Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in borivali west,mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arpan R. Doshi
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Arpan R. DoshiYour feedback matters!
Hello, please plz help. Actually, I am taking patanjali giloy vati twice a day after meal since 1 month. Then I noticed, when I go for fresh early morning then I see small quantity of blood with stool most of the time. Is anything serious? Why this blood is coming with stool? Giloy should not be harmful? please plz suggest.
Diabetes is the new-age epidemic. With changing lifestyles, it is affecting the younger age group, and because diabetes touches all body systems, the complications are too many and earlier the disease onset, more the complications.
Unani medicine system originated in Greece and believes the body has 4 body fluids. The body naturally maintains a balance between these to ensure overall good health. This is known as body’s self-preservation mechanism. According to Unani, diseases are also a natural part of the body’s processes, and the symptoms manifested depend on the disease. Diabetes is a result of excessive sugar levels in the body, and according to Unani is caused by very high temperament of the kidneys, and therefore eliminate water as it is taken into the body.
Causes: According to Unani, diabetes is a result of:
Diabetes is known in the Unani system as Ziabetes or Dolab and known as Ziabetes Shakri (shakri for sugar).
- When the urination and thirst frequency is higher, it is Ziabetes Haar
- When the urination and thirst frequency is lower, it is Ziabetes Barid
- Based on the presence or absence of sugar in the urine, Ziabetes shakri and Ziabetes sada respectively.
Symptoms of diabetes include:
- Increased thirst
- Increased urination
- Increased appetite
Diabetes also predisposes a person to chronic heart disease, obesity, high cholesterol levels, kidney problems, foot problems, eye problems, nervous system issues, etc.
Some of the common remedies used for managing diabetes in Unani are listed below. None of these should be taken on your own, as diabetes is a complex medical condition and needs thorough assessment before beginning medication.
- Jamun: This is used in multiple ways – the seeds can be dried and powdered and mixed with lukewarm water to make a morning drink. Alternately, the leaves can be chewed for good benefit. The fresh fruit also can be consumed for good sugar control
- Neem: Again, the tender bark can be chewed to control sugar. The leaves can be chewed or used to make a juice which can be consumed in the morning to purify blood and control sugar levels.
- Karela Bark: Bitter gourd is one of the best known natural anti-diabetic agents. The juice can be consumed 2 to 3 times a day, and it has a chemical which helps control sugar levels.
- Bel leaves: This can be boiled in water, and the mixture strained and consumed through the day.
Other remedies include cotton seeds, binola berry, black cumin, and gurmar booti. Unani also believes diabetes can be prevented with lifestyle changing including diet and exercise and avoiding alcohol and smoking in excess. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!