Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay RaghavaYour feedback matters!
I have teeth problem. There is many cabitise in my teeth and one my teeth has broken. How can I clean my teeth?
Hello, I am 34 year old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minute I need to drink water. What should I do.?
Hi, I am asking question on behalf of my Husband. He is having mouth ulcers remains almost every time. Even he avoids junk food. Please advise.
I had a teeth problem for last 3 days I get blood from teeth so can you give suggestion to recover from that problem.
Sir actually there is cavity in my teeth what to do for filling it? And my teeth is in little bit yellow color how to make my teeth white?
One of my corner teeth is paining after I had chicken struck in it. I removed it. But there is a pain by which i am not able to eat or chew to the left side. Please excuse my as do not know the exact terminology, thanks.
I am suffering from teeth ache last 2 month. Please advice me. Actually whole teeth get pain some time moler, premoler and my teeth is going to short day to day.
When I am eating food I get more water in my mouth, some times two three drops will fall in my plate when I bend for eating food. So is there any problem?
I need to ask a question to dentist regarding bad smell in mouth.After taking food,the taste of food is remaining in mouth.After some time some smell is coming.I consulted dentist,he suggested cleaning.After cleaning also same problem is repeating.If any one suggest good solution,I feel very happy
I have lost two major teeth due to tooth decay how normal biting can be established and dental implant are safe or not.
Is 'RCT ' a permanent solutions for dental problem ? A deep hole on my upper teeth of both side I am feeling huge problem. Please advise me.
I want to know the reason of bad breath I have gone to dentist as well he said you r fine where should I go I want to gid rid of how.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.