Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Patient Review Highlights
You often consume a much higher amount of sugar than you should actually, as it is widely present in a very high number of foods and beverages. Research suggests that this excessive sugar consumption may ultimately be very harmful for your health - and that it may badly harm your skin. Experts believe that too much intake of sugar can make your skin look wrinkled or dull, and also lead to a host of other skin-related disorders. Here are the ways in which excessive sugar consumption affects your skin:
- Causes inflammation: Inflammation, caused by excess sugar intake, can be really damaging for the body - especially because it negatively impacts your immune system, and may lead to frequent breakouts on the skins and increased chances of pimples or warts.
- Increases wrinkling: Sugar's inflammatory properties not only lead to breakouts on the skin, but also cause wrinkles. Collagen, which is essential for healthy, supple skin, is broken down by sugar, which makes the skin look dehydrated and dull, also increasing the chances of premature wrinkling.
- Causes imbalances in blood sugar level: Excessive sugar consumption causes irregularities in blood sugar levels by initially increasing sugar levels, which then reduces when insulin in released into your cells. It often ends up making you hungry, moody or shaky and increases stress levels leading to dull looking skin.
- Leads to occurrence of acne: Increased intake of sugar results in stimulation of hormone levels which raises sebum production and in turn affects growth of skin cells. This may be reason of acne. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
I am 18 years boy. I had a Post Auricular Dermoid Cyst on my ear. Will it goes after surgery. Can you explain about Post Auricular Dermoid Cyst.
I have hairs on my hands and legs but it is normal only but I do not even want that so I decided to do laser hair removal for my both hands and legs can you anybody please tell the approx cost for laser hair removal for both hands and both legs.
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (POS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
How do I get rid of a tan line? It is because of the turban I wear. Please suggest something? Thankyou:)
Flawless skin is becoming a thing of the past. Skin problems like acne, pimples, freckles, fine lines and wrinkles, to name a few are on a mercurial rise. Many find their skin to be losing its radiance at an alarming rate.
Water is one of the most important components that help in the process of digestion, blood circulation, mineral absorption and can have positive impact on your skin. Dehydration can take a toll on your skin, leaving it dry and lifeless. In order to ensure the health of your skin, it is highly recommended to keep your system hydrated. Following are the benefits of water:
- Moisturizes dry skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles: Insufficient intake of water makes your skin appear dry and flaky; such a skin is more prone to wrinkling. When you drink sufficient water your skin cells hydrate from within. Hydrated skin is resilient in nature and therefore, it has less chance of suffering from premature wrinkling.
- Makes your skin appear younger: It is advised to drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day to keep your body hydrated. The condition of your health can be analyzed from the condition of your skin, as a body that is hydrated well, makes your skin appear healthy too.
- Get rid of dark circles: The problem of dark circles arises over the years due to the damage of the capillaries under the eyes. The skin around the eyes is thinner than facial skin, which hinders the smooth flow of fluid through them. Plenty intake of water on a regular basis can reduce the appearance of dark circles dramatically, making your skin appear healthy.
- Keeps skin soft: Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough. Intake of adequate water hydrates the skin cells and makes them function properly, making your skin soft and supple.
- Improves skin tone: Water is known for its abilities to flush out toxins from your system and for maintaining the proper functioning of your kidneys. Sufficient intake of water ensures that harmful toxins and impurities are regularly flushed out of your system, thereby, adding a healthy glow to your skin.
Hii, I have problem pigmentation from my face. I want to know about the laser treatment. Can you help me its a permanent treatment of pigmentation. thank you Raj kumar.
Hii doctor, I'm basically a sales engineer byvprofession and I spend most of my time in hot sun light on field or while riding the bike, I use sun cream. But still my face and hand are fully tan now. Please help me how to protect my skin from tan while riding bike and be in sun light Thank you.
Can stretched open pores are possible to treat completely if I consult dermatologist and take treatment.
Hello, I have a bald patch in my beard. Round in shape and big as a coin. I noticed it around a week ago. Please advise. Thanks,
How to get a natural pink lips forever? Can you suggest a cream for pink lips or some natural remedy? Plzzz.
I have foot callus recurrence after surgical removal. I do not want to go for one more surgery. What are the home remedies for corn and calluses?
I have skinn burning problem when I come in contact with sun. So please give a tips to get out this problem.
My skin gets red n starts itching and sometimes also swells I think it is a kind of some allergy tell me some solution for this query. What should be the solution for this thing I want to know as soon as possible tell me fast I will be waiting for yoyears answer ok thank you.
Mere private part me aksar ringworm ho jata hai aur is bar 3-4 machine se bahut bada ringworm aur khaj ho gaya hai Jo kafi spread ho gaya hai aur 3-4 tube Neo clobenate GM cream use kar chuka koi faida nahi ho raha hai. Please help. Kon si medicine, cream and soap use karu.
Which moisturiser will work best for your skin type?
Moisturisers are extremely essential during winters for keeping your skin soft and hydrated. The chief function of moisturisers is to ensure that the outermost layer of your skin can hold water to prevent the skin from becoming dry and charred. But, any moisturiser you choose randomly might not be effective for your skin. For making the most of your moisturiser choose one that is suitable for your specific skin type. Read on to find about the correct type of moisturisers required for each skin type.
1. Dry skin
Dry skin becomes even drier during the winters and requires a heavier, oil-based moisturiser with hydrating ingredients to remain soft. Additionally, if your skin is too dry or cracked, using products containing mineral jellies like petroleum jelly will be beneficial. This is because these products are known to minimise evaporation of moisture from your skin.
2. Oily skin
Acne and breakouts mostly occur on the oily skin, so it will be best to choose a light, water-based moisturiser if you have this type of skin. Moreover, try to opt for a product that is non-comedogenic in nature, which will ensure that you do not get clogged pores due to the moisturiser.
3. Normal skin
Normal skin can be characterised by perfect natural oil balance and an even tone. For keeping your skin soft you need to keep this natural balance intact, which can be done by using a water-based product containing lightweight oils or ingredients derived from silicon. Additionally, ensure that your moisturiser gives your skin a light non-greasy feel.
4. Sensitive skin
Sensitive skin is generally prone to skin irritations, itching, redness and rashes. If you have sensitive skin, then look for a moisturiser that contains ingredients known for generating a soothing effect like chamomile or aloe. Moreover, ensure that the product is free from potential allergens like fragrances or dyes and acids to prevent side effects such as skin irritation.
5. Combination skin
Combination skin is the toughest type of skin to maintain. People with this type of skin have an oily t-zone consisting of the nose, chin and forehead along with the cheeks having dry skin. To keep combination skin hydrated you need to use a heavy moisturiser on the cheeks and an oil-free water-based product on the t-zone.