Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shivam Malhotra
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Submit a review for Dr. Shivam MalhotraYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Shivam Malhotra provides answers that are very helpful and well-reasoned. Thaanks
Even though you might feel it is impossible to sleep without pillows, you will be surprised to know that sleeping without a pillow is a good way of preventing neck, back, and shoulder pain. Remember when you were a child, you would fall asleep at any place without waiting for a pillow? The human body can thus adapt to any situation owing to its resilience. And as we age, we are still able to rest our body comfortably without needing a pillow or any other form of support.
What are the benefits of sleeping without a pillow?
If you have already encountered some signs and symptoms of sleep deprivation, you will need to find the root of the problem. In doing this, you may find that all these health issues may stem from the pillow you sleep on. If you, like many others, believe that pillows are an indispensable part of your sleep, you may be wrong. Your soft and cozy pillow may do you harm without leaving any scope of suspicion. Here are some of the most compelling advantages not using a pillow:
It can benefit the neck and back:
When you don’t have a pillow while sleeping, your back, neck and shoulder muscles will extend naturally without causing any aches or sprains. When you sleep on a pillow that is very soft, it will strain the muscles on the neck while also decreasing the flow of blood to the head. When your head is tilted downwards on any pillow that is not able to provide optimum support for the head, the airflow to the respiratory system is much reduced. If you are already suffering from neck and shoulder pain, you may try sleeping a night without any support to see if the pain subsides.
It will help you rest properly:
When you are not having any neck and head support while sleeping, your body would be able to rest optimally. When you sleep on pillows that do not offer good support, your body starts compensating by engaging the back and neck muscles. This causes more strain when the body is supposed to be resting to overcome everyday stress.
Your face will have fewer wrinkles:
Many people tend to bury their face in the pillow while sleeping. This will prevent your face from being able to breathe and perspire. The pores on the skin surface will not have any access to air. This leads to the formation of oil and grease on the face, and it will give way to blackheads as the added dust and impurities on the surface of the pillow will come in contact with your face.
For all these compelling reasons, you can try to forgo your pillows and observe improvement in your general health.
49 year old male with numb yet tingly feeling in right leg and shooting pain. Not taking anything for it and have no history of this. I do 3-5 times a week exercising.
I get extreme stomach pain after eating anything. I get diarrhea every morning and I vomited day before yesterday due to alcohol consumption. What should I do?
I am feeling very low energy these days and weakness dizziness nausea fainting sleeping not properly in night always dreaming in sleep that makes my sleep very much unhealthy. Suggest me to consult which dr.
Hello sir, मै 2 महिने से finasteride 1 mg and more f 5 solutions use कर रहा हू। मेरे बाल भी ठीक हो गये थे लेकिन पिछले 2 महिने से मेने tablets नही ली पर solutions use किया । लेकिन अब वापस मैरे बाल गिरना चालु हो गये है। अब मै वापस finasteride चालु कर रहा हू तो क्या यह असर करेगी। ओर tablet को कितने दिनो तक खाना है ताकि वापिस गलती ना हो। मै 1 month से tablet कर रहा हू पर कोई असर ही नही हो रहा है। अब मै क्या करू। plz help sir.
Fever is a common medical sign that is generated by the body to a varied level of infection and other conditions. It results from the elevated temperature of the body due to the body’s thermostat getting reset to a higher than normal temperature. It is a defence mechanism of the body to fight against external microbes. It is not a disease but a symptom of a disease that the body is fighting against.
Temperature variation of fever:
There is no absolute value of body temperature which is defined as fever. However, the below-mentioned temperatures are generally accepted as a condition of fever:
- Rectal temperature of more than 38 degrees centigrade
- Oral temperature of more than 37.8 degrees centigrade
- Armpit temperature of more than 37.2-degree centigrade
- Ear temperature of more than 38-degree centigrade
- Forehead temperature of more than 38-degree centigrade
Different types of fever:
- Continuous fever: This is a condition where the body temperature is above normal for more than 24 hours and temperature fluctuation is not more than 1-degree centigrade. Continuous fever is observed in diseases such as typhoid, typhus, infective endocarditis and pneumonia.
- Remittent fever: Remittent fever refers to a condition where the body temperature constantly remains more than normal for 24 hours. The temperature fluctuation is not more than 2-degree centigrade. This kind of fever is observed in diseases such as infective endocarditis and typhoid.
- Intermittent fever: This is a condition where the body temperature rises for a few hours a day and comes down to normal for the rest of the day. The spike in temperature has a repetitive pattern and is visible in diseases such as malaria, septicemia, and pyemia.
- Septic fever: This is a condition which is characterised by an extremely high fever that refuses to come down to normal and has hardly any fluctuation. This condition should be immediately addressed by a doctor to ensure further deteriorating of the physical health of a patient.
- Pel-Ebstein fever: This condition is characterised by recurrent bouts of body temperature. It might take up to 3 days for the temperature to rise, it maintains the temperature for the next 3 days and gradually comes down over the next 3 days. The total cycle continues for 9 days.
- Periodic fevers: This is the kind of fever which can last up to a few days to few weeks followed by a symptom-free period of a fixed interval. This fever has a particular pattern and is mostly witnessed in patients suffering from diseases such as stills disease, Crohn's disease, and rheumatoid arthritis. Certain other conditions such as hyper-IgD syndrome and Mediterranean Fever can also result in this condition.