Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Zeenat SavadYour feedback matters!
I had bike accident 7 month ago and my leg had be little crack now it okay but in legs mark are troubling me some time what should I do sir.
Can you suggest best and effective sleep medicine as Zolfresh-10 is not so effective I am not getting sleep more than 5 hours.
I do workout since a long time and prevent oily and junk foods as much as possible to reduce all my belly fat and to get abs, but its not working. I also take proper diet of high Protien and fat as low as possible but the fat is not vanishing on my lower belly and side belly fat. Suggest me some way to get rid from tummy fat completely and fastly.
I have a very bad pain in my neck and shoulder what I do for that? Can you suggest me some method for that.
My father's hand shake a lot while writing and is unable to hold a pen o pencil firmly and faces a lot of trouble while writing. Whats the reason behind that?
I have hairfall problem since 2 months I use some medicine but not stop hairfall please give me correct medicine.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a common skin disease characterized by thickened patches of inflamed, red skin covered with thick, silvery scales. The elbows and knees are the most common areas affected by psoriasis. It will often appear in the same place on both sides of the body. The patches can range in size from smaller than a dime to larger than a hand.
Description of Psoriasis-
Normally, skin cells mature and shed after about a month. In psoriasis, the cell maturation speeds up, taking only three to four days. Because the lower layer of skin cells divide more rapidly than normal, dead cells accumulate in thicker patches on the skin's outermost layer called the 'Epidermis'.
Forms & Classifications-
Psoriasis occurs in a variety of forms that differ in their intensity, duration, location, shape and pattern of scales. The most common forms are:
- Plaque Psoriasis: Plaque psoriasis is the most common form of psoriasis. It is characterized by raised, inflamed, red lesions covered with a silvery-white buildup of dead skin cells (scales). This is found primarily on the Body, elbows, knees, scalp and finger or toe nails.
- Guttate Psoriasis: Guttate psoriasis occurs most frequently in children and is characterized by numerous small, red, drop-like scaly macules that develop rapidly over a wide area of skin. This may appear following an infection, most frequently strep throat.
- Inverse Psoriasis: Inverse psoriasis occurs in the armpit, under the breast, in skin folds, around the groin, in the cleft between the buttocks and around the genitals. It is usually pink and irritated but lacks the thick scale seen in other forms of psoriasis.
- Pustular Psoriasis: Pustular psoriasis is a rare form characterized by small pustules (whitehead-like lesions) found all over the body or confined all over the body or confined to the palms, soles and other isolated areas of the body.
Some dermatologists classify psoriasis as mild, moderate, or severe- Mild psoriasis is considered to be scaling over less than 5-10 percent of the body, moderate psoriasis is considered to be scaling over 10 to 20 percent of the body and severe psoriasis is considered to be scaling more than 20 percent of the body.
In 5 percent of all psoriasis sufferers, arthritis will develop. This condition is called psoriatic arthritis. Arthritis is inflammation of a joint, usually accompanied by pain, swelling and changes in joint structure.
The underlying psoriasis cause is unknown; however, it can be genetically inherited or passed from generation to generation. Most researchers agree that the Auto Immunity is somehow mistakenly triggered, which speeds up the growth cycle of skin cells. Psoriasis can be triggered by a number of factors, such as stress, climate changes, streptococcal or HIV infection, superficial wounds, physical illness, or taking certain drugs such as lithium, beta-blockers such as propranolol, quinidine (Heart medication) or antimalarial medications.
Homeopathy is preferred over other methods due to the reason that it does not entail any side effects. Instead of suppressing inflammation like other methods of treatment, it aims to cure the root cause of the disease. Yes, psoriasis can be cured permanently through constitutional Homeopathy treatment but the question is how can a patient know whether eruptions are disappearing for permanently or temporarily?
Permanent Cure takes place as follows:
Cure is taken place from Upward to downwards and Center to periphery. First, the cracks come down with arresting of blood coming out from it. After that, the eruption on scalp comes down, if the scaling is thick it becomes gradually thin and then becomes powdery and with time, the scaling disappears totally. After that, eruptions on face and body come down, and at same time eruptions in hands & legs may increase with itching. Eruptions on elbows reduce, after sometime eruptions near to hands, also reduce. While eruptions on legs itches more. However, eruptions on legs also get disappeared. During the total process of cure, you will feel sleepy, and the bowel movement will be regular, sometimes there may be loose stools as well. The various homeopathic remedies that are used to treat psoriasis: Lycopodium, Sulphur, Pulasatilla, Staphysagria, Graphitis, sepia, Arsenic alb, Natrum mur etc. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
I am suffering from fever for the last few days and there is so much pain in my body. Can you suggest what should be done?
Hi. Im a 23 year old female. I have been suffering from scalp folliculitis since past 11 months. I've tried allopathy but it recurred. Now I'm on homeopathy and my doctor told me that scalp folliculitis is a very dangerous disease. It has a chance of turning into psoriasis. I want to know if that's true? Does scalp folliculitis turn into psoriasis at the later stages? She told me that if that happens psoriasis is untreatable. I'm a student and now I'm really worried after hearing this that I might permanently go bald. Kindly provide me with the right information.
Hello Dr, My case, history like whenever I travel in car or bus just after 30 minutes I do vomit and then every after 10 minutes cycle remain same until I do not sleep even I stopped my travelling so this reason I can't travel anywhere more than 30 minutes. I have tried many tablet to stop vomit but all those not worked to me. Please suggest effective medicine at least 4,5 hours I can travel anywhere. Thanks.
I eat alot but still i m very skinny n my friends say that it due to my habbit of masturbation everyday . What is the reason?
is it good to try to clean pimples, black dots, black area around eyes. Will it get cure or waste of trying? If yes, what type facial packs shall I go?
Sir I m 20 year old and I had a black marks of pimples on my face so what remedies I can use at home?
I've dark circles. How can I remove these. Nd how can I get glowing skin. I want loose my tammy fat as soon as possible. How could it be possible.
I am very short Compared to others in my class my current age is 21. My mother is shorter than me in my family ,is there anyway to increase my height?
An itchy, scratchy and burning throat is something we all experience, at least once a year, if not more. Depending on your body's immunity, it occurs more often. While there is good medication to cure the problem, there also exist home remedies which can cure it. Keep a note of these things also to prevent a bad throat.
Fix sore throat with:
1. Salt water gargle - this might not be new to you as it is the first remedy elders in the family advice about - to gargle with salt water. The warm water with salt in it relieves the discomfort in the swollen tissues and pulls the mucous out.
2. Over-the-counter throat lozenges: these are extremely convenient and dependable. On days when the throat won't stop itching and you have a lot of speaking to do, these lozenges help calm the itching. They contain menthol which makes the throat tissues numb. Cough drops and candies ensure constant production of saliva in the mouth. These have choking hazards though, so avoid giving to children.
3. Ginger, clove, tulsi - chewing on pieces of ginger is beneficial. Ginger juice soothes the throat and calms the itching. Especially helpful during the nights, so that one can sleep peacefully. Cloves and tulsi leaves when chewed individually also give similar soothing effects to a sore throat.
4. Drink loads of water - it is important to stay hydrated because dehydration leads to decrease in production of mucous and saliva in the mouth. More fluids in the mouth help deal with sore throat better.
5. Warmth of honey - warm tea with honey is an ideal way to soothe the irritated throat. Honey is said to be effective in suppressing coughs.
6. Avoiding cold drinks - whatever you drink, make sure it is warm or even better, hot. Avoid drinking or eating anything cold as they will only aggravate the condition of the throat.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.