Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Proton Therapy Treatment
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Pregnant Women Counseling
Prenatal And Birth Care
Musculoskeletal Pain Management
Ovarian Ablation Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Submit a review for Apollo Clinic BarasatYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Hello Dr, im 5 months pregnant. I have 2 queries. 1. Im getting very bad cravings for potatoes so Can I have 1-2 potatoes daily. Will it harm my baby? 2. Can I eat muskmelon seeds?
Hi Doctor, I am 37 year old male and we are trying for second children, so we consulting maternity doctor in my nearest area. They gave some test, check and prescribed some tablets, now we are taking regularly. Last we went for normal check-up and doctor prescribed the Duphaston tablet for my wife. Please tell me the Duphaston role and any side effect and its compulsory to take. Please advise.
I had sex with my girl friend for 3 days. After 2 days of unprotected sex she took unwanted 72 pill. Again on 3rd day we had unprotected sex for which she again took unwanted 72. Are there any chances that she might get pregnant? Will there be any adverse effect of 2 pills taken in 3 days. Pls suggest measures that she should take. She is really worried.
Motherhood is a life transforming phase that all women look forward to. With the conception of a baby, a number of physiological and psychological changes take place within the mother’s body. Soon there will be a number of restrictions in the kind of food a mother a can consume, the activities that a mother can perform, the way she sleeps or sits. These restrictions are put so as to allow the baby to grow and develop safely. The restrictions prevent injuries and accidents that can be quite fatal to both mother and child.
Sitting Postures You Must Avoid
Do not sit straight on the edge of the chair. Provide a support to your back.
Do not sit in a way that pressurises only one side of your hips. Evenly distribute your weight when sitting down. Be comfortable.
Do not sit at the same place and in the same position for extended time periods.
Do not twist from your waist when you are sitting on a rotating chair. Instead, slowly move the chair along with your entire body to turn around.
Standing Postures You Must Avoid
Avoid standing with your pelvis tilted forward or backward. You must stand straight with your stomach held in and up as much as possible.
You must not slouch while standing.
Do not stand in the same position for an extended period of time.
Do not put your weight on one foot. Shift weight occasionally if your feet are hurting, but make sure to evenly distribute the weight.
Do not bend too much backwards or forwards.
Do not keep your head tilted down or sideways when you are standing. Look up, look straight.
Sleeping Postures You Must Avoid
Lying on your stomach
Sleeping with pillows under your shoulders. Pillows should only support your head.
Do not sleep all curled up. Relax your feet and hands to allow the blood circulation to continue smoothly.
Do not jerk up from your lying position. Turn to the side, swing your legs down to the side of the bed slowly and sit up using the support of your hands.
Activities You Must Avoid
Hard core gyming
Intense aerobics that include a lot of jumping
Lifting heavy weighted objects
- Travelling by public transport on a jerky road.
If you wish to discuss about any spIfecific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My prolactin is 190 and TSH level is 6.6. I was under medication but when stopped taking cabergoline my prolactin level again increased. I got the tests done this week itself. Please suggest if there is any possibility of getting pregnant in my case.
Can TB be cured? Can it be affected once it got cured? How many months tablets to be taken to get complete cured. I am Married and my spouse effected by me, can I have sex during TB treatment is on process.
We had unprotected sex, and she took ipill within 8 hours and now after 7 days she is getting little bleeding. Is she pregnant? Is dat continue for NXT days ?and her normal periods dat was 17 ,can we expect the next period date. please help us.
A birth control pill is commonly referred to as an oral contraceptive pill. A form of hormonal contraception and is a highly effective method of birth control. Only 1% of women experience unintended pregnancy when on the pill.
Birth control pills are of two types i.e combination pills and mini pills. Combination pills contain synthetic forms of the two hormones called oestrogen and progesterone. The mini pill only contains the hormone progesterone and is called progestin.
However, the pill does have some side effects to it. These include the following:
- Intermenstrual spotting: Within the first three months of starting the pill, women experience vaginal bleeding between the two period cycles.
- Nausea: Although the symptoms subside after some time, some women till experience nausea for a while after taking the pill. If one consumes the pill with food or before going to bed, this can help lower the likelihood of feeling nauseous.
- Breast tenderness: The breasts might feel tender and enlarged after taking the pill. However, anyone who finds a lump in the breast or feels continuous pain needs to seek medical help.
- Headaches: Migraines and headaches are a very common phenomenon of the birth control pill. Different types and doses of these pills may result in different headache symptoms.
- Gaining weight: Experiencing certain fluid retention in the hip or breast area is very common. It also affects the fat cells of the body because of the oestrogen present in the pills.
- Mood swings: Those with a history of stress or depression might start to feel the same again. If one has that kind of a history and starts to feel emotional changes, she should consult a doctor immediately.
- Missing periods: It is a common side effect that after using the pill, one's period might get skipped. This is influenced by several factors including stress, depression or thyroid dysfunctions.
- Decreased libido: The sex drive can be widely affected by the birth control pill. Although many other factors could result in a decreased libido, but if it remains after having the pill and is persistent, one should seek medical help or consult a specialist.
- Vaginal discharge: There could be an increase or a decrease in the vaginal lubrication. Some people might experience vaginal discharge since it is very common. Changes in vaginal discharge never turn out to be harmful.
- Changes in the vision: Fluid retention due to the birth control pill can result in the swelling of corneas. Because of this, even contact lenses do not fit comfortably. Contact lens wearers should consult an ophthalmologist if their vision or lens tolerance is disturbed.
Although there are certain side effects to taking birth control pills; however, one should not abstain from taking them in the fear that they might cause certain side effects. These pills are a precautionary measure along with other protection methods and should be taken in case someone wants to avoid pregnancy at the time being.
I have PCOS problem due to which I am not able to conceive, but I have very regular periods. My gums had put me on clomid for 6 cycles and on gonadotrophin injections for 4 cycles and did IUI for 2 cycles. For this month I am not taking any medications as suggested by my gums. But she has told me to take Chirocyst Tablet (contains Chromium Picolinate, D-Chiro-Inositol, Myo-Inositol, N-Acetylcysteine, and Vitamin D3 as active ingredients). How is it going to help me? I am due to my period but still no signs. Am I pregnant? As I heard many stories which says after coming off clomid we can conceive naturally. I really need a professional advice please.
I did 3rd time sex after loosing my virginity. But during intercourse I feel just only pain. Not any pleasure types feelings. Am afraid is this any sexual problem to me?
I have back pain in upper right side and also in breast. Is that really a problem. There is no lump in breast.
I am 3 month pregnant and I dint get loose motion from one month just yesterday once I get motion. please say something wat to do? To get motion.
What is erythroblastosis fetalis?
Erythroblastosis fetalis is also known as haemolytic anaemia in the newborn. This occurs due to blood incompatibility in the mother and foetus. Due to this incompatibility, the antibodies present in the mother’s blood, will pass through the placental barrier and attack the blood cells of the foetus. This will lead to the destruction of the red blood cells of the foetus and it is likely to cause anaemia in the foetus. This condition varies from mild to very serious. In its moderate or severe stage, the erythroblasts or immature red blood cells are formed in the blood of the foetus and this disease is called erythroblastosis fetalis.
Why does it happen?
The two main causes of erythroblastosis fetalis are Rh incompatibility and ABO incompatibility.
- Rh Incompatibility: When the mother is Rh –ve and the father is Rh +ve, there is a good chance for the baby to be Rh +ve. The antigens present in the blood of the Rh +ve baby will behave like a foreign agent and the mother will produce antibodies against it. If it is the first pregnancy, then the child may not be at risk, however, if the second child ends up being of +ve blood group again, then the antibodies present in the mother’s blood will attack the baby and may result in a spontaneous abortion.
- ABO Incompatibility: This usually occurs when the mother’s blood group A, B, O does not match the baby’s. This causes fewer complications in comparison to Rh incompatibility, but it may be severe if the child has a very rare blood group.
How to avoid it?
It is a highly preventive condition. Firstly, you have not tested your blood group; it is advised to get it tested along with the blood group of the father. If you already know your blood group, then you must mention it to your doctor. If the father has negative blood group, then there will be no problem. However if the father is Rh positive, then it is advised to get routine tests done by the doctor.
The other preventive measure to take is a treatment called RhoGAM or the Rh immunoglobulin. It reduces the reaction of the mother to the baby’s blood cells. This shot is administered around the 28th week of the pregnancy. It is also administered 72 hours after the birth of the baby with the positive blood group. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.
Keeping track of your cycle probably doesn't sound that interesting or important, but you can get a lot of benefit by doing that. There are changes that your body goes through and there are specific times when you are ovulating; knowing all these would make your life a lot easier, which is only possible by tracking your period.
- Know about your body: Getting your period every 28 days has always been considered normal, but only 15% of women get their periods on the clock. Many factors such as stress, illness, exercise etc. can cause your period to delay. This is where tracking your cycle can help you finding the pattern that is specific to your body condition. During your cycle there are lots of changes happening in your body. The hormones cause a change in the fluid produced from your cervix and also lead the basal temperature of your body to increase. Monitoring these changes through tracking your cycle is known as the symptothermal method. By this way know about how fascinatingly your body works.
- Desire to get pregnant: Tracking your cycle will help you get pregnant. During your cycle, there is a specific time, which heightens the possibility of conceiving. The fluid production from the cervix due to hormonal change is the cause of such possibility. Knowing your cycle can take out the stress from trying to get pregnant and it can also determine any abnormalities that are preventing your pregnancy.
- Avoid pregnancy: If you know the time when you are most likely to get pregnant through tracking, you obviously know when not to have sex if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. Using symptothermal method for the purpose of birth control has proven to be 99.6% effective, which is higher than birth control medications.
- Health benefits: You can reap a lot of health benefits by tracking your cycle. Conditions like fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis are quite common in women, which can be detected by tracking your period. If anything is wrong in your reproductive system, the cycle will indicate it.