Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VikasYour feedback matters!
You can be very much addicted to having sugar that many-a-times you might find it difficult to cut down on the amount of your intake. You might find it impossible to stop eating sugar. You might crave to have anything which has a lot of sugar in it.
Why is it bad?
Sugar is a fattening compound as it contains fructose. Sugar causes you to overeat, which in turn causes weight gain. It can bring anatomical changes in the brain, which gets you into an addiction. Sugar addiction is just like any other addiction, like that with nicotine or any other drugs. The only difference is the substance being used. Sugar can mess with the chemical balance of the brain to make you crave for it more.
- A 2009 study from the University of California shows how a high-fructose diet can cause you to build new fat cells around your heart, liver, and digestive organs in just 10 weeks, plunging you into the early stages of diabetes and heart disease (whereas a high glucose diet did not have the same effects)
- Excess fructose consumption is a major contributor to insulin resistance and obesity, hypertension, cardiovascular disease, liver disease, cancer, arthritis, and other diseases
- Fructose is metabolized very differently in your body from glucose; all of the metabolic burden falls on your liver, in much the same way as for alcohol, and your body becomes a sea of toxic by-products.
- Glucose, on the other hand, is your body’s nearly ideal source of fuel, meaning it has none of the damaging metabolic effects of fructose; glucose also suppresses your appetite, unlike fructose, which stimulates your appetite and encourages overeating and the accumulation of excess body fat
How to overcome it?
To overcome sugar addiction, here are a few steps you can take:
- Observe yourself: This is the first step you should take. Observe what you eat, how much of sugar it contains. Take a note of how you feel after having sugar or something, which is laden with sugar. Keep a diary entry of whatever you observe about yourself and your sugar consumption.
- Practice self care: It is extremely difficult for any sugar addict to transition into a diet without any sugar or low sugar content. You will have to take it slow and add regular practice of self care. Do not avoid breakfast every morning. Remember to add in the required amount of fats and proteins (learn more about the Importance of Protein). Do not skip out on meals. Drink a lot of water and fluids like fresh fruit juice and sleep for at least 7 hours or more so that you get proper rest.
- Be honest with yourself: If you are trying to get rid of the sugar addiction, you have to be extremely honest without yourself. If you succumb to temptation and end up eating a few too many candies, then be honest with yourself and admit it. Make it a point to overcome the temptation the next time.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
I am having certain type of allergies in my fingers. I suppose it is a sort of fungus. What should you suggest for it.
My 5 year old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision.
I had fever since last 3 days. And today at night I start shivering and can't control it. And then I vomit (green in color). I had also pain in my stomach. What should I do?
My husband 51 years old suffering from Thrombotic occlusion of left sigmoid transverse sinuses with hemorrhagic venous infarct in the left temper-parietal lobe. Now he has lost his memory, he couldn't understand things, names (objects, person )even he unable to write and read. Would it be possible to read ,write and identify things in future.
I'm 68 years male enjoying normal good health except that most of the time I feel little congestion in my nose and throat (with occasional sneeze and cough) which have to be cleared every now and then. I do avoid eating cold or drinking cold water etc. But somethings it's unavoidable. I don't take any specific medicine for this condition. Kindly help me come out of this irritating condition.
Sir I am suffering from Hydocoel! I want to know that whether hydocoel bring any hindrance in the sexual life of the patient or not? please help.
Is it normal to think about sex all the time? I think about sex even after having sex? Is it something to worry about?
Doctor my mother is patient of diabetes and cld and renal problem but still now stable just before 4 days her condition is very serious but after that she is normal and those days her mental status very altered, her disease is very curable or not please reply me if possible with regards.
What are the following physical examination notes signify for 58 female? 1) S1 S2 NAD 2) chest vesicular breath sound.
Sir I'm 21 year old and my testicle size is no big what should I do eat to make their size bigger and improve sex stamina.
Sir, Thanks for your good advice, My wife age 48 years she is not much interested in sex, Hormone change some suggest kindly advice.
Ear discharge may occur due to several reasons. Injury or trauma to the ear canal, a ruptured ear drum or an infection in the middle ear may be the most common causes of ear discharge. Eczema, swimmer’s ear and other skin irritations may also lead to this problem.
It is a common phenomenon in children and adults alike. Most ear infection results in discharge from the ear. This ear discharge is medically known as otorrhea, and it is any fluid that comes out of the ear, mainly in the form of pus.
1. Most of the time, any fluid leaking out of an ear is ear wax.
2. A ruptured eardrum can cause a white, slightly bloody, or yellow discharge from the ear. Dry crusted material on a child's pillow is often a sign of a ruptured eardrum. The eardrum may also bleed. Causes of a ruptured eardrum include:
- Foreign object in the ear canal
- Injury from a blow to the head, foreign object, very loud noises, or sudden pressure changes (such as in airplanes)
- Inserting cotton-tipped swabs or other small objects into the ear
- Middle ear infection
- Other causes of ear discharge include:
3. Eczema and other skin irritations in the ear canal
While there are some simple home remedies to treat this disorder, always consult an ENT specialist if the discharge does not stop after the application of those treatments. Let us look at some common ways to treat this disorder.
- Ear Drops: There are antibiotic ear drops, and there are antiseptic ear drops. Antibiotic ear drop will dry your ear and stop the discharge in your ear. It mainly kills the bacteria that have caused the infection. There are certain side-effects of using antibiotic ear drops, which include dizziness, itching in the ear, earache or yeast infection. However, these side-effects are extremely mild and go away as soon as you stop using the antibiotic drops. The antiseptic ear drops are not as effective as the antibiotic ear drops, and hence, these aren’t used that much to treat any infection.
- Antibiotic Tablets: Antibiotic tablets are also an option to treat ear infections, but again these are not that effective as the antibiotic ear drops have proven to be.
- Surgical procedures: An operation called myringoplasty or tympanoplasty is conducted to repair the hole in your eardrum which has been discharging the pus. This operation has a greater chance to improve your hearing abilities. Doctors resort to this option only when your infection cannot be treated by ear drops.
When to Contact a Medical Professional
Call your health care provider if:
- The discharge is white, yellow, clear, or bloody.
- The discharge has lasted more than 5 days.
- The discharge is the result of an injury.
- There is a loss of hearing.
- There is severe pain.
- The discharge is associated with other symptoms, such as fever or headache.
- There is redness or swelling coming out of the ear canal.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!