Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Yogesh
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. YogeshYour feedback matters!
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.
I am 17 year old boy. I feel the bad smell in my mouth. When I get up. And even when I have food or water. I feel that near my voice box something is there which is creating the problem. When I mingle and then leave the air out then I can feel that bad smell. So what can be done to get rid of this problem.
After a getting a root canal and crown in my two front top teeth. I think my tooth are loose. Not the crown, the whole teeth. Does this happen normally. If not. What should I do.
Sir. Jab meri mother jor se spit karte hai toh unke larva mai blood niklta hai aur nose se bhi aur unke mouth se bad smell aati ye sirf 1 week mai 1-2 times hota. Please suggest me about this problem.
What is an ulcer how is it caused what to do if it happens again and again Please suggest a remedy or guide me whats wrong in my diet I am a 18 years old boy.
We all love a set of perfectly aligned teeth to show off when we smile. Many get braces done to get this straight set of teeth. However, many people find it mysterious that their teeth have suddenly started to the crowd. Somebody could even be in their late 20s, well past their growing years, and suddenly realize that there is crowding setting in for the last few months. It poses a big cosmetic problem and also affects the way teeth bite with each other.
Causes: The sudden appearance of crowding seems very mysterious. However, in most people, there is no exact reason to pinpoint and it seems it is hereditary and genetic. Despite having braces done, there is sudden crowding after the growing years are over. Though an exact correlation has not been established, it is believed that strange habits of people not related to their mouth at all cause tooth crowding. Regular pressure on the mouth by either placing the face on the head or sleeping on the belly puts a constant pressure on the mouth and leads to crowding over a prolonged period of time.
The most logical explanation is, however, what is termed as ‘physiologic mesial drift’. By nature, the teeth have a constant, very gradual movement towards the incisors which is the midpoint of the jaw. Given this inherent quality, there is mild constant pressure from the molars towards the incisors and this is what leads to crowding. Stronger jaw bones may slow the process, but it is not yet proven. This physiologic mesial drift is the reason why the lower front teeth are the most common area of crowding.
Management: The earlier the dentist intervenes, the shorter the treatment duration and the quicker the correction. Radiographs and models would be required to identify the problem completely. The bite with the upper teeth needs to be assessed though to make sure it is not very deep. The age of the person also determine the results.
Mild to moderate crowding in this area can be managed with just a lower brace for about 5 to 10 months. In some cases, even an upper brace would be required. In cases of severe crowding, some cases even presenting with two rows of teeth, some teeth definitely have to be removed and the remaining teeth need to be aligned and the extra spaces closed. Severe crowding may also require you to wear a retained for a long period. This could be placed on the inner side (tongue or palatal side) to improve the cosmetic effect.
There is no need to panic when you realize the teeth are crowding, there is definitely a way to flash that bright smile again! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!