Doctors in Suresh Hospital & Diagnostics
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Abortion
Laser Hair Removal
Customised Diet Chart
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Root Canal Treatment
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Submit a review for Suresh Hospital & DiagnosticsYour feedback matters!
Vaginal Candidiasis is a condition that is brought on by an infection in the vaginal area of the patient. This affects women as a rule. It is triggered by the presence of a fungus known as Candida Albicans which is usually present in the vagina. While it is harmless when it remains in its dormant state, there are many conditions in which it gets activated and causes an infection which can cause great pain and discomfort to the patient. Itching and discharge from the patient’s vagina are normal symptoms of this condition. There are many medicines in homoeopathy that help in treating this condition in the most natural manner. Let us look at a few.
- Sepia: This medicine is usually prescribed when there is a white and thick discharge emanating from the vagina. It can also be used for symptoms like pain in the region, as well.
- Pulsatilla: This medicine can be used when the patient experiences a burning sensation along with the creamy kind of discharge that is usually found when this infection strikes. The patient will also not feel thirsty even though the mouth will constantly remain dry.
- Thuja: This medicine, along with nitric acid can be used when the patient is experiencing symptoms like itching in the vaginal area which can lead to the eruption of ulcers as well. Also, a sharp and stinging pain will be experienced by the patient in such cases.
- Monilia Albicans: With this medicine, the patient can treat a number of symptoms that come about due to this condition. The cracks and fissures along with itching and burning that many patients experience when the infection increases can be treated with the help of this medicine.
- Helonias: This medicine can be used for many kinds of symptoms also. It can be used when the doctor finds the vulva containing certain thick and curdy deposits which can leave a strong odour as well. Also, in such conditions, the patient may also experience constant fatigue and weakness too.
- Kreosote: This medicine is usually prescribed by the homoeopath when the patient is experiencing extreme itching in the vagina and vulva region due to the presence of the fungus and the resultant infection. Also, in such cases, the patient will find inflammation in the region which can lead to a lot of pain.The milky white kind of discharge will also be seen as a symptom of this condition. All of this can be treated by this medicine.
- Sepia: When the patient experiences excessive pain in the vaginal region along with a burning sensation during and after intercourse, then this medicine may be used. Also, when the vagina feels unduly tender and sensitive, the doctor will prescribe this medicine for relief.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Kidneys are responsible for the removal of waste and unwanted particles from the bloodstream. They are part of the urinary tract and are responsible for the formation and excretion of urine. It is the filtration and waste disposal system of the body. And as such plays a pivotal part in our health and well-being.
A kidney infection, more often than not, starts with a bladder infection and then spreads to the kidneys. It is caused by the presence of bacteria, specifically a bacteria called E.Coli. Though extremely rare, it is possible to get a kidney infection through your skin. It might make its way into your blood and then travel to the kidneys. You might contract an infection after surgery but that is extremely uncommon as well.
A kidney infection is diagnosed by running a urine test to check it for the presence of bacteria, blood or pus. Other tests may include a CT scan, an ultrasound or a kind of X-ray called voiding cystourethrogram, which involves injecting a contrast dye to image the bladder while urinating.
- Antibiotics: The first lines of treatment for a kidney infection are antibiotics. Depending upon the bacteria that has been found in your urine tests and your personal health, your physician will prescribe you specific drugs. The symptoms usually abate after a few days of treatment, or you might need to continue the antibiotics for a week or so more. It is advisable to continue with the entire course of the drugs even if you feel better after only a few days. Another sample of your urine will be tested afterwards to ensure that the infection has cleared up.
- Hospitalization: For a severe case of kidney infection a physician will insist on hospitalization. The treatment will include antibiotics and a copious amount of fluids that will administered to you intravenously. The severity of the infection would dictate the length of the course of drugs required.
- Surgery: Kidney infections can be symptomatic of a much more serious underlying medical condition. Kidney infections may recur with increasing frequency due to a structural defect of the urinary tract. A nephrologist or a urinary surgeon (urologist) should be consulted for an evaluation. You will most likely need surgery to repair the structural abnormality to ensure that the infections desist.
Kidneys are vital organs that perform important functions of waste removal, and maintain the balance of the body’s fluids. Infections should thus be diagnosed and treated promptly.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Male factor infertility is a common problem these days and it describes those couples that have failed to be pregnant owing to health issues of the male partner. While in most cases, people have a general misconception that infertility is related to female reproductive issues only, recent statistics say otherwise.
Various reasons can be attributed to male infertility which may range from low production of sperm to poor quality sperms, to abnormal morphology. Male factor infertility is also related to men who have normal sperm production, but it does not get transported to the vagina during intercourse.
Evaluating male factor infertility-
It is crucial to evaluate men who are suspected to be infertile through comprehensive checkups, physical tests, and numerous semen analysis. In certain conditions, additional tests and evaluations may also be required. For men with a severely low production of sperms, and poor sperm motility, it is important to consider karyotypic abnormalities. Male factor infertility was previously regarded as a contraindication to in-vitro fertilization since the presence of abnormal sperms may not be able to fertilize female eggs. But recent statistics show that there is an indication of IVF allowing fertilization and eventual live births in couples where the man has impaired sperms. IVF has shown commendable success in the treatment of such men.
When to consider IVF?
It goes without saying that IVF has benefitted many couples suffering from male factor infertility over a decade. Some of the most common problems treated by IVF include:
- Men having poor quality semen which may involve poor motility, low concentration and even poor morphology dealing with the shape of the sperm.
- Couples who have failed to conceive through normal intercourse and conventional infertility treatments.
- Men with non-obstructive and poor quality sperms can also benefit from the IVF process. Generally, such men produce sperm in a reduced quantity and also have an absence of sperm in their ejaculate. Some men who have undergone chemotherapy may also have compromised sperm quality as well as quantity.
- Men suffering from the congenital bilateral absence of the vas deferens or CBAVD are able to produce sperm but they do not have the vas deferens which is the outflow tract.
- Lastly, men who have undergone vasectomies and did not wish to undergo a reversal can obtain sperm that can be used in the IVF process.
Regardless of what’s causing infertility, it is important to consult an IVF expert to get through the process. IVF with the help of intracytoplasmic sperm injection is an advanced laboratory process in which a healthy sperm is injected into an egg for creating an embryo which is subsequently implanted into the uterus of the women. Besides the IVF treatment, medications and hormone therapy may also be used for altering high or low hormone level affecting fertility.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Seasonal changes are usually a time when we need to take extra precautions to ensure that we do not end up catching any bacteria that may lead to infections or influenza as well as allergic reactions. Common cold and flu is a common occurrence during such times. Seasonal changes are usually known to cause flu and cold, which can also come with chills, sneezing, cough and fever.
Here are a few homeopathic medicines and remedies that can be used during this season.
- Aconite: This medicine is especially helpful when there is fever after sudden exposure to dipping temperatures. Once the cold starts to affect the patient, this medicine must be taken so that congestion is prevented. It can also be used when initial symptoms like tingling and burning sensations in the nose start.
- Arsenicum: This medicine can be used during harsh winters and can be prescribed for stopping the discharge from the nostrils. It can also help in treating congestion and severe cold. If sneezing fits do not reduce, one can have this medicine. It also relieves burning sensation in the throatand nose, as well as fever.
- Allium Cepa: When the discharge from the nose is cold and heavy as well as thin, it can be cured with the help of Allium Cepa. Persistent discharge is one of the symptoms for which this medicine is usually prescribed. Also, this medicine helps patients who experience cough and discharge once they step out of a warm room.
- Euphrasia: When the top part of the respiratory mucous membrane is affected, this medicine can be used. It is also helpful when there is soreness in the nostrils and lips. Also, yellow and acrid discharge from the nostrils can be cured with this medicine. Dryness and pain is also one of the symptoms for which this medicine may be prescribed.
- Gelsemium: When the cold first starts and begins to manifest as headaches, this medicine can be used so that it breaks up the cold effectively. Also, dullness and weakness due to oncoming fever can be checked with this medicine. Further, a sore throat can be treated with this medicine. Excessively warm weather that leads to a cold can be treated with Gelsamium too.
- Nux Vomica: If you have caught a cold from damp and cold weather conditions, the doctor can prescribe Nux Vomica. This effectively treats cold symptoms likedry nose, minimal discharge and a tickling sensation in the nose.
- Mercurius: This medicine can be prescribed to treat frontal sinuses that may be suffering due to the flu. Violent sneezing and excessive sweating can be cured with this medicine.
It is to be noted that a large chunk of a child’s genetic code is carried by the male procreation cell. Some other interesting facts about the male procreation cell, the sperm, are listed below:
- Diet affects a man’s sperms: A man’s daily diet plays a major role in the health of his sperm. The choice of food has a big impact on sperm. For example, a publication in The Journal of Biology and Reproduction, 2011, has shown that DHA (an Omega-3 essential fatty acid found in cod liver oil and salmon) aids in improving the morphology of the sperm. Increase in DHA levels can turn a sperm with a round head into a healthy sperm with a cone-shaped head and fill it with important enzymes that aid in egg-opening. Increase in levels of DHA also helps in improving sperm mobility. Another study has shown that men who consume an excess of 3 cups of coffee per day exhibit a reduction in concentration of the sperms as well as total sperm count along with poor quality of the sperm.
- Health of sperm can be improved by climaxing regularly: Production of semen is reduced due to irregular ejaculation or abstinence from sex.
- Wireless Technology is capable of damaging sperm: Recent studies have shown that laptops using Wi-Fi to connect to the internet damages sperm via non-thermal effects. Hence, scientists suggest that men should try to avoid keeping laptops on their laps directly and should keep their cell phones in places other than the pant pockets.
- Extra energy for penetrating the egg: The journey of a sperm is long and vigorous; an incredible amount of energy is needed to penetrate the ova. Naturally, there is a dearth of energy when the sperm finally reaches the ova. At this time, a stream of energy is provided because of a burst of progesterone from the female. This energizes the sperm, which in turn, helps in penetration of the egg.
- Protection: The immune system assumes that sperms are foreign invaders because they carry only half the DNA as compared to other cells. Hence, there are special protective cells present in the testicles that create a barrier which tends to attack the sperm cells.
- Life span: The publication of a study in Biology of Reproduction (1984) has stated that sperm cells, in appropriate conditions, have a life span of up to 5 days within a woman’s body.
- Negative impact of lifestyle choices on sperms: A number of studies have shown that men having habits such as smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, consuming caffeine and who are obese have hampered fertility. This has a negative effect on the health of a sperm. Men who frequently consume alcohol tend to exhibit poor sperm concentration and lowered sperm mobility.
Thyroid is a small butterfly shaped gland, which is present at the lower frontal region of the neck, right beneath the voice box. It produces hormones which regulate metabolism (the breakdown of food by the body to convert it into energy). It even plays a pivotal role in boosting organ functions as well as in helping the body to sustain heat. However, too much of hormone production by the thyroid gland might yield structural problems, for instance, growth of nodules (abnormal tissue growth) or cysts (non-cancerous sac-like structures containing fluid) and swelling. Hence, a thyroid surgery is a must once these problems occur. The surgery, administered with general anesthesia, eliminates the thyroid gland either wholly or partially.
Why do you need surgery?
- The presence of tumors or nodules on one’s thyroid gland is one of the reasons why one should go for the surgery. Although most of the nodules are benign, few can be pre-cancerous or cancerous too. Also, those benign nodules can spell trouble, if they expand in size, thus obstructing the throat. They can be problematic as well if they cause the thyroid gland to overproduce hormones, giving rise to a condition known as hyperthyroidism.
- Hyperthyroidism can be corrected through surgery. It is often an outcome of Grave’s disease, an autoimmune disorder wherein the body misidentifies the thyroid gland as a foreign body, thereby creating antibodies to combat it. The thyroid gland gets inflamed in the process, resulting in the overproduction of hormones.
- Another reason is the enlargement or swelling up of the thyroid gland, termed as goiter. Similar to large nodules, goiter too can clog the throat, thus interfering with one’s breathing, speaking and eating.
Types of Surgery
- Lobectomy: This procedure calls for partial removal of the lobes when a nodule or an inflammation affects just half of the thyroid gland.
- Subtotal Thyroidectomy: Here, a small proportion of the thyroid tissue is left behind even after the elimination of the thyroid gland.
- Total Thyroidectomy: Through this procedure, the entire thyroid gland is taken out along with the thyroid tissue.
A Hemifacial spasm is a disorder of the nervous system that causes one side of the face to twitch involuntarily. This may be caused by the compression or irritation of facial nerves. This is most commonly caused by a blood vessel that puts pressure on a facial nerve. In many cases, there is no apparent cause of a hemifacial spasm. In other cases, it can be triggered by an injury to a facial nerve or a tumor.
One of the most characteristic symptoms of this condition is involuntary twitching of the facial muscles. This typically begins around the eyes and can lead to forced closure of the eye. Gradually, these spasms spread to the lower part of the face and may turn continuous or affect all the facial muscles on one side of the face. These spams may worsen when the person is stressed or tired. Pain is usually not a symptom of this condition.
Hemifacial spasms can be treated in a few different ways. These include:
- Botulinum Toxin Injection: This is the most common form of treatment for this condition. This involves injecting small amounts of botulinum toxin into the patient’s face. The area around the eye is the primary target for such treatment. As a result of these injections, the muscles in the face are temporarily weakened and spasms are relieved. The effects of this injection can last for 3 to 6 months. Some of the side effects of this form of treatment include weakness, ptosis and facial asymmetry. However, these effects are usually temporary.
- Pharmacologic Therapy: In cases where spasms are infrequent and mild, medication may be used as treatment. It is also often prescribed to people who cannot be treated for this condition with botulinum toxin injections. Medication may also be prescribed to patients with early idiopathic hemifacial spasms or non-compressive lesions. This form of treatment is usually successful in early of mild cases of hemifacial spasms. However, over time, the effects of these medications can attenuate and more aggressive treatment may be required.
- Surgical Decompression: This form of treatment can have excellent results. It is often recommended in cases where the other two forms of treatment are unsuccessful. The most common type of surgical procedure used to address this condition is known as microvascular decompression. Another type of surgery that can be used is called the posterior fossa exploration. In rare cases, a Myectomy may be prescribed.
Understanding Male Sexual Problems
Though a topic like sexual dysfunction may seem extraordinarily private, to be properly evaluated and addressed you need to be able to talk openly and honestly with a health professional to regain a more satisfying sex life. To get to the heart of the matter you will need to evaluate your relationships, partners, past sexual history, possible depression, history of trauma, or other stresses in your life that may be inhibiting your ability to respond sexually.
A health care provider may take you through the following steps:
1. A physical exam checking for:
a. Check for high blood pressure
b. Possible vascular disease
c. Neurological disorder
d. Obvious signs of conditions affecting your penis or testicles
2. Blood tests to check for diabetes, thyroid disease, or other hormonal disorders
3. Review the list of medications and vitamins you use daily
4. You will be asked about whether you awaken with an erection - since men normally have multiple erections during sleep.
5. Your doctor may ask for an ultrasound exam to measure the blood flow within the pelvis (a penile Doppler study) to determine whether there is sufficient blood flow and pressure in the penis to allow for a suitable erection.
What Are the Treatments for Male Sexual Problems?
Depending on the issue at hand a number of possible treatments may be recommended, such as:
Medication to either:
- Increase testosterone levels
- Decrease prolactin
- Treat thyroid disease
- Address high blood pressure
- A change in existing meds if necessary that comes with fewer sexual side effects
- A bid to stop smoking, drinking alcohol, or use of recreational drugs
- A recommendation to eat a healthier diet and to exercise regularly
Studies have shown that taking these measures above may slow the buildup of fats that can block the blood vessels.
Treatments for erectile concerns may include:
• A device that pulls blood into the penis or a vacuum inflation device
• Inflatable penile implants
• Prostaglandin urethral suppositories
• Self-injection of medications directly into the penis
• Vascular surgery to correct problems involving the veins of the penis
• Natural male enhancement supplements or herbal "viagra" pills
Psychotherapy, couples therapy, or consulting with a sex therapist may help with psychological barriers to sexual functioning.
The bottom line is that many sexual or erectile issues may vastly improve with a combination of healthy lifestyle, sometimes some counseling and perhaps scripted or herbal meds to assist.
Many men simply need a dose of sex-confidence. Fear of dating, performing or other intimacy anxieties can make a man wilt. Taking a natural male enhancer to boost performance anxiety often does the trick for millions of men.
Physical and psychological problems in relation to sex are not all that unusual as people age. Many senior men (and women) experience a decline in libido due to hormone levels, medications or other factors.
While naturally a dramatic blow to one's sex life may be caused by illness or injury, it may not be as well known that certain medications like those used to remedy high blood pressure and depression, are also known to reduce libido.
Declining levels of testosterone in both men and women, or possible nerve damage caused by diabetes may impair a man's ability to get and sustain erections. Shame about an aging body may cause a psychological impairment. Even boredom or relationship difficulties may dampen desire.
Remedying the sexual problem is advised because regular sex helps to keep circulation flowing to the genitals, which in itself is a pleasure booster. Sex also helps couples survive the ups and downs of long-term relationships. Sometimes a natural herb is all that is needed to get libido up and running again consider taking:
• Maca - used to arouse sexual desire
• Korean Ginseng - Panax ginseng - to improve mood, boost endurance and treat erectile problems
• L-arginine - an amino acid used for increasing blood flow, and helps with erectile problems
Better Sex in 5 Easy Steps - Hints for Breaking Out of a Bedroom Slump
When it comes to sex, even the steamiest couple hits a cold patch from time to time. Rather than letting sex go by the wayside and hoping it comes back into the picture, it is better for a couple to be proactive and get back in the saddle as soon as possible. The longer a couple goes without having sex, the more they become accustomed to their new routine - so stoke the sexual fires tonight and get back to a better sex life now. Already enjoying hot sex? Check out these 5 tips and to see if things can get hotter than hot; and learn why a healthy penis translates into a healthy sex life.
Shock those senses
A good way to enhance a sexual experience is to wake up all 5 senses. This helps to invigorate the body and can lead to a whole new level of pleasure. Try taking a hot shower (together, of course), turning up the water as hot as tolerable. Daring couples who really want to wake up their sense of touch can try an icy blast of cool water every now and then. Or break out some ice cubes after the shower - the juxtaposition between hot and cold will drive those senses wild! To awaken the other four senses, try lighting scented candles or snuggling by the fireplace for sexy ambiance. Bring sweet treats like chocolate sauce or whipped cream into the bedroom, and put on some love-making music for an all around sense-ational experience!
Though getting sweaty before getting busy may not sound sexy, getting the blood flowing can actually ramp up one's desire. When the blood is pumping it goes everywhere - including the genitals. Maybe even try working out together, seeing each other all sweaty and working hard may be enough of a turn-on to trade one kind of work out for another.
Fun fact: Even if the workout occurs earlier in the day, a couple is more likely to get busy later on. Studies have found a positive correlation between exercise and sex, meaning the more a couple engages in exercise, the more likely they are to sex-ercise as well. If that's not motivation to hit the gym, nothing is!
Act like a teenager
Remember the last time the hormones were going crazy and one couldn't get enough of one's partner? Chances are that things were hot and heavy in high school or in the early 20's. Even for teens who weren't getting busy, there was probably plenty of making out, which certainly stoked the desire to make a guy wish he could have sex that night. Going back to a simpler time of no-strings-attached making out can ensure that the mood will get hot and heavy - talk about hitting a home run.
Enter a fantasy world
Most everybody has a secret sexual fantasy - but how many people actually experience those fantasies outside of their mind? Rather than just imagining all the things one could do to one's partner - why not see if he or she is actually willing to try them out? Even if a couple decides not to act it out in the end, sometimes just talking about fantasies is enough to get things moving in the bedroom. Don't know where to start? Try picking up an erotica book and reading excerpts aloud to each other; this is sure to get the creative juices flowing.
Keep the penis healthy
Though it may seem intuitive for some, many men do not take special care of their special package. But when one thinks about what exactly is riding on a healthy penis, it makes sense to keep the tool in top-notch condition. To enhance the health - and appearance - of the penis, use a high quality penis vitamin cream (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil) that contains Shea butter and vitamin E to moisturize the skin and keep it touchably smooth. Other vital nutrients such as L Arganine and Acetyl L Carnitine help enhance the sensitivity of the penis and improve blood flow for stronger erections. Simply apply after the shower and enjoy a healthier penis.
Small Penis Facts: The Micropenis
There's no sign that men's anxieties concerning penis size are slowing down; as a matter of fact, some believe that the near-omnipresence of online porn is only making men feel more and more anxious about whether they have a small penis or not. The evidence suggests that the vast majority of men don't need to worry; though they may not have equipment that would make a horse jealous, most men have more than enough equipment to satisfy themselves and their partners. As a matter of fact, the actual occurrence of men with a micropenis seems to be definitely rare. Some studies indicate less than 0.5% of men would qualify as a micropenis possessor, and other studies suggest the prevalence is even smaller.
Of course, just what is a micropenis? There's some debate as to the exact definition, with some believing it is any penis which measures less than 3 inches in length while erect and others opting for 2.5" or 2". So for the purposes of this article, it must be left vague - but it is in any case a smaller than typical penis.
With that in mind, here are a few facts about the small penis referred to as a micropenis.
- A guy with a micropenis may still be a grower rather than a shower. Even though a micropenis is a very small penis when erect, it may be even smaller when flaccid. Also, in some cases it may be bigger in circumference than in length.
- It still works. Though it may be a small penis, it still functions exactly the same as a larger model. The same stimuli create an increase in penile blood flow and retention, leading to a hardening which enables the penis to achieve penetration. Many women report that they still achieve sexual satisfaction even when their partner has a micropenis. And many women have become pregnant from men with a very small penis.
- Urinating can be an issue. If the penis is especially small when soft, it may be difficult to urinate standing up. The penis may not extend far enough out of the flap or it may not reach the urinal or toilet properly.
- Hormones may help. In some cases, especially if the penis is determined to be especially small at an early age, infusions of male hormones may help to increase the length somewhat. This is especially true when the brevity of size is due to a lack of testosterone production while in the womb.
- Kallmann Syndrome may also be to blame. Sometimes a micropenis is the result of a genetic disorder known as Kallmann Syndrome - or indeed of other diseases in the family called hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. Essentially, a person with Kallmann Syndrome is kept from starting or fully finishing puberty. The hypothalamus fails to produce GnRH hormone, which in turn means that the body doesn't produce adequate amounts of testosterone. In addition to the penis being small, the testicles are also usually much smaller than normal - which in turn affects the production of sperm and semen.
Many men lament the fact that they have a micropenis, but others have learned to accept it and live much more comfortably with it. Use of penis sleeves or sheaths can sometimes help a man with a very small penis feel more comfortable with his sexual encounters.
Whether a man has a micropenis, a small penis or a large penis, he needs to keep it healthy. Regular application of a superior penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) can help. Look for a crème that includes among its ingredients vitamin C, a key component of collagen, a tissue in the body that gives skin its tone and elasticity and is vital for penile erections. The crème should also include vitamin B5, or pantothenic acid, which is a vital nutrient required for cell metabolism and the maintenance of healthy tissue.