Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Vijayalakshmi KashiYour feedback matters!
I am 35 years old female I have two children and I will get tension in night times while sleeping and I feel nerves, fat problem also what I have to do.
My question is, I am not able to concentrate on my studies. Sports When I am start studying my mind is going to divert I am going to think other things Now I am going for doing meditation Daily I need any other answers from you.
Are they any long-term effects associated with taking ADD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medication? If so, what are they and what medication are implicated?
Hello sir My daughter short type memory she learn chapter after sometime his mind blankwhat I can do.
I am finding problems in erection for last 2 years, I am 31 years old male do not know if it is because of stress or what.
I don't feel fresh even after my sleep. There is a stress in my body. I feel lazy whole day long. When I wake up after my sleep then there is a pain in my body. I feel tired after a little work. And I sleep so much. Please help & suggest.
Dr. The thing is I have been living alone for about 8 year alone far from my family. I visit them once a year for like 2 or 3 weeks. I am not married yet but I am in a relationship since 2009. At the beginning everything was going well with him and my family too. But now I do not want to be with him. It is being 3 years almost since I lost my feelings for him. I could not break up with him because my mom wants me to merry him as soon as possible. Last year I met a man. And I had an affair with him cause I wanted to be happy. I wanted someone whom I want. He never told me that he was married but I found it latter that hr is married and have two kids. But I could not leave him. I just love him so much. Even from this relationship with him o could not find happiness and all this marrying someone else and being in love with someone I can never get and family forcing me to get married is just killing me inside. I am so sure that I will never live a happy life if I merry the one my mom wants me to. But I never do anything my mom do not want to. Even doing a teaching course is what my parents wanted me to do. I never wanted to be a teacher. But I am doing this for my parents. What I feel is that my life is falling apart. I never deserve to have what I want. And I have changed a lot. I have being so careless about everything even to my self. I do not want to eat, I do not want to see people and have be with them I do not want to have fun. I just love being alone in my room. Being aline makes me more comfortable than being with people. My mom pointed out that I can not control my anger now and I know that too. I get emotional with simple simple thing and I cry alot. I do not know why. Getting angry and being sad always. I just get these feeling out nowhere. It is like I know nothing about my self. I can not control me. The one I had an affair with also love so dearly. I know that and that is the reason ge could not tell me about his marriage. He tried to tell me about it later but I did not believe him aa it is something I never wanted to believe. But now everything is in front of me but I can not leave him and he do not want ro leave me too. I could merry him as his second wife too but my family will never alow it as it will bring bad names to my family and they say that once a cheater always a cheater and I do not believe this. I know this change in my behaviour is not a good thing. But I can not and I could not change it. Another thing is that I never share my feelings with others cause in my heart I believe that no one understands me. No one will ever understand me. Dr. Could you help me or give me some suggestions that I could change my self and be like a happy girl I was before. Thank you.
I am 58 years old and I have memory problem whenever I meet some one I lost everything what to talk and my mind totally blank.
I suffer from anxiety and depression. U feel moody and I eat less. I do not socialise with anybody. It all started after a breakup. Please help me.
Modern lifestyle generally motivates you to be conscious of your health and external obstacles to attain a fit body. But like many other problems that are not quite evident, lack of sex in your relationship may look like a trivial matter in the beginning, but can become a bigger emotional and psychological problem for you and your partner. Here are several ways in which lack of sex can lead to trouble in your relationship, and in the long run affect your mental and psychological health.
- Resentment as a primary factor: It has been widely accepted that resentment towards your partner is one of the primary reasons for the lack of sex in your relationship. However, you cannot ignore the fact that in most cases, lack of sex, which is not due to resentment, leads to resentment and misunderstandings, making it a serious issue. This will indeed induce great stress in you, affecting the way you treat your partner even outside the bedroom.
- Harm caused by resultant depression: Lack of sex in a relationship often goes a long way in widening the emotional gap between you and your partner. It results into simmering resentment or quarrels. The feeling of rejection has been known to induce severe clinical depression, which can seriously affect the relationship.
- Stress which you can't cope with: Doctors all over the world agree that sex is a great stress buster. The release of chemicals like endorphin or oxytocin inside the body induces relief and a feel-good mood, which reduces anxiety of daily life goals. When you stop having sex, the stress increases, which at some point of time or the other will lead to misunderstandings and problems in the relationship and emotional strain.
Overall, lack of sex leads to insecurity in the relationship and builds up mistrust, which in turn affects your and your partner's personal health. So, sitting down and discussing how to address this issue might be a good idea if you notice the lack of passion in your relationship.
Hi i am Male 25 years, I cannot concentrate on study whole day thinking about my girlfriend feeling sad, some time very bad thoughts are coming I cannot imaging that type of thought coming negative thoughts like a suck the penis cross the men this type of I am suffering lots please help me on this.
I have a problem that I frequently have mood swings nothing seems good to me. I get angry on small small things very frequently since my childhood. One thing I also want to tell that I do not have any support from my parents side. Things are so difficult with me that I even don't want to live with them. I am also having sleeping disorder. I get irritated very frequently on such small things. And in my mind there is always negative thought going on. I imagine things a lot. I have a lot of negativity surround me. I do things though I know it very well that what I am doing is not right. I don't have any control on my mind. I want to be alone. I am also headache problem. Please recommend me some therapy or some exercise so that I can overcome from my problem.
I am anxious about many things. For eg I can not sleep without properly checking door lock. Electric off. Gas off from regulator etc. If my kid is sick wit minor cold etc I think about the worse things. I felt happy or secure wit trusted friends or family.
I am very much doubtful about my future. I cannot do the things fully focused. When I think about my future I am getting nervous. My goal are really big but because of this problem I cannot do anything. What should I do?
Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body.
Here are a few things you can work on if stress or depression is ruining your sex life:
- Break the pattern: Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships. Talk to your partner.
- Having an open conversation with your partner: It is the key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
- Try to stay away from performance anxiety: Don't let performance anxiety take a toll on your sex life. Studies show that being conscious about their performance in bed leads men to lose their erection, which takes all the pleasure away from intimate moments. Instead of being stressed about your sexual performance, focus on your partner's needs and attend to them for a more pleasurable sex life.
- Don't make it seem necessary to have sex even if your partner is tired: If you find that stress due to problems at workplace or financial issues is affecting your partner considerably, then respect his/her decision of saying no to sex. Don't pressurise your partner to get intimate just because you want it. Your patience and understanding nature will increase your partner's admiration towards you, in turn leading to a more passionate and happier sex life. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!