Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
I am suffering from great fear of death and aging causing anxiety insonomia and angity. I am taking mirtazapine 7.5 and esclitopramplus .I am feeling good. But when I discontinue it again feeling fear. Doctor has told me you r suffering from OCD/GAD. Please suggest me best homeopathy medicine or ayurvedic medicine. I am doing yoga and sudarshan Kriya on daily basis.
I just don't enjoy the things I used to, and I don't feel much like visiting friends or family. Is this part of aging?
I feel so depressed I cnt focus on anything wht should I do some time I feel like suicide is d bst way to shortcut my problems.
I want to quit smoking what's the best medicine to quit smoking. Please help I am willing to quit smoking. Do reply soon.
I love a boy a lot we were together for 3 years but then he cheated me I want to get rid of his thoughts I am not being able to sleep nor work
I lost somebody close last week. I am feeling very depressed. I'm not interested in anything. I have an headache all the time. Please help me.
I have been smoking since 7 years and lips have become black. Can you please suggest me how to make my lips non black in short time.
Plz doctor help me out I am having some problem in my studies my mind is not working good so help me out from it as soon as possible.
Hi doctor sir/madam I and my husband small small matter getting fighting touch I also shouting touch emotional he getting hungry with me lot of he will slap for me on that time I dont know what I am doing I only crying lot and my brain will think dont be in this world go any thing do an die you dont live go die go die it will say what I am doing what happened for me I dont know that time I am getting suicide for me my head to much of hot 2 days back same thing I decided to suicide what for me happened doctor pls give me my mind also to upset what I can do pls give me advice and solution.
Always some negative thoughts come to mind and I am suffering from depressions. How to get rid of this problem?
I am open heart person I will always speak openly that is disadvantage for me even unknown person I believe he is a right person and put all my burden and worries in front of them that is advantage for them so how to avoid this kind discripencies in out life.
Hiii. I am 35 years old. I am facing some problem like unable to sleep in night properly and many times I feel so heaviness in my brain and feeling so restless and able to concentrate. Bad bad thoughts coming in my mind. What should I do.
Thinking about dangers and risks is a normal phenomenon, it helps us to stay alert and to become a good problem solver. It’s only when worrying gets out of a person’s control, it turns into a problem. If a person is constantly preoccupied with “what-if " and keeps imagining worst-case scenarios, worry actually turns into the cause for high pulse rate, insomnia, poor mental and physical health.
Here are 4 simple steps to cope with anxiety and worry.
1. Breathing technique: The first thing to do when you get anxious is to take deep breath. Deep breathing is a powerful anxiety-reducing technique because it activates the body’s relaxation response. Try slowly inhaling to a count of 5, filling your belly first and then your chest, gently holding your breath to a count of 5, and slowly exhaling to a count of 5 and repeat several times.
2. Accept that you’re anxious: Remember anxiety is just a feeling, like any other feeling, by reminding yourself that anxiety is simply an emotional reaction, you can start to accept it. Acceptance is critical because trying to eliminate anxiety often worsens it. But accepting your anxiety doesn’t mean liking it or resigning yourself to a miserable existence. It just means you would benefit by accepting reality as it is – and in that moment, reality means 'anxiety' you are feeling.
3. Question your worries. When people are anxious, most of the time their brains start coming up with all sorts of unrealistic ideas, which most likely will never occur. To avoid unnecessary worry, one should ask himself / herself a few questions like:
- Is there a reason to believe something is wrong?
- What evidence is there that something is wrong?
- If the worst possible outcome happens, what would be so bad about that?
- What are the options I can use to handle the situation at hand?
4. Focus on right now: When people are anxious, they are usually obsessing about something that might occur in the future. It is important that when a person becomes anxious, he/she takes a deep breath and pay attention to what’s happening right now, around them. Even if something serious is happening, focusing on the present moment will improve your ability to manage the situation.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I was using my cellphone when plugged into the usb 3.0 port of my laptop. I did not have my laptop plugged into any charging outlet. But while using the cellphone (metal body) I felt mini vibration when it was plugged in I felt it for a long time. 5-10 mins. Then I plugged it out of the laptop just to check and yes it was due to it being plugged it. I checked the input mA and volts on an app. It showed 200-360mA of current with 3.4 volts. And now my hand feels weird. And the question is does this have any effects on your body? Or your brain? Im also anxietic by the way. So need to know the answer from someone who understands this before this paranoia makes me panic anymore. I feel like the current has affected my brain or my hand in some or the other way.
Bipolar disorder is a condition where the patient may go through certain periods of extreme happiness and joy which is known as mania. On the other hand, there may be other periods where the patient may be extremely sad and depressed and even suicidal.
In some individuals, these phases may last quite long whereas, in others, they may change very quickly. However, there are certain common symptoms displayed by patients with bipolar disorder. Let's look at a few of them.
- Feeling extremely happy, to the point of being careless - Certain patients, at the onset of bipolar disorder, will feel extremely happy and have their sense of judgment hampered. When patients feel very elated without proper context, or for very small reasons, it could be an indication that the person is experiencing mania.
- Feeling extremely depressed - Similarly, on the other end of the spectrum, if a person feels extremely depressed without an appropriate reason, it may be due to bipolar disorder. Also, the severity of depression and the length of time for which a person experiences it is also an indicator of the condition.
- Lack of interest in activities which formerly interested you - You may suddenly lose interest in an activity that genuinely interested you earlier. This may include your profession or hobbies.
- Loss of appetite during the depression phases - During the phases of depression or sadness, which may sometimes last for months, a person may rapidly lose weight due to lack of interest in food. Even for patients who have shorter cycles of changes lasting for only a few weeks, this will be noticeable.
- Extreme restlessness and lack of sleep during the manic phases - When the person enters a manic or happy cycle, it may trigger over enthusiasm, restlessness and lack of sleep. This, like the depression phase, will also vary from patient to patient and may continue for the entire duration of the phase. A jump from a depression cycle into this phase will be definitely noticed by others.
If a few of these symptoms are detected, then the patient should be taken to a mental health professional for appropriate treatment as soon as possible.