Doctors in Sakra World Hospital
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Submit a review for Sakra World HospitalYour feedback matters!
The very thought of injury to the brain itself is traumatizing. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) refers to destruction or damage of brain tissues because of a car crash, sudden fall, assault, gunshot wound, etc. Brain damage occurs due to a blow to the injured person's head, which whips the head backward and forward or from one side to the other. In a car crash, specific areas like the temporal and frontal lobes of the brain seem to get damaged. Many individuals wish to know about post brain injury effects as they hold a certain misconception about this particular matter.
Be aware of what can be expected post a brain injury
Two kinds of effects are usually observed immediately after a TBI. The tissues of the injured individual's brain might react to trauma as well as lead to tissue damage along with a comprehensive series of physiological and biochemical responses. Certain things that were once safely housed in the cells might flood the brain after injury. Such process results in further destroying and damaging of brain cells and is termed as secondary cell death.
The other type of effect is actually noticed in the injured person's functioning. People with extremely severe injuries may lose consciousness during the period of trauma. The state of unconsciousness might last from a fraction of minutes to many weeks or several months. Lengthy loss of consciousness is better known as coma. Negative respiration changes and motor functions may also be produced just after few days of the trauma. Individuals with severe injuries may never regain consciousness, but others who will come to the conscious state may undergo certain neurologically-based signs like aggression, irritability, etc.
Just after few weeks of a brain injury, the healthy functioning of brain tissues are slightly affected due to bleeding, swelling as well as a change in brain chemistry. The eyes of an injured person might stay closed post injury, and he or she may not exhibit any positive signals of awareness. Slowly, with the decrease of swelling as well as blood flow along with an improvement of brain chemistry, the functioning of the brain tends to improve gradually.
Also, with proper treatment, the injured individual might seem to open his eyes slowly. Besides this, a sleep and wake cycle might also begin, and he or she may start to follow commands,provide a response to the members of the family and speak.
In certain cases, a person may also enter into the minimally conscious state. This means he or she will stay partially conscious and also understand the source of visual and sound stimulation. Such a person can show signs of vocalization at times as well as an outburst of emotions. Later, during recovery stages, an individual can also develop various physical and brain functions, and may regain the ability to respond gradually.
Were you looking for ways to biohack your physical, psychological and spiritual areas? Here is all that you were looking for.
Biohacking is not a rocket science but a do-it-yourself phenomenon which refers to bringing in lifestyle changes on your own. All your conscious actions that make your life healthy and happy.
In this article, the focus is to help you bring some changes in mental, physical and spiritual areas. Of course, you need not do all of them in one go. Take it slow and see what helps you and what modifications you need based on your preference. So let’s go one by one from one area to another:
Exercise: Begin your day with exercise. Now that we have a wide range such as aerobics, zumba, yoga, gym, pilates. You may choose the one that interests you the most because if you don’t like it, you procrastinate it all the time. So, go for trials, read, ask your friends, and figure out a way you would like to take it up. It doesn’t have to be at the beginning of your day but anytime you find yourself rocking on the chair for way too long, just stand up and move yourself a little bit. Movement not only keeps you away from feeling tired or lethargic but keeps your brain active.
Play frequently: Go back to reminiscing the good old times, when you would wait for Sundays to go to the park and play. How happy it would make you feel and made you spontaneous. Playing gives you a dopamine rush. And if in case if you were one of those indoor players, don’t worry, instead start looking for your board games or video games. It has amazing benefits such as increasing your concentration levels, enhances problem-solving, kills boredom, improves memory and stimulates the growth of cerebral cortex
Add colours to your meals: Adding colours to meals does not mean adding synthetic colours but a wide variety of veggies, fruits, cereals of different colours and varieties in your meals. Why add colours? The reason is simple, each colour has its own benefits for instance beetroot is rich in iron, similarly, eggplant is rich in potassium.
Moving on to the Psychological Area-
- Stress: Stress can become debilitating when it comes to the cognitive functioning of any individual. It disrupts your functioning, thus it is essential to control stress. You must have experienced high levels of stress at some point in your life. Prolonged states of high stress can sometimes lead to shutting down. Alongside, it has an adverse effect on the other areas as well such as a decrease in sleep, appetite, processing information, memory to name a few. However, if stress is too low, most often one tends to procrastinate, decreases productivity. Therefore, an optimal level of stress enhances your productivity.
- Stop replaying the past: One of the biggest mistakes that you keep doing is replaying the past. When you keep digging into the negative past events and replay it thousand of times, it wounds you. It is essential to pick on the hurts and stop digging deep into them because they will only harm and be of no good to you. Instead, let go of them and reminisce the events from past which gives you happiness and makes you feel better about who you are.
- Positive affirmations: No one will come and tell you that you are doing a good job, you have to take that initiative for yourself because being happy is a do-it-yourself project. And it depends on you how you do it. Make a list of all the good you have done in your day, feel good about yourself. It not only helps in reducing stress but also boosts your self-esteem.
The spiritual area doesn’t necessarily mean being ritualistic or focussing on a particular religion. It can be anything that gives you strength, grounds you and makes you feel high on your energies.
- Meditate: You must be aware of the benefits of meditation on your brain functioning and your body. It helps in healing and aids in gaining emotional balance. It not only provides you the space to relax and rejuvenate but also helps to bring clarity in thoughts, improving communication skills. It is also a great way to gain inner stability. There are many ways you can choose from for meditating such as guided meditation, mindfulness, to name a few.
- Introspect: Everyday spend some time with yourself, you can also start by maintaining a journal. Introspection makes you build a close contact with your conscience which fosters better choices and decision making. Furthermore, helps in broadening your horizon and brings you closer to the centre within you.
- A pinch of gratefulness: The focus on gratefulness is increasing these days because you are forgetting to notice the good that is in and around you but constantly engaging in self-loathing. Just pause for a moment or two and engage in all the things that you have in the here and now. It is one way in which you can grow at a faster rate in all the areas, may it be physical, psychological or spiritual. It cultivates your core and does not take much but just a few minutes of your day.
You have the ability and can choose to transform yourself as many times as you want because you do deserve the best. So, go ahead biohack yourself with some alternatives, you have never tried before.
Stress is a condition in which we feel frustrated, angry or worried and anxious due to circumstances we find ourselves in.
Stress also takes the form of different diseases in your body, if it is left untreated. Even when you are faced with the same situations, it can cause a different stress response in different people.
Here are a few homeopathic remedies to help calm an anxious person:
- Argentum Nitricum: Argentum Nitricum is also known as nitrate of silver. This is helpful in cases where anxiety makes a person insecure and unsure of what to do. When you're anxious, you are likely to crave for something sweet and feel very hot. Both these are cyclic symptoms of anxiety, and can worsen the situation if not dealt with. However, Argentum Nitricum helps calm the digestive effects of sugar and cool the body to keep anxiety levels in check.
- Arsenicum Album: Arsenicum Album is a constitutional remedy that can treat both chronic and acute problems. This works well on people who are worried about safety and security. If issues like health, money and break-ins are the cause of your anxiety, this homeopathic remedy is ideal for you. It also helps deal with restlessness.
- Kali Phosphoricum: Kali Phosphoricum is a potassium phosphate that helps calm people when overwhelmed by anxiety attacks. This is suitable for people who are easily stressed, over sensitive, insecure, irritable and despondent. It also helps deal with the after effects of grief and fright. Physical ailments such as fatigue, dullness and lack of energy that are a result of anxiety can also be treated with this bio-chemic salt.
- Aconite Napellus: Aconite Napellus is made from a purple flowering plant by the same name. it has a number of uses, primary among which is to control anxiety. This is one of the best homeopathic remedies for sudden, intense anxiety attacks and for post traumatic anxiety. It also helps deal with after effects of anxiety such as memory weakness, restlessness, oversensitivity and spells of rage.
Obesity surgery is more commonly referred to as bariatric surgery. It is a surgery done on the stomach and/or intestines of a person with morbid obesity so that he or she loses weight. It is believed that as of now, bariatric surgery is the only option that almost always works to help overly obese people lose a lot of weight, which automatically makes the associated chronic conditions vanish.
How does this surgery work? Bariatric surgery works by changing the anatomy of the stomach and the digestive system (gastrointestinal tract) or by causing different physiologic changes in the body, which in turn changes the energy balance and fat metabolism. Technically, eating fewer calories than they are burned by the body, results in gradual and long-lasting weight loss. Bariatric surgery is the best option for people who have a body mass index (BMI) above 40. It can also be recommended for people with a BMI in between 35 and 40 and who have health problems such as type 2 diabetes, hypertension, or higher risk of heart diseases.
Types of obesity surgery: There are four types of bariatric surgical procedures that can be done to promote weight loss. This includes:
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery – This is commonly known as gastric bypass. It is considered as the gold standard of weight loss surgery. This procedure is often considered to be highly effective and a more permanent one.
- Adjustable gastric band – This is more commonly referred to as band surgery. It is the most basic and easiest of surgeries to do.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy – This procedure is often called the sleeve. Studies show that the sleeve is as effective as the gastric bypass surgery in terms of weight loss and improvement of diabetes. However, the complication rates of the sleeve are on the higher side.
- Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch Gastric Bypass – Abbreviated as BPD/DS, it is a procedure with two components. It is considered to be the most effective surgery for the treatment of diabetes among all.
However, only a surgeon is able to decide which surgery will be the best for a patient. The decision is made after carefully considering the condition, requirement and manifestations of a patient. Moreover, the surgeon will also consider the advantages and disadvantages of each obesity surgery type before choosing the most suitable one for an individual.
Benefits of obesity surgery: Bariatric surgery continues to benefit people worldwide who fight against morbid obesity. Obesity is associated with impairment in the quality of life. In particular, obesity can cause increased physical limitations, body pain, fatigue, high blood pressure, and even diabetes. Bariatric surgery also acts as a preventive intervention against these serious health problems caused by obesity. Numerous studies have suggested that not just physical but many individuals have reported improvement in psychological functioning as well.
Bariatric surgery can help improve patient’s overall mood and psychological health. Patients who have undergone these procedures report decreased feeling of depression and anxiety, as well as an increase in energy to take up more active lifestyle post-surgery. Obese patients who undergo bariatric surgery not only live longer but also live much better.
Pleural effusion, in medical terms, is a condition characterized by an abnormal accumulation of fluids in the pleural space. The pleural space is essentially the region between the tissues that form the lining of the lungs and the chest cavity. The fluid that builds up in the pleural space may either be protein-rich (Exudative Pleural Effusions) or watery (Transudative Pleural Effusions) in nature, thus helping doctors ascertain the cause of the pleural effusion.
- Exudative Pleural Effusions are often found to be triggered by medical conditions such as Cancer, Inflammatory diseases, Kidney disorder, Pneumonia, or Pulmonary embolism.
- Transudative Pleural Effusions, on the other hand, may be triggered by Cirrhosis, Heart Attack and Pulmonary embolism. People undergoing an open heart surgery are also susceptible to Transudative Pleural Effusions.
Further, people with Meigs’ syndrome, autoimmune diseases, congestive heart problems, Chylothorax, Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, or Tuberculosis also stand a higher risk of suffering from pleural effusions.
In most of the affected individuals, pleural effusions trigger
- Shortness of breath or difficulties in breathing, a condition called Dyspnea.
- Some individuals also experience chest pain, dry cough, and Orthopnea (difficulty in breathing especially while in lying flat or in a sleeping position).
The first step towards effective treatment includes identifying the underlying health problem that triggered pleural effusions. Doctors work towards
- Treating the pleural effusions.
- Ensuring that the condition (Pleural effusions) does not recur.
- Measures are also taken to treat the health problem that resulted in pleural effusions.
In case of severe breathing troubles, doctors may perform Thoracentesis, an invasive procedure whereby the doctor carefully inserts a needle through the chest wall to drain out the excess fluids that have accumulated in the pleural space. While Thoracentesis is known to produce fruitful results, people with chronic lung disorders or a lung surgery should refrain from this procedure.
In the case of pleural effusions resulting from congestive heart failure, the use of diuretics come as a great relief. To prevent the recurrence of the condition or to deal with malignant pleural effusions, doctors may also opt for Pleural sclerosis or Pleurodesis, which involves the removal of excess pleural fluid from the pleural space.
The doctor slightly irritates the tissues of the pleural lining to create a scar. It is this scarring that results in the fusion of the two pleural layers thus filling the space between the layers and preventing the recurrence of pleural effusion. In malignant pleural effusions, patients may also require chemotherapy or radiation therapy. In extreme cases, doctors may perform Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS). In VATS, ½ -inch long incisions (1-2) are made to drain out the pleural fluid. To avoid recurrence of the effusion, an antibiotic or a sterile talc is placed inside during the surgery.
In case of pleural effusion resulting in infection at the pleural space, an Open Thoracic Surgery (Thoracotomy) is carried out to treat the condition.
While there are several treatment methods for pleural effusion, proper identification of the underlying cause is imperative to recommend the line of treatment best suited for the patient.
Keeping track of your cycle probably doesn't sound that interesting or important, but you can benefit a lot by doing that. There are changes that your body goes through and there are specific times when you are ovulating; knowing all these would make your life a lot easier, which is only possible by tracking your period.
- Know about your body: Getting your period every 28 days has always been considered normal but only 15% of women get their periods on the clock. Many factors such as stress, illness, exercise, etc. can cause delay in your period. This is where tracking your cycle can help you find the pattern that is specific to your body condition. During your cycle there are lots of changes happening in your body. The hormones cause a change in the fluid produced from your cervix and also lead the basal temperature of your body to increase. Monitoring these changes through tracking your cycle is known as the symptothermal method. By this way you know about how fascinatingly your body works.
- Desire to get pregnant: Tracking your cycle will help you get pregnant. During your cycle, there is a specific time which heightens the possibility of conceiving. The fluid production from the cervix due to hormonal change is the cause of such possibility. Knowing your cycle can take out the stress from trying to get pregnant and it can also help determine any abnormalities that are preventing your pregnancy.
- Avoid pregnancy: If you know the time when you are most likely to get pregnant through tracking, you obviously know when not to have sex, if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. Using symptothermal method for the purpose of birth control has proven to be 99.6% effective, which is higher than birth control medications.
- Health benefits: You can reap a lot of health benefits by tracking your cycle. Conditions like fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis are quite common in women, which can be detected by tracking your period. If anything is wrong in your reproductive system, the cycle will indicate it.
Tragacanth gum is the sap of the thorny shrub tragacanth, which is a thorny and low-growing shrub. It is mostly found in the mountainous regions of the Middle East. Iran is the highest producer of this tree gum, which is also called Gond Katira in Hindi.
This gum is odorless, tasteless, and a water-soluble mixture obtained from the sap of the plant and then dried. Tragacanth gum has varied uses, which is not limited to consumption and includes uses in several other industries. It is also an important part of Ayurvedic treatment due to its medicinal properties.
How is the gum obtained?
The gum is derived from the roots and the stem of the plant by making an incision. The incision is generally made 5 cm below the ground level. The sap is then collected and dried as flakes or crystals.
Health Benefits of Gond Katira
Several health benefits are associated with Tragacanth gum. The best part, however, is that this sap cools the body during summer and in winters, it heats up the body. Tragacanth gum is beneficial for:
- Treating heat stroke as the gum acts as a cooling agent. During summers, a drink can be prepared by soaking the gum in water and then making a drink out of it after it has become fluffy.
- It is effective for treating constipation due to its purgative properties.
- Tragacanth gum is effective in increasing libido and also for treating sexual inadequacy or weakness in men
- This sap has anti-aging properties, which is beneficial for your skin as it delays the development of wrinkles and fine lines.
- This gum is a part of herbal treatment for women who have small breast and wish to increase its size.
- Tragacanth gum is great for new mothers who become weak after delivery. It is said to be beneficial for both the mother and the baby.
How to Consume Tragacanth gum
Tragacanth gum can be a part of several food items that we consume on a daily basis. It includes:
- Dressings for salads, in sauces, mayonnaise as well as the base of condiments
- As a thickener for ice cream
- Used for making puddings as well as laddoos, especially during the winters
- As cake decoration flowers
Other Uses: Apart from consumption, Tragacanth gum is also used in several other industries. Some of the other uses include:
- Polish for leather goods or for leather dressing
- In textile print paste for silks and crepes
- For hardening calico
- In ointments and creams as thickener or lubricants, in lotions for hair or hand as it increases the shelf life
- In toothpaste as it acts as a suspending agent
- As adhesive in the cigar to secure it
Though Tragacanth gum is good for health, you must be cautious about its side effects and also restrict the consumption amount. Some of the precautions include:
- Consuming sufficient water to prevent choking or blockage in the intestine
- Checking for sensitivity for natural gums or quillaia bark, which can cause breathing problem
Motor tics are generally experienced by children, and the symptoms can last up to one year. This disorder is characterised by brief and uncontrolled spasm like motions which are also accompanied by screams and other outbursts. If the physical and vocal tics come together for each attack, then the condition is known as Tourette Syndrome. Motor tics may occur due to problems in the functioning of the neurotransmitters in the child’s brain. These are chemicals that are usually responsible for transmitting signals throughout the brain, and a malfunction can lead to serious issues. Here are a few Homeopathic ways of dealing with this disorder.
Selective Treatment: Homeopathy will provide a form of ad hoc care that can help in treating the various symptoms that are associated with these tics. The symptoms include obsessive compulsive disorder as well as the tendency of exhibitionism. Also, the mechanical repetition of actions with head jerking movements and lip biting as well as wincing are some of the main symptoms that one will experience in such cases. While most of these symptoms tend to vanish as one progresses towards adulthood, it has been found that Ignata and Cuprum Metallicum are some of the Homeopathic medicines that can help in treating these symptoms, as well as painful facial tics. Agaricus Muscarius can also help in treating the symptoms of motor tics.
Prevention: The point of Homeopathy medication is also to prevent the occurrence of such tics. Cina 15 CH can be prescribed for this purpose along with Zinc Metallicum. Also, these medicines will help in treating the anxiety that the child may feel when suffering from this condition. Further, many Homeopath doctors will recommend and administer a Hyoscyamus based treatment to deal with this aspect of the condition. Hysteria and violent movements can also be prevented with the help of Staphysagria.
Involuntary Movements: The treatment of involuntary movements felt as a part of this condition can take place with the help of Homeopathic medicines like Sepia, China, Zinc and Lycopodium. A Gelasium-based treatment can also be prescribed in case the tics are accompanied by violent head movements and hysterical fits.
Visit to a Doctor: For most Homeopathic treatments, especially for conditions like these, it is important that you visit the doctor for physical examination. Based on your symptoms, the doctor will provide the right dosage and right treatment. Also its important to monitor the progress so that the diseased can be managed. In some cases, if the symptoms cannot be contained by the medication, one may require immediate hospitalisation. The doctor may also check for symptoms related to Parkinson’s Disease, as many times tics are a symptom of this disease, especially when they are experienced by adults. In most cases, these patients react well to Homeopathy based treatment methods.
Severe pain during intercourse causes difficulty in a relationship in both partners. Sometimes a sustained occurrence of pain might be an indication of some serious medical dysfunction. As such, consult a doctor as soon as the pain arises. Contrary to popular beliefs, sexual pain can occur in both male and female.
In female, the reasons behind the painful sexual intercourse might be:
- Vaginismus, a condition when the vaginal muscles tighten up mainly due to anxiety or fear and cause significant pain with a tearing sensation.
- The pain can arise due to vaginal infection due to yeast or any form of sexually transmitted disease or pelvic inflammatory diseases.
- A severe injury in the vagina during childbirth or any other accident and psychological stress can also cause severe pain during sex.
- Sometimes, uterine or menopause problems (formation of fibroids in the uterus) can also cause pain.
- Cyst formation in the ovary or endometriosis (when the inner tissue lining of the uterus tends to grow outside) can also cause severe pain during intercourse.
- Some men can experience pain during intercourse because of allergy to the fluids of the vagina or the chemical content of certain contraceptives.
- You can experience pain because of undiagnosed sexually transmitted diseases like herpes or gonorrhea
- The pain might also occur due to urinary tract infections or side effects from certain medications.
- Severe pain just a few moments before ejaculation can be a result of inflammation of the prostate glands and should be immediately diagnosed as it might be a signal of prostate cancer.
For treating pain during sex in female, you should opt for the following procedures
- If the pain is caused due to vaginal dryness after menopause, you should consider the application of prescribed lubricants or jellies to reduce the pain.
- If the pain occurs due to severe anxiety or stress, sex therapy can help you improve physical intimacy.
- If there are other symptoms like severe bleeding or irregular periods in addition to the pain, a visit to the physician is recommended.
Quite similarly in men
- If the pain occurs due to severe anxiety or stress, sex therapy can help you improve physical intimacy.
- If the pain results from side effects of certain medications, you should try changing your prescribed medication after doctor’s suggestion.
- In extreme cases, the doctors might suggest hormone replacement surgery.
Heavy medication is often not required to treat fatigue. Homeopathy is an effective approch to deal with fatigue as it stimulates the body to heal itself. In most cases, simply replenishing phosphate cell salts in the body can have a beneficial effect and give you more energy. These salts help regulate disturbances in the constitution of a person at a cellular level. Phosphorus salts or phosphate compounds can be found in our body fluids, tissues and organs. These salts are essential for energy production, communication between cells and other regulatory responses. It is also vital for healthy bones, teeth and membrane structures.
Take a look at these five cell salts and how they can revitalize you and help fight fatigue.
- Calcarea phosphate: This compound is a building block cell salt. It is essential for the healthy growth of teeth, bones and blood cells. It helps with a number of conditions created by structural stress and helps fight tiredness and restlessness. It is also a beneficial tonic for children exhausted by long periods of mental exertion such as studying.
- Ferrum phosphate: This is an iron compound that is critical to the health of blood cells. By fighting cold, cough and slight fever in the initial phase, it keeps the body healthy and helps build up the immune system. When alternated with calcarea phosphate, the iron in this cell salt is absorbed more easily. Thus Ferrum phosphate can also help regulate the hemoglobin levels in the blood and reduce physical weakness and fatigue.
- Kali phosphate: This potassium and phosphorus compound is considered as a nerve nutrient cell salt. It can be used to treat agitation and depression by calming the nerves. It also fastens the healing of damaged nerve structures. It can also help treat insomnia that follows a day of excitement and physical strain.
- Magnesium phosphate: This is an antispasmodic cell salt and is also known as the homeopathic asprin. It is essential for well structured muscles and their connective tissues. Magnesium phosphate helps muscles move smoothly and can be used to treat minor spasms, radiating pains and to relieve pen up tension and cramps. It can also ease painful menstrual cramps.
- Natrum phosphate: The body depends on this compound to break down acids and help with the digestive system. Thus this is considered as an acidity cell salt, which also helps with issues like headache, muscle ache, stiffness and fatigue.