Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Patient Review Highlights
Stay away from direct sunlight. Exposure to too much sunlight can be harmful to the skin. You probably already know that it can cause skin cancer, but did you know that it can exacerbate acne.
For 5-10 minutes, dip your toe nails in a warm salt water solution if they have become too difficult or thick to cut.
4-5 hours prior to washing your hair, apply almond, castor, olive, coconut and lavender oil in a mixed proportion which will provide moisture to your hair.
Sunscreen is the real fountain of youth. Get into the habit of applying sunscreen or a lotion with minimum spf 15 to 30 protection daily. Remember that the sun's rays can still be damaging in winter months as it reflects off snow.
An oil massage is one of the best remedies for dry skin. Using an anti-aging oil would be best as it would be highly absorbant.
Dip your gentle Nails into warm Olive oil every once in a while for 15-20 minutes to make them hard.
It is a well-documented fact in medical science that the ultraviolet rays and radiation have been considered as too carcinogenic for humans. This is a fact that has been endorsed by the World Health Organisation (WHO). These rays can causes a number of skin problems ranging from premature aging to skin cancer in case a person is exposed to the sun for prolonged periods of time. Read this article to know how sun exposure can put your aging process on the fast track.
- All about UV Radiation: UV or ultraviolet radiation is found in the sunlight which travels to the Earth in the form of electromagnetic waves. This radiation passes through the ozone layers with the sunlight and gets absorbed as waves of energy that one cannot physically see or feel. So, if we were to avoid wearing protective clothing, hats and sunscreen, then we would be exposed to these harmful rays. Aging is the number one form of damage that can be caused due to these UV rays which are also classified as UVA or UVB. These rays are the number one cause of premature aging, while smoking comes in a close second.
- Skin Cells: The UV rays basically have an adverse effect on the skin cells which can also spread to the DNA in our skin. This can have a negative effect on the protective functions of our skin which in turn, affects the way our dead skin cells get replenished. It can also affect the production of collagen which is the chemical that keeps our skin supple and young looking. It also has a bearing on how many other chemicals are produced in our body. Over production of certain chemicals can also spell doom and lead to premature aging and pigmentation. Melanin is one such chemical which can cause deep tanning and pigmentation if it is present in large quantities - a problem faced mainly due to sun exposure.
- Photoaging: When the sun damages our skin due to prolonged exposure, this can be termed as photoaging in medical terms. This also signifies the loss of the skin's ability to repair itself due to repeated episodes of being in the sun without ample protection, which can impair the collagen production as mentioned above. This will result in a loss of skin elasticity which in turn, will lead to sagging skin.
- Skin Changes: The changes in the skin will get tattooed onto the skin's memory which will retain its leathery texture that would be a result of too much sun exposure over time. This can also lead to premature aging.
Always step out with plenty of protection and do not stay in the Sun for too long in order to avoid this condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
I develop red spots on face after threading. My doctor prescribe me azifast 500 after taking it I vomits, motions starts. So next day he prescribe me to take ocid 20 mg before azifast 500. Is this right treatment? As I am little scared now.
I am 22 years old female. Am having stretch marks on my stomach and breast could you please tell me how I can remove that without any laser treatment?
If sunburn is taking the mickey out of your fun time in the sun or your summer vacation, then you may want to read this article or pin it up where you can see it every day. Sunburn is something that does not show up immediately. It can happen when you have been in the sun for too long a time, and without the protection of proper clothing, hats, glares and sunscreen lotions.
So what can you do when you feel that first sting of sunburn? Here's our list!
- Swift Action: You will need to act fast towards cooling down the onset of a sunburn. Taking a quick dip in a pool or a lake if you are near one can help in soothing the area so that the sunburn is not too bad. Also, you can then cover yourself up and step indoors immediately, where you will be properly shaded from the sun. You can continue with the cool treatment by using a cold or ice compress to press around the area that is burning or has been most affected. Remember to stay away from the exact spot as it may lead to inflammation.
- Avoid Drying: Do not let the area become too dry. Take frequent showers but stay away from harsh soaps as they may make the area dry which leads to chapping and pain.
- Breathe: Allow the skin to breathe. Do not obstruct the area with too many items of clothing and wear cotton fabric or other light weight clothing that will protect the area and let the skin breathe. Stay away from tight clothes as this may lead to chafing of the skin and the sunburns.
- Moisturise: One good way of getting rid of sunburns quickly is to moisturise as soon as you have had a bath or a shower. This will help in locking in moisture which is not really possible when you moisturise the surface later. Use a gentle lotion or cream based moisturiser and stay away from products that contain petroleum gel as this may irritate the skin further and clog the area instead of getting absorbed into the skin.
- Inflammation: Tackle inflammation by taking corticosteroids or other anti inflammatory drugs. These should be prescribed by a doctor. Aloe Vera can also be used to soothe the inflammation.
- Hydrate: Drink plenty of fluids for fast regeneration of the skin cells and so that the burns do not draw the fluid from the surface if the skin.
Take all the necessary precautions before you step out for some fun in the sun with proper sunscreen and protective clothing as well!
I had some black spots on my face after punching the pimples is there any cream or ointment to remove black spots please refer me.
Summer is a time when we like to step out in style. And, style does not merely mean getting the latest pieces from the runway for your wardrobe. It also means having a well groomed appearance that is free of any signs of neglect. The skin is the first area that draws the attention of people and should be maintained well, especially during harsh summer months, which are also filled with holidays and outings with near and dear ones. One way of taking care of your skin is with laser resurfacing. Let us find out more.
- Definition: Laser resurfacing uses beams of lasers to reduce the appearance of fine lines on the facial skin. It is also a good method for treating skin irregularities that may come about due to the process of aging or the ravages of too much sun exposure as well as stressful lifestyles where late hours have become the norm. With the technique used in this process, pulsating beams of light are trained on the irregular portions of the facial skin so as to remove the skin, one layer at a time. This method is also known as lasabrasion or laser peeling.
- Candidates: To find out if you are a good candidate for this kind of a procedure, you will need to take a good hard look at yourself. If you notice the advent of fine lines and wrinkles that are marring your features and making your skin look uneven even as the sagging is beginning to show up in some parts, then you may want to consider this treatment. You can also have a check up done at a dermatologist's office to ensure that you are a good candidate for this treatment. If you have acne or very dark hued skin, then you cannot qualify for this treatment. Also, this procedure cannot fix stretch marks.
- Types of Lasers: There are two kinds of lasers that are used in this treatment. The first is carbon dioxide or CO2 lasers and the second is Erbium lasers. While CO2 lasers can deal with wrinkles, warts, and scars with short pulsed light concentrations, Erbium laser resurfacing can remove the surface level and deeper lines and wrinkles with minimal burning as far as the surrounding tissue goes. This is a good method in case you have darker skin and the side effects are very mild. The side effects of the Erbium laser resurfacing method consist of swelling and bruising while the recovery time is about two to three weeks.
So get ready to shine with sparkling skin that is not marred with any lines and scars, this Summer!