Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Ayur TejYour feedback matters!
Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin disease in which the skin cells multiply at a rate higher than the normal. It can even be 1000 times compared to the normal rate. It worsens every winter as the skin becomes itches and even starts bleeding after scratching. However, psoriasis is not contagious meaning that it cannot spread from one person to another. In fact, psoriasis is not an infectious disease. It does not occur due to infection of any sort. That is why it does not spread from one person to another.
The general belief is that Psoriasis is incurable. However, this is not true. Homeopathy is far more effective in the treatment of psoriasis and these homeopathic medicines are completely natural and do not contain any chemical compounds at all unlike allopathic medicines. The homeopathic remedies do not intend to suppress this inflammation. In fact, they intend to correct the cause that has resulted in this indiscriminate cell division and also the inflammation. Once these two things are set right, the symptoms disappear on their own.
Homeopathy does require some patience on the part of both the patient and the doctor to get good results in the homeopathic treatment of psoriasis.
Remedies for the homeopathic treatment of psoriasis
- Graphites is one of the best homeopathic remedies for psoriasis with constipation. In such cases the patient cannot tolerate cold easily. There may be thick sticky discharge from the eruptions. In some cases, eczema may also be present with psoriasis. In female patients, there may be disturbance in the menstrual cycle too.
- Mezereum is helpful in case of psoriasis on the scalp. In such cases thick and leathery crusts cover the head and there is pus beneath these crusts.
- Arsenic Iodatum is given in case where patches of psoriasis occur with multiple colours. The scales are usually large in size.
- Sepia is recommended for psoriasis with foul odour from the eruptions and the affected area of the skin. It is a deep acting medicine and should not be repeated often.
- Thyroidinum is considered one of the best homeopathic medicines for psoriasis with obesity. In such cases the itching gets worsened at night. It is a remedy for chilly and anaemic patients suffering from dry impoverished skin along with cold hands and feet.
- Arsenic Album is an excellent psoriasis remedy in which psoriasis gets worsened by cold and better by warmth.
- Sulphur is considered helpful in various skin manifestations
- Kali Brom is helpful in case of syphilitic psoriasis whose symptoms include skin cold, blue, spotted corrugated, large, indolent, painful pustules.
- Kali Ars is given in case of patches on back, arms and elbows and scaly itches.
- Radium Brom is helpful in treating psoriasis of penis, itching eruptions on face oozing and patchy erythema on forehead.
- Other natural and alternative remedies can also be resorted to including Naturopathy, Herbal medicine, Yoga, Ayurveda, Acupressure etc.
Arthritis is a musculoskeletal disease defined by chronic inflammations in the joint and cartilage degradation. It is a fairly common disease, and the pain caused by arthritis can be extremely disabling. If you leave arthritis untreated, it can lead to:
- Chronic pain
- Limb deformities
- Disabled scope of motion
These symptoms can hinder your daily life, thus learning how to live with, and managing arthritis becomes important. Here are some lifestyle changes you can adopt to manage pain better:
Small things you can do every day, while you are sitting or working, such as:
- Frequently adjust your position
- Stretch and bend your legs, change your hand’s position and tilt your neck periodically from one side to another
- Don’t overuse a lone joint because that can cause more pain—so pace yourself and take adequate breaks
- Walk around and stand every hour or a half.
In addition to these, you must:
- Manage your weight: Obesity has been linked to arthritis; the more weight you put on, the more your pain will increase.
- Quit smoking: Connective tissues are stressed when you smoke, and this triggers more pain
There are a number of medications available in the market today to ease arthritis pain. Over-the-counter (OTC) ibuprofen or acetaminophen are great for pain relief. Also, topical creams that contain analgesics can be gently massaged over inflamed joints to ease the pain.
However, you should avoid the following:
- Over treatment: If you find yourself depending too heavily on OTC, consult your doctor.
- Under-treatment: Never ignore or undermine your pain. Leaving arthritis untreated is potentially dangerous, and you may require immediate medication.
If you have arthritis, exercise can boost your endurance, enhance your muscles and better your motion range. For best results, focus on gradual strength training, range-of-motion exercises and stretching. You can also include low-stress aerobics, water exercises, cycling or walking.
However, avoid repetitive and high impact exercises, such as:
- High-stress aerobics
Emotional and physical assimilation
The pain is not only physically exhausting; it can also strain you mentally. Choose relaxation or cognitive behaviour therapy (an integration of behaviour modification and talk therapy) to keep negative thoughts at bay. Besides these, you can also use acupuncture, heat and cold therapy and massages to ease the pain.
If you are looking for an ideal, healthy diet which will help in improving your GI’s or general symptoms, you should opt for an elimination diet. It is an effective dietary approach, which is useful for addressing individual needs along with certain benefits for everyone who undertakes the diet. This diet is especially useful if you suffer from food sensitivities. In the elimination diet, certain food items are eliminated from your diet for a certain period of time. They are slowly reintroduced in your diet after a span of three to four weeks. You should be as restrictive as possible for the diet to produce effective results.
In a good elimination diet, you should cut off food items such as gluten, soy, eggs, dairy, corn, beef, chicken, pork, beans, lentils, citrus fruits, nuts, coffee and several nightshade vegetables. Your diet should primarily compose of rice, meat such as turkey, lamb, or fish, several fruits and vegetables. Food items to include and exclude as part of an elimination diet
Here is a list of the various types of food items, some of which need to be avoided and excluded during an elimination diet:
- Fruits and vegetables: You should include all forms of fresh fruits. Have fruits raw and have the vegetables in steamed, roasted or sautéed form. Exclude citrus fruits and vegetables like tomatoes, potatoes, and eggplant.
- Starch: You should consume rice and buckwheat and avoid corn, barley, spelt, rye and other products which contain high gluten.
- Legumes: Avoid consuming legumes such as soybean, tempeh, tofu, soya milk, peas, lentils and all forms of beans. Also avoid all types of seeds and nuts.
- Meat and fish: Consume meats such as turkey, lamb, wild game and fish. Stay away from chicken, pork, eggs, canned meat, sausages, shellfish and soy made meat substitutes.
- Dairy products:Consume coconut milk and unsweetened rice milk. Do not not consume cow milk, cheese, cream, butter, ice cream, yogurt and non-dairy creamers.
- Fats: Consume fats such as flax seed oil, coconut oil and cold expeller pressed olive oil. Avoid margarine, butter, mayonnaise, spreads and hydrogenated oils.
- Beverages: Drink a lot of water and consume herbal teas such as rooibos and peppermint tea. Strictly avoid alcohol, coffee, green tea and soda.
- Spices and condiments: Include spices such as sea salt, fresh herbs and spices such as oregano, parsley, thyme, rosemary and fresh pepper in your diet. Do not consume chocolate, mustard, relish, chutney, soy sauce, vinegar and barbecue sauce.
In case of sweeteners, you should use stevia if required. Avoid using honey, maple syrup, corn syrup, desserts, high fructose corn syrups and white or brown sugar.
Smoking has several bad effects on your body, and it can invite many diseases be it related to the heart, lungs, brain or respiratory system. Millions of people everywhere in this world die from problems triggered by smoking. Cigarette smoking is one of the most harmful threats to your body; there is no way you can expect to remain safe while being an addict. It is not easy to give up smoking in a day. You might require some other sort of oral stimulation in the process of quitting.
There are many toxic compounds in a cigarette which further damage your cells. Tobacco is carcinogenic and hence cigarette smoking can result in several types of cancer. Tobacco smoke mainly consists of:
- Nicotine: This is an extremely addictive substance. As smokers are hooked to the nicotine, they find it very hard to quit. This acts really fast on their lungs, and reaches to the brain within 15 seconds after you inhale.
- Carbon monoxide: It is a dangerous gas without any taste or smell. You body absorbs it immediately as it is very hard to discriminate between oxygen and carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide decreases heart rate and muscle functions thus pushing you towards slow death.
- Tar: It is a poisonous chemical which causes cancer. Whilst smoking, 70% tar remains in your lungs. It is basically a sticky brown material.
Smoking is one of the most important reasons behind preventable deaths. The diseases that can be caused by smoking are:
- Brain: stroke is one most threatening diseases that can be caused by smoking. Smoking increases your chances of suffering from a stroke. Smoking increases brain aneurysm, which develops the chances of stroke. It can rupture the blood vessels in your brain and it can lead to brain death too.
- Heart: when you smoke the smoke enters the blood vessels of your body and it damages the blood circulation system. It can give you several heart diseases like - stroke, heart attack, coronary heart problem and peripheral heart problem.
- Lungs: your lungs get the worst effects of smoking. Asthma, cough, wheezing and cold are just the tip of the iceberg. Your lungs directly absorb the nicotine and tar. Other diseases like pneumonia, lung cancer and emphysema can also occur.
- Mouth and throat: smoking causes very common oral problems like bad breath and stained teeth. It can also cause gum cancer and throat cancer. 93% of throat, head and neck cancers occur due to smoking.
- Infertility and reproduction: smoking destroys blood vessels, which supply blood to the penis causing male impotence. It destroys sperm count in men and egg count in women. It can also cause cervical cancer. Apart from this smoking also causes premature birth, stillbirth and illness.
My mother is 60 years old and complaining about vertigo. She feels sudden spinning of head at various time of the day.
M having huge public hairs but no facial hair I am 23. Every 1 of ny friends hv beard but no me. The pubic hairs are sooo thick but why not facial hair? My father izz having a beard but he also got in the age of 35 What should I do to get beard coz m having huge thick pubic hairs.
Give tip for problem n digest stomach that I can clean my stomach in two time in day you can give me.
Firstly my weight was 60 now it had gone to 80 because of I am getting severe headache when I am getting head ache I mst eat so I want to loose my weight to 60 again.
I am working from home frm last 4 years. mostly I do night shift. So its tough to sleep in night when I do not have shift. please suggest.
First let me tell you my routine. I cleanse my face with Cetaphil. Then apply doux moisturizer in the morning. Then at night I cleanse same and then apply tretinoin 0.025.i have bit blackheads. I haven't exfoliating my skin since many months. Because I am on this acne treatment. Can I exfoliate my skin and how. please tell me some safe way.
Hello doctor, my frd is 22 year old girl and 5.4 feet height, she is very slim. She needs to increase her weight to get marry, soO please suggest her some diet plan and foods.
My papa is suffering from back pain from last 3 years. They have consulted with many doctors and all have given there own opinion. The pain occurs at very bottom of back bone. Tell me some home made remedies which could reduce pain. Or give some medical ways to reduce pain. thanks.
My mother is suffering from dizziness from last week .she has taken many medicines but not worked so pls tell me the medicines or home remedies to treat with this.
Hi Doctor! My age is 21. My height is 172 cm and weight is 50 kg. My Body Mass Index is 16. I am underweight. I want to gain weight so that my body mass index will be 22. How to naturally gain weight. I feel myself very weak. Please give me suggestions.
Sir I have pain in right ankle due to surgery in 2008, I am still continuing with this pain. Can you suggest any process Thanking U sir.
Spondylitis includes swelling of the vertebra. It happens because of wear and tear of the ligament and bones found in your cervical spine, which is in your neck. While it is to a great extent because of age, it can be brought on by other reasons too. Side effects incorporate pain and stiffness starting from the neck to the lower back. The spine's bones (vertebrae) get fused, bringing about an unbending spine. These changes might be mellow or extreme, and may prompt a stooped-over posture. Some of the non-surgical methods to treat spondylitis are as follows-
- Exercise based recovery/physiotherapy: Your specialist may send you to a physiotherapist for treatment. Non-intrusive treatment helps you extend your neck and shoulder muscles. This makes them more grounded and at last, relieves pain. You may neck traction, which includes using weights to build the space between the cervical joints and decreasing pressure on the cervical disc and nerve roots.
- Medications: Your specialist may prescribe you certain medicines if over-the-counter medications do not work. These include:
- Muscle relaxants, for example, cyclobenzaprine, to treat muscle fits
- Opiates, for example, hydrocodone, for pain relief
- Epileptic medications, for example, gabapentin, to ease pain created by nerve damage
- Steroid infusions, for example, prednisone, to decrease tissue irritation and diminish pain
- Home treatment: In case your condition is less severe, you can attempt a couple of things at home to treat it:
- Take an over-the-counter pain reliever, for example, acetaminophen or a calming medication, for example, Advil or Aleve.
- Use a warming cushion or an ice pack on your neck to give pain alleviation to sore muscles.
- Exercise routinely to help you recover quickly.
- Wear a delicate neck prop or neckline to get transitory help. In any case, you shouldn't wear a neck brace for temporary pain relief.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture is a highly effective treatment used to mitigate back and neck pain. Little needles, about the extent of a human hair, are embedded into particular points on the back. Every needle might be whirled electrically or warmed to improve the impact of the treatment. Acupuncture works by prompting the body to deliver chemicals that decrease pain.
- Bed Rest: Severe instances of spondylitis may require bed rest for close to 1-3 days. Long-term bed rest is avoided as it puts the patient at danger for profound vein thrombosis (DVT, blood clots in the legs).
- Support/brace use: Temporary bracing (1 week) may help get rid of the symptoms, however, long-term use is not encouraged. Supports worn for a long time weaken the spinal muscles and can increase pain if not continually worn. Exercise based recovery is more beneficial as it reinforces the muscles.
- Lifestyle: Losing weight and eating nutritious food with consistent workouts can help. Quitting smoking is essential healthy habits to help the spine function properly at any age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.