Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Black Spots on Skin
Treatment of Hair Growth
Skin Whitening Procedures
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of Oily Skin
Treatment of No Periods
Treatment of Rashes
Submit a review for Fortis La FemmeYour feedback matters!
Now a days everyone is behind weight loss programs. But at the same time there are many people struggling with weight loss.Weight loss can result from a decrease in body fluid, muscle mass, or fat.Other causes of weight loss include, but are not limited to, cancer, viral infection (such as CMV or HIV), gastroenteritis, parasite infection, depression, bowel diseases, and overactive thyroid.If the secondary causes are ruled out you can try following steps for weight gain.
1.Eat lot of proteins.Protein forms the building blocks of your muscles. Eating sufficient protein is required to gain muscle weight instead of just fat.If you're trying to gain weight, aim for 0.7-1 grams of protein per pound of body weight (1.5 - 2.2 grams of protein per kilogram).High protein foods include meats, fish, eggs, many dairy products, legumes, nuts and others. Protein supplements like whey protein can also be useful if you struggle to get enough protein in your diet.
2.Eat at least 3 meals per day and make sure to eat plenty of fat and carb.
3.Eat lot of energy dense food.Add lot of spices,condiments and sauces sothat the food becomes tasty and you can take more of it.Energy dense foods are
- Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts, etc.
- Dried fruit: Raisins, dates, prunes and others.
- High-fat dairy: Whole milk, full-fat yogurt, cheese, cream.
- Fats and Oils: Extra virgin olive oil and avocado oil.
- Grains: Whole grains like oats and brown rice.
- Meat: Chicken, beef, pork, lamb, etc. Choose fattier cuts.
- Tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams.
- Dark chocolate, avocados, peanut butter, coconut milk, granola, trail mixes.
4.Lift heavy weights and improve your strength. This will help you gain muscle mass instead of just fat.
5.Squeeze in an additional meal or snack whenever you can, such as before bed.
6.Use large plates if you are trying to get in more calories,
7.Good sleep. Sleep is very important for muscle growth.
8.If you have a mix of foods on your plate, eat the calorie-dense and protein-rich foods first. Eat the vegetables last.
9.Don't smoke.Smokers usually experience weight loss.Quitting smoking can lead to weight gain.
10.Drink milk and weight gainer shakes which are rich in proteins,carbs and calories.
11.Don't drink water before meals or along with meals as it can reduce food consumption.
12.You can also try supplements like Creatin Monohydrate.Simply consume 3–5 grams per day. However, it may take three to four weeks to maximize muscle stores.Better to consult a Naturopathic physician before starting any supplements for weight gain.
Sir I am 24 year old student my memory capacity is very low that is when I remember something I forget it on the next day please suggest some good medicines to improve concentration level and memory I have read on somewhere else that eating blue berries gone really help to memorise easily will this true or it is a myth only please suggest.
A lot of things can be done to cope with the initial stages of dementia. A person goes through a wide range of emotions such as fear, denial, frustration, and anger, post the diagnosis. Here is a list of tips that will help a patient with dementia to cope better:
- Physical health: For a dementia patient, it is very important to take care of one’s health. A good diet along with regular exercise and adequate rest is a prerequisite to manage this disorder.
- Regular check-ups: Regular medical check-ups with the doctor are necessary in this condition. Depression and other mental health problems should be discussed with a professional.
- Quit alcohol: Alcohol might give momentary pleasure from the misery, but it has long-standing implications. It reacts with the medicine and creates additional health and memory-related complications.
- Allocate time for difficult tasks: With time, it can become difficult to perform even the simplest of tasks. The patient should accordingly schedule the time to perform the tasks which may be difficult to carry out. Adequate breaks should be taken while performing a task to avoid getting fatigued.
- Redefine work: If a patient is suffering from dementia is still working, it should be ensured that the work is more manageable from a desk. Planning an early retirement may be a good idea in order to cope with dementia.
- Be organised: Keeping track of things can get difficult with time. It, therefore, makes sense to organise all belongings systematically. Putting labels on doors and drawers also help.
- Continue pursuing your hobbies: Amidst the difficulty and the depression, it is a good idea to continue doing things that are fun. While such activities might require some assistance from the doctor and family members, this helps the patient to be cheerful and healthy.
- Maintain notes: Since dementia is involved with forgetfulness, it makes sense to maintain a diary and keep records of phone numbers, people, appointments, etc.
- Communication channel: Maintaining a direct communication channel with family, friends, and relatives is a good idea. Sharing feelings will go a long way in maintaining relations with loved ones.
- Support group: Joining a dementia support group can be highly beneficial for the patient. It will not only give the patient company but also make sure that the patient gets a lot of useful information about the disorder. It also helps in keeping the morale up.
- Getting ready for the future: Things need to be meticulously planned well in advance to ensure that when the disease progresses, the patient has enough people to look after him. Things such as medical arrangements, financial assets, and property details should be carefully handed over as per the patient's wish. This will ensure a smooth run of the patients’ life when they can no longer take care of themselves.
There is nothing more attractive than a voluptuous mouth bearing bee-stung lips. This is usually known as a natural pout which adds a certain charm to your smile. But what happens when your lips are too thin and you do not have a pout? There are many ways to alter the look of your mouth with the help of lip gloss and tricks of make-up. But these are not permanent solutions.
For a more permanent and long-lasting pout that will look natural, you can go for a cosmetic procedure that will be conducted by a cosmetic surgeon. Here are the details of this kind of procedure which can give your thin lips a beautiful pout.
- Lip augmentation: This kind of procedure involves the administration of fillers that will plump up the lips by giving them some extra volume. This volume will be spread proportionately throughout the mouth so that the proportions and the shape also remain intact. This will give you a well-defined pout.
- Substances: These fillers can be of various types, and made up of various substances. Synthetic dermal fillers are the most popular choice in this regard, and they are known to consist of hyaluronic acid or HA, which can give you volume and definition. This substance is usually found in the tissues of your body as well as the skin and its cartilage. Perlane and restylane may also be used.
- Procedure: The procedure is simple enough where the area will first be numbed with the help of mild anesthesia. Thereafter, the injection will be administered in small doses. The effect of the injection usually lasts for a period of six months, after which it will have to be renewed.
- Side effects: Like most procedures, this one too has a few side effects and risks that can be taken care of by the cosmetic surgeon who will administer the fillers. There will be minimal bruising, swelling and even a little bleeding right after the procedure. The patient will usually be asked to keep some ice packs ready so that this problem may be tackled easily at home. However, if the problem persists or gets worse instead of subsiding after a few days or a week, it may be time to go to the doctor to have it checked again.
- Protection: It is important to protect your skin after such a procedure. Ensure that you stay indoors for a few days, and even then, you must apply a good sun block when you to step out. You will also need to keep your skin and face well moisturised so that the lips do not become dry or chapped.
Cancer is a disease everyone dreads. It is not only difficult to come to terms with this but in many cases, it can be downright traumatic. Cancer is a medical condition wherein the growth of abnormal cells cannot be controlled. In some kind of cancers, the cells spread to other tissues making the situation worse.
Stomach cancer usually occurs across the lining of the stomach that is responsible for producing mucus. This form of cancer is known as adenocarcinoma. It has been witnessed that cancer occurring in the body of the stomach has drastically reduced. Instead, the cases of cancer occurring in the upper portion of the stomach have increased. This area of the cancer is termed as gastroesophageal junction.
What are the symptoms of stomach cancer?
Symptoms and visible signs of gastroesophageal junction cancer include the following:
- Fatigue throughout the day
- Feeling of bloating just after a meal.
- Loss of appetite or feeling full after consuming very little food
- Sharp to dull to constant pain in the stomach
- Frequent but unexplained nausea
- The persistent problem of indigestion.
- Frequent heartburn
- Frequent and persisting vomiting. This is applicable before and after dinner
- A feeling of weakness throughout the day
Causes of stomach cancer:
Stomach cancer like any other cancer occurs when there is a mutation occurs in a cell. The mutation forces the cell to rapidly divide and grow. Like other cells, they do not die. They also affect the nearby organ and thus spreads throughout the body. Gastroesophageal junction cancer is closely related to smoking, obesity and gastrointestinal reflux disease. Studies have shown a high correlation between cancer in the main body of the stomach and salted foods.
What are the risks involved?
The primary risk for this condition is obesity and GERD. Factors that can increase the risk of stomach cancer include the following:
- Smoked food or a diet that is rich in salt.
- A family history of stomach cancer.
- Polyps in the stomach.
- A long history of inflammation of the stomach.
- A diet that is not rich in vegetables and fruits.
- Food infection with a fungus called aflatoxin.
Diagnosis of Stomach Cancer:
Diagnosis is done by a series of tests. Th first one being upper endoscopy that involves the insertion of a tiny camera inside the stomach to find out the inner picture. In the case of any suspiciousness, a small tissue is taken out to inspect. Some other imaging tests include CT scan, barium swallow etc. There could be four stages of cancer depending on the advancement of the spread of the cancer cells in other organs of the body.
The treatment plan is decided depending on the stage of cancer. If a doctor feels that surgery is required to eradicate the infected tissue, he suggests the same along with radiotherapy. If, however, the surgery is not needed, doctors suggest chemotherapy followed by few dosages of radiotherapy. The dosage is decided on the extent of the spread of cancer and other factors such as future threat, the present medical condition of the patient etc. Surgery is the only best hope available in present world depending upon the stage !
The uterus is set up inside the pelvis with different muscles, tissue, and tendons. Due to pregnancy, labour or complicated delivery, in a few ladies, these muscles tend to weaken. Additionally, as a woman ages and with a loss of the hormone oestrogen, her uterus can drop into the vaginal canal, bringing about the condition known as a uterine prolapse.
The following conditions can bring about a prolapsed uterus:
- Pregnancy with complicated or even ordinary delivery through the vagina.
- Weakness in the pelvic muscles with the increase in age.
- Weakening and loss of tissue after menopause and loss of normal oestrogen.
- Conditions leading to increased weight in the abdomen, for example, constant coughing (with bronchitis and asthma), straining along with constipation, pelvic tumours (uncommon), or clogging of liquid in the abdomen.
- Being overweight puts extra strain on pelvic muscles.
- Previous surgery in the pelvic region leading to loss of outer support
However, this condition can be treated effectively:
- Self care at Home: You can strengthen your pelvic muscles by performing Kegel workouts. You do these by contracting your pelvic muscles, as though attempting to stop the stream of urine. This exercise makes the pelvic muscle strong and gives some support. Have your specialist train you on the best possible approaches to exercise your muscles.
- Medications: Oestrogen (a hormone) cream or suppository ovules or rings embedded into the vagina help in strength and endurance building of the tissues in the vagina. However, oestrogen is just for use in some of the postmenopausal ladies.
- Surgery: Based on your age and whether you wish to conceive a child naturally, surgery can repair the uterus or remove it. The uterus as in many cases can be expelled with a hysterectomy. During the surgery, the specialist can repair the hanging or saggy vaginal dividers, urethra, bladder, or rectum. The surgery might be performed by an open abdomen procedure, through the vagina, or through little cuts in the abdomen or vagina with particular instruments.
- Other Therapy: In case that you do not need surgery or have a poor possibility for surgery, you may choose to wear a steady gadget, called a pessary. It is worn in the vaginal tract to strengthen the falling uterus. It can be utilised briefly or can be long-lasting. They come in different shapes and sizes and should be fitted according to the person. In case that the prolapse is extreme, a pessary may not work. Prolapse surgery is always preferred by vaginal route. Likewise, pessaries can disturb the insides of the vagina and may bring about a noxious release.
It can be prevented in the following manner:
- Decrease your weight.
- Try to avoid constipation by consuming a high-fiber diet.
- Do Kegel exercises to strengthen the pelvic muscles.
- Stay away from heavy lifting or straining.
We all love that perfectly glowing skin that has no marks or signs of ageing like moles, tags, fine lines, dark circles and many others. However, for most of us, this remains an imaginary picture that we have in mind. What stares back at us in the mirror has some of the above noted features, in various combinations. However, the desire for that blemish-free skin without any of these continues and is actually not far from reality too.
Some major irritants causing skin scars are as follows:
- Vascular marks including thread veins and broken capillaries.
- Spider nevus is a spider-web like structure with a central vessel and surrounding capillaries dilated radiating away from it. Similarly, blood spots are red, vascular spots that come with ageing.
- Skin tags or milia or warts, these are harmless but esthetically concerning and can irritate if found in an area where it interferes with the garments
- Age spots or brown spots that occur due to sun exposure are also harmless but are esthetic concern.
With esthetics attaining such importance, new ways are constantly being identified to help people improve their looks. While there are various creams and lotions and serums with promises of various chemicals that can do wonders, there actually are procedures that have a scientific basis and can produce results more quickly and effectively.
The following are some popular advanced cosmetic procedures (ACPs) that can help clear these blemishes and produce a spotless, clear skin.
- Chemical peels: This is an exfoliation process done in the clinic, by removing the top layers of rough skin, thereby, making space for new skin to grow. It stimulates growth of collagen and elastin, and promoting new skin growth. It can also be combined with topical antioxidants such as tretinoin and vitamin C, which are proven beneficial for the skin.
- Dermabrasion: Used in a variety of conditions (acne, wrinkles, blemishes), it works on layers that are far deeper than a chemical peel. A rotating brush is used to remove the upper layers of the skin, leaving the underlying layers open. The removed layers of the skin may form a scab, and can be mildly painful. The doctor may decide to use a mild local anesthetic if required.
- Laser skin resurfacing: The skin has an upper thicker layer and an inner thinner layer. A small amount of laser is applied to the underlying layers to stimulate them to produce collagen. The top layers are kept cool with a gel. The extra collagen produces improves elasticity and produces younger looking skin, removing all blemishes.
All these are equally proven ways to treat blemishes. The decision of choosing one particular method should be completely based on your expectations.
Hi. Am 24. I was a very jolly kid in childhood. Had many frnds in school. But in class 11 I was bullied and made fun of by my friends. I didn't liked it. I got angry. Slowly everyone in class started teasing me. I started being alone. I avoided going out. Because of fear of meeting them and being made fun of. All this while I got so nervous that I didn't knew how to tackle all this. So I started masturbating. Because after masturbating I would feel relief of all the tension and thought of bulling and teasing. It continued for 1.5 year. Then I stopped going out. I didn't like going out. I had no interest in anything. Though I was an bright student. But didn't opt for higher studies because of fear that I will. Have to meet them at tution. I ignored them and we left the place. I would also add a point that they would call at night to disturb as a result till today I find it fearful to attend a call from unknown number. Di then started professional studies, but due to family problem study stopped and had to work. I came across a girl via FB. Became frnds. I started realizing that I had feeling I proposed she rejected buy said if I pass she will say yes. I had resume studies and I actually passed the next exam. But within few days rather than saying yes she made her friend call me. Who said he'll lot of things to me. I was unhappy. I tested her that she could have said so. Rather than making other people involving in it. I was hurt. I deleted my watsapp. She tested me after 4 months said sorry and accepted proposal of mine. I didn't force her or even ask her this time. I went to meet her. We had good talks. Meanwhile I failed next exam. And after she says she tested me saying she had no feelings and was trying to see if feelings could grow in her heart. I was damn sad. Requested her but she was angry and didn't reply. Everything was over. It's been 9 months all this memory coming back from school to this girl. I can't concentrate on anything. I don't like working anymore. No interest in anything. Feel like running away from everyone. I feel worthless. I feel disgusting. What to do. I can't memories properly. Thought about all this comes in mind. Every one says I have become short temperer. I am getting thinner day by day. And no happiness in life. please guide me. What to do.
There is a small swelling just on one side of my anus. It doesn't cover the hole in any fraction. It doesn't hurt. When I touch, I feel a "ball like thing" What is that? Is it scary? What kind of treatment will be given to me? Is there anything I should do?
Having too much dandruff. How to get rid of it. Have seen many dermatologists in past years. Nothing worked. Is it curable?
I am suffering to hair fall ani my front side hair are gone please help me how can I get that hairs again.
I Have Hairs Fall problem more Than 2 Years I Used Many Types of Shampoo Oil Too To reduce Hairs fall. I Also Try Ayurvedic Shop and Shampoo To Relief from This Hairs Fall Problem. But I Didn't Get Relief From this problem. I Love my Hairs Please Doctor Suggest me Best Treatment To Reduce or Prevent My Hairs Fall. Also Tell me Home Remedy To Prevent Hairs fall. Plzzz Doctor.
I am 32 years old and my weight is 84 kg so I want to loose it .please help me to provide steps or solution loose the same.
I have Diabetes from last 10 years and I am also suffering from high blood pressure from last 7 years. I am also suffering from Knee problem since 2002. My Left knee is been operated by knee transplant.
I want to loose lower abdomen fat. Any diet suggestions to do it faster. However I do not use sugar and salt.
Hi am 24. I am have fearful thought about everything in my life. Means if I don't pass my life would be difficult. What would I do. If I marry will I even be able to sustain the marriage. On every single incident my heart beat increases very fast. I can't decide what to do and what not. What to do. Whom to consult.
I had a slip disc surgery of l4-5 previous year bh which I reduced my weight and again I gained approx. 5 kg which I have to reduce asap.
In order to provide tailored treatment choices to a maximum number of patients, researchers from Stanford University in the US have defined five new categories of mental illness that will cut across the current broad diagnoses of anxiety and depression.
The five categories are general anxiety, tension, anhedonia, melancholia and anxious arousal. These categories are primarily defined by their specific symptoms and areas of brain activation.
This step was taken, in order to provide guided treatment to millions of patients who suffer from these problems worldwide. In India, as per WHO the number of people who suffer from depression and anxiety is 5 and 3 Crore respectively.