Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vishal Rao U. S
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal Rao U. SYour feedback matters!
Hii I have early osmf I know it is precancerous condition But my question is that chances of cancer occurred is after sever osmf or is it possible that in early stage?
I am 66 years young. I have enlarged prostate gland. I am taking uromax-d daily od for the last four years. Please Advise me whether I should continue d same or take something else.
Hello. My Grandma is currently suffering from Liver cancer. I just wanted to know that .which hospital in Mumbai would be best for this treatment and off course cost efficient. And what would be the total cost of the whole treatment. please reply.
Sir, I have a family history of cancer patients and so fear and want to be alert. Want to know what is the simplest and cheapest method / tests that can detect any budding problem in my body. Thanks.
I am 24 years old. I started chewing tobacco in my school days. But last few months I am not using any tobacco product. Today I found that there were white spots in my gums in corner side. And as I know It can be a symptoms of oral cancer so I would like to know that should I take a checkup for oral cancer. And if yes than what will be the charges.
Hi, my wife is 38 years old and have two daughters (11 4 old F/M child). She is having pain in breast nipple point. After consulting the doctor she is taking B-LONG Tab 1 per day. She is thinking that have breast cancer. Can you please advice?
The fallopian tubes are a pair of thin tubes that transport the egg from the ovaries to the uterus. They can either be fertilized or discarded along the process of menstruation. The ovary release one egg every month and the cilia (hair-like projections inside the uterus) transports them to the ovary. This is a normal process for all women who have attended the reproductive age.
When cancer develops?
An abnormal growth of the malignant cells in the fallopian tubes leads to fallopian tube cancer. Most of the cancer that occurs in the fallopian tube is known as papillary serous adenocarcinomas. These are cancers that originate from the abnormal cells of the fallopian tube. When cells have the capability to invade other organs or spread to surrounding cells of the organ, there are high chances of tumor formation. When tumors are formed from the smooth cells of the fallopian tube, they are known as leiomyosarcomas.
The potential causes and risks involved
Out of all gynecological cancers, primary fallopian tube cancer accounts for no more than one percent. The most common age segment for this case is from 40 to 65 and is more frequently diagnosed in Caucasian women as compared to African women. While the exact causes and risk factors of fallopian tube cancer are not known, some conditions that are commonly associated with this condition involves chronic inflammation of the fallopian tube, repeated infection in the ovarian region, prolonged usage of birth control pills. Apart from this, a family history of fallopian tube cancer poses a woman at greater risk of inheriting this. Genetic mutation is also known to be causing this condition.
Diagnosing the cancer
A pelvic examination that involves a thorough investigation of the vagina, fallopian tube, ovaries, and uterus can show signs of fallopian tube cancer. A Pap smear test by scraping off a sample of the cervix is done and tested for malignancy. Many doctors are of the view that an ultrasound test helps to detect fallopian tube cancer. Some doctors might even order a transvaginal ultrasound to get a detailed view of the fallopian tube. Apart from this, other lab tests and imaging tests are also necessary to zero in on the diagnosis.
Know the cure
The treatment plan is decided after evaluation the stage of cancer, the current health of the patient, previous medical history, etc. The common course of a treatment plan is a surgery to ensure that all cancer-affected part of the fallopian tube is completely removed followed by a chemotherapy plan to ensure that cancer doesn’t spread to other organs of the body. In some cases, radiation therapy is also used before the surgery to shrink the size of the tumor.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 29 years of old male struggle for epididymis orchitis at left side with enlargement of 3*6. Please advise.
I was operated for ovarian cancer 1a. Seix session of chemo and now cancer free. Want to know can I get marry. I am 37.
I am 64 years old man. I have undergone cabg in 2012. Now my tsh level is 6.5. Earlier 6 months back it was 14. I have been taking tablet thyronorm 25 mcg since last 6 months. My weight is 58 kg. Taking following medicines: nebicard 2.5 1-0-0. Ecosprin75mg 0-1-0. Stiloz50mg. 1-0-1. Crevast 5mg 0-0-1 and also taking flodart plus for B.P.H. (middle lobe enlargement) psa less than 2. Please give your free medical advice on this medication.
Homeopathy is a sub arrangement of common cures in which extraordinary elements of substances from nature are utilised to form a mending and healing solution. The various homoeopathic treatments for cancer are:
- Calcarea fluorica [Calc-f]: This homoeopathic solution for cancer is most helpful for lumps, bits or solid growths in the female breast. It will keep up the improvement of cancer and needs to be considered dependable in the situations where the breast displays suspicious bumps.
- Lapis Albus [Lap-a]: A few instances of beginning tumours of the bosoms, showing the withdrawal of the areola, and the other trademark symptoms have been cured with this medication. It is of great use by and large for goitre. Lapis is used in the treatment of the dangerous uterine cancers where the discharge is dark and dangerous. Extreme smouldering pain all through the vaginal area takes place frequently.
- Silicea. [Sil]: This homoeopathic cure will regularly lessen the pain of cancer. Lupus and sarcoma with a thick yellow and hostile release are treated with this.
- Hecla magma. [Hecla]: Osteomata (Bone Cancer), not alleged ivory tumours, but rather those of a very long-lasting nature are cured with this.
- Conium. [Con]: Cancer in the mammary glands and the start of scirrhous is cured with this. It is particularly effective in treating the wounds and scars after surgery, it caters especially to glandular wounds. The epithelioma, extended gonads or uterine cancers are treated with this solution.
- Condurango. [Cund]: This homoeopathic solution for cancer has accomplished impressive results in terms of stomach cancer and different types of carcinoma. It alters the pain of open growth and carcinogenic ulcers.
- Baryta carbonic. [Bar-c]: Greasy tumours showing up here and there over the body are cured with this solution. It prevents them from advancing further.
- Baryta iodide. [Bar-i]: Hard carcinogenic tumours of the breast are treated with this. Ovarian cancer with a painful bump is also treated by the same. Phytolacca leads to fat development, and may prove to be a culprit in greasy cancers and additionally in hard, excruciating nodes in the breast. Cancers of the breast especially when the tumours are hard, painful and purple are treated with it. It goes about as a retentive in fibroid tumours of the uterus.
- Arsenicum. [Ars]: This homoeopathic cure relates to the general problems of the cancer diathesis. However, we have different cures, which may force more control over the growth. It is said to be the right treatment for lupus. Its unique properties help in any type of tumour, be it cancerous or not. The sharp blazing and throbbing pain is also treated by this homoeopathic cure. According to the principles of homoeopathy, the patient is to be dealt with, not the illness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Sir, Hi post void residual urine volume 350cc and an enlarged size of prostate (48.2x39.6x35.6mm and 35.5cc volume) now I am in a dilemma. Is it the symptom of prostate cancer. If so what is the further course of treatment kindly advice.
I have multiple fibroadenoma in both breast Can I take green tea. Is green tea harmful in fibroadenoma.
I am 62 years old. I have been applying hair dye for long time. Is it harmful? People say it leads to cancer! Pl help.
Ovarian cancer is the most common cancer to affect the female reproductive system. The exact cause of ovarian cancer is not yet known and the risk factors involved are numerous, the most prevalent of which are genetic defects and hereditary problems.
The symptoms of ovarian cancer are not always clear and range from pelvic and abdominal pains to irregularities in the menstrual cycle. Women beyond the age of 50 are most at risk of developing this type of cancer and the risk factor increases in case of family history.
Prevention of Ovarian Cancer
There is no sure shot way of preventing ovarian cancer. Some factors such as genetics cannot be controlled at all. There are, however, ways to take precaution against it through some simple lifestyle choices. A few of those ways are as follows:
• Eat a healthy balanced diet which is rich in all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that the body requires for boosting and maintaining immunity.
• Exercise regularly and stay active. Maintaining fitness is an important aspect of preventing the onset of all sorts of diseases and disorders.
• Go for frequent health checkups and make regular consultations with your gynaecologist so as to ensure early detection of the problem.
Another notable way of avoiding ovarian cancer is taking birth control pills which are known to reduce the risk levels. However, studies have shown that there are other health risks associated with taking birth control pills and hence you should always consult a gynaecologist for a proper prescription.
My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago, with stage1 (2.2cm). Her nodes were clean. After complete breast surgery she was given chemo. Now at the same time, there was a lump of 5 mm on lower left lung which has now grown to 1.1cm. Doctor has taken that out now. Now the histopathology of the tissue is concluded at metastatic breast cancer. My question if the old tumor was removed at a stage 1, how come it had spread to lung? Metastatic takes place in stage3 /4. Is it possible the biopsy is wrong? What should we do here?
My friend is suffering from carcinoma sarcoma of gall bladder type 4 stage cancer. I want to know about the treatment process and hes chances to survive as I am really very worried about him he is 42 years of age .please reply me soon.
Ovarian cancer takes place when the cells in either of your ovaries have an abnormal growth. The ovaries are two small organs, situated on either side of your uterus. They deliver female sex hormones and store and discharge eggs (ova) that help a woman reproduce. Ovarian cancer is a serious disease that emerges from various sorts of cells and growths inside the ovary.
Specialists do not know precisely what causes ovarian cancer. Hereditary qualities, for example and other DNA changes, are a danger element for few ladies. Around 10 out of 100 ovarian cancers are thought to be brought about by quality transformations in the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes. Women who go through changes due to these carrier genes are more at risk of contracting ovarian cancer.
The earliest symptoms of ovarian cancer are as follows:
- Frequent bloating in the uterus or stomach area.
- Pain in your pelvis or belly.
- Inconvenience while eating, or feeling full quickly.
- Urinary issues, for example, a critical need to urinate or urinating more frequently than expected.
The disease is usually suspected after an ultrasound suggests an ovarian cyst with a specific appearance. If there is a suspicion of ovarian cancer on ultrasound, you doctor may ask for a blood test for markers like CA-125, CEA, AFP, etc.
Treatment options for ovarian cancer:
The decision of treatment and the long-term result for ladies who have ovarian cancer relies upon the sort and phase of cancer they are in. Your age, general wellbeing, personal satisfaction, and wish to get pregnant should be considered. The primary treatment methods for ovarian cancer are:
- Surgery to see whether you have cancer or not and to treat it. This may include taking biopsies to check for the spread of cancer.
- Chemotherapy, which uses medications to kill the cancerous cells. It is suggested after surgery for most phases of ovarian cancer.
- Women who are in a more progressive stage of ovarian cancer may have a portion of their chemotherapy before surgery and whatever is left of it after surgery. This can make the surgery more secure for these women.
- Radiation treatment might be utilized to pulverize the cancer cells with the help of high-measurement X-ray beams or other high-vitality beams.
Side Effects of Treatment Methods:
Most medications for ovarian cancer cause reactions. They may vary, depending upon the kind of treatment, your age and general well-being. Reactions of surgery rely on the degree of your surgery and spread of the disease. In case your specialist removes your ovaries, you lose the capacity to bear children with your own eggs. The option of egg freezing should be discussed before resorting to this step. Furthermore, if both ovaries are removed, it leads to menopausal symptoms.
Symptoms of chemotherapy may incorporate loss of appetite and weight, queasiness, fatigue, vomiting, nausea and hair loss.
One should get regular or annual check-ups done to see if there are problems in any parts of the bodies since natural symptoms of cancer are only visible after a certain stage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.