Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Y K Prabhakar
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Y K PrabhakarYour feedback matters!
I am 36 year old my weight is 80 kg and height is 4 feet 5 inch. I am having continuously headache and acidity prob and not able to reduce weight. 6 help me what to do.
I have diagnosed with Vestibular Migraine. Symptoms started with Dizziness than imbalance, Sensitivity to Light & Sounds, Mild Tinnitus and Pressure in head. It all started after stressful events followed by a flight journey. I have been tested with VNG and Audiometry and everything is fine so they are saying its vestibular migraine. I am uder 2 medication propranolol and flunarizine (Haven't any significant effect. Any advice regarding this would be of great help.
About one teaspoon bright red blood is passing away through anus once in 24 hours since last two days at evening time. No pain.
Hello doctor! From aporox 1 week, I am facing a problem of frequent solid stool and a feeling of incomplete stool evacuation. The bowel is not getting cleared in one shot and it is taking me 5-6 times to evacuate the stool completely. This problem has made my life worse than hell. Please help. I've already tried all the laxatives for 1 week and nothing seems to work.
I participate in safe sex with my colleague twice every month and planning to marry her even during I participate in foreplay I experience pain on my penis and my testicles get pain or the both balls what is the reason I experience it when I get excited.
Can anybody use jinga gold? Is there any restrictions? Dr. consultancy is must or not? Can heart patient use this?
I am suffering from high cold and cough since 2 days. Please give me some medicine and give any other solution for treatment.
In healthy individuals, the liver contains little or no fat. In overweight or obese people, gradual fat accumulation leads to significant liver disease. Interestingly, these individuals may be consuming minimal to no alcohol. So, alcohol, which is the main cause for liver damage, does not have a significant role to play.
The non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) has 4 significant stages as outlined below. It is a chronically progressive disease and may take years to reach the final stages of cirrhosis and fibrosis.
1. Simple fatty liver (steatosis): This is usually identified when diagnostic tests are done for some other suspected conditions. There are usually no symptoms obvious in this stage, other than the buildup of fat in the liver.
2. Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH): The second stage where the liver is inflamed to a greater extent due to fat accumulation.
3. Fibrosis: The next degree of inflammation where blood vessels may be narrowed leading to scarring in the liver with impaired liver functions.
4. Cirrhosis: This is the most severe stage that occurs due to years of cumulative inflammation. The liver shrinks in size, is scarred, and liver functions are markedly impaired and can also result in liver cancer.
Risk factors for NAFLD: The exact reason why a person develops NAFLD is not established, but some of the risk factors include
1. Obesity, with more weight concentrated around the abdomen
2. Type 2 diabetes
4. High cholesterol levels
5. Age greater than 50
Symptoms: This will depend on the stage in which it is identified. While there are no symptoms in the early stages, in some people there could be a dull, aching below the ribs, unexplained weight loss, weakness, and extreme tiredness. As it progresses to cirrhosis, there could be jaundice, fluid accumulation in the abdomen and feet, and itching of the skin.
Management: While there is no treatment aimed at curing the disease per se, there are ways to manage the symptoms, as noted below.
1. Weight loss: Reducing excess accumulated fat will help reverse symptoms and prevent further progression of the disease. A BMI of 18 to 26 is considered optimal.
2. Dietary changes: Modify your diet to a carbohydrates and protein rich and reduced fats and sugars. Increasing fiber through fruits and vegetables is highly recommended.
3. Exercise: Whatever your choice of workout, it will do wonders for NAFLD. Keep a target of an hour or two of moderate to intense exercise per day to reduce weight.
4. Smoking: This is another risk factor and can also help prevent other effects of NAFLD such as diabetes and heart disease.
NAFLD is highly controllable with these changes and other damages can be reversed too. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.