Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Ms. Kimberley JohnsonYour feedback matters!
My son age is 2years. His weight is 10.5 he is not gaining weight. What should I give him to gain weight. Please help me.
My grandma is suffering from fluid retention, how can she be relieved at least temporarily through diet but not from medication.
I want to loss my weight. How I can loss my weight? And how I can make my hair soft and thin? Thank you.
Hey, I am a 19 year old male. I want to reduce my love handles, though they are less but want to get it to zero. I want some tips to reduce that. Thank You.
Am 25 years old. My weight is 32 kgs. Trying to improve my weight but no use. Pls suggest me to improve my weight without side effects.
Eating disorders can be defined as conditions that influence your eating behaviour significantly and which may give rise to serious health issues. Eating disorders are associated with behaviours like compulsively counting calories, puking after meals, living on a rigid diet etc. which often leads to a feeling of self-loathing and obsessive thoughts about food and weight.
Here are the three most common eating disorders and the symptoms by which they can be identified.
1. Anorexia nervosa - This disorder is considered to be a mortally dangerous condition in which the body weight reduces drastically. An individual is terrified about gaining weight and can take extreme steps to maintain their weight and shape, often leading to starvation, vomiting and many other health problems.
Common symptoms include:
-Reducing the amount of food to be consumed to cut down the calories
-Exercising beyond capacity to burn calories
-Recurrently monitoring your shape, weight and appearance
-Avoiding social gatherings where you will be offered food
-Irregular menstrual cycles in women
-Erectile dysfunction in men
2. Bulimia nervosa - Mostly observed among people in their mid-teens, Bulimia nervosa is a serious type of eating disorder associated with episodes of bingeing and purging with the individual being unable to regulate their eating habits. Moreover, the person suffering from this disease often feels guilty and horror-struck about weight gain and forces himself/herself to vomit.
Normally, people suffering from this condition exhibit the following habits:
-Use of laxatives or throw up forcibly to get rid of calories
-Feeling exhausted and guilty
-Experiencing irregularity in their menstrual cycles
-The inability to maintain normal weight, in spite of trying to eliminate calories
3. Binge-eating disorder - This disorder is characterised by overeating, eating even when you don't feel hungry and continuing to eat even after feeling full. People suffering from this disorder cultivate a feeling of guilt inside them for overeating but do not try to nullify its effect by vomiting or exercising intensely. Some of the most prominent symptoms of this disorder include:
-Eating alone to hide the embarrassment caused due to overeating
-Eating quicker than normal people
-Binge eating at minimum one instance every week
My wife 34years old and she left side breast in pain but she check breast nothing to inside in breast why pain? please suggest.
I have headache problem for last two weeks what should I do and I am very thin. please tell me how will I gain weight?
I am a 23 year old man. I am suffering from weakness from last few days. I am feeling like very tired. So what should I do?
newer days im thinking very much about people and situations how to decrease it thinking like that reduces my health please help me and to reduce my weight im little fatty.
I am a 54 year old. Had CABG surgery 2 years back. Can I take viagra for sexual enhancement? I am fit, walking/jogging for 10 kms a day without any health problems. Please advise.
What should be an ideal diet for 50 year male with activity living habit who is suffering from diabetics.
We store water in all sorts of plastic bottles, jugs or containers. It can be low grade or high grade, but plastic is plastic! This is a very harmful daily practice as plastic containers carry lot of chemicals and bacteria.
Let's see the harmful effects of drinking water in plastic bottles:
1. Harmful Substances: Apart from harmful chemicals in plastic, water when get stored in plastic bottles also produces harmful substances like fluoride, arsenic and aluminium which can be poison for human body. So, drinking water from plastic bottles would mean drinking slow poison that will slowly and steadily deteriorate your health.
2. Dioxin Production: Plastic does melt in hot environment. And we, often store water in plastic bottles while driving and so many times leave it in the car where it is in the direct exposure of sun. Such heating releases a toxin called Dioxin which when consumed can accelerate breast cancer.
3. BPA Generation: Biphenyl A is an estrogen-mimicking chemical which can lead to lot of health problems like diabetes, obesity, fertility problems, behavioural problems and early puberty in girls. It's better not to store and drink water from a plastic bottle.
4. Liver Cancer and Reduced Sperm Count: Because of presence of a chemical called phthalates in plastic, drinking water from plastic bottles can also lead to liver cancer and reduction in sperm count.
5. Vitamin-Based Bottled Water: Nowadays, we get water mostly in plastic bottles and to increase its health content, manufacturers make it vitamin-enriched to attract buyers. But this is even more harmful as it carries health-harming additives like food dyes and high fructose corn syrup.
6. Impact on immune system: Our immune system is immensely affected when we drink water in plastic bottles. The chemicals from plastic bottles are ingested and tend to disturb our body's immune system.
I hope the above reasons are enough for you to think carefully before you drink water from a plastic bottle the next time. If you need more convincing or would like to understand the effects better, feel free to ask me your query.
Also, if you found this helpful, please Share this with people you love and care for.