Lybrate.com has top trusted Dietitian/Nutritionists from across India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bardhaman and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Niladri SarkarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I want to loose weight .My recent report is. TSH 3.98 LIPID CHOLESTEROL 170, triglyceride 221, HDL 40, LDL 100. sugar FASTING 99 PLEASE SUGGEST ME HOW TO LOOSE WEIGHT.
I'm 23 years old. I eat only veg. I'm slim and skinny! Suggest me, to gain weight and improve health. I've tried many, but no outcome, help me with this.
My name is asad qureshi my age is 11 n my weight is 50+ which is quite heavy n my school time is very hectic so my weight is increasing rapidly wat do I do for losing weight.
I am 75 kg. I want to lose at least 5 KGS. But not able to concentrate on my diet due to my busy schedule of school n house hold activities. Pls consult me a diet which will help me to reduce weight n also little time consuming. N which meet s nutritious benefit s. I usually take home made foods only. Morning tiffen idly dosa, pongal, lunch always rice. N for dinner chapatti s or little millets. Or.doses etc. Tea 2 times a day. N fruit s three times a week at least.
Im 23 yrs old. I will be fat 70Kg and my boobs and bums are looking awkward more than normal size. Please help to reduce it. I following green tea every morning, what shall I do? Please advise.
Im 19 now my weight is 67 I have a 3 months baby so can you refer me any tablet prescriptions so I can eat it for weight loss after I stop feeding my baby.
Are you among those people who love chocolates but are overcome by guilt even after having a small bar? (Basically 99% of the human population over the age of 12!) Here's some SWEET news for you! Studies show that not only can you bite into a lusciously rich-brown bar guilt-free but also delight in the knowledge that this food fit for the gods is doing your body a world of good. Sounds unbelievable? Read on...
1. Chocolate Reduces risk of diabetes by 31%
A detailed analysis of 7 studies published in 2011 reveals that dark chocolate can lessen the threat of type 2 diabetes by as much as 31%! This is due to enhanced insulin sensitivity and improved regulation of glucose triggered by chocolate consumption.
2. Chocolate Decreases risk of strokes by 20%
These sweet delights contain flavonoids, which are antioxidants with lots of health benefits. Swedish research reveals that consumption of 45 grams of chocolate per week helps in decreasing stroke risk among women by as much as 20 %.
3. 40 cups of cocoa a week enhance your blood flow
A recent survey by Harvard Medical School among Panama’s Kuna people reveals that less than 10 percent of their population suffer from heart diseases, diabetes or cancer due to the inclusion of up to 40 cups of cocoa into their weekly diet. Fascinating isn’t it? Dr. Norman, the lead researcher opines that the nitric oxide present in cocoa dilates vessels and enhances flow of blood through your body. Could there be a better way to stay healthy?
4. Chocolate boosts your working memory speed by 30%
Recently, the University of Nottingham conducted a brain-imaging study on healthy women. This showed that flavanol-rich cocoa improved the flow of blood into the brain for 2 to 3 hours. What’s more, it’s beneficial for older people suffering from dementia and Alzheimer’s. Plus chocolate enhances your scores on a working memory speed test by 30%.
5. Chocolate lowers risk of calcified plaque in the arteries by 32%
A recent study proved that consumption of chocolates for 2 or more times per week lowers risk of calcified plaque in the arteries by 32%. So basically, chocolate loves your heart as much your heart loves chocolate.
6. About 45 grams of chocolates keep exhaustion at bay
According to research conducted on chronic fatigue syndrome patients, an eight-week long consumption of 1.6 ounces (45 gm) of chocolate each day helps in keeping you active. The fact behind this is that chocolates help in enhancing your neurotransmitters, which in turn help in controlling sleep and mood.
So, now you might want to pamper yourself with this sinful delight. But do remember to take the path of moderation. Excess of anything… you can finish this line yourself. But do so while indulging in some good ol' Cadbury.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
In homeopathy we use the mother tincture of alfalfa.
Alfalfa as a powerful tonic for all
Alfalfa is popularly use as a nerve tonic. It makes our nerve strong and gives instant energy to all of our body parts making them work properly.
Alfalfa works wonderfully to cut inflammation of bladder, it makes kidneys work normally.
It refreshes the appetite and makes a nice morning drink. You can take it as juice also.
For heart problem:
Homeopathic mother tincture of this remedy helps you to keep safe from several heart diseases.
This remedy is a rich source of chlorophyll which is very useful in respiratory discomforts. It makes your lungs free of diseases.
High blood pressure:
High blood pressure is very common these days but alfalfa helps in softening of the hardened arteries to keep your blood pressure in check.
Hair problems are increasing day by day but here is the solution for all your hair problems. Alfalfa not only protect your hair from falling or getting damaged but also relives stress level which is the biggest cause of hair problem these days.
I am 59 male. My body weight is 79 kg, height 171 cm. I am now on a low carb diet for the last three months and walks 1 hour daily. But still my weight is not coming down. Please advice.
I am 23 year old female, I have been gaining weight at a very fast pace, I have gained almost 20 kgs in past 4 months, I got a thyroid test also. I do not have thyroid, I do not know what possible reason there is, in addition to it I have joint pain and as the day progresses I have shortness of breath, I am feeling tired all the time, I am less energetic as compared to before, recently I have seen swelling in my feet at the end of day. Kindly consult as to what I could possibly have.
Peyronie's disease is a problem predominantly found in 3-9% of adult men, especially after 40 years of age. In the disease, a scar tissue is formed in the outer layer of the penis called Tunica Albuginea. Scar tissue is a just plaque inside the penis.
Peyronie's disease causes the penis to bend sideways or upwards and can make sex become difficult due to deformity and erection may be a painful process. It is usually associated with erectile dysfunction, severe anxiety and reduced testosterone levels. It is worth noting that there are treatments for Peyronie's disease, however, the pain often goes away on its own, generally, in 6-18 months of onset, but the deformity stays.
Here is everything you need to know about this disease:
It is not known exactly what causes Peyronie's disease, however, there are some factors, which make it more likely than others. Here are those factors:
- Trauma: This is the most common factor which causes Peyronie's disease. It is believed that when someone suffers from tiny bleeding of the penis, which is very common in patients of Diabetes, the plaque starts to build up. The injury or trauma, which causes the bleeding may go unnoticed as well.
- Genes: Genes are also a possible cause of Peyronie's disease.
The symptoms of Peyronie's disease vary, such as:
- Pain on erection: There is usually pain in erection during the initial phase.
- Bent penis: When the penis becomes hard before sex, it may bend downwards or sideways by more than 15 degree, so the vaginal entry becomes impossible or is painful for the partner.
- Scars: Tissue may form on other parts of the body, as well including the hand and feet. In fact, it has been said that men who have scarring in the hand, which affect the fingers are more likely to contract the disease as well.
One may see extensive scarring in hands in a disease called Dupuytren's Contracture.
- Wait & watch: It is worth noting the acute phase with pain is treated by wait and watch, controlling contributory factors like diabetes, low testosterone and psychogenic factors. Antioxidants are useful. Large number of cases are relieved of the pain in 1 to 1.5 years.
- Intralesional injection: If the bend is significant enough to interfere in sexual functioning, It can be treated by injecting medicines in the plaque. The medicine, Xiaflex is currently not available in India and other medicines given are not very effective.
- Surgery: This is a last option when Peyronie's disease has not gone on it's own and medicines are not helping either. The two most common procedures performed are removing the plaque and putting a tissue graft in its place and also removing the tissue opposite the plaque to counter the bending effect. The results are fairly good.
Going for a Penile implant is the last option, which is a permanent solution and is commonly done in India. And, the success rate for Penile implant is also very high. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
You've probably heard that high blood pressure is a problem. Sometimes blood pressure that is too low can also cause problems.
Blood pressure is the force of your blood pushing against the walls of your arteries. Each time your heart beats, it pumps out blood into the arteries. Your blood pressure is highest when your heart beats, pumping the blood. This is called systolic pressure. When your heart is at rest, between beats, your blood pressure falls. This is the diastolic pressure. Your blood pressure reading uses these two numbers. Usually they're written one above or before the other, such as 120/80. If your blood pressure reading is 90/60 or lower, you have low blood pressure.
Some people have low blood pressure all the time. They have no symptoms and their low readings are normal for them. In other people, blood pressure drops below normal because of a medical condition or certain medicines. Some people may have symptoms of low blood pressure when standing up too quickly. Low blood pressure is a problem only if it causes dizziness, fainting or in extreme cases, shock.
Hello. I'm 22 years old. My height is 5'8" .but my weight is 50 kg. I feel weakness. When I take egg, milk,pulse, chicken.then I feel palpitation like a food allergies. So what I do for growth my weight. And witch type of food I can take. Thanks.
I am overweight and have fat deposited in my body at different places. Recently I heard about gynecomastia and I wanted to know how can I know whether I am suffering from that only and if that is the problem is surgery the only option or can it be removed by medication and exercises.
Hi i am medical student. & i am 19 years old. I eat lot of junk foods. now I am getting fats on everywhere on my body. How to reduce this all.
I am ama mondal. I am 22 years old. My height is 5'3". My weight is 45. How can I improve my weight? I have shown by many doctor. But there has no result of improving weight. Can you help me?
I am 43 years old suffering with type two diabetes last ten years and with regular medicine TRIPIED I and VOGLIBOSE 0.2 Can't control diet that's why sugar levels is always fasting 300 and above. Kindly tell me any Ayurveda which can control sugars.
We are all aware of how certain foods affect our overall health and weight. There are foods that work more than just boosting your metabolism or keeping a check on your blood sugar levels. Some foods can even improve your skin’s quality!
Here are some foods you can incorporate in your diet for healthy, glowing skin:
- Tomatoes: The chemical that imparts tomato its red colour, lycopene, has amazing benefits for your skin. Lycopene is an antioxidant that can brighten skin and slow down aging. The best way to reap its benefits is to eat tomato-based foods 3-5 times in a week.
- Green tea: Loaded with antioxidants, and acne-fighting powers, the humble green tea can protect your skin like no other. From acne to dull skin to aging, 3 to 5 cups of green tea can keep all that at bay, and give you healthy,glowing skin.
- Berries: Berries that are deeply coloured, such as cherries, strawberries and blueberries, are packed with antioxidants, which can counter blemishes and add that coveted glow to your face.
- Seafood and fish: Seafood and fish are rich in omega-3 fatty acids—a source of good fats. Eating good amounts of fats actually slows the process of wrinkling and combats acne problems, and everybody knows these two skin problems are a glowing skin’s biggest enemies. You can eat 5 servings of fish in a week to make your skin supple and glow.
- Pumpkin seeds: It’s not surprising that pumpkin seeds are called superfoods. These minuscule seeds contain numerous essential minerals like zinc, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, and manganese. They are rich in antioxidants and provide generous quantities of vitamins E and A, and contain essential vitamins including vitamin K and B. It protects your cell membranes, helps maintain collagen, promotes skin renewal, and anti-aging skin care. Enjoy pumpkin seeds on their own as a snack, add them into a homemade trail mix, or sprinkle them on yogurt or oatmeal.
- Carrots: Carrots are rich in beta carotene, which prevents cell degeneration. It slows down aging and adds a healthy glow to your skin. Carrots contain vitamin A, which has been found to have beneficial effects on wrinkles, lines and dull skin. You can drink carrot juice, or put them in your salads to get maximum benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.