Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. VikYour feedback matters!
I'm 31 years old male having weight 120 kgs height 6 ft. I was taking allopathic medicine for high blood pressure n I used it for 8 months but after that I am using homeopath from 8 months. Recently I have been diagnosed with high uric acid which is 7.93. Please suggest me that what to eat n what to not eat bcz some people are saying that I hv take medicine lifetime n I don't want this. I want to reduce it naturally Thanks.
Dear sir 1-my father is 73 year have gone bypass surgery on 1995 in hospital, delhi. Triple vessel artery disease. Graft were implated. Having diabetic, bp. By Dr. Gk mani. 2-now on 15-jan-015 he again admitted to medical college, lucknow. For heart problem. Angio was done. All graft blocked. Medicine prescibed. Shock also given during angio. Dischrged. 3-(23-01-015)----150/80 pulse-100----(14-04-015)----110/60, pulse---90 4-renal dysfunction ---(14-02-015)---serum creatine---1.66, serum urea---84mg/dl---(14-04-015)--serum creatine---1.10, serum urea---34mg/dl 5-renal dysfunction---(02-03-015)---serum creatine---3mg/dl, serum urea---112mg/dl--(14-04-015)--normal 6-(04-03-015)---uric acid---9.8----(14-04-015)----2.5mg/dl 7-(18-03-015)---serum creatine---1.6, serum urea---46mg/dl---(14-04-015)--serum creatine---1.10 8-stomach pain on (18-03-15)---done ultrasound---given inj voveran for pain---found 4-6mm multiple stone in gallbalder. Dr. Advise for operation. Report shows---mild hepatomegaly, choleithiasis, fatty pancreas, hypoechoic bowel wall thckening in left illacfossa, inflammatory. There is pain frequently. And voveran inj have to be given. For pain relief. Now problem:-(19-04-015) 1-pain (inj voveran given. But again pain. For gallbalder. 2-constipation 3-uneasyness. Feeling heavyness. In chest. Abdomen. 4-weakness. Already medicine for heart is given. Please suggest me if its recommended for redo bypass surgery and gall bladder surgery? look foward to your reply thanking you
I am srinivas 25 ys old suffering from chest burn, food reflux since last 3 yrs. I am using omeprazole capsules but not regularly. And please inform me what should I do to get out of that.
These are the tools:
Symptoms- not gaining weight
- recurrent respiratory tract illness
- fast breathing
- feeding difficulty
- excessive sweating
Confirmation: 2 d echocardiography
2 d echocardiography is sonography of heart. By this test structure of heart can be evaluated and heart disease can be identified.
My husband is having problem of diabetes (juvenile), high blood pressure, thyroid problem n heart problem also. 60 to 70 percent of blockage is there n hus age is 37. Is it better to go for stunt or under medicine treatment.
Hello sir, my age is 28 years, sir my question is I was suffering from schizophrenia, at now I am better but I goes to hypertension in some times, so please give instructions to me how I do in routine.
Lifestyle is one of the best defences against heart disease. All you need to do to maintain good heart health is to just make simple but significant changes to your lifestyle. By doing so, you end up minimising the risk factors associated with heart disease such as coronary artery disease.
The lifestyle changes that you must make for a healthy heart are:
1. Be physically active - Research by Harvard University shows that watching television for 2 hours a day can increase your chances of developing heart disease by 15%. But if you exercise or indulge in some kind of physical activity for about 30 minutes every day, you can significantly improve the health of your heart as any kind of physical activity improves your blood circulation as well as blood pressure.
2. Maintain a healthy body weight - Having a low body weight or a high one can also put you at risk of getting heart disease. For a good heart health, you need to protect it from fatigue and damage. By keeping your weight at an optimum level, your blood circulation, as well as body fluids, end up working efficiently, protecting your heart from unnecessary strain.
3. Have a balanced diet - Foods that are low in calories but high in fibre and nutrients are what your heart needs to stay healthy. A very common cause of heart disease is the consumption of high cholesterol foods like processed meats, desserts, etc. Including seafood like tuna or salmon, whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins such as chicken and fish to your diet can reduce your risk of developing heart disease.
4. Manage stress - Stress is another factor that causes you to have poor heart health. To prevent the damaging effect that stress can have on your heart, exercising is what you should do. This is because when you exercise, you release endorphins (brain chemicals that trigger a feel-good feeling in your body), which help in improving your physical and mental makeup. Additionally, exercising has also been found to reduce your chances of dying from a heart attack.
5. Quit smoking - Research reveals that smoking raises your chance of getting heart disease by about 2-4 times. It causes plaque (fatty deposits) to accumulate and harden in your arteries, making your heart to exert itself harder than normal. By kicking the habit, you reduce the strain that is caused to your lungs, thereby to your heart.
Related Tip: Heart Care in Your Hands
Omega 3 pills
If you have a heart disease, high cholesterol or a family history of heart problems, then you need to increase your intake of foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
These healthy fatty acids help lower triglycerides (fats in the blood) and prevent angina. Plus, due to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, omega-3 fats have a profound effect on heart health.
I am now age of 52. No have b. P./ sugar problem. Good health & aptitude. Sex will also good. What treatment needed to be good sex life in my age? Also suggest healthy food. Thanks!
Doctor, My Total cholesterol is 219, HDL. 53, Triglycerides 119, LDL. 150mg/dl. Non-Hdl cholesterol 166.2. Do I need medication for this?
Sir, My mother is 66 years and is taking medicines like Telma 20, Deplatt 75 A, Calaptin 40 mg, Avas 5 mg since 3 years and Elextroxin 25 mcg for thyroid since 2 months every morning on empty stomach. She suffered TIA 3 years back. Today when when I went for regular check up her BP was 126/64 and pulse is 84 so our Doctor asked to stop taking Telma 20. Our Doctor said from tomorrow keep checking your mother's BP whenever her BP shows 160/90 then you give her Telma 20 otherwise don't give her everyday. Sir I'm little worried because she is taking Telma 20 from 3 years and if she stops I'm scared will it impact her health or will her BP suddenly falls down or shoot up. I'm very confused. Please help me to understand that is it OK to stop her BP tablet Telma 20 or no. All her other medicines she will continue. Please help me as I'm very much worried.
In susceptible patients, this small increase may actually be able to trigger a heart attack or stroke. In the study, which appeared in a recent issue of the journal hypertension, researchers tested 83 people as they breathed levels of air pollution similar to those in an urban city near a roadway. The air pollution caused diastolic pressure, the lower number in a blood pressure reading -- to rise within two hours. Blood vessels were impaired for as long as 24 hours. Tests showed that microscopic particles in the air, rather than ozone gases, caused the rise in blood pressure and impaired blood vessel function. If there is a high forecast for air pollution levels, then those with heart disease, diabetes or lung disease should avoid unnecessary outdoor activity.
Blood vessels were impaired for as long as 24 hours. Tests showed that microscopic particles in the air, rather than ozone gases, caused the rise in blood pressure and impaired blood vessel function. If air pollution levels are forecasted to be high, those with heart disease, diabetes or lung disease should avoid unnecessary outdoor activity.