Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Bhubaneswar. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Biplab Parida
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Biplab ParidaYour feedback matters!
I am a 47 year old man and about 2 years ago I had undergone an angioplasty to remove a block in my left artery. Now since a month I am getting sharp stabs of pain on the left side of my neck from behind the left ear to the left shoulder muscles. I sometimes feel dizzy which lasts for a couple of minutes. I got checked by a physician and was given tablets like Taxim-AZ, Aceclo MR, Calpol 500 mg and Mac RD capsules for a period of three days. The pain had stopped but has returned after the course got over. I have free movement of neck and left arm but sharp piercing pain every now and then along with a dull throb on the left side at the base of the skull. What should I do?
My mom is suffered from osteoarthritis and Parkinson's disease from back 2 years and her both knee become bend and she can't walk and even can sit herself her both hand finger become stiff and her right hand wrist also bend. She is talking syndopa plus and rasalect as her main dose but there is no improvement in her condition. Is there any unani or ayurvedic doctor who can give me satisfactory suggestion about my mother and can treat her.
I am 21 year old nd I've 6 month pregnancy. I suffer from migraine. Sometime it's occurred 3 times in week sometime it's occurred 3 times in 15 days. I take crocin Everytime bt it's not my prbm solution bcs one time I take tablet than its repeat that day. I really tired. I wanna know why this migraine occurred. Nd that type of medicine can harmful my baby. Pls give me solution.
Dear Sir/Madam, I am experiencing burning sensation and numbness in my right leg from the last four days, I don't know what happens to my leg, is there any dangerous or emergency. Please tell me possible remedies for it.
Parkinson’s disease adversely affects the way you move, as it is a neurodegenerative disorder. This happens when there are problems with certain nerve cells in the brain. These nerve cells produce an important chemical called Dopamine, which in turn sends signals to the region of our brain that takes care of the movement. This chemical help muscles to function smoothly and allow in carrying out one’s daily activities. When somebody is suffering from Parkinson’s disease, the nerve cells break down, thus hampering movements of limbs.
What Causes This Disease?
Over the years, a lot of research has taken place to find out the exact reasons due to which people get affected by Parkinson’s disease but till now neither scientists nor doctors have been able to come up with any solution. They are thinking on the lines of aging or hAarmful chemicals in the environment, to be possible causes for this neurological problem. Sometimes researchers even feel that this could be a hereditary problem but there is no concrete evidence to substantiate this statement.
Symptoms Of Parkinson’s
As discussed earlier, Parkinson’s occur in aged individuals, when nerve cells break down, when the chemical called Dopamine is no longer able to send signals to the brain. You can easily recognize Parkinson’s disease in any of your family members, if you come across certain symptoms, which are generally four of them:
- Trembling or shaking of limbs and these tremors can affect different body parts like, hands, arms and legs.
- Muscles become stiff, due to which it becomes tough for the affected individuals to move their limbs freely.
- Due to stiffness of muscles, movement becomes slow and thus each and every activity of theirs takes much more time than usual.
- People are unable to keep their balance and walk freely without any hindrance.
- Generally, tremor is the first thing you would notice in a person and thus instantly get to know that the person might be suffering from Parkinson’s.
- Problems of constipation or facing difficult in swallowing tend to happen as the disease goes on to affect all the muscles in one’s body.
- During the latter stages, someone who has Parkinson’s, might well have a blank expression to the face with problems being faced while trying to speak and other related issues. The symptoms of this disease usually start for people aged between 50 and 60 but at times, it can even crop up at an earlier stage.
Preventive Measures And Treatment
Let’s take a look at how you can prevent yourself from getting crippled by Parkinson’s Disease.
Unfortunately, as the disease is mostly age related, so after attaining the age of 60, if not from 50, there would be very few individuals who would not be the victims of Parkinson’s.
Research has revealed that having less of dairy and red meat and consuming more of fruits, vegetables and high-fibre foods, thus maintaining a healthy diet, can protect people from the dreaded disease. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Are you suffering from stress and sleep disorders (Insomnia)? Are you looking for Ayurvedic remedies for improving your sleep? The principles of Ayurveda state that sufficient sleep along with a proper diet, and wise utilization of energy are important for maintaining good health.
According to ayurveda, the vitiation of the three doshas either taken all together or individually may result in to insomnia. All factors, that are responsible for aggravation of vata and pitta ,along with environmental and dietary factors play an important role in sleep disturbances. High vata type of insomnia is caused by Vaata imbalance or mental stress. People, who toss and turn, unable to fall asleep because their mind is spinning, have this disorder. It results with anxiety, worry, and rushed activity during the day. Where as in pitta imbalance there is intermittent awakening. You may fall asleep quickly but wake up frequently with palpitation, body pains, and emotional disturbances such as fear, anger, and sadness. Another pattern is that you wake up before dawn and find it difficult to go back to sleep.
There are certain health principles and ways that you should follow for improving quality of sleep, getting rid of stress and boosting your body’s immune system. They are as follows:
- Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule- You should be very disciplined regarding your sleep. Try to sleep early which gives you the time to sleep throughout the night. Wake up early the next morning. Your mind is stable, slow and dull from 6pm to 10pm. This is a perfect time for getting good sleep.
- Mindful eating- It is recommended for you to have your dinner early between 6.30 to 7 pm. The digestive fire starts cooling down after the sun sets. You can improve your digestion by eating light, early meals. This is beneficial for your sleep quality. While eating, you should avoid doing other activities such as reading books, watching television, or involving yourself in conversations.
- Oil massage- Oil massage therapy is a primary part of Ayurvedic treatment for stress and sleep disorder. Oil massages on your feet are important for improved sleep. There are nerve endings in your feet, which are nourished because of oil massage. Massaging helps in stress relief, makes you feel relaxed, and improves your blood circulation. As a result of all these, your sleep gets drastically improved. You can choose from several herbal oils for massage.
- Pranayama- Pranayama is considered to be very important for improving sleep disorders and stress. Several rounds of alternate nostril breathing or “naadi shodhana pranayama” should be undertaken on a regular basis. This is effective for the mind, and calms down your nervous system. You are bound to get deeper, and longer sleep of high quality.
- Practice self-compassion- You wellness and health depend considerably on a balance among your mind, body and soul. It is important for you to keep away from negative vibes and always try to be present in a positive environment. You should be mindful over who you talk to right before going to sleep. Ideally, you should switch off your mobile, computer, television, and social media activities, two hours before going to sleep.
- Regular exercise- Regular exercise is very important for you to stay healthy and fit physically, which in turn helps you to maintain a healthy state of mind. This is vital for improving sleep disorder and eliminating stress. Keep away from all types of stimulants during the evening so that your sleep is not affected.
Ayurvedic Herbs for Insomnia
The useful herbs for the treatment of insomnia are:-
- Brahmi: It is a powerful brain tonic, which supports and improves all aspects of mental functioning. It is a calming and tranquillising herb. A cup of brahmi tea or powder or any other preparation with brahmi, taken at bedtime, will induce a peaceful sleep and its regular use will help to cure insomnia.
- Vacha: (Acorus calamus) has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for the treatment of various ailments, such as epilepsy, headache,insomnia etc. it can be taken along with Amla, Brahmi powder at bed time.
- Aswagandha: This is an overall tonic for greater vitality and longevity. It enhances coordination between the mind and senses which, according to Ayurveda, is essential for good sleep. The recommended dose is half teaspoonful of powder taken at night along with sugar+ ghee or warm milk.
- Jatamansi: It has been found to increase levels of neurotransmitters like serotonin. It is a sedative, anti-depressant, and anti-epileptic cardio-tonic and is regarded as one of the most effective remedies for neurosis.
- Valerian: Indian valerian, also known as tagar in Hindi, works on the nerve channels by clearing out toxins from the blood, joints, tissues, colon and nerves. Its basic role is to rejuvenate. However, valerian should not be taken on its own. For, it can have a somewhat dulling effect. It is best used as part of some herbal preparation. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!