Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Endocrinologists online in Bharatpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
I am a diabetic patient for last 11 years. My age is 51. Is it okay to take mignor 50 three times a day. And what's the side affect of the same.
I am suffeeing with diabetes and blood pressure at the same time please suggest me that what diet chart I should follow and what is the ideal measure of diabetes before and after lunch.
Dear Doctor, I am 61 years old male. My Glucose fasting is 110 mg/dL PP 149ng/dL. Shall i take honey/ dates/jam.
My Wife age is 31 years , suffering with Thyroid THS>150 from last 6mnts kindly suggest , she is consuming thyroxine sodium tablets 100 mcg from last 6mnts , currently Dr. Suggested for 150 mcg.
Whether you have a toddler or a teen, I believe, five of the best strategies to improve nutrition and encourage smart eating habits in kids would be :
1. Have regular family meals.
2. Serve a variety of healthy foods and snacks.
3. Be a role model by eating healthy yourself.
4. Avoid battles over food.
5. Make eating a playtime and probably a way of spending quality time with your kids.involve them in the process.
Kids who take part in regular family meals are also:
- more likely to eat fruits, vegetables, and grains
- less likely to snack on unhealthy foods
- less likely to smoke, use marijuana, or drink alcohol
You could Follow these basic guidelines:
1. Work fruits and vegetables into the daily routine, aiming for the goal of at least five servings a day.
2. Make it easy for kids to choose healthy snacks by keeping fruits and vegetables on hand and ready to eat. Other good snacks include low-fat yogurt, peanut butter and celery, or whole-grain crackers.
3. Serve lean meats and other good sources of protein, such as fish, eggs, beans, soya, tofu.
4. Choose whole-grain breads and cereals so kids get more fiber.
5. Limit fat intake by avoiding fried foods and choosing healthier cooking methods, such as broiling, grilling, roasting, and steaming. Choose low-fat or nonfat dairy products.
6. Limit fast food and low-nutrient snacks, such as chips and candy. But don't completely ban favorite snacks from your home. Instead, make them "once-in-a-while" foods, so kids don't feel deprived.
7. Limit sugary drinks, such as soda and fruit-flavored drinks. Serve water and low-fat milk instead.
And above all ----- Be a Role Model Yourself!
The best way for you to encourage healthy eating is to eat well yourself.!!!!
That's all for now, for my next dose(article) ...stay tuned!
DIABETES AND THE RETINA! How can people with diabetes protect their vision?
The IMPORTANCE of early treatment
Although a person's vision may be good, changes taking place in the retina may require treatment. Most sight loss due to diabetes is preventable if treated early. The earlier the treatment is given the more effective it is.
In a nutshell: Early diagnosis is vital.
Annual retinal screening appointment is quintessential.
Worsening of vision may not necessarily mean diabetic retinopathy. It may simply be a problem that can be rectified with glasses.
Vision lost to diabetic retinopathy is sometimes irreversible. Women with diabetes who become pregnant should have a comprehensive dilated eye exam as soon as possible. Additional exams during pregnancy may be needed.
Multiple studies have shown that controlling diabetes slows the onset and worsening of diabetic retinopathy. Other trials have also demonstrated that controlling elevated blood pressure and cholesterol can reduce the risk of vision loss among people with diabetes.
Treatment for diabetic retinopathy is often delayed until it starts to progress to a complicated or irreversible stage. Comprehensive frequent dilated eye exams are needed more frequently as diabetic retinopathy becomes more severe. People with a high risk of developing complications may need a comprehensive dilated eye exam as often as every month.
To summarize, early diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy is important.
Don't wait for the vision to deteriorate to have an eye test.
Inform your eye specialist in case you notice changes to your vision.
Feel free to ask questions or express fears about your treatment.
Strict control of sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol reduce the risk of diabetes-related sight loss.
Smoking increases your risk of diabetes-related sight loss.
If detected with early signs of diabetic, then what are the precaution or diet that has to be followed.
My grandmother is a diabetic patient. She is regularly taking all the prescribed medicines. But these medicines are not dat effective. Is there any other way apart from medicines to help her?
Hello sir, I am 25 years old. Sir I am a patient of sugar, suggest me some tips to control and also give to me some healthy exercise. Thank you.
What causes Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and what is the best method of treatment? Can iodine help this condition?
I am 44 years old. Already I have been taken Glycomet 500 mg twice a day. From today morning to till the time I feel drowsy and not able to due the routine work actively. I want your suggestions.
What is diabetes. When diabetes attack to human the possible reasons? What is age diabetes attack? What is food take present?
I am a diabetic on insulin injections. What can I do to improve my digestion? I also get urinary leakages after going for motion. I am 45 years old.
I am taking 1 tablet of pioz-15 in the mornung since last 2 months plus 1 tablet each of mecelazide-m 3 times a day. Previously I was not taking pioz. My sugar level became 48 once & about below 100 couple of times in last one month. What should I do if it goes below 70 or below 100.
How to identify symptoms of diabetes in early stages and give suggestions to take care towards overcome problems.
Hello doctor, I am having pcos and thyroid. I want to loose alot of weight but nothing helps me. Its really tough. I am having 2 failed cycles of clomid and injectable. This is my third cycle now and I ovulated naturally on day 14. I am now 10 dpo. I will test for pregnant if periods missed Nd if not then I want to start with herbalife products like shakes. And green tea with added ginger (3-4cups). Can I take herbalife products while TTC? I hope it won't cause problems with conceiving. I jad a stillbirth 10months ago due to pcos thyroid high blood pressure & gestational diabetes. So I don't wamt this to happen again. Please suggest.
Diabetic neuropathy is a nerve disorder caused by diabetes. The high blood sugar from diabetes affects the nerves and over time increases a person's risk for nerve damage. Keeping blood sugar levels within the target range recommended by your doctor helps prevent diabetic neuropathy.
Types of Diabetic Neuropathy:
Diabetic neuropathy can be classified as Peripheral, Autonomic, Proximal, or Focal. Each affects different parts of the body in various ways...
Peripheral neuropathy, the most common type of diabetic neuropathy, causes pain or loss of feeling in the toes, feet, legs, and hands.
Autonomic neuropathy affects the nerves that control involuntary body functions such as digestion, bowel and bladder function, sexual response, and perspiration. It can also affect the nerves that serve the heart and control blood pressure, as well as nerves in the lungs and eyes. Autonomic neuropathy can also cause hypoglycemia unawareness, a condition in which people no longer experience the warning symptoms of low blood glucose levels.
Proximal neuropathy causes pain in the thighs, hips, arms, or buttocks and leads to weakness in the legs and hands, resulting in difficulty in walking, standing, picking up objects, buttoning your clothes, etc.
Focal neuropathy results in the sudden weakness of one nerve or a group of nerves, causing muscle weakness or pain. Any nerve in the body can be affected.
How Diabetes Causes Damage to the Nervous System?
There are several factors that are likely to contribute to nerve damage through diabetes...
- High blood glucose, a condition associated with diabetes, causes chemical changes in nerves. These changes impair the nerves' ability to transmit signals.
- High glucose levels affect many metabolic pathways in the nerves, leading to an accumulation of a sugar called sorbitol and depletion of a substance called myoinositol. These changes are the mechanism that causes nerve damage. Nitric oxide dilates blood vessels. In a person with diabetes, low levels of nitric oxide may lead to constriction of blood vessels supplying the nerve, contributing to nerve damage.
- Presence of mechanical injury like carpal tunnel syndrome in a diabetic patient worsens its symptoms and prognosis
- inherited traits increase susceptibility to nerve disease
- lifestyle factors, such as smoking or alcohol use
- Numbness, burning sensations, tingling, or pain in the toes, feet, legs, hands, arms, and fingers
- Either hypersensitivity to touch or insensitivity, even to hot and cold temperatures
- Weakness in muscles and loss of reflexes
- indigestion, nausea, or vomiting
- diarrhea or constipation
- dizziness or faintness due to a drop in blood pressure after standing or sitting up
- problems with urination
- Changes in gait and balance
- Injuries that are taking longer to heal and are more prone to infections
Prevent Diabetic Nerve Damage:
Keeping your blood sugar levels in your target range, set with your doctor, may help prevent nerve damage from ever developing. The best way to do this is by checking your blood sugar and adjusting your treatment. It is also important to get to and stay at a healthy weight by exercising and eating healthy foods.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.