Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. VijayalakshmiYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, I got unwanted pregnancy by chance about which I came to know just after skipping my periods, so that was 5 weeks pregnancy, that's why I had abortion pills for the first time which are usually recommended by various websites as well. It worked, but I did not get proper periods, I mean blood clots are coming but only with urine otherwise the pad is clear. But yes I am having very strong cramps after taking pills. I wanted to know that it's normal or I need to have pills again. Please guide me.
Hello sir/madam I'm 21 year old & I just cuddled with my girlfriend but I didn't inserted my pennies to her vagina but I ejaculated above of her vagina will she become pregnant.
Hi can I use unwanted kit for 12 weeks .actually we have an intercourse from on 15 may. I have an normal period of every first month between 1 to 10th. From june I did not get my period .probably I guess I am in 10 to 12 weeks .I am very much nervous to go to hospital. Can you guide me please .
I am having my period problem since 2010. The two days am getting totally out of control. Am suffering in uncontrollable vomiting with belly ache. I can't eat any thing also. After doctor prescription I did a ultra sound scanning. The report says that there may be a right ovarian cyst. My weight is not also not increasing from 45 kg since 2012. I am having a lot of pimple in my face also. What should I do? kindly suggest,
I am 34 years old. Since last 2 months my periods were delayed by 10 days. In May it started on 16th. In June it started on 26th and in August it started on 4th. Now bleeding has started on 24th August i. E. Just within 20 days. 2 years Back I had a cyst for which I took medicines and it was cured. What may be the reason in such irregularity in periods?
The muscle you are working during kegels is called the pc muscle (pubococcygeus), and it's the same muscle you use when you control the flow of urine. Think about when you go pee then someone knocks on the door and you stop the stream of pee that muscle that you contract to stop the flow of urine is the pc muscle. Try flexing it right now.
This is also the muscle you use to hold in a fart. If you haven't found it yet, pretend you are holding in a poop that's the muscle. When you do these, try not to flex other muscles, like your stomach or thighs. It's okay if you're squeezing your butt hole (that's part of the pc muscle), but don't squeeze your butt cheeks.
A kegel exercise routine will consist of contracting this muscle several times, at different lengths, and resting between reps. Try holding the muscle for 1 second. Try 3 seconds. Try 8 seconds. When you are new to this it is difficult and normal if you can only hold for a second or two. You will get better with time!
A workout routine will involve a few sets of these. For example, squeeze for 5 seconds, rest for 5 seconds, and do that 10 times. Now wait a minute and repeat the whole thing again. Some people prefer a static routine of 2 sets of 10 reps at 5 second holds, others come up with varying sets.
Also try doing these in different positions. Try standing up, sitting down, crouched, and in the fetal position. Try legs apart and legs closed. Some positions may be easier for kegeling than others.
Remember to breathe holding your breathe during these will make it more difficult you may get turned on while doing these. That's fine, just go with it! you're only doing 2 things tensing or relaxing those pee-stopping muscles. It's best to do on an empty bladder, so if you have to pee, go to the bathroom before. As with any exercise, the more you stick with it, the better you become. Don't give up if you don't see results in a day you'll see results within a week!
Hello sir/mam My gfs age is 21 nd she is suffering from irregular white discharge/white solids from her vagina tried many creams bt did not worked. Wht might have happened doctor? Is it normal or not. And how to stop that? please help me.
I have a both anal and oral sex with a gay men and I tested for chlamydia in mouth (oral) and it came negative and if I tested negative from oral test should I have any chlamydia in butt (ass)
I am 23 years old. I had sexual relationship with many of my friends that include girls too. How can I know whether I have any sexually transmitting diseases?
Plese tell how to get rid of wart on inner lips of vagina. I fear it can spread to other parts and removal by burning is not possible as it is sensitive area.
Had periods on 5.01& then 18.02. Had protected sex on 14,21 March. No periods since then. What could be the reason. Any chance of pregnancy? Highly irregular periods.
I'm 31 years Old and my TSH IS 9.10 AND I also have pcos with regular periods and we are trying for kids since 5 years.
I am 32 years old pregnant lady &completed 7 month on 21 june 15. At the time miner bleeding occur. My playcentta low throw 3 month pregnancy. Suggest me precaution &urgent medicine in that condition please.
I have 1 months pregnancy. I don't want it, so what should I do? abortion or any pills for unwanted pregnancy. Please help me.
I consumed I pill 5 times in last one year. My menses last only 2 days (first day normal bleeding second day less bleeding) From one year. Before all this my menses was normal. What should I do to cure this?
I want to conceive and I got married 10 months back. My husband had masturbations habit. And I am suffering with ovarian cyst two months back but now the problem is cleared in the last scan. Is it problem to conceive? Or can we take any treatment?
Pregnancy is considered to be one of the most challenging and important phases in the life of a woman.
Pregnancy Complications are health problems that occur during pregnancy. They can involve the mother’s health, the baby’s health, or both. Some women have health problems before they become pregnant that could lead to complications. Other problems arise during the pregnancy. Keep in mind that whether a complication is common or rare, there are ways to manage problems that come up during pregnancy.
Some complications that might occur during pregnancy are discussed below:
- Severe Nausea and Vomiting: It is common for nausea and vomiting to occur during a pregnancy. In order to avoid this condition, one should consume several small meals throughout the day and completely avoid spicy and fatty foods.
- A persistent abdominal pain, severe headache, swelling and visual disturbances during the third trimester: This can be a fatal condition and often is a sign of high blood preeclampsia (pregnancy complication involving high blood pressure as well as damage to another organ system). It can be diagnosed early using good prenatal care which essentially comprises of frequent check-ups with the doctor and all the necessary treatment during pregnancy.
- Flu Symptoms: It is recommended that flu vaccine should be administered to pregnant women as they usually tend to develop the disease during their pregnancy.
- Gestational Diabetes: Gestational diabetes can increase the chance of a larger baby at birth and create delivery complications, increase your risk for high blood pressure and cause the baby to have blood sugar problems after birth. If you are diagnosed, it’s important to consult your gynecologist to control your blood sugar level, which can often be done through diet and exercise.
- Baby’s activity level significantly declines: Sometimes, the activity of a previously active baby might decline. This can be felt by reducing the number of the kicks by the baby. The doctor has specific equipment that aids in identifying and resolving the problem.
- Bleeding: Heavy bleeding accompanied by abdominal pain and menstrual-type cramps during the first trimester might indicate an ectopic pregnancy (embryo is implanted outside one’s uterus) or a miscarriage while occurrence in the third semester indicates placental abruption (characterized by the placenta separating from the womb’s walls). Any form of bleeding warrants the immediate attention of the doctor. Steps to avoid bleeding include bed rest, avoiding heavy work, and keeping yourself hydrated.
A Healthy Pregnancy-
The best way to ensure a healthy pregnancy is to focus on the things you can control and don’t obsess about what could happen. Take good care of yourself and your developing baby and talk with a healthcare provider when you have concerns.