Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Mrs. Mamtha RajeshYour feedback matters!
I have been smoking for 4 years. Have also smoked ganja for 2 years. I want to stop it. But will the tar from the lungs get removed? How much time will it take.
My child has a red mole on his forehead since birth it was small n it's big will it disappear or we need to do the surgery but will that harm him or leave any marks on it's face worried for the same as he is 1 years 6 months only.
Hi, I'm 20 years old male, How to stop masturbation because of this I feel memory loss and weak in studies I cannot concentrate in anything feel like sleepy all day since past 4 years i'm doing all this and I feel pain at abdomen (kidney) side please help me any medication allopathy to stop this immediately.
I was preparing for the police selections, but I was unable to run even 400mts. What to do for running long distance without stress? What type of diet should be maintained? What precautions to be taken to run without causing splints?
I am a student of CA Final. I sit for long hours to study. What sort of food intake is required to have good brain health and avoid gastric problem I am facing these days. Kindly suggest a diet plan for the whole day specially for breakfast.
My brother doesn't study properly he cannot grasp anything or concentrate on studies. What can I do can I give him saraswathi churanam for remembrance or what can I do suggest some remedy for him to study.
I am suffering from ocd last 15 years. My age 32/m marrried. Working in bloodbank as lab technician. Excessive hand wash, phobia blood product, always bad images in mind, I hate dirty people never want touch, I normal at work but when I came home (last 2 year) take bath half an hour and dettol handwash again and again. App. Half hour.
The Power Of Passion
Passion is the energy that can fuel a project, or a task. It gives you the energy to jump out of bed every morning or go to bed late after you have worked out the last block that was stopping your passion from flowing. It has a similar role to inspiration. When we engage in something we are passionate about, we feel free from external and internal blocks and in control. Time recedes into the background, and we feel empowered to engage in flow.
Research has shown that passion has brought people back to life and start thriving again, making them more emotionally stable and a strong mental equilibrium. Abraham Maslow, a US psychologist said that without passion, nobody would reach their “self actualised” state.
Passion can make or break you. Passion can make you feel invigorated, committed, focussed, connected, courageous, creative, satisfied and productive. A man can be passionate about sports and take out time every week to indulge in his passion, while keeping his boss and family happy.
On the other hand, it can also ruin your life by being obsessed and possessed by the fire of passion. A workaholic, who doesn’t go back home till 2 am and reports to office again at 10 am, he who doesn’t see his children nor relaxes or does any physical activity is ensuring a quick burnout in the guise of following a passion. A harmful passion can be diagnosed easily by gauging whether it controls you or you feel in control of your life, which is about harmonious passion.
WHY YOU MUST NEVER GIVE UP YOUR PASSION
1. Helps you unwind and relax - Zafar liked to do puzzles, crosswords and Sudoku when he started his day. It freshened him up and his mind became sharper as he looked at various permutations and combinations for the words and numbers. Daily new neural pathways were getting stronger in his brain. This exercised his left brain adequately every day. He slept well. Do remember not to do such exercises before sleeping.
2. Expands your life - Some hobbies like travelling, cooking, collecting trivia has its own benefits. This involves physical activity and meeting up with other people. This helps a person to remain connected with society and keep active. Ram liked travelling so much that he gave up his job to become a globe trotter and tied up with a TV channel to commentate on tourist locations. He earns handsomely from his hobby. His self esteem has doubled since then.
3. Keeps your mind productively channelized - Nandini’s problem was that she didn’t have anything to do while the kids were away at school. She had started feeling depressed and got headache often. She knew that she connected well with the children in the neighbourhood and had a flair for painting. She started teaching them painting in the evenings. Soon she became very busy and had no time to get bored. She not only made new friends, she also earned the respect and awe of her community. She feels energised, happy and motivated to work while looking forward to life.
4. Success at work - Often passion has been linked to success at work. It is seen that people who are passionate, committed and hardworking often excel in their work as they have a goal to achieve. They look forward to their day and any hurdles or failures don’t deter them from trying again. Neela was always passionate about becoming an IT professional. She had grown up playing with computers. Despite her family not agreeing with her choice of profession, she went ahead and burnt the midnight oil to score high in school and college. She got picked up in campus placements and today she holds a coveted position in the company. She has motivated many girls from her conservative community to study and get work.
5. Keep away illness - Having a hobby or working passionately has its own share of health benefits. People have reported higher physical and emotional immunity. They had deep and strong bonding with their community. They didn’t suffer from insomnia, depression, dementia and anxiety and hope was alive in them till the end. They knew that success and failure are two sides of the same coin.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I'm a 28 year old male, consulted a psychiatrist in august for having anxiety issues. I use to feel increased heartbeats and shaking of legs under pressured situations. He had put me on nexito 10 and zapiz 0.25 in these 8 months I gained weight from weighing 92 kgs to currently 103 kgs height 6 ft. I consulted my doctor about the weight gain when I was 96 kgs he said it is negligible I shouldn't worry about it. But now its getting out of control. I have stopped taking the medication. Since 3 weeks I faced some drawbacks of dizziness and headaches from the withdrawal side effects but now I seem to be doing fine. The only problem I am facing now is weight gain and loss of libido. I just need to know if this weight gain from the drugs is permanent or can it be easily dropped and how do I restore my libido.
My brother is 18 year old male. Inspite of studying day and night, he does not remember much. Is there any way to improve his memory?
Doctor. I feel anxiety when I don't masturbate within 2 week. So is masturbation helps reduce anxiety?
I am 27 married (housewife) for 6 months. For past 3 months I am going through depression after some unpleasant incidents which took place at my home. I am not able to move on. Please help. I am also preparing for an exam which requires 10-12 hrs of regular study. Sometimes I even find difficulties in concentrating in my studies as those bitter memories always keep haunting me. I feel restless and emotionally drained. No one to share with as I have come to a completely new place after marriage. So no friends here. Even I dont feel like talking to or meting with anyone. What shall I do? please help me to move on. I dont want my studies to get hampered and neither my marital life.
Once I am Going to study something it looks like I have full knowledge of it & while writing nothing is there in mind but only a few lines. Whts the problem?
How to concentrate in studies? I am having internal exam of my msc nursing 1st year. But can't be able to concentrate in studies. Pls help me I want to do good result.
I am in fever and I am fevering from 2 weeks and I want to cure myself fast. Because my exams was on tomorrow.
Everyone can understand that men feel very angry and sad when they are diagnosed with erectile dysfunction. However, not many know that if these feelings are not dealt with then you may suffer from depression as well as erectile dysfunction. The statistics agree with this statement that 82% of men who suffer from erectile dysfunction also suffer from depression. The science also agrees with this statement that depression causes chemicals in your brain to get out of balance and this may mean that you have lesser sexual desire and perhaps even impotency. Here is how to diagnose as well as cope with erectile dysfunction and depression.
Diagnosing Erectile Dysfunction and Depression:
Erectile dysfunction is a very common problem as about 50% of men above 50 years of age suffer from it. Therefore, it is crucial to recognize depression when it is part of the problem. Here is how depression is diagnosed when it is known you have erectile dysfunction:
2. Erectile dysfunction starts happening after a traumatic event like loss of a job or of a loved one
3. Feelings of stress, anxiety or frustration
4. Pessimistic outlook to life
Coping with Erectile Dysfunction and Depression:
Being unable to deal with erectile dysfunction can cause men to lose their self-esteem, feel angry, anxious and frustrated, or even lose interest in sex altogether. This can threaten their relationships and may even result in depression.
Erectile dysfunction is treatable, but the time before and during treatment may be difficult. Here is some advice to assist you and your partner in getting your sex life back on track.
1. Antidepressants: Antidepressants are used to treat depression, however some antidepressants worsen erectile dysfunction, therefore it is crucial that you explicitly explain your condition to your doctor.
2. Therapy: Therapy is performed by a licensed mental health expert who will identify and help you overcome all the issues which are depressing you.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.