Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Mrs. Chaitra MaheshYour feedback matters!
My cousin is suffering from schizophrenia for 5 years. Doctors suggested sizodon 1 mg 1 tan per day. He is suffering from restlessness and anxiety and weaknesses.
Recently I have developed something called as alcohol intolerance (that's how Google defines my condition). After drinking alcohol I start getting irritated skin and have to continuously scratch, swelled eyes and sometimes swollen feet too. Kindly help me and give me some suggestion about how to improve my condition. Also I am not aware if I have to taken any tests aur medication. So kindly guide me.
Sir My humble request that I have daily night fall problem. Please suggest me a medicine for Better life. And I have a medicine its paxidep cr 12.5 what's its work.
Am 23yeas old. Need to help, my body weight is 56 kg only and my height is 184 cm am very smile how to improve my weight, and also am daily 3 times masturbations I can't control my self. Now what we do? How to rectified these all problems?
Hi, am 24old guy, I am smoking from my 1pu, from last 2years I am trying to stop it, but I can't stop smoking, (per day I smoke 7 to 8) it ll affect my sexual life. please tell me how to quit smoking.
I am feeling lonely and there is no one to care me and my thoughts are becoming bad day by day am hating my self even my mom dad sis couldnt understand my feeling I dont know whom to trust? I am relaxing my self by masturbating daily two times I dont know how to overcome it?
He is a far relative .he is mentally unstable .talks very weird things like he is the god he is the savoir. I have power .says weird things .he knows all the general things like were he lives and everything. His sister was taking to him to the mental hospital .but he ran from there .we all are worried about him.
Respected doctors I am having my exams next months. And after studying whole day. I start struggling in evening and am unable to study. I feel as if my mind is not understanding anything. Please tell me any medicine that is harmless and give me energy and I get strong. Thankyou. Regards.
I am a 21 years male. My mind is always keep on thinking and many negative thoughts is assuming it. My heart needs to change myself but this thoughts making me to thnk bad.
Hi, I am addicted to porn sites and videos. Alway thinking about nudity etc. Due to this not able to create friends and not able to mingle with family. I need to overcome out of it. Please advice.
He lost his dog last week since then he's feeling depressed and feeling lonely. His girlfriend did all she can to help but he is missing his dog. What can I do to help him?
Hi doctor I also have that same problems in my throat. It sometimes itching is I drink cool. Or eat ice cream. I have a smoking habit sir. But I'm not a chain smoker. Sometimes I don't smoke for 3 or 4 days. Sometimes I smoke 1 cigarette in a day. Is it any harm for me?
I am addicted to marijuana since last 7 years. From last 1 month I have stopped taking it. Bt my efficiency is hurt n I am finding mental blockage. I am having anxiety issue. Pls help me in this regard, life seems mess to me.
The first step to getting help for a drinking problem is actually recognising that you have one. There are some signs that you might have a problem with alcohol, but it's also worthwhile asking yourself a few questions about your reasons for drinking. Facing the facts can be pretty tough, but it's courageous to step up and decide you need help to control your alcohol intake.
This can help if:
- You're regularly binge drinking
- You're having blackouts
- You drink when you're alone
- Other people are worried about your drinking habits
- You have an increased tolerance to alcohol and drugs
Signs of alcohol dependence
It's not always easy to tell when you have a drinking problem, particularly as binge drinking is a pretty common activity in Australia. You might not always notice when a couple of drinks has turned into too many.
The fact that you're thinking about whether you have a problem is a good start and there are some signs of alcohol dependence that you can look out for:
- Worrying about when you'll be able to have your next drink
- Suffering from withdrawal symptoms like sweating, nausea or insomnia as a result of not drinking alcohol
- Needing to drink more and more alcohol to get drunk
- Drinking alcohol, or desiring to drink alcohol, when you wake up in the morning
- Consuming alcohol regularly on your own, or trying to hide your alcohol consumption from those around you
- Relationships with friends or family are being affected by your drinking. Ask yourself some questions
A couple of questions that people who work in the field of alcohol addiction often ask people include...
- Do you drink because you have problems or to relax?
- Do you drink when you get mad at other people, including your friends or parents?
- Do you prefer to drink alone, rather than with other people?
- Is your work or education suffering as a result of your drinking?
- Have you ever tried to stop drinking or to drink less and found that you can't?
- Do you drink in the morning, before school or work?
- Do you gulp your drinks?
- Do you ever have loss of memory due to your drinking?
- Do you lie about how much or how often you drink?
- Do you ever get into trouble when you're drinking?
- Do you get drunk when you drink, even when you don't mean to?
- Do other people comment on your drinking and think it's a problem?
If you answer yes to any one of these questions, it's possible that you have a problem with alcohol.
Facing the facts
Facing up to the fact that you might have a problem takes courage. Deciding to take control and get some help is a really brave move, and if you do feel you have a problem, getting help can be the best thing ever.
Sir, When I start studying I notice, my mind gets deviate. I fail to concentrate on the topic and since our exams are coming an external pressure make over the head causing a little bit headache.
Depression is a psychological condition that can drain your hope, energy and drive. The things that you once rejoiced might not be pleasurable anymore. Meanwhile, overcoming depression isn't quick or easy and it is recommended that you opt for counselling or professional support to help you through. At the same time, you need to avoid these practices, which tend to increase the intensity of depressive symptoms.
These are the things you should avoid while suffering from depression.
1. Avoid Staying Alone: When you are depressed, you might not feel pleasure in things you used to enjoy earlier. This might result in social isolation, making you lonelier and more depressed than ever. But living in social situations, meeting people will actually help you. It can take off your mind from the feelings of depression and while meeting people might not seem as enjoyable as it did before, it can certainly help in overcoming the feelings of loneliness.
2. Avoid NOT Seeking Help: Most of the people are unable to differentiate between sadness and depression. But if you are someone who has been feeling intensely sad for no reason, then you are probably depressed. So, don't avoid seeking help. Approach a therapist, even online if you want more confidentiality and privacy. A counsellor can actually help in overcoming the feeling of depression.
3. Avoid White Foods: Processed foods or white foods are simple carbohydrates that can actually lead to insulin dumping and trigger the process of depression. The surge of insulin will initially make you feel happier, but once that's surge goes down, you will begin to feel depressed again. This will even trigger hunger and particular cravings, which in turn affect depression symptoms negatively.
4. Products with Aspartame: Aspartame can lower the production of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that's associated with mood. Therefore, eating aspartame can increase the intensity of your depression symptoms, may result in insomnia as well.