Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bareilly and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Amit Dewan
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Amit DewanYour feedback matters!
Wonderful experience .. friendly staff with reasonable charges
Am getting wounds inside my mouth regularly. Also getting wounds in tongue sometimes. Wounds being there for 3 to 4 days and getting cured. And again it happens. Also I have white tongue which I get morning when I woke up and It gives a horrible feeling. Wat would be the reason and whether it is dangerous r not.
Hi. I dont have any dental problem but i feel my teeth is quite yellowish. I do drink a lot of coffee and i smoke too! i also brush twice a day and still i feel that my teeth is stained. Is there anything which will be helpful toet rid of this
I have started root canal treatment on 28 Dec & temporary filled but I don't continue this Is any side effects of temporary filling.
Enamel loss is nothing but tooth enamel erosion and this is quite a pathetic kind of oral condition. If the eroded enamel does not get restored, then your oral condition will get deteriorated to a great extent.
Teeth enamel plays the most important role in protecting teeth and if this layer gets eroded, then your teeth will get heavily damaged. Your teeth will not only get eroded, but the real dental color will also get changed.
Why enamel erosion occurs?
- Drinking excessive hot or cold: Your enamel is very much sensitive to hot or cold food items and as a result of which email loss is invited.
- Having fruit drinks: Citric acid in the fruit drinks is the element that can cause enamel erosion.
- Sugary diet: Excessive sugary diet is the very prominent cause of this kind of dental condition and thus you should take more and more of non-sugary foods.
- Environmental factors: There are many environmental factors that are responsible for enamel loss, and they are corrosion, stress, tear, wear, friction and others.
- Medications: Few medications are there that can cause enamel erosion and these medicines are antihistamines, aspirin and many more.
- Gastrointestinal troubles: These kinds of troubles are prone to the frequent erosion of tooth enamel and thus these problems need to be resolved as soon as possible.
What are the leading treatments for restoring enamel loss?
- Using fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash: There are many talented dentists who are strongly recommending the usage of both fluoride mouthwash and toothpaste so that tooth decay can be easily prevented. These products are now commercially available over-the-counter.
- Routine dental check-up: Daily dental check-up is needed so that oral condition can be checked so that the causes and signs of enamel loss can be detected, and then only perfect treatments can be easily applied.
- Taking vitamin-D supplements: there are many drugs and supplements that are enriched with vitamin-D, and they can be taken on a regular basis so that decayed enamel can be easily restored in a safe manner. Coconut oil can be taken in addition to these supplements for getting greater oral benefits.
- Cosmetic restoration options: There are many enamel-restoration options that can be cosmetically performed. Some of the popular options are crowning, filling, and others. On the other hand, leading a healthy lifestyle is also very important in this regard.
My lower teeth front view and back view covered with yellow layer even after my complete tooth clean by a dentist. Yellowness attacking me frequently. Now please say me how to remove the yellowish colour on my tooth. What precautions I need to take so that it cannot attack in future.
I am 25 year old, I am from Hyderabad. From the past few years I facing bad breath problem. Habit I follow: I brush my teeth 2 a day. I use listerine mouth wash, I drink a lot of water, I don't eat masala food. Even after brushing my teeth and use tongue cleaner immediately after brushing also I get bad breath, I can't freely speak in public, because of bad breath. When it's evening my bad breath is very high. What I should, suggest me something, I have visited dentist, general physician, but no use. Cleaning of my teeth is done twice by density. Tell me other solutions, fed up of going to density.
I am 3rd month pregnant. Since 1 years I am suffering with bad breath. I am brushing daily two times or three times. I tried all home remedies and changed many tooth pastes also no use. I am working. I am facing lot of problems with this. And I am pregnant now not able use any medication also. Please please suggest me solution to over come this permanently.
Cavities are more common among children, but changes that occur with aging make cavities an adult problem, too. Recession of the gums away from the teeth, combined with an increased incidence of gum disease, can expose tooth roots to plaque. Tooth roots are covered with cementum, a softer tissue than enamel. They are susceptible to decay and are more sensitive to touch and to hot and cold. It’s common for people over age 50 to have tooth-root decay.
Decay around the edges, or a margin, of fillings is also common for older adults. Because many older adults lacked benefits of fluoride and modern preventive dental care when they were growing up, they often have a number of dental fillings. Over the years, these fillings may weaken and tend to fracture and leak around the edges. Bacteria accumulate in these tiny crevices causing acid to build up which leads to decay.
You can help prevent tooth decay by following these tips:
Brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste.
Clean between your teeth daily with floss or interdental cleaner.
Eat nutritious and balanced meals and limit snacking.
Check with your dentist about the use of supplemental fluoride, which strengthens your teeth, and about use of dental sealants (a plastic protective coating) applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth (where decay often starts) to protect them from decay.
Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral examination.