Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Vishal Rao U. SYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old. Last two days I got pain in my left ear. I take medicine but no relax is there. Some time it takes too high. Sir what should I do.
I am 35 year old man. My problem is hi sweating in face and head. And also vertigo problem always disturbing. Please solve my problem.
Ear infections are a common ailment that people suffer from during the monsoon season. These can infect any part of the ear including the external ear, middle ear and inner ear.
Symptoms of ear infections:
Whether it is the outer, middle or inner ear, some of the common symptoms affecting users are:
You may feel acute pain in the infected ear.
There may be some discharge from the ears.
Some people also suffer from decreased hearing Acute infection can also cause dizziness.
Along with the ear pain some people may suffer from severe headaches.
In case of children, they may cry and refuse to feed as well as constantly tug their ears.
Fever can also be a sign of ear infection.
It is important to keep things in mind for preventing ear infections:
Keep your ears clean: It is important not to put anything in the ears to clean them- this may cause injuries and infections It is important to clean your outer ears with a clean cloth to avoid a fungal infection while using a hairspray, swimming or if you are out in the rain.
Clean earphones once a week to avoid infections of ear canal
Avoid putting cotton in your ears: Avoid putting cotton swabs in your ears as it can lead to trapping of bacteria within.
Don't ignore a warning sign: If you suffer from any of the symptoms of ear infection it is wise to get tested by an ENT specialist.
An ear infection may need treatments and procedures or in some cases even surgery. The common treatments for ear infections include:
- Cleaning of the Wax: If there is a wax buildup in your ears, which leads to an infection, a professional cleaning may be required by a doctor under a head light with specialized micro instruments.
- Ear Drops: Using ear drops can also dissolve the ear wax and clean out the ear infection.
It usually takes a week to clear out an ear infection, but if still doesn't get better it is advisable to consult a medical practitioner. Sometimes ear infections may also require surgeries like Myringotomy, Tympanoplasty or Mastoidectomy, which can be an OPD procedure or might need a day's stay in the hospital.
Sinusitis or sinus infections can be quite a debilitating ailment when it becomes recurrent. Sinuses are cavities within our head just behind the nose which extends up to our forehead and to certain areas of the cheeks. These cavities are filled with a mucosal lining which helps you breathe and also filters the air which goes to the lungs. When the mucosal lining gets inflamed, it blocks the normal drainage of the mucus into the nose. This results in headaches, nasal polyps and general discomfort. Homeopathy offers some great remedies for this condition, without side effects. Some of these are discussed below.
Homeopathic remedies for sinus problems
- Belladonna: This medication is very effective when the sinusitis has resulted in a suppressed discharge from the nose which occurs intermittently. If you have a splitting headache which feels unbearable, Belladonna can help relieve the symptoms quickly. If the infection of the sinus has spread to the throat and results in cough, Belladonna can be equally effective in those circumstances as well.
- Pulsatilla: If you are experiencing a greenish mucosal discharge from your nose without a painful burning sensation within it, Pulsatilla can be a very effective cure. Another indication where this medication is very effective is when you have headaches centered just above your eyes rather than over the forehead or other parts of your face.
- Kali Bichrome: This is another commonly prescribed medication to deal with the symptoms of sinusitis as well as to reduce inflammation and cure sinusitis altogether. If you have a lot of mucosal discharge that drops into your throat along with discharges through the nose, Kali Bichrome is the drug to go to. Other indications where it is effective are pain and heaviness in the nose and the inability to breathe with headaches in and around the eyes.
- Silicea: If you are feeling cold and constantly chilly along with nasal stuffiness, Silicea is the medication to go to. Along with discharges, your nose may form hard mucous crusts within it. Trying to manually remove these crusts may also cause bleeding. Silicea will reduce these symptoms and is also effective in reducing a headache which occurs mostly on the left side of your face.
- Merc Sol: If you are experiencing a yellowish green discharge from the nose along with a burning sensation and increased saliva secretion in your mouth, Merc Sol is the remedy to turn to. It is also effective wherein the headache has spread all around the head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.