Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I'm 27 years old. The wisdom Tooth is grown inside in a sliding direction. And it is too much of pain and swelling. Checked with the dentist and was advised to remove the wisdom tooth by doing surgery. Kindly advise.
I have mouth ulcers every 5-10 days, and I am losing my wait rapidly, decreasing my appetite also suggest me what should I do?
I have pain in teeth on backward side of my mouth. And its fully swelling day by day. What should I do? Pls suggest me.
3 year ago .my teeth have gap .i feel it with tooth cap .now I saw my tooth cap have gap .tooth cap cement is automatically removing and feel pain at the time of taking any cold and hot.
I have a big problem in my left side teeth. I feel so pain because it has a big hole. Without losing my teeth any solve.
Please let me know any good medicine for relief severe tooth ache. I had taken 2 medicine of Flexon and after 1.5hr I taken 1 day DT but no relief at all after 1.5hrs. I am female and 32years old. Pain is untolerated.
One of the main reasons of a severe headache is a prolonged toothache. Toothaches are extremely painful and can prevent you from enjoying your food. It becomes difficult to speak if toothache is unbearable.
Causes of Toothache:
Tooth fracture resulting from an accident.
A painful infection at the root of your teeth or your gums. This is known as tooth abscess.
Chewing gum continuously and grinding the teeth.
How does toothache cause headache?
Sometimes, a tooth becomes very inflamed and since the nerve endings are connected to the brain, this, in turn makes the pain travel to different parts of your head. Generally, people with bad cavities or caries have major headaches and migraines.
The inside of a tooth consists of a pulp. This pulp can get infected. If this tooth happens to lie in the upper jaw, then the pain is transferred to the head which can cause a severe headache.
Headaches can also be caused by TMJD (Temporomandibular joint dysfunction). This usually occurs spreading from the face, jawline and neck right up to the head. In extreme cases, the jaws might be locked up and it makes clicking or grinding noises. Misalignment of the teeth can be a cause by TMJD which in turn affects the head greatly.
- If you are detected with TMJD, your jaws need to be healed, first thing you should do is to visit an expert dentist in order to get the underlying cause of toothache treated. It is always recommended to get a proper treatment started, do not emphasize the use of self-medications.
- If the headache persists due to toothache, it is advisable to take a painkiller as prescribed by your dentist.
- Use an ice pack or a towel dipped in cold icy water, and hold it against the area of toothache. Do not put ice directly on your tooth as it might increase the pain ten folds due to tooth sensitivity.
- You can also apply numbing gel so that your tooth stops hurting. This in turn, will make your headache reduce.
- Toothache is also caused by small amounts of food which get stuck inside your teeth or between your gums, so it is necessary to clean your teeth thoroughly and floss it regularly to avoid toothache.
- Avoid chocolates and sweets. If you still get a cavity, you should visit your dentist immediately.
- Dental abscess also causes headache. In this situation, a root canal treatment is recommended.
Very bad smell coming my mouth bleeding also from my teeth. I suffered from last 4 months. I don't have sugar and BP. I am 31 years old. Please give treatment for me.
I 30 years suffering from burning sensation in chest and frequently suffering from mouth ulcersPlease suggest some permanent remedy.
Dental implants need to be maintained carefully after surgery and for that you got to follow a few essential caring tips.
Best caring tips after dental implants:
- Maintaining a healthy diet: Healthy diet needs to be maintained and in this case, only nutritious and soft foods are to be included.
- Careful brushing: Only soft bristle brush needs to be used in this regard and do not pressurize the treated areas. In this case, tenderness needs to be considered so that brushing can be conducted carefully without injuring or hurting implants.
- Avoid smoking: You are not allowed to continue smoking after implants, as that can make the situation complicated, as a result, of which you might even experience dreadful consequences. You should follow different steps to completely curtail the smoking habit from your lifestyle.
- Scheduling appointments: You should meet your dentist on a frequent basis in order to make sure that everything is perfect. You can also visit your dentist in times of emergencies when you are facing tremendous pain or bleeding.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: Oral hygiene is the most important thing, and this is the reason you are advised to use any special mouthwash or any other flossing solution. This step needs to be continued for preventing the growth of unwanted infectious elements as that can ruin the implants completely. You should also carefully brush your teeth without affecting the implanted area.
- Avoid cold or hot drinks and foods: You should not take excessively hot or chilled items immediately after dental implants as that might create an adverse situation. This is a strict instruction which is usually given to the patients by their dentists so that implants can be protected and can be maintained in the long run.
- Apply ice pack: If you want to get rid of unwanted swelling and inflammation, immediately after dental implants, then nothing can be the best than homemade therapy, other than using ice packs. You should keep the ice packs just over the swollen art directly, and you can even try out this therapy multiple times in a day and will get relief instantly.
- Taking painkillers: If the implanted area has swollen up, and it is paining badly, then you should try useful painkillers, but the medicines should be prescribed by your dentist. But do not take these medicines on a frequent basis rather take them only when the pain is severe.
Related Tip: "Reasons Why You Should Not Be Nervous About Dental Implant"
I am a 25 years old. I am having pain of teeth which was done root canal treatment and I am unable to chew food with that particular teeth. Do help in this regard.
GOOD BRUSHING TECHNIQUE FOR KIDS
Good brushing should take at least 2 minutes time.
1. Divide the mouth into 6 sections and take 20 secs for each section.
2. Start with the outer surfaces of the lower jaw
3. Then the inner and the biting surfaces
4. Repeat the upper jaw in the same manner. Small circular motion near gum line is most effective.