Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bikaner and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My child is 5 years old, she has power of -2.5 on both eyes, how to rectify this through foods and any exercises.?
My son is 5 years old. Since 1 year of age, he is having problem of severe constipation. We are bound to give him daily toll softener medicine for passing of stool. Without medicine immediately the stools becomes too tight and we are bound to use suppository/ anima. Kindly suggest permanent solution.
Hi sir. My daughter age 3 yrs. Now a problem no 1 enlarged adenoids. Doctor will do operation, And another problem doctor telling to get mucopolysaccharides problem tell what I can do. Please help me.
Hi, my son is 2 years 6 months, I have some doubts. Can I give him raw egg, or boiled egg, which time is perfect to give? He will not drink milk, he needs coffee or tea, is it okay? Or any effects. What could I give him best energy drink?
I am 3 months 2 days pregnant. However my pregnancy is through IVF 1st cycle. I am on duphaston & sustain (insert one), frolic acid, iron & calcium tablet. Still my doctor says to continue all 3 for 1 more month and later will see. I am confused. How long I have to take these many medi.
???? ?????? ?? ????? ???? ???? ???? ?? ?? ???? ???? ?? ??? ?? ???? ???????? ?? ???? ?? ????? ????? ????? ??? ???? ??????? ?? ????? ???? ???
Hi my baby was diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux with suspected uti. And was put on antibiotics till date. She was 2 months old at diag. Now she is normal. Should we need to continue the med. Dose 1.5ml septron.
Many a times parents do not stop/ignore unacceptable behaviors in the initial stages, this may lead to increased frequency and higher intensity of misconduct. Nip the bad behavior in the bud.
My baby is 15 months old and his weight is approx 8 kg. I had found worms (thin white) in stool. What medicine should I use and dosage?
In 6th week of my baby, doctor gave her "Rota vac, easy five, pnemococal vaccines; IPV doesn't given. Can we take that vaccine in next month?
Hello Doctors, My Son born on 10th APR-2016 with weight of 1.96 Kg with 34 Weeks 6 Days as Late Pre Term and from that day onwards we used to feed him both DBF PRE-NAN and the same PRE-NAN still we are continuing with 30 ml every 2 hrs other than the DBF. So my question here is that, is it ok to continue with PRE-NAN or something else need to change? Because now my kid is with 38 Weeks 3 Days. Kindly suggest. Thanks.
Hello sir, a 2 months old child have high temperature in head and low in foot in full day, what the problem & treatment?
For the last one month my 5 years old daughter has been complaining of stomach ache but nothing serious or acute. Buy last 3 days she is having fever and refusing to eat. Though fever has reduced today but she is not eating and complaining of stomach ache n legs pain. Doctor has advised to give drotin ds suspension if she had acute pain in stomach but she says it not too much but refuses to eat or drink as she says her stomach pain. Should I giv the medicine. Pls help. She is restless for 3 nights. Crying and waking up.
In India 61 million people are victims of diabetes. Diabetes disease is related to metabolic, in which oxidation of carbohydrates and glucose is not fully detected. Diabetes mellitus is a chronic metabolic disorder in which the body fails to convert sugars, starches and other foods into energy. Many of the foods you eat are normally converted into a type of sugar called glucose during digestion. The bloodstream then carries glucose through the body. The hormone, insulin, then turns glucose into quick energy or is stored for futher use. In diabetic people, the body either does not make enough insulin or it cannot use the insulin correctly. This is why too much glucose builds up in the bloodstream.
The main reason is irregular meal, mental stress, lack of exercise. There are two major types of diabetes:
- This is popularly known as juvenile onset diabetes.
- Here, the body produces little or no insulin. It occurs most often in childhood or in the teens and could be inherited.
- People with this type of diabetes need daily injections of insulin. They must balance their daily intake of food and activities carefully with their insulin shots to stay alive.
- Also known as adult onset diabetes, this occurs around 35 to 40 years. The more common of the two types, it accounts for about 80 per cent of the diabetics.
- Here, though the pancreas produce adequate insulin, body cells show reduced sensitivity towards it.
- Type 2 diabetes is usually triggered by obesity. The best way to fight it is by weight loss, exercise and dietary control.
- Sometimes, oral medication or insulin injections are also needed.
- Extreme thirst and hunger
- Frequent urination
- Sores or bruises that heal slowly
- Dry, itchy skin
- Unexplained weight loss
- Unusual tiredness or drowsiness
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feetsymptoms of diabetes
The role of diet in diabetes
Meal of diabetic patient is depending on calories. Which decides on it s age, weight, gender, height, working etc. Depending on each person s different different dietary chart is created. We must take special care of time and amount of food in diabetes. Here we are giving diet chart for general diabetes patient.
Diabetes diet chart:
- Morning at 6: teaspoon fenugreek (methi) powder + water.
- Morning at 7: 1 cup sugar free tea + 1-2 mary biscuits.
- Morning at 8.30: 1 plate upma or oatmeal + half bowl sprouted grains + 100ml cream-free milk without sugar
- Morning at 10.30: 1 small fruit or 1 cup thin and sugar free buttermilk or lemon water
- Lunch at 1: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, 1 bowl yogurt, half cup soybean or cheese vegetable, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 4 pm: 1 cup tea without sugar + 1-2 less sugar biscuits or toast
- 6 pm: 1 cup soup
- 8.30 pm: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 10.30 pm: take 1 cup cream free milk without sugar.
When you feel hungry intake raw vegetables, salad, black tea, soups, thin buttermilk, lemon water. Avoid it: molasses, sugar, honey, sweets, dry fruits. Foods you must avoid!
- Salt: salt is the greatest culprit for diabetics. You get enough salt from vegetables in inorganic form, so reduce the intake of inorganic salt.
- Sugar: sucrose, a table sugar, provides nothing but calories and carbohydrates. Also, you need calcium to digest sucrose. Insufficient sucrose intake might lead to calcium being leached off the bones. Substitute sucrose with natural sugar, like honey, jaggery (gur), etc.
- Fat: excessive fat intake is definitely not a good habit. Try and exclude fried items from your diet totally. But, remember, you must have a small quantity of oil to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, especially vitamin E.
- For non-vegetarians: Try and stop the intake of red meat completely. Try to go in for a vegetarian diet. If you cannot, decrease the consumption of eggs and poultry. You can, however, eat lean fish two to three times a week.
- Whole milk and products: Try to switch to low fat milk and its products like yogurt (curd). Replace high fat cheese with low fat cottage cheese.
- Tea and coffee: Do not have than two cups of the conventional tea or decaffeinated coffee every day. Try to switch to herbal teas.
- White flour and its products: Replace these with whole grains, wholewheat or soya breads and unpolished rice.
- Foods with a high glycemic index: Avoid white rice, potatoes, carrots, breads and banana -- they increase the blood-sugar levels.
Advice for diabetes patient:
- 35-40 minute faster walk every day.
- Diabetic person should eat food between times intervals like take breakfast in morning, lunch, some snakes and dinner.
- Avoid oily food.
- Intake more fiber foods in meals. It increases glucose level gradually in blood and keeps control.
- Do not take fast and also don t go much party.
- Diabetic person should eat food slowly.
- An obese middle aged or elderly patient with mild diabetes 1000 -1600 kcal.
- An elderly diabetic but not over weight 1400 -1800 kcal.
- A young active diabetic 1800 -3000 kcal.
- Daily intake of carbohydrate: 1/10th of total calories approximately 180gm.
- Daily intake of protein: 60gm to 110gm.
- Daily intake of fat: 50gm to 150gm.
When she is born she was normal after completing ten months when she takes her first step she fall from walker. Her left part paralyzed in few hours but we don't understand what is actual problem. Dr. Also don't understand than we go to jaipur hospital sartorial Duralbji. Dr. jain (pediatrician) give her aspirin table for six months. Physiotherapy started and after three months hand and leg caliper we use for her. I regularly do her exercise. Now she is better but not perfectly fine. She not use her left hand properly and her leg knee also go back side. Please help me I want to see her in perfect condition.
Hello Doctors, My son having 4 months age and from yesterday he is having cold so we given CORIMINIC drops - 4 ml once in the morning as per doctor earlier prescribed. If it is not clear can we give one more time the same drop today evening? And also it will be great if you are suggesting anything. Thanks.
Hello Friends, I’m Dr.Vikas Deshmukh. I’m a neuro-psychiatrist and sexologist working in Navi Mumbai, Vashi area. So today, we are going to talk about ADHD.
So, what exactly is ADHD and why is it important to you?
ADHD means Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. So the name itself is self explanatory. So in ADHD there are three major components. One, is inattention. Other is hyperactivity and the last is, impulsivity. Early diagnosis and management of ADHD is very important or else it can ruin your child’s academic or career. So the first symptom of ADHD is inattention. Inattention is not noticeable until the child goes to school.
Most of the time inattention could be neglected at home. In inattention the child might be procrastinating the things, not completing the task, switching from one uncompleted task to another uncompleted task, unable to complete both the tasks. So symptoms can be disorganized, bahut messy rahega child, bilkul he cheezein yahan wahan padi hui hai, systematically kuch dhang se kaam nahi ho pa raha hai use. Then he is not able to focus on certain topic. Teacher padha rahi hai toh ye choti si awaz aayegi toh uska dhyaan wahan jayega, teacher jo padha rahi hai who likh nahi payega theek se, small small mistakes he’ll make, likhte hue bhi ek word gayab ho jayega, ek word mein kahin ek letter gayab ho jayega, kabhi kabhi cheexein bhool kar aane – bhoolna, forgetfulness is also a very common symptom. Pen bhoolke aayega, pencil bhool ke aayega, eraser bhool ke aayega, kabhi kabhi tiffin, kabhi water bottle bhool kar aayega. This is very common.
- Inattentiveness mein ek aur bhi chhez hai jaise ki aap usko bulaoge toh ek baar mein woh aapke taraf dhyaan nahi de payega. You have to call him multiple times. “Arre beta mein ne kitni baar bola, kitni baar mein aap ko yeh sab sunaya. Agar usko aap kuch kaam bolte ho, jaise teen se chaar cheezein ek saath bolte ho toh who saare teen chaar kaam ek saath dhyaan mein nahi rakh pata hai. Koi na koi cheez hundred percent bhoolega. Yeh inattention mein bahut common hai.
- Second one is hyperactivity. Hyperactivity mein child is very hyper, not able to sit in one place, constant fidgeting, squirming in their seat, fidgeting means kuch na kuch movement chalu rahega – haath ka, per ka, kuch na kuch – bina hile beth nahi sakta baccha. Isko bolte hai constant fidgeting and squirming in the seat. Kuch nahi rahega toh seat pe he idhar udhar apne aap mein hona. Yeh sab who baccha aapko karte hue dikhai dega. Hyperactivity mein aur ek cheez, you feel as if uss ke andar motor fix kiya hai, continuously on the move, unable to stop at all.
- The next thing we can see is trouble playing quiet games like Chess or pursuing quiet hobbies, he can not do that. Then, talks excessively, bahut zyada baat karna ki usko stop karna mushkil ho jata hai. And in adult and teenage, this hyperacticity can be seen in the form of inner restlessness. Who andar se restless feel hota hai unko. You may not see that hyperactivity physically but that inner restlessness is there.
- So the third part is impulsivity. Impulsivity is when the child is impatient. He cannot wait for his turn. Queue mein agar khara hai, toh “Arre mera number kyun nahi aa raha hai hai, kyun mein itne der se khara hoon.” If you ask him a question, before completion of the question he will blurt out the answer. “Teacher answer yeh hai, teacher yeh hai.” He can make multiple mistakes for that. Frequently interrupts others. Do bade baat kar rahe ho toh baat khatam hone tak rukega nahi, beech mein aa ke aap ko disturb karega. Aap ko lagega har baccha aisa karta hai but hamesha agar bacha karta rahe toh this is a sign of ADHD.
Kabhi kabhi agar kar raha hai toh it’s okay, jab usko urgency rahega, jab usko kahin jaa na rahega. Starting conversations at inappropriate times is also a sign of ADHD.
So ADHD manage karna kyun zaroori hai?
ADHD mainly do components ko bahut zyada affect karta hai. One is academic and other is socialization. Toh academics mein kaise ADHD kaise harm kar sakega? For example, if your kid has an IQ jisse use ninety percent marks aa sakte hai aaram se but if he is not able to pay attention aur woh studies mein focus nahi kar payega, attention nahi de payega teacher kya padha rahi hai, books mein kya likha hua hai, toh who padhke apne brain mein register nahi kar payega. So attention is first required for registration. Then, again, when he wants to recall it, tab bhi use dimaag shant rakh ke recall karna padta hai. Tab bhi use recall karne ke liye attention chahiye. Toh jo ninety percent ka baccha hai agar usko ADHD hai, according to the severity of ADHD, he can slip down to sixty percent, fifty percent, or forty percent. So aaj kal ki zindagi main ek ek marks ke liye bhi bahut tagra competition hai, you know that. Agar ye competition mein itna agar bacche ka performance kum ho gaya toh this is very dangerous for the career of your child. So time pe ilaaj hona zaroori hai. Doosra behviour mein, socialization mein farak dikhta hai. Agar mein kahin galti karta hoon ya mujhse koi galti hoti hai aur woh mere parents ko, mere teachers ko pasand nahi aayi toh I should be attentive ki mein uss cheez ko dhyaan mein rakhu. Dhyaan mein rakhne ke liye mujhe attention chahiye, “Arre haan mummy ne last time aise bola tha, mummy ko ye pasand nahi aaya tha, teacher ko who cheez pasand nahi aayi thi”. Yeh mere dimaag mein register hona chahiye, yeh register hone ke baad mein jab next time kaam karoonga, tab mujhe who samajh mein ayega ki “arre haan, nahi last time yeh galti kiya tha, mummy ko pasand nahi aaya tha, ab yeh nahi karna chahiye.” But yeh attention he mere paas nahi rahega toh wahi galtiyan mein roz karoonga. Kal bhi maine maar khaaya tha, aaj bhi mein maar khaaonga, aur parso bhi mein maar khaane wala hoon. So this is a part and parcel of life ho jaata hai, aur wahi wahi galtiyaan repeat hoti hai. Toh patient khud ke ilava kissi aur ke bare mein soch nahi pata. Toh woh socialization mein kaafi peeche pad jaata hai.
Is ke treatment part mein kya aata hai?
First is Occupational Therapy jiss mein child ka hyperactivity kaafi hadh tak kum hota hai. Second is parenting techniques ki baccho ko behavioural therapy mein daal kar ke kaise uska parenting kiya jaaye. And third one is medicines. Medicine is a very important part of therapy. Most of the parents ask us ki arre itne chote bache ko medicines chalu karenge, kuch side effects hoga toh, kuch problem hua toh? Minor side effects medicines ke rehte hai but those side effects can be managed with proper consultation. Aur yeh medicines baccho ke liye he banaya gaya hai toh baccho ko yahi dena padega. Baccho ko sardi khaasi ho gaya, baccho ko bukhar aa gaya tabh aap bolte ho ki baccho ko medicine nahi dena chahiye? Agar who baccho ke liye banaya gaya hai toh who baccho ko he dena padega. So hope this discussion is helpful for you and please be proactive and seek help.
Don’t let ADHD destroy your child’s future. For more information, you can contact me on www.lybrate.com.
Thank you very much!