Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. VishwasYour feedback matters!
Nose bleeding is common with me till now. It takes after 15-20days. What should I do for this and how should I take take it?
My age is 21. My throat is paining from inside, something like sore throat, I've cold and cough too. I suffered from this since last three days. Today,I'm feeling too weak and body muscles aches.
I am a breast feeding mother of 2 months baby. Since two days i am suffering from throat pain and tonsils. Please suggest some medicine ?
I am a boy of 19 years old. I'm suffering from nose bleeding on every seasonal change. How will I stop it? Please advice.
Hi ,I'm 23 years old ,I'm feeling dizziness, and my bp is 94/61 I guess it's low bp, and I checked my esr it's been 30 mm, it's high .plz suggest me the cause for it and the follow up.
My throat is hurting since a week. I'm taking azithromycin and nimusilide but I don't feel any improvement. Help?
Sir I have some problems in my mouth in right side near the ear where ligaments are present when I open my mouth there is some noise but not pain in the joint please consult me I am highly thankful for you.
Hello I have taken antidepressants for 2 and half years. After that I gradually decreased the dose n stopped it completely 6 months ago, but now am facing many side effects like concentration, dizziness, sexual problems.
The human ear is divided into three parts, namely the outer, middle and inner ear. All these parts function in coherence with each other and help us in converting vibrations into sound and information. The middle ear consists of the air space between the inner ear and the outer ear and contains the bones that transmit the vibrations of the outer ear and translate them into information. This area is prone to infections, especially among children and thus may cause discomfort or pain.
Symptoms of middle ear infections: Middle ear infections primarily tend to manifest themselves as inflammation of the tissues and buildup of fluids. Some of the symptoms are mentioned below.
Infections in children: Middle ear infections primarily occur in children although it can occur in adults as well. Some of the common symptoms could be:
- Ear pain either sitting or standing up and especially while lying down
- Irritability and crying, which in infants could translate to more than usual crying
- Problems with sound and difficulties in hearing
- Fluid buildup causing balance related problems
- Discharge of fluid in certain cases
- Unable to sleep and also loss of appetite
- In some cases children may have high fever
Causes of middle ear infections: The primary cause of middle ear infection is due to the presence of bacteria or virus in the area. The Eustachian tube, which runs from the middle ear to the back of the throat, is connected to nasal passages as well. Any infection that affects the throat or the nose may also affect the middle ear through this tube. Primary causes for the infections could be
- Cold or flu like symptoms, which then infect the middle ear as well
- Otitis media, which is the buildup of fluid and inflammation either due to the presence of bacteria and viruses or even without it
- Seasonal infections, which are common during late autumn or winters
- Air pollution is also known to be a factor
- Infection from others, especially in the case of children when they are part of a group care
- Children from 6 months to 2 years are also susceptible to middle ear infections as their immune systems are much less developed.
Treatment of middle ear infections: Usually, middle ear infections resolve on their own within a day or so. You can try warm compress with a soft piece of cloth to ease the pain. However, if pain persists for too long then antibiotic medications may be required to fight the infection with pain relief medications to lessen the pain and discomfort.