Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Mrs. Chaitra Mahesh
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Mrs. Chaitra MaheshYour feedback matters!
Mental illnesses refer to an extended range of health disorders related to the mental condition of an individual which affect the health, mood and behavior of that person. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, addictive behaviors, schizophrenia, etc. are the different types of mental illnesses.
Mental illnesses can create a lot of trouble in the normal functioning of the day-to-day activities of a person's life. Here are some of the common treatment options available for relieving mental illnesses.
- Medications: Antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications, mood-stabilizing medications, antipsychotic medications are some general types of psychiatric medications prescribed by the doctor, which can be consumed depending on the condition one is going through. Although these medications do not cure the person completely, it helps in improving the condition.
- Psychotherapy: This type of therapy involves talking to a mental health provider about your condition and other related issues. In other words, it is also called talk therapy. It helps a person to cope up with his/her stress. The duration of such a treatment varies. It may either take a few months or even longer, if required. This therapy can be carried out in a group, with family members or even face to face with the therapist.
- Brain-stimulation treatments: When the medications and psychotherapies fail to work in treating mental illness, this treatment is applied. It involves procedures such as electroconvulsive therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation, deep brain stimulation and vagus nerve stimulation.
- Hospital and residential treatment programs: In extreme cases of mental illness when a person becomes a threat to himself/herself, it is recommended that he/she be hospitalized to a psychiatric hospital.
- Substance abuse treatments: Substance abuse and mental illness go hand in hand. It worsens the condition of mental illness in an individual, if he/she cannot restrict the consumption of alcohol or drugs. In such circumstances, an individual needs to talk to the doctor regarding the treatment options for stopping substance abuse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
I have phobia of lizards. It's to awkward when I get fear by seeing to lizards in the group of my friends. So please help me.
I opted for b.pharm course and now I am in my 4th year. But now I am feeling fed up of my life. I am not able to concentrate on my studies. I was a good student. But now I am feeling very low. What should I do to stay positive all the time? What exercise should I do so that I can get rid of all the negativity of my life? What should I do? I am very confused all the time. Recently I fell ill from dengue. My whole life has got messed.
I am not able to concentrate I am feeling sleepy whole day what should I do please tell me it's my exam time.
How our memory power can be increase? Or which are the reasons that cause the decrease of our memory power? I think before I had a nice memory power before. But now my memory power has been reduced. What is the reason? Please help ME.
With the fast changing times, the attraction of a person towards other people are also changing.The blurry lines of differences between the definite expressions of sexuality like bisexuality, polysexuality and pansexuality have often roused the curiosity among many and caused confusion among the others. While the traditional approach to sexual orientations only deem heteronormative attractions, that is "acceptable" and normal, the emergent clamoring about LGBTQ rights have catapulted homosexuality at the center of a lot of debates.
However, these terms are also closely intertwined with a rather binarist concept of sex and gender. On the contrary, one of the most dominant claims of modern discourse is that physical sex of a person is never the foremost determinant of one's gender identity. You may easily identify yourself with one or the other or even neither of the genders and consequently not conform to any of the set gender definitions. It is in this context that the terms cisgenders and transgenders come into play.
Similarly, for those attracted to individuals who do not necessarily belong to either the male or the female sex, the terms "polysexuality" and "pansexuality" become immensely pertinent. Pansexuality refers to attraction for anybody, irrespective of one's gender identity. The pansexuals are usually drawn to individuals from all genders. Polysexuality, on the other hand refers to a condition of attraction for multiple genders, but not necessarily all. The polysexuals harbor affinities for a specific gender, which may not necessarily be male or female.
Recent LGBTQ activism lays a lot of emphasis upon granting the due respect to as well as negating any stigmas whatsoever upon such expressions of unconventional sexual orientations. With the LGBTQ movement garnering greater steam over the recent past, more and more number of people are surfacing as polysexuals. In fact some of the well known faces from all across the globe may be counted among the polysexuals . Despite all these however, there are a few misconceptions that prevails all over.
Differentiating between bisexuality and polysexuality: Many a times, people refuse to register the difference between homosexuality, bisexuality and polysexuality. Either one expresses complete ignorance about these terms or tends to use the terms interchangeably without the slightest consideration of the existing nuances.
Insensitivity towards a non-normative sexuality: Often you may encounter people who not only are unwilling to understand your point, but would constantly discount the relevance of your sexuality. Polysexuality will only be an ambivalent jargon for them with no concrete reality and as for you, they will probably book you an appointment with the shrink.
Misconceptions about one's sexual life: If you have come out as polysexual, many might perceive you as a "loose-moraled" person with devious sexual fantasies and a highly promiscuous person. It is not uncommon to have a polysexual unduly shunned and discriminated against.