Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Blood in Stools
Treatment Of Alcoholic Liver Disease
Treatment of Peptic Ulcers
Treatment of Gastric Trouble
Treatment of GERD
Treatment of Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Treatment of Hepatitis B Infection
Treatment of Digestive Disorders
Treatment of Burning Sensation in Stomach
Treatment of Stomach Cramps
Treatment of Liver Disease
Treatment of Chronic Pancreatitis
Treatment of Gastritis
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis
Treatment of Amoebiasis
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav MaheshwariYour feedback matters!
I suffer lower abdominal pain from. Many days. And many times I face to infection of stomach and urinary track infection. I have acidity and feeling low, sleepy. I am. Married from. Last 3 years but don't have child because I don't want to sex from last 2 years and if I try to it will painful. Please help.
I am 52 years old some time I suffer from stomach pain on gas pass through up or down. And Due to acidity chest fell like vomiting. Please suggest
Please prescribe medications for treatment of fissure. Pilokem ointment is used and she is feeling bit relief. Intense pain with burning. No blood while passing stools. My mothers age is 60.
I want to know How to cure bloating stomach? My fat is not increasing but the stomach is getting bloated, please tell me what to do and what to eat? Also want to know is there any problem in my liver?
I have gastritis from a long period, burning sensation in the upper abdomen, very difficult for digestion and bowel movement. I have done h pylori test, IGA and IGG. I am attaching the reports. Pls tell me if I have h pylori infection. Or should I do any other test to find out. Thank you.
I have abnormal timing of bowel evacuation, i.e instead of morning I use to evacuate stools during the day or night, and during most of the day, I have persistent urge to defecate but there is no actual defecation at that time, please suggest something useful. Thanks.
Mere stomach me left side me jalan or dard rahta hai or kuch bhi khao baar baar motion ke liye jana padta h problem kese sahi hogi? Please advise
I am having Indigestion, stomach pain and loose motions. What is the diet and medicine I need to take? I had taken to much food from few days like fast foods ,tiffins, etc. So please help me to solve the problems?
I am suffering from obesity. I also referred to the doctor he told that there is problem in liver now what to do please suggest me something for liver problem?
My B12 level is 267 pg/ml .I am feeling tired a lot and getting tingling in fingers .I have digestion problems too and get stomach upset very fast. Please suggest some treatment.
Dear doctor Last week I gone to a clinic for stomach upset. Which is near by my home. During checking doctor told that my liver and spleen has enlarged. Hence she advised to go for a master check up for further treatment. Now I need a suggestion from your side. What are the foods to eat to recover from these problem. And please explain me that. How my liver and spleen is enlarged. I don't have the habit of smoke and drinking. My doubt is that. If we are not maintaining proper diet. Will lead to liver enlarge. Another thing. I am having the habit of masturbation, my doubt is. Even masturbating will cause this side effects. Please clear my doubts doctor. Regards
I am suffering from ibs, diarrhea from last few years about 3 times a day I have to go to toilet. Please advise me
Hi I want to gain weight up to 65 kg now I am 45 kg. I have digestion problem like what ever food I eat it comes as it is? Please advise
I am always gastric. I try and avoid all heavy food but inspite of that I feel bloated and gastric what is the remedy? it can be very embarrassing if you keep farting all the time.
My Liver is mildly enlarged and reveals two hypoechoic area measuring 7.4×6.8×6.5 cms (vol 173) & 2.6 × 2.1 × 1.8 cms (vol 5 cc) in right lobe of liver s/o evolving liver abscess. Is this a savior condition and what should I do for it.
My stomach has burning to the extent I have to hold it tight and after drinking water 2 glass I feel or gelusil give suggestion or any other alternative.
I hv bn suffering from stomach pain and acidity problem since 2016. I hv consulted with 2 gastrolegids but pain still exists. Due to this my stomach is bulgy. Need a good remedy for same.
Crohn's Disease is a medical condition that falls under the category of Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Crohn's disease triggers inflammation of the digestive tract resulting in ulcerations and sores, mostly affecting people between 17-30 years (people of other age groups can also be affected). The inflammatory disease is a chronic illness that gives rise to a host of complications such as frequent and chronic diarrhea, fever, rapid weight loss, abdominal pain, to name a few.
Unfortunately, there is no permanent treatment available for Crohn's Disease. However, effective remedies and treatments are available to reduce and manage the symptoms and complications associated with Crohn's Disease. Many people dealing with Crohn's Disease have benefitted immensely from surgery.
When surgery is recommended for Crohn's Disease?
A surgery becomes essential when the medicines and other nonsurgical treatments fail to control or manage the symptoms and complications triggered by Crohn's Disease, some of which include
- Severe intestinal inflammation followed by uncontrolled bleeding
- There is a bowel abscess or a perforation
- Toxic Megacolon (a fatal condition whereby the large intestine swells up and also becomes dilated due to the inflammation that affects the intestinal walls)
- An intestinal blockage or narrowing of the intestinal
The surgery for a Crohn's Disease can be of different types depending on the part of the digestive tract affected.
- Colectomy: This is mainly carried out in the case of the Crohn's Disease causing such extensive damage to the colon that it needs to be surgically removed. Following the removal of the colon, the small intestine may be connected to the rectum to ensure that the bowel movement is not affected.
- Bowel Resection: A bowel resection is usually performed to treat a fistula or to get rid of the diseased and inflamed portion of the intestine to avoid further aggravation.
- Proctocolectomy (Ileostomy): This surgery is performed to get rid of both the rectum and the colon affected extensively by Crohn's Disease. Here also, post removal of the organs, the surgeon connects the small intestine (end part or the ileum) to the stroma or a small opening in the abdomen. This rearrangement is done to ensure that the wastes from the small intestine get eliminated.
- Stricturoplasty: This surgery goes a long way to open up the areas of the small intestine that have narrowed down due to Crohn's Disease.
Risks associated with the surgery
Every surgery comes with their share of side-effects and risks. In the case of Crohn's Disease, the surgeries can give rise to complications such as
- Pain, swelling, bruising is common.
- There may be Infection at the site of the incision.
- Scarring at the incision site.
- There can be a blockage of the bowel (temporary or short-term)
- Surgical removal of the diseased part of the small intestine can trigger inadequate absorption of the vital nutrients (Short-Gut Syndrome).