Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. VijayYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor meri sister 18 yrs ki hai uske 10 th me cycle se girne se front ke 2-3 teeth me pain or problem hua tha abhi wo bhut pain kar rahe hai and kharab bhi ho gaye hai usme se rasi jaisa banke nikal raha tha to doctor ne teeth me hole karke nikal diya but abhi usko change karna hai what can we do?
My teeth are somewhat outside n I had braced it. But still now they are. I can't do it again. Can you plzzzz help me.
Know how Root Canal treatment helps to save a tooth
Hi friends I am doctor Premendra Goyal. Lot of questions are asked to us about whether to save a tooth or to extract it. I will talk to you about root canal treatment today which is a treatment by which we can save your tooth and it can serve for a lifetime with good maintenance. A tooth basically is a lot of hard tissue with some tissue in the center, you can it the heart of your tooth which in our language is called as pulp and layman end up calling it something as nerve. Once that nerve or pulp portion of your tooth is exposed to the oral cavity in some way may be a fracture of your tooth, may be decay, cavities- as we call them, once the heart of your tooth, the pulp of your tooth, the nerve of your tooth is exposed to the oral cavity your tooth is in danger. Tissue goes bad, infection travels, it goes deeper and it enters your bone area.
Now to save that tooth or not that is the first question that comes to the mind. By saving that tooth we are saving the natural thing that nature has given us. We have been trying to replace or replicate what nature has given us, but 100% replication of what nature has given us is not possible till date. So the best option is always to save a natural thing, and that can be easily done by root canal treatment. In root canal treatment I will try to explain in as simple language as simple the procedure is for the patient. I will reiterate- for the patient, for the clinician or for your dentist it definitely is a process which involves a lot of intricacies but for a patient it is a very simple procedure, wherein local anesthesia is given and the area is numbed and you don’t feel any pain when you undergo the treatment.
A small hole is drilled on the top of the tooth, if it is a grinder, if it is the front tooth the hole is drilled on the back side of your tooth and the nerve area is accessed. And through small instruments the inside and the root area of your tooth is cleaned, up it is shaped, it is disinfected with lot of medicaments and then it is finally filled up with artificial material and then your tooth is restored to normalcy with a cap sometimes or a post which is a support inside the root and building up with the tooth canal material or a material of your choice.
I will give you a broad overview about how a root canal treatment goes about in the pictorial representation. (Displaying pictures) Suppose this was the decayed tooth, a small opening is made on the top of the tooth, we enter the tooth with small instruments, and with the advent of newer technologies it is possible today to complete your root canal in one single sitting, a half an hour to 45 minute appointment and you can end up with a painless tooth. First the root canal is cleaned, it is disinfected with certain medicaments, a artificial filling is placed in the root and then the tooth is restored on the top. So the question of whether to save a tooth or whether to extract it ends up with a proper restored tooth which works for a very long time serving you, thank you.
For more information you can contact us via Lybrate.
From past week something weird happed in my mouth. I'm enable to eat, the upper palate, chick n even toung is acting red in color, i'm finding hard to swallow. How can I get relief from this?
Doctor my hairs and teeth looks like an old person white and brownish so please suggest me some solution for this.
I have pain in my jaw joint in front and below the ear from long time. May I know what is the problem? Why this happens?
Hello Dr. I am suffering from frequent mouth ulcers. Everytime general physician prescribe Tab. Vitamin c forte Tab. Folic acid Tab. Betamethasone Three times a day. Always my mouth ulcers are gone with this medicine. Bt after few days some ulcers come on another place in mouth. I am suffering from this condition for last 1or 2 years. please prescribe me that medicine that would treat my ulcers permanent. please help.
I have permanents filling done in 6 of my teeth and RCT in 1. Also 1 molar is extracted. So the teeth having filling will hold any point or not in SSB Medical (Army) in which 14 dental points are required. I am so much tensed about this. PS: My third molars have not came yet.
I am 25 years old meal I have a hair problem. Please tell me what I do and what should I do? I have another problem teeth problem. Tell what your suggestion?
Sir /madam, I am suffering from severe gum bleeding. Everyday it bleeds for unknowing reasons even when I do not do anything that might have cause gum bleeding. Please suggest me what should I do. What may be tha consequences. Please advise me some effective home remedies. Waiting with hope for your valuable response. Thank you.
I have noticed my teeth are getting yellow, since few days I started brushing twice a day but still no change. Please suggest how to get rid of this.
Hi sir, I was hitting door and broken to 2 upper front teeth. X ray and root canal treat meant completed.in broken side composite filling.in root canal treatment that time some hole is there. Not wear crown. I need to take braces.
I am suffering from my teeth they are not white but I have tried many paste but no effect pls tell me how I get a whiten smile.
Hi doctor's, I am very worried about ulcers in my mouth. It's very frequent for me. Don't know what to do. Can't even eat food and sometimes can't even speak also. It's very painful. please advise.
I am completed my root canal 1 month later. And the doctor advice me to take hot salt water rains before going to bed regularly. But I still feeling some sensitivity problame in same teeth. What to do now?
Sir what causes (reasons) of tongue infection (white tongue) and what kind of taken precautions to avoid the problem. So much facing pain. How to reduce this kind of problem totally. What type of food we taken? What I taken tablets and solution and tubes.
Everybody desires to possess a beautiful smile but poor lifestyle and dietary habits tend to damage the natural white hue of your teeth and add a yellowish tinge to it. Yellowish and dull teeth are among the major factors that cause embarrassment and affect the quality of your beautiful smile.
The following are some foods that tend to damage your teeth:
1. Potato chips- Potato chips are high in starch content and have the tendency to get stuck in your teeth. Floss thoroughly after eating potato chips to ensure effective removal of the food particles that get stuck in your teeth to lessen the risk of plaque build-up in it.
2. Sticky food- Food which is sticky in nature often has the tendency to stick on to your teeth for longer than most other foods. Most dried fruits also fall under the category of sticky foods that can damage your teeth to a great extent. Rinse and floss on a regular basis after eating these foods to ensure protection of your teeth against damage.
3. Wine- According to studies, wine has positive effect on your health when consumed moderately; however, it is also responsible for damaging your oral health. If you intake a glass of wine at night on a regular basis, it increases the risk of damaging your tooth enamel and leads to its discoloration. Wine can also affect the calcium content of your teeth, cause bad breath and may result in the imbalance of your mouth's pH level. It is advisable to drink small sips of wine without swishing it for a long time.
4. Coffee and black tea- Black tea and caffeinated coffee tend to dry your mouth. Frequent consumption of tea and coffee tend to stain your teeth and it is responsible for the discoloration of your teeth. Make it a point to drink plenty of water to minimize the risk of teeth staining.
5. Carbonated drinks- Most carbonated drinks, including diet soda and soft drinks are acidic in composition and therefore, harmful for the health of your teeth. Caffeinated beverages tend to dry out the mouth, therefore, ensure to drink adequate water to balance out the negative impact of the caffeine.
6. Sports drinks- Most energy drinks and sports drinks are high in sugar content and thus, have the tendency to damage your oral hygiene; ultimately affecting the appearance of your teeth. Replace your sports drinks with fresh natural juice to lessen the risk of teeth damage.