Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bhopal. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Neera Srivastava
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Weight Management Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Pregnant Women Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Neera SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Neera Srivastava to be very helpful. Very helpful
Dt. Neera Srivastava provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you mam
I want lose weight but unable to follow any special diets as I stay in hostel. Please suggest me what kind of exercise or food reductions I have to do in order to lose weight. I need to reduce my lower belly mainly.
A good night's sleep is very essential for the body and mind to recharge and be ready to function to its full extent each day. Though the constant change in lifestyles have removed the fixed sleep hours, it is still advisable that for a healthy lifestyle, about 7 to 8 hours of sound sleep is essential. Studies reveal that about 60% of the UK population is sleep deprived, getting 6 or less hours of sleep. Further, studies have shown that there is a good correlation between a person's food habits and the sleep pattern.
While some foods are good at inducing sleep, there are others which help you reduce the fatigue that sleeplessness brings in. The following is a list of foods with the most significant benefits outlined.
- Cherries: Cherries contain melatonin which controls our biological clock. Often used to combat jetlag, melatonin improves sleep duration and quality of sleep.
- Bananas are loaded with potassium and magnesium, which are very good for cardiovascular health and cognitive functioning. They are believed to induce peaceful sleep.
- Mangoes help by boosting the immune system and providing a good sleep.
- Blueberries - they are believed to reduce oxidative stress and muscle cell inflammation
2. Milk: A glass of warm milk incudes sleep. Add a pinch of cinnamon and see yourself sleep even better. Scientists believe that tryptophan and serotonin do the magic. Not just milk, even other dairy products like cheese improve your sleep.
3. Fish: The salmon, sardines, and tuna are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and also contain vitamin B6. Both these are believed to improve cognitive state and are believed to induce a restful sleep.
4. Nuts: Be it walnuts or pecans or cashews, all nuts contain a soothing effect. They are a good source of tryptophan, which is an amino acid responsible for sleep. This releases melatonin and serotonin which regulate the biological clock and manage sleep patterns.
5. Herbal tea: For instance, chamomile tea and valerian tea act as a mild sedative and encourage a healthy sleep. The whole act of brewing the tea with the aroma wafting through the air is believed to promote a soothing effect too. Green tea is also considered to be a sleep-inducing agent.
It is always advised to maintain a lifestyle that allows you to recharge your body with the required amount of sleep. The benefits of a good night's sleep cannot be denied or hidden. On rare occasions, these alternatives could come in handy, both to induce sleep and to fight the fatigue arising out of a lack of it. If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult.'
The obesity epidemic was unfairly blamed on the consumption of carbs. While processed junk foods which are high in refined grains and sugar are extremely fattening and unhealthy, fiber rich foods that also contain carbs are very healthy and essential for your diet.
If you consume high fiber carbs moderately, they help you in maintaining a healthy weight because if you get anything lower than approximately 50% of calories from carbohydrates, you are unhealthy. Carbohydrates which are rich in fiber can be easily digested by your body.
Mentioned below are 5 food items which are extremely rich in carbs and should be consumed during breakfast for optimum health:
1. Apples: Despite the different colors, flavors and sizes, apples consist of 13-15% carbs, as well as many vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in healthy plant compounds, antioxidants and Vitamin C. Apples are helpful in decreasing the risk of a few types of cancers, reducing heart diseases and improving blood sugar control.
2. Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are extremely nourishing. It has the sufficient amount of carbohydrates present to maintain your health, as well as fiber, potassium, vitamin B, vitamin A, manganese and vitamin C. It is also very low in cholesterol, saturated fats and sodium. Consume this antioxidant food item everyday for breakfast to sustain your health.
3. Bananas: Bananas contain about 23% carbs. The unripe ones are high in starch which turns into sugar as it ripens. Apart from carbs, bananas also contain a high amount of Vitamin B6, potassium and vitamin C along with healthy plant compounds. They are also rich in pectin and resistant starch.
4. Quinoa: Classified as pseudo cereal, it is an incredibly popular seed that is eaten like a grain. Apart from being a high carb food, it is not only extremely rich in fibers and proteins but also plant compounds and minerals. One of its many health benefits is improved blood sugar control. Incorporate it in your diet to lose weight effectively.
5. Oats: Deemed as one of the healthiest whole grain foods, oats is an excellent source of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. It contains 66% carbohydrates and above 10% of it is fiber. Not only does it lower cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels, but is also extremely helpful in losing weight.
Incorporating these food items in your morning diet can be of great help in your weight losss journey. Apart from weight loss, these food items are very helpful in providing your body with all the nutrients required to execute your daily duties at work as well as home.
Mera weight 75 kg hai main bohut pareshan hu please doctor mujhe koi medicine bataye jisse instantly weight kam ho jaaye or side effects nahi hoye.
I'm growing a lil belly, couldn't you please suggest what diet I should maintain and some exercises that might help?
According to my bmi, I am overweight. It was not since my childhood, but a few months ago I left my sports and also started to eat in large amounts. I used to feel hungry. Sometimes I used to overeat when my favourite dish used to be there. About 1 year ago, my weight was between 49-58 kg, but since I left my sports and started overeating experienced a subsequent increase in my weight and decrease in my physical activity. Please tell me how can I decrease my body fat and get a flat stomach. Decrease in weight is not very important but what is important for me is a flat tummy I want to burn the facts that are stored in the adipocytes near my stomach. I just want to look slim.
I have high blood pressure and I am on medication since last year. Do I need to take medicine life long for high blood pressure? Currently I am doing exercise and try to control blood pressure with healthy diet.
I am 30 years old and married with 2 kids. after 2nd children 2016 my weight got gain till 120 and now after some diet from past 2 months my weight has reduced to 107. I just got keto diet pills today and don't know the details what to and how to take.
Hi, Need to gain weight. Have acid reflux. I lost weight. What food helps to gain weight. Give some tips please. Meanwhile I had anxiety also. Suggest some food to get rid of anxiety and weight gain.
Vegetables have always been an integral part of every healthy meal. They contain nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins which ensure smoothness of skin and prevent wrinkles. Here are some of those veggies which would help you maintain your youthful, healthy appearance and visage. Read more to find out about them:
1. Broccoli: Make sure you have a generous portion of this vegetable when you are on a meal as this green cruciferous vegetable is stuffed with phytonutrients which reduce inflammation and also help in preventing lung cancer and stomach cancer. They also contain essential nutrients which help in cell repair and slowing down the aging process.
2. Spinach: Spinach is your go-to food if you want to retain your hard-earned muscle tone. Studies indicate that spinach helps in strengthening your muscles. It contains magnesium, more than any other food item per serving. It helps to maintain muscle definition and nerve function as well as regulates blood pressure and blood sugar.
3. Kale: Kale is full of vitamin K which is very essential for blood coagulation and preventing internal hemorrhaging. It is also essential to maintain the strength in your bones as you age. Studies have shown that kale also helps to prevent prostate cancer. Consume it cooked to maximize its benefits.
4. Onions: Onions are very helpful in preventing and ending your stomach troubles. They prevent the growth of H.pylori bacteria which causes ulcers, gastritis and gastric cancer. Unfortunately, deep fried onion rings do not count.
6. Red Bell Pepper: Red bell peppers contain vitamin C, which triggers the production of white blood cells that fight against germs and bacteria. Consuming a diet which is rich in vitamin C helps to lessen wrinkles because it helps in the production of collagen.
The above discussed vegetables must be in your daily diet plan to keep yourself healthy and hearty forever.