy antibiotics for nearly two months the collection keeps on coming i.e. At rate of 1 to 2 drops per day. There is no bad odour or pus type cells in collection. My doctor has said that I have to go for removal of testicle. Although I did not had any fever or pain since week. Further the size of scrotum is also reducing. Pls help me through this.
Headaches and migraines are one of the most common types of pains that patients can face. There are many types of headaches that may afflict people and there are a number of reasons that can be attributed as their cause.
Let's look at some of the types of headaches and their causes:
Facial headaches - This is an ache, which is usually centered on the face, the crown, and the forehead. In this headache, movements of the head and face may also cause problems.
- Causes: The main cause for facial headaches tends to be sinusitis, a condition in which the cavities in the skull get blocked. Sinusitis may also happen due to a cold as this has often been accompanied by a runny nose as well.
- Treatments: The best treatment for this issue would be to treat the underlying condition, i.e. the cold or the blockages. Using the prescribed variety of decongestants and inhalers can vastly improve the situation.
Migraines - This is an intense pain on one side of the head that can last for a few hours to a few days. Most of the pain is sometimes centered behind the eye, and many people report extreme sensitivity to light as well as sound. It can be debilitating to some people who suffer from a severe form of it.
- Causes: Migraines are one of the most complicated problems to diagnose and there can be a variety of reasons for it. Triggers may include food or lack of it and also be caused by other underlying physiological reasons.
- Treatments: Although there are certain painkillers, which are available, it is best to consult a doctor to know the root cause and thus, avoid the triggers or take appropriate medicines if necessary.
- Causes: These headaches are a result of stress, which may result in the decrease of the blood flow to the brain due to the stiffening of the head and neck muscles.
- Treatments: Over the counter drugs such as paracetamol or ibuprofen can help improve them, but it is better to consult a physician before undertaking self-medication.
Cluster Headaches - These are the most potent form of headaches that can be very painful. They usually originate as a piercing pain in the head with pressure on the eye and can even lead eye inflammation, and watery and droopy eyes.
- Causes: Certain neural functions originating from the hypothalamus can cause this issue and this type of headache may be triggered by alcohol, smoking or other forms of strong smells.
- Treatments: Generic painkillers may not be able to correct the issue quickly enough and this may require the administering of special injections or nasal sprays.
It’s easy talking about cuts and bruises on your arms and legs but talking about hemorrhoids can be a bit embarrassing. Hemorrhoids or piles are swollen blood vessels in the rectum. They can be internal or external and can irritate bowel movements. Though this condition is not life threatening, it can be quite painful. Hence, it should be treated as early as possible. Homeopathy is a holistic form of healing that addresses the root cause of the problem to resolve it. Here are a few homeopathic remedies that can be used to treat hemorrhoids.
- Hamamelis: Hemorroids that bleed excessively can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. It also treats soreness and bruising caused by the swollen blood vessels. In such cases, the person also often suffers from anemia, breathlessness and weakness.
- Ratanhia: This is one of the best homeopathic remedies to treat painful piles. This pain is usually triggered by the passing of stool, but can persist for hours afterwards. It may also be accompanied by a burning sensation that can be relieved by cold water. In such cases, the passing of stool causes hemorrhoids to protrude.
- Graphites: Piles that are accompanied by constipation can be effectively treated with graphites. It is also suited for cases where the condition is triggered by obesity and menstrual irregularities.
- Nux Vomica: Hemorrhoids caused by a sedentary lifestyle are best treated with Nux Vomica. In such cases, the patient also suffers from burning pain in the rectum and constipation. Eating a lot of heavy food and the ingestion of stimulants like alcohol can trigger this condition. Nux vomica helps set the gastrointestinal system back in order and thus prevents the recurrence of piles.
- Aesculus: Piles that are accompanied by unexplained pain in the back can be treated with Aesculus. These piles may or may not bleed, but the rectum feels as though it is filled with sticks. In such cases, the patient may also feel intense itching, burning and soreness around the rectum.
- Arsenic album: This is used to treat piles that are accompanied by burning pain and restlessness that can be relieved by the application of heat packs. These patients also suffer from painful spasmodic protrusions of the rectum.
- Collinsonia: Hemorroids that cause incessant bleeding and a prolapsed rectum can be treated with collinsonia. The piles often protrude out of the anus in this situation and are associated with chronic constipation or diarrhea. It can also be used to treat piles associated with pregnancy.
The ear is made up of three parts that is outer, middle and the inner part. Infections, disorders and ailments in the ear can occur across all age groups and in any part of the ear. Ear ailments are more common in children than in adults as the Eustachian tubes (tubes which drain out ear fluid) are smaller in children.
Here are a few common ailments which occur in children:
- Acute otitis media: AOM is the most common ear infection in children. Some parts of the middle ear are infected, resulting in swelling and blockage of fluid behind the eardrum. This condition is characterised by earache in children and in graver conditions, can also cause fever.
- Otitis media with effusion: This condition usually occurs due to the infestation of an infection when the fluid gets restricted behind the ear drum. This condition doesn’t exhibit too many symptoms except mild earache. You should visit an ENT specialist who can diagnose this condition by checking the concentration of fluid behind the eardrum using special instruments.
- Chronic otitis media with effusion: This condition occurs in children when the fluid remains trapped behind the eardrum for a long period of time. It can lead to serious infection and cause problems in hearing in children.
- Barotrauma: Barotrauma occurs due to changes in atmospheric pressure changes. It can cause problems in the Eustachian tube and causes trapping of air in the middle ear. Middle ear problems can become severe if left untreated and result in a burst in the eardrum, causing excessive bleeding.
- Meniere's disease: This is a disorder, which comes in bouts and is characterised by vertigo and fluctuating hearing loss. This condition usually affects one ear. It can result in tinnitus (ringing in the ear) or permanent loss of hearing if left untreated.
- Swimmer’s ear: Swimmer’s ear, also known as otitis externa, is a common condition which is caused in the outer area of the ear. This condition is caused due to remnants of chlorine water in the ear or because of inserting swabs too deep inside the canal. This condition is characterised by earache, discomfort and itching of the ear.
Sinusitis is the tissue inflammation of the membrane lining the sinus. Due to the inflammation, the sinus membrane gets filled with mucus, fluid, waste matter etc. This leaves very little room for air in the sinus membrane. The absence of air blocks the nose. The sense of smell goes away. The forehead might feel heavy as well. The resonance of the voice gets lost and it becomes nasal. In many cases, this leads to nasal discharge and result in a fever as well.
Sinusitis can be chronic or acute. Chronic sinusitis refers to cases where the sinusitis lasts long and does not go away easily. The ones that last for a shorter duration is known as acute sinusitis.
What are the symptoms of chronic sinusitis?
- Heaviness of forehead and nasal blockage
- Loss of shrill in the voice due to lack of air
- Difficulty in breathing from the nose (the mouth is used instead)
- Persistent sneezing
- Persistent headache
- Light pain near the eye and the cheeks
- Due to a recurrent cough, pain might get transferred to the ears
- Tendency to vomit or a feeling of nausea
Homeopathic Standpoint on Chronic Sinusitis
Of all the chronic conditions that could be treated by alternative medicine, chronic sinusitis stands the best chance to be completely cured via homeopathy. The natural course of homeopathic treatment aids in rebuilding the body’s immunity that is essential for curing sinusitis. Although this mode of treatment takes a while to show its effects, it has the capability to completely eradicate the chronicity and the recurrence of sinusitis and provide a long-term solution. Homeopathy does not involve any antibiotics or strong medicines, and it has no side effects or after effects. The homeopathic medicine is mild and tender. It cures the patient from within without any pain whatsoever.
How does the homeopathic medicine work?
There are close to 50 different types of medicines that can treat chronic sinusitis. As soon as the homeopathic medicine is consumed, it affects the respiratory system and mucous membrane. It makes the waste material present in the membrane come out in the form of yellowish discharge. The medicine is suited to those patients who feel lethargic and tired throughout the stint of sinusitis.
What is the time for a complete cure?
Homeopathic medicine might take a while to cure a chronic sinusitis patient. However, the time duration depends upon the extent of blockage of the membrane, frequency of sinus attack, history of nose blockage, general health of the patient etc. Not all medicines click for everyone. Based on the symptoms, general health and fact finding, a homeopathic doctor recommends a medicine. Typically the medicine is advised to be taken thrice or four times a day along with gargling, vapour consumption etc.
Keeping the blood sugar at the recommended level can be a challenging task at times. While timely medication is a key prerequisite for controlling diabetes, lifestyle changes plays an important role in keeping the blood sugar under control.
Here is a list of simple yet effective ways of managing diabetes.
- Portion size and carbohydrate count: Carbohydrates are the single most important food element that impacts the level of blood sugar in body. People taking insulin shots should ensure that the portion size of carbohydrates does not exceed the recommended level. Maintaining a diary to keep a check on the carbohydrate count can help in this case.
- Balanced diet: For people suffering from diabetes, it is necessary to have a good mix of fruits, vegetables, fat, starch and protein in each meal. Carbohydrates should be consumed in the form of fruits and whole grains. A doctor advice in this matter can be of great help.
- Avoid sweetened beverages: Sweetened beverages with high sucrose and fructose content have high-calorie content that can directly impact the blood-sugar level. Refraining from these sweetened drinks is a must for diabetes patients.
- Make an exercise plan: Exercising for half hour on a daily basis is highly beneficial for diabetes patients. It makes sense to consult a doctor about the type of exercise that can be done regularly. The right mix of aerobic, cardio and muscle exercise should do the trick.
- Stay hydrated: Staying hydrated is very important during exercise. Dehydration can bring down the blood-sugar level drastically.
- Be prepared: Carrying a small dose of glucose or a snack can come in handy. In case the blood-sugar level drops to an alarming level while exercising, the glucose will ensure that it brings it back to normal quickly.
- Follow the doctor’s instruction: Alcohol is known to cause a lot of complications for diabetic patients. For people whose diabetes is under control, make sure that the doctor gives his go ahead for alcohol consumption.
- Drink carefully: If you get a doctors nod to drink make sure that dry wines and light beer are consumed. These drinks tend to have lesser calories and carbohydrates. Their impact on the blood-sugar level, therefore, becomes minimal.
- Pattern: Stress greatly increases the blood-sugar level. While it is difficult to be stress-free, try to look for a pattern by checking the blood-sugar level after prolonged stress. This will help to identify a pattern which can then be addressed with methods such as yoga, hobby practicing, laughter therapy, etc.
- Get help: Stress management is not an easy task. If stress cannot be controlled with a conventional approached, it makes sense to get professional help to reduce stress.
Diabetes is a serious disorder which happens when your body has an unreasonably high level of blood sugar, which further leads to harmful effects. Diabetes has a wide variety of complications associated with it, and they start to build up slowly and gradually. Some of the common complications are:
- Retinopathy - In simple words, diabetes leads to eye damage by making the eye exposed and prone to severe eye disorders like cataracts and glaucoma. If you have retinopathy, then you may also have face the consequence loss of vision or permanent blindness.
- Skin conditions - During diabetes, your skin health is bound to degrade to a large extent. Your skin will become thin in texture and more prone to cuts and breakages due to internal skin cell damage. Thus, the skin gets more exposed to the bacterial and viral infections and its healing process also slows down as the cell division takes longer than usual.
- Nephropathy - Nephropathy refers to kidney damage which is caused due to diabetes. The kidneys act as a filter system to the body and they filter out waste materials from the blood. Diabetes causes damage to the blood vessels of the kidneys which may further result in serious kidney disorders and may increase the risks of a sudden kidney failure.
- Cardiovascular diseases - This means that if you are having excessive diabetes, then you are at a risk of having a major heart attack or a heart stroke. Additionally, increased blood sugar levels also lead to other heart-related diseases like chest pain, narrowing of arteries etc.
- Neuropathy - It is a complication related to the nervous system of your body. The complication generally occurs in the legs as there is a numbness, burning or tingling sensation in the legs. This happens due to the extra sugar in the body, which damages the walls of the blood vessels. In the worst case scenario, you can lose sensation in the legs.
However, it is always desirable that you go and visit a doctor if the conditions persist for a longer time. Additionally, you can also depend upon some domestic care measures to bring your blood sugar levels under control.
The process of sperm production is a complex one as it involves not only the perfect functioning of the testicles or testes but also the pituitary glands and the hypothalamus which is located in the brain that triggers the sperm production by producing necessary hormones. Any damage or malfunctioning of any of these organs can significantly reduce the amount of sperm produced by a male body. In India, it is a taboo to talk about male infertility, but in reality, male infertility is on the rise in India due to low sperm production.
Causes of Low Sperm Production
Several causes can be cited for low sperm production. A few prevalent ones are indicated below:
- Varicocele which is a condition in which the veins through which the sperm is drained from the testicles get swollen, and thus the quantity and the quality of the sperm get affected.
- Any infection in the epididymis or the testicles can affect the production of the sperm. There can be some permanent damage to the testicles which causes the sperm production to decrease.
- Due to an Auto immune disease where anti bodies mistakenly destroy the sperms in your own body thereby reducing sperm quantity.
- Hormonal imbalance is a common factor in male as well though it is neglected in India. The pituitary gland might not produce the hormone in the required quantity which is needed for the right amount of sperm production.
- Medication that you are using can interfere with the production of the sperm in your body as certain chemicals can alter the hormonal balance in your body thus affecting the sperm quantity.
- Rarely, a defect in chromosomes can reduce male sperm production. Known as Klinefelter’s syndrome, the male body has 2 X chromosomes instead of 1 X and 1 Y chromosome which causes abnormality in reproductive men and the organs.
The primary symptom of low sperm count is the inability to have an offspring, but there are many other symptoms as well. It has been observed that a male with low sperm count has a little or diminishing sex drive. They might not hold an erection for long or have erectile dysfunction. There can be swelling or pain in the testicles, and you may even have a lump which is a severe case. Due to hormonal disorder, there can be a decrease in the body or facial hairs.
If you have been observing a few of the symptoms mentioned above, it is better to see a doctor on the quick note. Doctors can ask for a semen test to understand the underlying problem. There are surgical as well as medical procedures to increase the sperm count and have a better sexual life.
Heart palpitations have been one of the most common health issues that patients complaints and consult a physician for. In most cases, they are quite benign. But sometimes they could be symptomatic of an underlying heart condition. To diagnose them though, your heart activity needs to be monitored for a period of time. Hence, the use of a heart monitor to make a diagnosis is vital. Heart monitors are diagnostic tools that read the heart’s electrical activity which can be used to prescribe specific therapies and medications.
Types of Heart Monitors-
- Holter Monitors
- Event Monitors
A portable battery operated device can be worn for a period of 24-48 hours. With wires that have silver coin-sized electrodes that can be attached to your skin comfortably, they record your ECG continuously.
An event monitor records the patient’s heart rhythm and rates for a few weeks up to 30 days to determine the cause of a transient event. It is used to monitor patients whose symptoms are infrequent and unpredictable, to allow for a greater chance to capture an irregularity.
Worn throughout the day or two days, it is used to detect cardiac conditions like atrial fibrillation or a possible stroke When experiencing symptoms, the recording is initiated by the patient for a brief period to record the event.
How do heart monitors work?
Irregular heart rhythms can come and go. Heart monitors record heartbeat over a long period of time as you go about your daily, normal activities. It helps evaluate if your medications are working, if you have other symptoms like faintness, or if your heart is getting enough oxygen.
Difference between a fitness tracker and a heart monitor
A fitness tracker will only record your heart rate. A heart monitor tracks heart rate and also the more specific ECG information and heart rhythm.
Risks of heart monitors
There are no risk factors involved with the use of a heart monitor. Since the electrodes are taped to your chest with adhesives, if you allergic it may cause some mild skin irritation.
How to use a heart monitor?
A trained technician will attach the electrodes to your chest. You might have to shave a patch of chest hair to ensure that the electrodes attach firmly. Since they are portable, you will be able to carry it in your pocket quite easily or sling it across your shoulders. You will be required to keep a diary of your activities through the day. You will also have to make a note in your diary if you experience any symptom like dizziness, shortness of breath or chest pain. These notes will then be compared to the changes in your ECG recorded by your heart monitor.
Since they are basically electromagnetic devices there are a few simple precautions one needs to take when wearing a heart monitor. They are-
- Remove the heart monitor before you take a bath or a shower, or go for a swim.
- Do not take an X-ray test while wearing the monitor.
- Keep away from high voltage areas, large magnets and metal detectors.
If the rhythm and rates of the monitor show an underlying symptom, your cardiac physician can then diagnose it. They are also helpful in diagnosing patients with severe anxiety and panic disorders. And since these monitors are connected to a database, they offer diagnostics in real time and with higher accuracy.
The acronym for 'Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome' is AIDS. In fact, it must be understood that AIDS is not a singular disease, but a syndrome, or rather a set of diseases. People suffering from AIDS suffer from an immensely compromised immune system that makes them vulnerable to a number of diseases. Once infected with HIV, it may take anywhere between 5-10 years to develop AIDS.
Some of the major symptoms of AIDS are:
- Lethargy and fatigue
- Skin irritation
- Drastic loss of weight
- Loss of appetite
- Bronchial ailments- which often lead to end stage tuberculosis of the lungs
- Diarrhea, gastritis and dysentery
- Prolonged fever
- Sleeplessness and others
How is AIDS treated by Ayurveda?
Tonics, also known as ‘Rasayanas’ in Ayurveda are administered for stimulating appetite and strengthening immunity. Once enough strength is regained, an elimination technique is administered by incorporating enemas, emesis and purgation in the treatment. This process is known as ‘Sodhana’ and is carried out to eliminate toxins from the body.
Next the patient’s blood is purified with appropriate herbal medications. Apart from this, AIDS patients are advised to perform regular exercise, yoga and pranayama.