Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Kimberley JohnsonYour feedback matters!
I am taking reshape natural and orlistat 120 mg to treat my moderate obesity. I am under treatment for 4 months .Advise me when to stop my medicine and how to manage my overweight after the stoppage of medicine. Pls give a diet plan for the management of obesity.
I am 52 years old post hysterectomy female and have gained a lot of weight and losing lots of hair what should I do?
I am a 20 years old boy who has been using the gym for a long time but I am not getting any results. I want to gain weight and increase my size but I am only getting shape. So, please suggest me a good diet plan. Pls.
Although confused with natural and temporal feelings of grief or sadness, depression is not merely a weakness or something to be taken lightly. It is quite a serious issue and can last for long periods of time.
Depression does not merely involve feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, and worthlessness, but is much more terrible and usually has a detrimental effect on your day-to-day functioning.
There are many different types of depression. These include:
1. Major depression
2. Bipolar depression
3. Psychotic depression
4. Chronic depression (even dysthymia)
5. Seasonal depression
6. Substance-induced depression
7. Postpartum depression
8. Double depression
9. Treatment-resistant depression
10. Secondary depression
11. Masked depression
Symptoms: Signs and symptoms of clinical depression can vary depending largely on how severe it is, how long it lasts and how often it comes into play, and differs from individual to individual. While some might experience but a few signs of depression, others might experience more. Here is a list of symptoms that might indicate that you may be suffering from depression:
1. Being depressed for most parts of the day, especially in the morning
2. Feeling guilty or worthless almost every day
3. More inclined towards pessimism
4. Insomnia or hypersomnia
5. Regular contemplations of death or suicide
6. Significant weight gains or weight loss
7. Appetite loss or overeating
8. Feelings of high fatigue and low energy levels almost every day
9. Indecisiveness or impaired focus and difficulty concentrating
10. Lack of interest in almost all daily activities or hobbies, including sexual activity
11. Irritability and restlessness
12. Cramps, headaches and digestive problems which persist even with treatment
Causes: Although the exact causes of depression have not been determined as of yet, depression may be caused by a combination of a number of factors:
1. Biological differences
2. Hormonal imbalances
3. Brain chemistry
4. Inherited traits or genetic disorders.
Getting married is one of the biggest moments in every woman’s life and everyone wants to look their best in their wedding photographs. Along with makeup and hairdos, your smile is also important. While all of us wish we were born with the perfect smile, many young brides may feel that their smiles are imperfect. Thankfully, with cosmetic dentistry, every smile can sparkle. Some of the common cosmetic dentistry procedures for young brides are:
- Teeth whitening: The colour of your teeth can be affected by a number of factors. Regular consumption of tea and other caffeinated drinks may also cause stains on your teeth that cannot be removed by regular brushing. While this may not be something to concern yourself with on a normal day, yellowed teeth can mar a bride’s smile. Teeth whitening is a safe and quick way of removing stains from your teeth and whitening them. This form of treatment can even be done at home. All it involves is applying a gel on your teeth and wearing a teeth guard over it overnight for a few days.
- Tooth straightening: Misaligned teeth, crooked teeth ad gaps between teeth can easily be realigned with cosmetic dentistry. Unlike metal braces of the yesteryears, clear braces can correct alignment without hampering your appearance in the process. Using a cast of the current position of your teeth, sets of aligners are made that progressively correct the position of your teeth. Each set of aligners is worn for 3-4 weeks before shifting to the next set. If need be these aligners can be removed for a day when you have a special function and put back on after the function.
- Tooth veneers: Dental veneers are a great way to hide cracks on the tooth or to correct discolouration of teeth. These veneers can be described as thin porcelain shells that fit over the visible surface of your tooth. They can also be used to the visually correct spacing between teeth and hide chipped tooth edges. Veneers are long lasting and give a natural look to your smile.
- Dental implants: Missing teeth can give your smile a goofy appearance. Thankfully, if you have lost a tooth, you can easily correct your smile with dental implants. A dental implant tooth has a titanium root that is fixed to the gums and a natural-looking replacement tooth that is fitted to match the rest of your teeth.
Be The Very Best On Your Wedding Day
If you wish to enhance your natural beauty in readiness for your wedding day, why not talk to the specialist about the most suitable treatments for your skin? Simply get in touch to consult.
I m 5'4" female, 29 yrs of age and my weight is 66 kg . What diet I follow to loose weight . How much I should weigh according to my height
My daughter is 21 years old and weighs 40 kgs. Her height is 5. 3. She is very lean. I would like her to put on weight. Please suggest me. Her breast size is also very small. I am very concerned. Please help me in this regard.
Over the past few decades, lifestyle disorders have been on a mercurial rise. Sedentary lifestyle, amalgamated with unhealthy eating habits has been the wrecker in chief. Lack of proper awareness has made the situation even worse. The mad and competitive rush to reach the pinnacle has serious health implications. Almost every second individual suffer from some kind of lifestyle disorders. Unhealthy and stressful lifestyle has resulted in increased incidences of Obesity and Diabetes (Type II).
- Individuals from all age groups have been affected by obesity and diabetes. Anxiety and depression are also on the rise. Other lifestyle disorders like Alzheimer's disease, Stroke, Arteriosclerosis, Hypertension, Hypothyroidism, Cancer (mostly skin and lung), Cardiac problems, Renal failure, Chronic Liver problems, cannot be neglected either. The lifestyle disorders, if not treated, can cause havoc, changing the entire dynamics of a person's life.
- Many lifestyle disorders occur because of the occupation we are in (Occupational lifestyle disorders). Children, who are supposed to indulge in more physical activities and outdoor games, are happy fidgeting around with their favourite gadgets. Fast foods have long replaced the healthy, nutritious foods. Children as young as you can imagine, appear to be obese or diabetic. Stress and anxiety can also trigger a number of lifestyle disorders. Thus, getting to the root cause is an important deciding factor for an effective treatment.
- Homeopathy does not treat a disease or an ailment superficially. It believes in curing the patient in a disease rather than a disease in the patient. Homeopathic treatment has a more holistic approach. It takes the miasms (hereditary or acquired) into consideration while dealing with a particular symptom. The homeopathic medicines are mainly prepared by dynamization or potentization. This greatly minimizes the toxic and harmful effects of the drug (crude), thereby increasing the inherent curative effectiveness of the medicines. Thus the homeopathic medicines have negligible or no side effects.
- Diseases like diabetes, hypertension, hypothyroidism or depression can be successfully treated and cured with homeopathy. In addition to treating the disease, homeopathic medicines go a long way to improve and enhance the patient's overall immune system. The improved immune system works effectively to keep a lot of diseases at bay. Homeopathy ensures that a person's physical, mental and emotional well being is well taken care off. This greatly helps to treat and control a number of stress related disorders. Homeopathy cannot work miracles. Treating a disease from the grass root level can be time consuming. With homeopathic treatment, one needs to have patience.
Homeopathic treatment, if followed diligently can help in the treatment of a number of lifestyle disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Diabetes is a state where the body suffers from lack of energy due to poor metabolic state. This is construed as depression in many patients as they already feel lethargic and subdued. The fatigued state of body in diabetes can be alleviated by exercise which raises endorphins - substances which are released in the body especially by exercise - providing us the necessary elation so much necessary for our recovery
Managing diabetes may make a person feel alone and set apart from their friends and family due to the number of dietary restrictions they need to follow. Additionally, if the person has trouble controlling their blood sugar level, it may make him frustrated and anxious. Over time, these negative emotions can build up into depression.
Depression can make a person lose his sense of purpose and can make regular tasks feel like too much to handle. Thus, a depressed person may stop taking care of himself. The lack of energy can lead to a loss of appetite or unhealthy snacking. This can trigger fluctuations in blood sugar levels that worsen diabetes.
Thus, depression and diabetes have a cyclic relationship. The good news is that these two diseases can be treated together and managing one of these diseases can have a positive effect on the other as well.
Here are a few ways to treat diabetes and depression:
Regular exercise is very beneficial towards treating, both depression and diabetes. Exercise helps regulate blood sugar levels and hence can help control diabetes. It also helps in reducing excess weight, which can enhance your self image and make you feel happier. Simultaneously, it also releases endorphins or the 'feel good' brain chemical. This can help alleviate depression symptoms.
A Balanced Diet
A balanced diet is essential for good health and can help manage, both these disorders. Along with a balanced diet, there is also a need to abstain from snacking between meals. Reducing the amount of sugar in your meals helps stabilize blood sugar level and control fluctuations. Stable blood sugar level keep a person from becoming increasingly anxious and can thus prevent depression.
A good night's sleep can treat, both diabetes and depression. If you have proper sleep, you will awake feeling refreshed and energetic. This positive energy balances the negativity of depression, lowers the urge to snack and helps in stabilizing blood sugar level.
Psychotherapy or in particular cognitive behavioral therapy has been proven beneficial towards treating depression. This in turn gives a person the motivation needed to manage his diabetes as well. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
I want to drink 2 glass warm water in the morning and 2-3 garlic also, both with empty stomach. Should I drink water first or eat garlic or should I make gap between the two. Please suggest.
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.
Related Tip: " All You Need To Know About Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder"